Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
15:20
United no longer favourites to sign Grealish in January
United have been heavily linked with Jack Grealish but now Leicester are favourites to sign him.
Grealish next club odds (Sky Bet)
Leicester - 5/1
United - 6/1
Liverpool - 8/1
Chelsea - 10/1
Tottenham - 10/1
Man City - 12/1
Jack Grealish of Aston Villa.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
15:20
United no longer favourites to sign Grealish in January
United have been heavily linked with Jack Grealish but now Leicester are favourites to sign him.
Grealish next club odds (Sky Bet)
Leicester - 5/1
United - 6/1
Liverpool - 8/1
Chelsea - 10/1
Tottenham - 10/1
Man City - 12/1
Jack Grealish of Aston Villa.
Doesn't make a lot of sense, no way can you have Maddison and Grealish in the same midfield - too similar. So, erm, what odds Maddison leavin then?

sherrinford

Doesn't make a lot of sense, no way can you have Maddison and Grealish in the same midfield - too similar. So, erm, what odds Maddison leavin then?
Grealish off the left wing and Maddison in centre midfield.

You could just about get away with the two of them in the same midfield too, they are not identical players.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa

Morpheus 7

Realistically what's he costing in January? I think he's what we need but considering where Villa are/January our clear desperation at what cost is going to be accepted.

dev1l

Realistically what's he costing in January? I think he's what we need but considering where Villa are/January our clear desperation at what cost is going to be accepted.
What if he doesn't want to move in January?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Been really impressed by him this season, he seems to have knuckled down a bit and focused more on his football.

The only downside is that he plays predominantly from the left and has had his best games there this season. I'm not sure we need another left sided attacker, but if we think he'd suit a more central role then I'd be happy to bring him in.

spiriticon

I'd have him here in a heartbeat if he wants to come. I've not read or heard anything that says he wants to come unfortunately.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I don’t think Grealish needs to be a left sided attacker. I think he’d be great as the spare in a midfield 3, replacing Pogba. He’d need a good player behind him and maybe McTominay on the other side.

I think he‘s as, if not more talented than Maddison.

beingshe7don

It's called having depth in midfield especially if you have ambitions to qualify for the CL season after season.

kps88

The guy stuck with them in the Championship. Very unlikely he'd leave his hometown club in the middle of a relegation battle.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'd have him here in a heartbeat if he wants to come. I've not read or heard anything that says he wants to come unfortunately.
I talked to his mum, who talked to his nan, who talked to his supermarket cashier lady who said he bought red tomatoes the other day...make of that what you will.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The guy stuck with them in the Championship. Very unlikely he'd leave his hometown club in the middle of a relegation battle.
No chance he’s coming in January. After that who knows but I reckon he might stay there one more year minimum if they stay up.

GoldanoGraham

He’s got some fire in his belly for starters - can’t see this one happening yet but if he continues then definitely worth looking at down the line - put him in the middle with enough around him then he’d look good though - just wonder if not being the main man would affect him though - he looks like he likes to get stuck in and plays with passion - and boy do we need some more of that at the moment......

Thiagoal

What worries me about Grealish is that he doesn’t really play in a position that we require! Will we be left with a Juan Mata mark two that needs to be shoehorned into the side in a position which isn’t his best?

We really need a high pressing attacking midfielder that plays centrally- Grealish doesn’t play like that and his best position (the left) we already have three decent options! I think Maddison or Bruno are both better options for our needs!

SweetRightFoot

Lots of criticism in here but I really like him, looks class and has a winning mentality and leadership qualities.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
What worries me about Grealish is that he doesn’t really play in a position that we require! Will we be left with a Juan Mata mark two that needs to be shoehorned into the side in a position which isn’t his best?

We really need a high pressing attacking midfielder that plays centrally- Grealish doesn’t play like that and his best position (the left) we already have three decent options! I think Maddison or Bruno are both better options for our needs!
We are playing Pereira/Lingard in the position he should be playing.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Pass please, he's not good enough to be a world class attacking asset.

I have no idea what world we are in where Fernandes isn't good enough but jack grelish is.
I suspect that if he changed his name to Grealishio, you would be more enthusiastic. This Fernandes, proven in the Premier League is he? Ive never heard of him, but plenty of exotic sounding foreign players have come and bombed. If I was a Man Utd fan, I would be willing the Grealish move to happen.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Lots of criticism in here but I really like him, looks class and has a winning mentality and leadership qualities.
Seems to be a strong and determined character....rare commodities at OT these days.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
How is Bruno Fernandez better?

Ranchero

I like him. He is young, hungry, creative and talented. Lingard doesn't work as a number 10 and Grealish can fill that role. Right now he looks better than Maddison who will be overpriced and is right now not as consistent with his end product.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We should give Villa Lingard plus 20m.
If this was fifa, then yes - But realistically, there is absolutely no chance villa are taking on Lingard's wages.

I do think we should go all out for Grealish though - His work rate is fantastic. I'd rather us sign him than Maddison to be honest (I wouldn't complain at either!)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He reminds me of Robert Pires. He's taken the weight of his club on his shoulders and doesn't wilt, a good character.

Dong Fangzhuo

Would absolutely love him and his punchable cnut face here. Can't see it happening in January though, unless he has some sort of release clause in his contract.

Rocknrolla69er

Pass please, he's not good enough to be a world class attacking asset.

I have no idea what world we are in where Fernandes isn't good enough but jack grelish is.
Maybe because the stats hes posting in the premiership are as good as anyones, and Fernandes ismt prem proven

Eric's Seagull

If this was fifa, then yes - But realistically, there is absolutely no chance villa are taking on Lingard's wages.

I do think we should go all out for Grealish though - His work rate is fantastic. I'd rather us sign him than Maddison to be honest (I wouldn't complain at either!)
That's a problem with Lingard. Not many teams are going to be stupid enough to pay him £100,00 a week.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
We should give Villa Lingard plus 20m.
You think they would take it? I recall people in the Caff, saying that you should give us “Jones or Rojo”, plus some crumbs for Maguire. Villa dont need the money. They need Grealish. If you want him, you’ll have to pay what they ask, again!

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Would absolutely love him and his punchable cnut face here. Can't see it happening in January though, unless he has some sort of release clause in his contract.
Grealish loves Villa, he’s proven it. He wouldnt leave them in the shilo. Youre just not the draw you were , these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.