Jack Grealish v James Maddison

Who is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BarstoolProphet

Both fantastic but based on this season I’d have to say Grealish because he’s always in the game. Maddison was heavily involved tonight but there’s games he disappears. That never happens with Grealish, he’s everywhere, he has that Rooney street player vibe about him too. I also enjoy his low socks and leg muscle definition.
You enjoy it :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Absolutely astounded by the poll results. Maybe I haven’t seen enough of Grealish this year, but I’d have Maddison as the far better player.

Always felt like a Gerrard be Scholes comparison to me (not on a talent level) One ball carrying Roy of the rovers type, versus a technical ball-playing creative player.

Will try and take in some Villa games.

Renegade

Don't really rate either if Im honest. I think both will end up being Rodwell or Schneiderlin level players.
You reckon they’ll be in and out of team in the championship? That’s a bit harsh. Rodwell never reached a level of performance both players are currently showing. Bizzare comparison.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Absolutely astounded by the poll results. Maybe I haven’t seen enough of Grealish this year, but I’d have Maddison as the far better player.

Always felt like a Gerrard be Scholes comparison to me (not on a talent level) One ball carrying Roy of the rovers type, versus a technical ball-playing creative player.

Watch grealish performance yesterday. His passing was fantastic. There were 2 passes in the space of about 10 mins that were fantastic.
A weaker foot cross from the left that soyuncu did brilliantly to clear under pressure.
Then an incredible pass outside the box that cut through the heart of the defence and the striker just missed the ball.
And that was only about 10 mins of the match like i said not even counting his dribbles take ons the assist etc.

Aint gota Kalou

Grealish is class and the better player for me. Everyone saying he's a pure CM are nuts though, he's played his best football from the left. He has also played as a LCM in a 4-3-3 ala Pogba at Juve.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I'm probably the opposite, I think I under rated Grealish, thinking he was just a pansy lightweight pretty boy who is supremely overated.

But watching a few games, he's Villa's massively stand out player, and pretty much their only hope of staying up.
Outscoring Maddison, who is in a more attacking, much better outfit too.

I probably haven't watched Maddison enough.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I'm probably the opposite, I think I under rated Grealish, thinking he was just a pansy lightweight pretty boy who is supremely overated.

But watching a few games, he's Villa's massively stand out player, and pretty much their only hope of staying up.
Outscoring Maddison, who is in a more attacking, much better outfit too.

I probably haven't watched Maddison enough.
Will be interesting to see how England build a team in the next few years.

Grealish, Maddison, Kane, Rashford, Sterling.

Plenty of goals in those 5. If we had a top level coach we’d challenge the best sides.

passing-wind

Grealish would do better here than Maddison because he has a footballing brain to play in deeper roles and the intelligence to be useful behind the midfield. When you consider that Solskjaer is unable to get anything useful out of the No10's at this club its quite telling to his tactical impetus and methodologies to bring the best out of that position.

So on that basis I'll go with Grealish. I did think he was overrated but after assessing his performances he's easily a top 6/4 level player.

fps

Grealish would do better here than Maddison because he has a footballing brain to play in deeper roles and the intelligence to be useful behind the midfield. When you consider that Solskjaer is unable to get anything useful out of the No10's at this club its quite telling to his tactical impetus and methodologies to bring the best out of that position.

So on that basis I'll go with Grealish. I did think he was overrated but after assessing his performances he's easily a top 6/4 level player.
Middle paragraph is a load of rubbish. Those number ten options are awful and you know it.

Lost bear

Middle paragraph is a load of rubbish. Those number ten options are awful and you know it.
I couldn’t find a middle paragraph out of the two above.
Nonetheless, I would go for Grealish myself. I think he's an excellent player and have a sort of intuition that he would be just what Utd need right now.

Canadianred17

How have you come to this conclusion that non English fans do not rate them?
I should have said Prem fans instead of British. Been a massive United fan my whole life, but I prefer watching La Liga and part of a few of their communities. I've just noticed that the highly-rated British players are overrated by Prem fans. Jack Grealish's technique would be deemed average in La Liga where there are technical players galore. I think United should aim higher. I can go through a long list of British players that were hyped up and ended flopping. Long list btw.

simplyared

I'll go against the grain and take Maddison. Still not totally convinced about Grealish. Don't know why but I see a bit of a Jonjo Shelvey in him. Maybe wrong though. If utd had to choose between the 2 I reckon the safest bet would be Maddison.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Will be interesting to see how England build a team in the next few years.

Grealish, Maddison, Kane, Rashford, Sterling.

Plenty of goals in those 5. If we had a top level coach we’d challenge the best sides.
It's this generations Lampard v Gerrard.
At least these days playing 3 in midfield is the norm, so we could easily fit both into one midfield.

Kane, Rashford and Sterling the front 3.

