Jack Grealish | Man City

TheReligion

Abusive
No, I'm just arguing that he usually plays very well for us which is something I have said multiple times in this thread earlier in his City career. It's just a shame that he will always get judged on goals when, like many other good players before him, it is just simply not his game. De Bruyne, Bernardo, Gundogan and Foden were all good but in my opinion Grealish dribbling were the main reason we got your defence out of shape so often in the first half.

Can't comment on Dalot's usual level, but worth mentioning that the reason he was on a yellow was a smart touch from Grealish
As I say you’re trolling. You’ve logged on to the Caf after winning the derby to tell us all how great Grealish is like we give a feck.

Then when pulled on it start calling Casemiro fat.

If you like posting here try having a bit more respect or get used to Bluemoon as your only source of football discussion.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
As I say you’re trolling. You’ve logged on to the Caf after winning the derby to tell us all how great Grealish is like we give a feck.

Then when pulled on it start calling Casemiro fat.

If you like posting here try having a bit more respect or get used to Bluemoon as your only source of football discussion.
Who have I disrespected? It is football, It's meant to be discussed. If he were terrible today, and you had won this thread would no doubt been bumped with remarks towards his price-tag, would it then been acceptable for me to state my opinion or would I have had to pretend to agree that he has been a fraud all along for my post to be acceptable?

OrcaFat

What do you want? A medal? He cost £100m quid FFS
Poster is just defending the claim that Grealish had a good game. Which he did, regardless of transfer fee. At the same time, I wish they didn’t have so many good players and can buy more whenever they feel like it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Who have I disrespected? It is football, It's meant to be discussed. If he were terrible today, and you had won this thread would no doubt been bumped with remarks towards his price-tag, would it then been acceptable for me to state my opinion or would I have had to pretend to agree that he has been a fraud all along for my post to be acceptable?
Ok troll

phelans shorts

Tore Dalot a new one
He didn’t have a chance getting booked for a nothing challenge after 80 seconds. Grealish kept receiving the ball and going down whenever there was a player within 5 yards, Antony’s total lack of tracking meant Dalot and McTominay were up against 3 or 4 men at all times

Lecland07

He is a dangerous player when he doesn't hesitate on the ball - our defence really struggled against him.

Very good game from him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He didn’t have a chance getting booked for a nothing challenge after 80 seconds. Grealish kept receiving the ball and going down whenever there was a player within 5 yards, Antony’s total lack of tracking meant Dalot and McTominay were up against 3 or 4 men at all times
Yeah he had no chance getting turned inside out with one two's, almost hacking silva for a penalty and generally being grilled.

Not saying he played an easy side or anything but he was defensively never ever set.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Looking much better these days.

Another thing fans may have been wrong about but pretend that they tend to be perfect.

mctrials23

Looking more like the player of old. Probably helps that City are absolutely killing it at the moment. Thats the benefit of playing in a team on top of its game. Everyone looks better. Mistakes are easily forgotten and when you are averaging about 4 goals a game no one cares if you miss a few.

Still not £100m worth of player for them but it doesn't really matter.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
He’s been so unlucky not to get the goals to his name as of recent, but if he continues playing like he is at the moment then they will come. He’s been superb the last few weeks.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He’s been so unlucky not to get the goals to his name as of recent, but if he continues playing like he is at the moment then they will come. He’s been superb the last few weeks.
Getting better for sure. Following the trend of other players under Pep that take a while to learn the system before he lets them have a bit more ‘freedom’.

Lecland07

Is it though?

100m and Pep doesnt think he can come on and help them win the game
Guardiola is known to do that, though. He isn't a subbing manager- in the end, the players on the pitch didn't do it. Shouldn't they be the target of criticism?

Abizzz

We make fun of him a lot but this is a nice gesture:

Yesterday we mentioned that England’s Jack Grealish had dedicated his goal celebration to an 11-year-old fan with cerebral palsy who he had met, and promised he would do the wavy-armed dance next time he scored. Finlay Fisher, the boy in question, spoke to the media on Tuesday morning, saying he nearly missed the England match, as he had been in A&E with a leg injury, but he got home 10 minutes before kick-off. Of seeing Grealish do the dance, he said: “It feels like a dream come true, I can’t say how happy I am. I’ve still not got over it yet.” Yesterday we mentioned that England’s Jack Grealish had dedicated his goal celebration to an 11-year-old fan with cerebral palsy who he had met, and promised he would do the wavy-armed dance next time he scored. Finlay Fisher, the boy in question, spoke to the media on Tuesday morning, saying he nearly missed the England match, as he had been in A&E with a leg injury, but he got home 10 minutes before kick-off. Of seeing Grealish do the dance, he said: “It feels like a dream come true, I can’t say how happy I am. I’ve still not got over it yet.”
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ill-spain-and-germany-hit-heights-on-day-four

Lecland07

I don't really get why people dislike him, to be honest. He comes across as alright.

Threesus

This guy thinks the game is won by drawing fouls. Had an opportunity to put rashford 1 on 1 in transition and instead turns back and draws a fouls near the halfway line. Southgate should have got Maddison or foden on instead of great value almiron.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
This guy thinks the game is won by drawing fouls. Had an opportunity to put rashford 1 on 1 in transition and instead turns back and draws a fouls near the halfway line. Southgate should have got Maddison or foden on instead of great value almiron.
Yes, he does manage to draw fouls, but the USA were scared to death of him when he came on. Normally he spots those little openings, but we just seemed off the pace most of the game.

Abraxas

Not sure why criticism would be levelled at him when the moment he came on we started to look better. He probably did more in 10 minutes than many of our forwards managed in the rest of the game, even if it didn't come to anything.

I think he is best used off the bench, but should come on a bit earlier, like a lot of Southgate's decisions...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Absolute rubbish today. Still better than Mount and Kane and probably Sterling too.

dal

I actually think Grealish looked the best player on the park when he came on.

—————Grealish—————-
Rashford——-Foden——Sterling

Have a feeling we line up like that against Wales. I think Kane looks really really leggy, even in the first game,

Rashford and Grealish taking turns in coming centrally. Worth a try out. Mount is really a nothing player, just a really really good technical nothing player.

KeanoMagicHat

England need to play Grealish and Foden more. Sterling is in shite form and Mount is pretty average.

The Rashford one was so frustrating. I imagine Pep drills it into him to be the one along with B. Silva that is the out ball to always maintains possession. Makes him a bit blunt.

Pickle85

He's so frustrating to watch. Seems whenever he receives the ball he needs to spend at least two seconds standing almost still and squaring up the nearest oppo player to him.

Zen86

I really don’t see what he brings. Fannies around with the ball and falls over. The quintessential one trick pony.