Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
You've wanted him for a year now, I remember Spurs making contact last summer. He'd be a great addition to the squad, and you are in a CL final with a brilliant manager who has improved almost every single player he has signed. On top of that, Levy knows his numbers.

I think even if Villa get promoted, Grealish would rather join a CL-regular than fight for relegation. Unless he's extremely loyal to Villa (if he is, I do not know), I think this is a done deal to Spurs.
Well, he is very loyal to Villa by all accounts, so I'd reckon he'll stick with them if they get promoted, but be open to leaving if they don't.

And even if they don't get promoted there's still the question of money. Another Prem club might offer more than Spurs are willing to pay. All in all I'd say it's far from being a done deal for Spurs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
New deal he signed last summer has 60m buyout clause although of course that will get knocked down a fair bit if we don't beat Derby.

From a few sources last summer Spurs could've easily signed him but Levy was really taking the mick with how low the offers actually were, not convinced but was talking to one guy a few months who has had some dealings with Purslow and the claim was deal was just 5m upfront and the rest were just add ons (was about 15m in total).

So barely more upfront than what you signed Ali for from MK Franchise.

devil in me

The sort of player we should be seriously considering IMO. Enough of the overpriced, overpaid big names who don't even want to be here. Grealish might be a bit of a gamble but he is a brilliant player and he could turn into an excellent signing. Creative and better than anything we have currently, bar Pogba. Would love us to take that gamble, you only have to look at Liverpool buying Robertson and how well he has done to see that it doesnt always have to be about the big stars.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The sort of player we should be seriously considering IMO. Enough of the overpriced, overpaid big names who don't even want to be here. Grealish might be a bit of a gamble but he is a brilliant player and he could turn into an excellent signing. Creative and better than anything we have currently, bar Pogba. Would love us to take that gamble, you only have to look at Liverpool buying Robertson and how well he has done to see that it doesnt always have to be about the big stars.
Liverpool got Robbo for 8m which is in this climate is one of the bargains of the last 5 years.

Grealish will go for more than three times that.

dogwithabone

Grealish is undoubtedly a quality player but to me he doesn’t quite take total control of a game, has good five minutes spells and then drifts for a bit - and that’s in the championship.

It’s a hard call with him, he could go and become top drawer or equally a player like a load of others who will have a very good career but always be short of top six quality.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think he is a very talented lad but makes too many bad decisions in every game. Gets great supply of ball from Hourihane in good positions but doesn’t make it tell often enough. Would be very frustrating to watch playing for United week in week out.

simplyared

Certainly not the finished product. There's potential in him. He's got a way to go yet to reach top level. Needs to move on. Spurs would be ideal for him imv.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
If we replace Christian Eriksen with Jack fecking Grealish I'd be fuming.

He'd be good to bring in as extra cm/am depth and cover, but no chance whatsoever you replace one of the best players at the club (and one of the best in his position worldwide imo) with a championship player.
I really like him and I wouldn't be too happy if we bought him in as Eriksen's replacement either although seeing as there's not many Eriksen's around on the market I can see Poch wanting him to come in to play a similar role. Reckon he could play in our team though and I think he would flourish under Poch.

What I like his mentality, I know it's hard to quantify but I was impressed how he didn't let his head drop when the move to Spurs failed last summer and the fact that he picked himself up and scored in the Birmingham derby after being laid out, there's a load of other players who would have gone into hiding and felt sorry for themselves, got lots of potential ability wise and because of his dribbling style he always seems to drag defenders out of position which will make space for other players.

cyberman

Lingard is twice the player Jack is and I don't rate Jesse that high

Mainoldo

Was I hearing things or did his CM partners just tell Ole to back off?

I hope we aren’t interested in signing him. But if what I heard was true.. he might be really high on the list.

Deery

Dreary
Don’t understand why Jack gets so underrated looks every bit the premier league player, just as good if not better than Brooks, Maddison and Ward-Prosse for me.

0le

What is this even meant to mean? It would help a great deal if you didn't use obscure abbreviations and gave some context.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Not convinced by him at all.

Was exactly the type of signing Spurs would have made before they were good. All skirt and no knickers.

Oldyella

Not convinced by him at all.

Was exactly the type of signing Spurs would have made before they were good. All skirt and no knickers.
Isn't that a good thing? Love it when my Mrs pulls that move anyway. :nervous:

jackwanson

Supports
Man City
How old is he? I heard he's around the same age as the Ajax players. Yet he looks early 30's or mid 30's and the Ajax players look like 13 year olds.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How old is he? I heard he's around the same age as the Ajax players. Yet he looks early 30's or mid 30's and the Ajax players look like 13 year olds.
I hope you understand that not all Ajax players are from same generation.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Well we can now see just how good he is. Very hard to judge a player in the Championship until he plays in the Prem. I personally feel he has what it takes to make it.

SammyUnited_83

I hope we aren’t interested in signing him. But if what I heard was true.. he might be really high on the list.
Please explain? Not sure what you mean.

Would be top of my list, perfect fit for us going forward.

Mainoldo

What is this even meant to mean? It would help a great deal if you didn't use obscure abbreviations and gave some context.
Sorry I had a bit too many. Basically he was talking to Sky Sports and his Centre midfield partner said something along the lines of we want him to stay and tell Ole to back off. Not verbatim but that’s what it sounded like. Will need to listen to him again.

SammyUnited_83

Sorry I had a bit too many. Basically he was talking to Sky Sports and his Centre midfield partner said something along the lines of we want him to stay and tell Ole to back off. Not verbatim but that’s what it sounded like. Will need to listen to him again.
Must admit didn't hear that.

I'll try and listen back, great call if so mate.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You boys need a McGinn type more than Grealish for your midfield.

Edit: Now we're up I'm very confident he'll give us a year in the premier league.

0le

Ok, I undertsand what you were saying now ;). If you heard that its a great hearing, particulaly if you had one too many!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tidy player but his stats speak for themselves. El Ghazi looked the far bigger threat today.

Hughie77

I've watched himfew times this season, he drifts in and out of games, he's composed on ball, good movement, but there's not enough I think for him to be a UTD player.

Status
Not open for further replies.