Position: Midfielder - Attacking Midfield
Foot: Right
Player agent: Stellar Football Ltd
Current club: Aston Villa
Contract expires: 30.06.2023
Date of last contract extension: Sep 24, 2018​

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
No sauce is better than those sources. I’d be all over him, even with only doing an early deal for the summer.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This guy alone would be a massive improvement to our team and boost our chance for top 4 this season if we sign him in January. Play in a position that we need an upgrade and offer creativity which what we are lacking at the moment. The longer we wait, the more expensive he will become because the guy will keep producing goals & assists for Aston Villa.

marktan

He'd be great buy but I don't see why Villa sell for under £80m, he's home grown, is their captain and is basically carrying their survival hopes all on his own. If they sell in Jan they're getting relegated.

Eric's Seagull

He'd be great buy but I don't see why Villa sell for under £80m, he's home grown, is their captain and is basically carrying their survival hopes all on his own. If they sell in Jan they're getting relegated.
Maybe they get relegated and we get him for less in the summer but we need players now.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Release clause of 45M keeps being quoted (I have not been arsed to verify it) in which case we should be all over it like a tramp on chips

Eric's Seagull

Release clause of 45M keeps being quoted (I have not been arsed to verify it) in which case we should be all over it like a tramp on chips
Not sure if he has release clause I've just read one thing says it's £45m and another that says £60m. Although both could be a load of crap.

beingshe7don

Rather see Grealish than Lingard. Come on... the guy hasn't done anything for over a year and is in line for an extension. Plenty of people have problems their personal lives and are able to manage their career as well. I've no empathy for Lingard whose earning massive wages to jog around in front of 70,000 fans.

croadyman

Maybe they get relegated and we get him for less in the summer but we need players now.
Make no mistake that is exactly what our pathetic excuse for a board will be planning to do but of course there is no plan if Villa end up staying in the premier league. Why not just put the money up now because without Pogba we officially have zero creativity in midfield

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He will be a nice and much needed addition. Precisely the reason this won't happen.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Would be exactly what we need. Hes amazing at holding up play and we badly need more quality in midfield. I think i read somewhere that hes the "most fouled" player in the league
That's the bit that has me slightly worried about him. He sometimes holds on to the ball for too long and that style of play can bring more injuries as well.

But he is a quality player and would slot nicely into number 10 for us right now. I would do whatever it took to get him here in January.
We have a chance at top 4 if we get some creativity in. That has to be an urgent aim for the club

James Ward

If we got him for 45 million then yea but really think there other priorities. Stick Fred in a number 10 role and sign two proper center midfielders.

beingshe7don

If we got him for 45 million then yea but really think there other priorities. Stick Fred in a number 10 role and sign two proper center midfielders.
You can't just stick midfielders in at No. 10 and expect them to perform especially Fred. The No.10 role is very unique as it's the playmaking role, ability to pass between the lines, ensure link up play with the forwards as well as score goals from outside the box and so on. Fred's finishing is one of the poorest in our team. I don't see him fitting into that role. Fred is better being a box to box midfielder. We do need two midfielders, one whose a No. 10 and the other could be another box to box midfielder, destroyer or a deep lying playmaker. Grealish could do a decent job but I really think we need players who transition quickly like Martial, Rashford and James. For that I recommend, Soumare (whose a terrific box to box midfielder). For the No. 10 role, Maddison would be good but if we could get Olmo for a cut price like for instance both players for 90 odd million, we could be in better shape. Loss of Pogba and McTominay is a huge huge loss.

Mani

Wish to have him here, would be great buy but I doubt it happens in January, lets wait for Villa to get relegated but by time its summer his stakes would be high.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Villa won't sell him in January. They'd be confirming relegation if they do. The rumoured release clause already been denied by their manager.

Definitely one for the summer and we should be all over it. He's got real class.

Think I'd go for Bruno Fernandes now in January. Correct the mistake from the summer. He's playing in Portugal so he's definitely attainable. Go get him and let Pogba leave.

Try and get a CDM too. Emre Can or the lad from Lille, Soumare, have been linked.

If we don't buy this window we are seriously fecked and won't be winning anything not even the Europa. No CL football is going to cost us £90m.

Eric's Seagull

Make no mistake that is exactly what our pathetic excuse for a board will be planning to do but of course there is no plan if Villa end up staying in the premier league. Why not just put the money up now because without Pogba we officially have zero creativity in midfield
I have a feeling that you are right. I would rather try now although I think Villa wouldn't sell at this particular point. Then we can have him for half a season and get us better chance of getting into Champions League. By the summer he may play so well that someone gets him before us.

Another concern I have is if we try to sign him in the summer Woodward will try to offer below that Villa want and the negotiations will take until the end of the window and if we do end up signing him he will miss pre-season.

Eric's Seagull

I would like us to pay it whichever one it is. We are severely missing quality in the attacking midfield role and leadership as a whole and this guy has it.
I totally agree with you on this. I hope that Woodward pays what is needed and I hope he doesn't try offering less than he is worth and they tell us to feck off.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I totally agree with you on this. I hope that Woodward pays what is needed and I hope he doesn't try offering less than he is worth and they tell us to feck off.
Can’t see him leaving them or they allowing him to leave. They are still in trouble and Losing their best player would signal a demise

Judas

Open to offers
Villa have been very loyal to him, I'd be surprised if he left them in their current state in the middle of the season. I'd say if we were interested, we'd need to get him now, because in the summer who knows what sort of state we'll be in, and they'll be better suitors too I would guess.

Jeffthered

Forget this season. We should be nudging him right now, should of been for a while. A unique player.. young, strong, a leader with real personality.. a ball player (he likes the ball and sets tempo..) and he wouldn't take any of this bling-bling sh*te from certain players at United.

If, if we make top four and if, if Villa may go down , then we buy him and ask him whether he wants to become England's best all-round player, and one of the best in Europe, because at United, that is exactly what he could show the world.

I would love him at the club.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Villa have been very loyal to him, I'd be surprised if he left them in their current state in the middle of the season. I'd say if we were interested, we'd need to get him now, because in the summer who knows what sort of state we'll be in, and they'll be better suitors too I would guess.
Yeah, very loyal lad that Jack Grealish :angel:.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
:lol: mate it's slightly different though
Haha I know, just taking the mick!

He has a very annoying haircut as well, doesn't he? Kind of Jedwardesque. I don't think I can imagine someone with that haircut winning any major trophies.

He's the most realistic good signing we can make right now though, I guess.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
There is no way Villa will commit possible Premiership suicide and sell Grealish in this transfer window.

Raven

There is no way Villa will commit possible Premiership suicide and sell Grealish in this transfer window.
Agreed and I very much doubt Grealish would abandon them at this stage of the season either but we should absolutely be doing everything we can change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.