Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slysi17

Grealish has the intelligence and skillset to play anywhere across the frontline and midfield.

Given that we already have Rashford/Martial/Greenwood - that they need supporting rather than replacing - Grealish would be a far more astute signing than Sancho in allowing us to spread the leftover budget across other gaps in the squad.
Again Jack Grealish is not a right winger. He has never played right wing. He is an attacking mid.

Chairman Steve

Isnt Grealish dead in the water now? (to coin a muppet phrase)

He’s not a right winger and DVDB has now joined, therefore whats the point on spunking north of £50m on him?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Again Jack Grealish is not a right winger. He has never played right wing. He is an attacking mid.
You mean we don’t count his 7 games at Notts County 6/7 years ago? :eek:

It a ridiculous notion to force a player into a position they are not proven or suited to.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's one of those cliches that someone can play "all across" a line.
You see it for both attack and defence.

In reality, the player either never plays one of the positions or would be pretty darn average there,

Any idea of paying huge wad for Grealish and then shoehorning him into right wing would show we haven't learnt another lesson of recent years.
We are definitely learning on things like not pursuing late 20/30s superstars, so i'm sure we won't try and shoehorn Grealish in, irrespective of the Sancho end result.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's one of those cliches that someone can play "all across" a line.
You see it for both attack and defence.

In reality, the player either never plays one of the positions or would be pretty darn average there,

Any idea of paying huge wad for Grealish and then shoehorning him into right wing would show we haven't learnt another lesson of recent years.
We are definitely learning on things like not pursuing late 20/30s superstars, so i'm sure we won't try and shoehorn Grealish in, irrespective of the Sancho end result.
As someone who currently plays across the back 4, this stung.

432JuanMata

He has stood out at Villa this season I’ll give it that but I just don’t get the hype I don’t think he is that great at all am I missing something ? He has a great on field attitude though.

croadyman

I didn't realise he was going to be 25 this week, they way the media talk about him, I always thought he was nearer 22 this week. Seems to be suffering from Lingard syndrome.
Yeah you sometimes forget he first came on the scene in the 14/15 season

poleglass red

I didn't realise he was going to be 25 this week, they way the media talk about him, I always thought he was nearer 22 this week. Seems to be suffering from Lingard syndrome.
3 seasons in the championship. we tend to take our eyes of players once their clubs get relegated.

croadyman

I wouldn't be averse to signing him on the RW if he had actually played there in the last six years but he hasn't

marktan

Not nearly the same, Lingards 28 this year and only started playing for us regularly when he was around 23.

Graelish has been playing regularly for Villa ever since that season they got relegated yonks ago, since he was around 18.

TheLord

I wrote nearly a month back that we will probably end up paying an insane fee for Grealish sometime in October after a few rounds of matches.

TheLord

Remember that time we sold Jaap Stam
At least 17m, 18m, or whatever the final fee was - it was was huge money 20 years ago.
This window has been disappointing in all aspects.

P.S. I had completely forgotten about the drug drama in Italy !

yamo123x

Just watched the game yesterday.jack grealish was unbelievably good, by far the best player on the pitch, if we dont move for him.and he ends up at city or spurs, we.will regret it

He would be a great signing for us, can carry the ball forward and commit players something we lack when teams sit back... or we can stick with dan james or mata for the season and

Last edited:

SER19

I see villa are close to signing Bertrand traore for 19m. Closing on arsenal keeper for 20 on top of Watkins and Cash for a combined 49m. Sounds like a lot of money in covid world if there's no outgoing. I'm just speculating but you would imagine they have to offset those fees with something

Slysi17

Just watched the game yesterday.jack grealish was unbelievably good, by far the best player on the pitch, if we dont move for him.and he ends up at city or spurs, we.will regret it

He would be a great signing for us, can carry the ball forward and commit players something we lack when teams sit back... or we can stick with dan james or mata for the season and
Jack Grealish ain't coming to Manchester United. End of. Donny Van De Beek plays in the same position. People need to realize Grealish isn't coming to Manchester United and move on. Time to support Van De Beek who is the player we bought.

Suvvernmanc

Haven't we tried Rashford and Martial on rhe right a number of times and learned it has not worked.
Under Jose wasnt it? Its shouldn't be that different, as opposed to the left, for Rashford who should be good enough to play on the right. We are very short on numbers in attack and i would be happy with Grealish this summer and Sancho next.

red4ever 79

Haven't we tried Rashford and Martial on rhe right a number of times and learned it has not worked.
Yes we have. Rashford is better cutting in from the left, and we have all seen the improvement in Martial playing down the center. Instead of all this round pegs in square holes nonsense, why dont we just buy a RW. Over to you Ed

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rashford has had some good games on the right, but overall he's certainly better on the left. If we were to go that way I would expect Grealish to be the one to move over to the right. Highly unlikely though, now that we've signed VDB and Villa want too much for Grealish.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

I doubt many people question his ability. The problem is the completely unrealistic price tag. He hasn't achieved a fraction of what VDB has in his career so far and yet Villa want double the price. Nobody will pay that

Stretender

Why can't United negotiate 45 million plus add ons and give them some of our deadwood for Grealish? We really are bad at transfers. Chelsea got Chilwell for 45 million from supposedly 80 million demanded by Leicester. Am sure the price Villa would demand for Grealish can be lowered down with a cash plus player approach.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I seriously would want him at 50M IF we can't get Sancho done and perhaps push Rashford to the right for a season
Grealish game is much more suited to the right then Rashford. His game is about dribbling and going either way... plus with Villa a lot of the time he has a free role and can pop up anywhere (including the right).

Also when he came on for England he came on on the right hand side and looked better then any of our other attackers had done previous to it (not that that was hard to do mind you).

So yeah, I think Grealish would be perfectly fine on the right - though granted I can see why people wouldn't want to take a risk on a player who doesn't play there.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I seriously would want him at 50M IF we can't get Sancho done and perhaps push Rashford to the right for a season
Or just play Greenwood there, who's been absolutely fine on the right.

SATA

No doubt about it he's great but he is 18 years old. He should not be counted on to play 50-60 games next season. If he's not playing, it's either Mata, Andreas and Jesse. Not something you would want to see

Yagami

Good post resistant

I only watched the 2nd half and he ran rings around our entire team. Pretty gutted we went with Donny over him.

lsd

The Oracle
If we can get him we should do everything we can to get the deal completed and quick . Sancho has been dead in the water for monthes . Grealish is an upgrade on what we have its a no brainer

SATA

If we can get him we should do everything we can to get the deal completed and quick . Sancho has been dead in the water for monthes . Grealish is an upgrade on what we have its a no brainer
It’s Bale that is looking the more likely mate

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It's already going to be a 58 game season in a shorter time frame than would be normal.

It could be 65 plus...why are people expecting Greenwood to play 90 percent of that?

It's fecking insane.

What if he is shattered? Injured? Out of form? Yay! It's Lingard, Pereira and Mata??? 3 players who aren't actually right sided attackers as their 'best' position?

Daniel James?

Christ almighty.

flappyjay

Pre Vdb I would be all in for Grealish but now we need someone with an actual track record of playing rw. If we get this guy we will still need to shoehorn someone at RW when Greenwood is resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.