Jack Grealish

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
meaning you dont take anything measurable as a base to qualify a player, as I said football is about appreciation and you can think he’s a top 3 player but you will hardly find evidence to support it.

So basically what this means is most people won’t agree with you and you wont be able to hold your argument besides “I really like the way Grealish plays”.
Iniesta only amazed 73 goals and 157 assists in 749 games, playing for one of the greatest team of all time. Using this to "measure" him pointing out as an average attacking midfielder.

Or maybe we can judge a player by actually watching him, to see what he brings to the team? Instead of just "watching" stats.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's got shin splints apparently, and while he did make a return to training last week he apparently got a set back. With the position we are in this year (not in a relegation scrap & outsiders for Europe) I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him out a little while longer
I can’t imagine Grealish gets shin splints, they’ve got to be shin timbers.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He's got shin splints apparently, and while he did make a return to training last week he apparently got a set back. With the position we are in this year (not in a relegation scrap & outsiders for Europe) I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him out a little while longer
Nasty condition and really it is only rest that can do the trick

SAFMUTD

Iniesta only amazed 73 goals and 157 assists in 749 games, playing for one of the greatest team of all time. Using this to "measure" him pointing out as an average attacking midfielder.

Or maybe we can judge a player by actually watching him, to see what he brings to the team? Instead of just "watching" stats.
Really good point and example. Iniesta’s quality was undeniable. Grealish ls not at that level, if discussing about a player we are to demerit stats and talk on bases of eye test then anyone can argue that any random player is the best.

JohnnyLaw

Really good point and example. Iniesta’s quality was undeniable. Grealish ls not at that level, if discussing about a player we are to demerit stats and talk on bases of eye test then anyone can argue that any random player is the best.
For what it’s worth he’s 5th in whoscoreds overall performance ratings in europe. Messi, Lewandowski, Kane and Moreno being the only ones scoring higher.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Having followed Smith's comments about this injury, I wouldn't be surprised if he's out for the season.
At first Smith didn't even mention it, then every game it was "back soon", then he admitted 6 weeks was always the time they thought, and now it's another two weeks...untrustworthy as they come.

Chairman Steve

This is one of those potential tinfoil moments of wondering whether he’s actually injured or not, and whether if it’s something like he’s talking to other clubs about moving soon, handed in a transfer request etc

Remember how Herrera was ‘injured’ two years ago when stories about him going to PSG came out?

SAFMUTD

For what it’s worth he’s 5th in whoscoreds overall performance ratings in europe. Messi, Lewandowski, Kane and Moreno being the only ones scoring higher.
Wow so second best in the EPL, didnt knew he was having such a great season. I dont know how they rate the players but he must be doing something really good on the intangibles of the game because his numbers are not enough to call him a top 5 player. Anyway good enough evidence to call him a top 3 EPL player or at least make a good case for it so take back what I said.

Walters_19_MuFc

This is one of those potential tinfoil moments of wondering whether he’s actually injured or not, and whether if it’s something like he’s talking to other clubs about moving soon, handed in a transfer request etc

Remember how Herrera was ‘injured’ two years ago when stories about him going to PSG came out?
He'd never do that to Villa.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Rice won't help our ability to hold the ball/control games.

Grealish can play anywhere and contribute.

Villa went from top 4 challenging to bottom half form without Grealish. Best player in the league before the injury.

A Fergie signing no doubt about that. feck the position dilemma, a player this good belongs at United.

cyberman

Im shocked ITV didnt give him a pen at the end of his testimonial tonight.
imagine pretending that Jack keeps the ball moving and quickens the play. He is world class at exactly the opposite of that. Dixon needs a lay down

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
imagine pretending that Jack keeps the ball moving and quickens the play. He is world class at exactly the opposite of that. Dixon needs a lay down
Tbf the tactic when he came on was pass it to him, everyone else just sit and watch as he tries to do it on his own. He should be starting but needs more time to make a difference anyway.

GledTheRed

That was a mental assessment.

Embarrassing.

RooneyLegend

The decision not to play him will eventually cost Southgate his job. You don't leave your best player on the bench, it's absolute foolishness.

Zhagzi

Grealish has been absolute class since the 17/18 season. He really matured that year and became a very consistent class act. It was obvious he was - eventually - going to take the PL by storm.

And, I'm sorry, but there's too much emphasis on Bruno's stats. So many of his goals are pens, and so many of his assists are relatively simple. Sure, he's capable of class moments, but, as a whole, he isn't in Grealish's league.
This is by miles one of the most ignorant posts in a long while. How you feeling with that last statement after today? *sigh*

Zhagzi

He is much better than both Rashford and Bruno. Replace Rashford with him on the left, and our left would become so much better. If Rashford can't do the business on the right, upfront, or in another position, then there's the bench.
Yes, he's definitely outclassing Bruno