Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanky panky

Just a guess but i think we can forget Grealish after Van de beek deal. Sancho still possible, maybe even more likely because we found cheaper alternative for Grealish. 120+40M still realistic transfer budget. Especially if get something from sales also. Maybe Smalling 20M or something.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I actually feel sorry for Grealish. Reports suggested he was desperate to sign for Utd.

Unfortunately he's the victim of being english. He's been priced out of a dream move just because of "british tax". A lot of english players will have the same problem in the future too. In Maguires case we were happy to pay the british tax due to lack of alternatives, especially once De Ligt went to Juve.
Its not a tax. You cant blame Villa. If everyone thinks that they will get relegated, selling their best player will certainly ensure that happens. Asking for £80M for Jack when getting relegated will cost them £110M.
Seems reasonable for Villa... though not for us.

Chief123

Its not a tax. You cant blame Villa. If everyone thinks that they will get relegated, selling their best player will certainly ensure that happens. Asking for £80M for Jack when getting relegated will cost them £110M.
Seems reasonable for Villa... though not for us.
I have to disagree.

If Grealish was going to a team abroad, his price would absolutely not be anywhere near £80m. He is not worth that even in this market. Even if he was going to another premier league team other than Utd, he would be at least £20m cheaper. Just because he's british and its Utd that are interested, the asking price gets pumped up.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I have to disagree.

If Grealish was going to a team abroad, his price would absolutely not be anywhere near £80m. He is not worth that even in this market. Even if he was going to another premier league team other than Utd, he would be at least £20m cheaper. Just because he's british and its Utd that are interested, the asking price gets pumped up.
Of course, he isn't worth £80M.

But he is to Villa. He is their best player and selling him will almost ensure they get relegated, in their eyes. They need to be compensated for that risk.

Chief123

Of course, he isn't worth £80M but he is to Villa. He is their best player and selling him will almost ensure they get relegated, in their eyes. They need to be compensated for that risk.
What’s ironic is Grealish effectively priced himself out of a move this summer. His goal in the last game which kept Villa in the premier league pushed his price beyond limits.

I wonder if he regrets scoring it now Hehe

croadyman

Still reckon we would be interested if we can sell Pereira & Lingard/Mata,however he has to push for Villa's valuation to be lowered which looks highly unlikely

treble_winner

I actually feel sorry for Grealish. Reports suggested he was desperate to sign for Utd.

Unfortunately he's the victim of being english. He's been priced out of a dream move just because of "british tax". A lot of english players will have the same problem in the future too. In Maguires case we were happy to pay the british tax due to lack of alternatives, especially once De Ligt went to Juve.
I don't feel sorry for him at all. He didn't strike hard, he didn't skip practice to apply pressure on Villa. He even played out of his skin to keep Villa safe in the relegation battle. Everything he did helped Villa stick a high price tag on him. He was supposedly desperate to join Manchester United, yet all he did made us have to pay a fortune to get him. He can stay and retire in Villa for all I care.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Well no he’s not a victim of anything. Part of our hesitation to go big on him is surely down to him being an arsehole. Talented yes, but an arsehole nonetheless.

Why splash £50m+ on someone doing stupid things that may be a distraction when you could spend £35m on a hardworking professional?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There are too many Grealish fan boys in here. A player with limited passing ability to be called midfielder, amazing dribbler though but hold the ball far too long before he releases it.

dal

Take a sec and compare him to what we got, like Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood. Where would he fit in? Yes, we have to rotate, but it's crazy to spend 60-80 mill at player who's not an instant imporval to the team. Spend half and get Tonali..
To counter this argument, I think it’s relevant to say in Martial, Rashford and Greenwood we have a strike trio worth £100 million each. Why get sancho if he is to displace one of these three?

The obvious answer being you need first team quality to compete on all fronts and that’s what we should be doing.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
They've got Ali in the #10 position, got Son on the LW. They won't go no where near him unless his price drops down to £40m.
Still don’t see him at Villa come seasons end and with Levy I don’t see Villa demanding silly money.

yan man utd

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He didn't strike hard, he didn't skip practice to apply pressure on Villa. He even played out of his skin to keep Villa safe in the relegation battle. Everything he did helped Villa stick a high price tag on him. He was supposedly desperate to join Manchester United, yet all he did made us have to pay a fortune to get him. He can stay and retire in Villa for all I care.
Dry sense of humour! Like your style :)

GoldanoGraham

He’s definitely not joining us this year, he’s been priced out of the market - AV will take a Dortmund stand and say it’s this price or No - they don’t need to sell and without him they have no chance of staying up.

he will only be sensibly priced once they are relegated - so expect him to move next summer

VDB at half the price is much better value

A9X SJ

I'd happily still pursue Grealish think he would thrive in a United Shirt & still get plenty of game time with the arrival of VDB

Gutted if he ends up at another top 6 club

padzilla

Hipster
It used to be the case players in his situation would slap in a transfer request. It doesn't happen so much anymore.

Moiraine

Dodged a Bullet to be honest. Not better than VDB and doubly expensive. Lethargic at times and not willing to track back.

I am really happy that this one is dead, hope Spurs sign him at 80£

Beaucoup

Dodged a Bullet to be honest. Not better than VDB and doubly expensive. Lethargic at times and not willing to track back.

I am really happy that this one is dead, hope Spurs sign him at 80£
Complete nonsense

Sb_16

We'll still be after him. Donny gives depth in midfield. Grealish along with Sancho completes our attack.

His price is high, but it'll come down at around 50 million, no doubt.

Riz

We'll still be after him. Donny gives depth in midfield. Grealish along with Sancho completes our attack.

His price is high, but it'll come down at around 50 million, no doubt.
Only if the Sancho deal collapses (may have already).

Even if Villa did lower their demands to £50m (which I doubt - they’ll likely want £60m+ as a minimum) we won’t be spending £200m this window even with sales.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I see this as a possible potential 40m deadline day move. Not sure we’d have the cash for it though.
Villa should take people like Lingard and cash and a loanee or two which would work for both parties.

It'd give them an immediate replacement, strength in depth from promising youngsters and money to look at players in other leagues or the Championship.

The reality is Lingard is above Villa level, he can win scrappy games for them.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Knowing many Villa fans they would think they are above Lingard. Many of the still live off the 82 Euro cup win, and 2nd place which they “should have won” in 92/93 was it?

Another thing is Greasy was only pushed wide as he was being doubled up on in a crap team. He’s better centrally, and would thrive with better players around him.

What do you guys think about his refusal to wear adult shin pads? He wears kids shin pads & refuses to pull his socks up.

He also has his shorts made ‘tight’ fit.

He’s a bit of a tit actually

Superunknown

Sancho to Grealish would be a huge huge letdown.
I still think he'd do a very good job for us. It just doesn't have the same impact I guess as Sancho's status is higher at the moment, but it wouldn't be a bad transfer by any means. It's not going from Ronaldo to Valencia, for example.

croadyman

I still think he'd do a very good job for us. It just doesn't have the same impact I guess as Sancho's status is higher at the moment, but it wouldn't be a bad transfer by any means. It's not going from Ronaldo to Valencia, for example.
Yeah this is my thoughts exactly as well but remember that he hasn't played on the RW since his days at Notts County

future2future

Yeah because that's the classy way to do it. Turn your back on your childhood club and leaving them out to dry in a regelation battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.