Just need someone to step up as the defensive mid.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I've got to say I really haven't watched a lot of Grealish, even though I know theres been hype about him for years. Whenever I have seen him I'm still not getting the hype though, I don't really see how he's a superior player to Maddison at this point in the time. Can we definitely rule out that his rating is not being pushed up by hipster bonus points?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Do we still go after Maddison in the summer?
Reckon we’ll be priced out, especially considering the alternatives and the addition of Bruno. Unless the player kicks up a stink like feck to force the move

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I've got to say I really haven't watched a lot of Grealish, even though I know theres been hype about him for years. Whenever I have seen him I'm still not getting the hype though, I don't really see how he's a superior player to Maddison at this point in the time. Can we definitely rule out that his rating is not being pushed up by hipster bonus points?
He’s been excellent (Grealish). Especially considering he’s the obvious main man for villa, so gets plenty of attention from opposition.....the fact he’s able to influence games and get the goals and assists he does is testament to his ability to find space and use it

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Grealish, if relegated, should be cheaper
Bingo. He’s done all he can for Villa, definitely deserves a bigger stage. I’m a big fan admittedly, but I do wonder if Maddison would have the mentality to carry this villa side like Grealish has

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He’s been excellent (Grealish). Especially considering he’s the obvious main man for villa, so gets plenty of attention from opposition.....the fact he’s able to influence games and get the goals and assists he does is testament to his ability to find space and use it
I'll have to watch a few more Villa games. I thought it was hype about Maddison too til I watched some Leicester games and saw how quality he is.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'll have to watch a few more Villa games. I thought it was hype about Maddison too til I watched some Leicester games and saw how quality he is.
I’m a fan of Maddison no doubt. I was at Hull City when they beat Norwich 4-3 in the championship a few seasons ago and Maddison scored a hat-trick....you could tell he was a class above. I just think Grealish offers more all round, plus it seems to be accepted that he’d be the cheaper and more easily attainable option

laughtersassassin

Grealish is better for me. Would also cost about about 60 mil maybe when Maddison would likely cost more than Maguire.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Grealish is talented. No doubt. But two issues I can see.
He is very right footed.
He spends far too much falling over.

Maddison is equally talented but not playing too well at the moment.

Which would benefit United - Maddison for me because he has fewer limitations.

laughtersassassin

Grealish is talented. No doubt. But two issues I can see.
He is very right footed.
He spends far too much falling over.

Maddison is equally talented but not playing too well at the moment.

Which would benefit United - Maddison for me because he has fewer limitations.
Translation, Grealish gets fouled a lot due to his ability to quickly beat a man.

I think they are both good but Grealish better for me.

Also guaranteed to be a lot cheaper. That said unless Pogba goes we won't go for either imo.

Xaviboy

Grealish is the one to sign. We have Bruno Fernandes for the passing and creativity. Grealish is the one to create chances by going past players.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Translation, Grealish gets fouled a lot due to his ability to quickly beat a man.

I think they are both good but Grealish better for me.

Also guaranteed to be a lot cheaper. That said unless Pogba goes we won't go for either imo.
So who would you prefer. Pogba or Grealish.

izec

Maddison plays in a far better side anyway and can only play centrally. Grealish is more versatile and unique, Maddison has some qualities and characteristics we have in Fernandes already. Plus Grealish should be cheaper as well, while Leicester may end up in the CL. I think it is pretty clear that Grealish fits the bill for us

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maddison for me. Proven playmaker for a top team at such a young age. Although I'd take Fernandes over these two. He has more X factor which is needed for a top player.
Called this before we get Bruno. I'm wondering if people still insist otherwise?

laughtersassassin

So who would you prefer. Pogba or Grealish.
Pogba is better and I think would suit Bruno more but who knows.

My must have this summer is Sancho.

If Pogba goes my must have summer is both Sancho and Grealish. Hell even with Pogba I'd say Grealish is potentially too good a deal to pass up but would be hard to justify having them all when we have other weaker areas.

You could certainly fit them all though imo. Not every game of course.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I dont want any of them. But Grealish is the better/more allround player for me and seems to be a great Leader.

I cannot see us go for both Sancho and Grealish, especially if we keep Pogba and have Bruno aswell. With Matic already signing a new deal, Fred, McTomminay. I’d say we pretty full in Midfield.

But RW is a must and if we could get Sancho then yes please!

laughtersassassin

I dont want any of them. But Grealish is the better/more allround player for me and seems to be a great Leader.

I cannot see us go for both Sancho and Grealish, especially if we keep Pogba and have Bruno aswell. With Matic already signing a new deal, Fred, McTomminay. I’d say we pretty full in Midfield.

But RW is a must and if we could get Sancho then yes please!
Well if Pogba goes we need a second midfielder who can create.

Sancho is needed regardless.

But we can't have this attitude again of one creative player. If we just transfer that from Pogba to Bruno and don't build on top of it we are fecking idiots.

Bruno can and will get marked out of games if he stays our only threat.

Now have Grealish Bruno and Sancho or Pogba Bruno and Sancho and good luck stopping them all from creating. It will be a tall order.

They can play together 90% of the games except maybe against Liverpool and City but even then they probably could.

Amarsdd

You can argue Maddison might be more talented, but for United it has to be Grealish. He'll be much easier to get, is more versatile, has that bite about him and is also a leader. I want as many leaders on the pitch as possible.

Obviously, if Pogba stays and commits to the club then we won't be going for any of the two.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think they both have the arrogance, mentality and more importantly, the ability to play for United.

Madison's form has dropped a bit, but he plays in centre midfield, and on the whole, does a good job of it too. Still up there in regards to created chances in the league.

Grealish started as an 8 for Villa, and did well, but I guess Villa lack of end product in the final third made sense to push Grealish higher, which has obviously helped Villa going forward. Think he'd obviously play as a midfielder if he were to come here, though.

At the moment, I would probably edge towards Grealish. There's just something about him I love. I get that Beckham vibe about him. Someone who would come in and own that 7 shirt. Honestly wouldn't grumble if we got Maddison, though. Both very good talents.