Jack Grealish

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd have him if not for then haircut. Blimey.
Those low shin pads too. Him and Pogba boiling Souness’ piss on Sky Sports. Actually, when Grealish does it, it might be because he’s ‘got character’...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Impressive numbers, to be fair.

Litch

Honestly I don't get it. Ole's transfer strategy is like waiting for a bus to come to take you to your front door, rather than getting onto one that drops you at the end of your street. Grealish improves our squad overnight and is a better option at 10 than our current options and has more to prove than the player at Spurs who is alleged has already rejected us.....

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
If he does get sold this window, I wonder if it’ll be with a loan back to Villa for the rest of the season? Villa would be seriously fecked without him.

laughtersassassin

Grealish and Sancho would be my top summer targets. I'd sign both.

Assuming Pogba goes it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect a window of Sancho, Grealish, Saul?(Top Cm to replace Pogba) and then another backup Cm considering Matic is useless and probably going.

For a proper top team that a very realistic window when you losing your best player. For us I don't think we could pull it off.

Think only Sancho might turn us down. If so we need a 2nd option to him.

Anyway Grealish looks a class above Madison to me.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’m just pissed sky haven’t given him an assist for the first villa goal. My fantasy team needs the points!

FujiVice

He's sensational. Dragged them up last year, one of the best players in the league this year. We really should be in for him.

reddev3

Playing further forward doesnt mean you have less of a defensive role. Ander was our ball winner last season while Matic sat around being lazy. He played further forward

Perhaps you need to watch Manchester United matches too
It does and Matic did. Just because he couldn't fulfil his role it doesn't mean it wasn't less defensive than Ander's, in fact it was because he was in a more defensive role but still "sat around being lazy" why everyone though he was sh@t, he was a liability because he couldn't fulfil his higher defensive responsibility.

El Jefe

I'd be very surprised if Grealish is the best signing we can make for the No.10 spot regardless if he costs £45m.

He's a good player and all but we can get better and we need better.

Rory 7

Question is if he will leave even if he gets his clause matched. He knows they will be relegated without them and has a big loyalty towards them.

He’d be mad to turn us down though.

Typical our situation that our two best targets are either above us and solidly in top 4 or below us and in relegation battle.
:lol::lol:

Yeah ‘typical’ us to look at players at both ends of the table.

stu_1992

Nice goal for him today, though his goal against us was more impressive. Should have had 2 goals though. Ridiculous decision to rule that out.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Dont think hes close to being good enough for what's trying to be a top team tbh. Hes done well this year and is a bit of an inspiration for Villa, but whenever I watch him he just doesn't strike me as more than a player for a mid table team who we wouldn't bat an eyelid at if he wasn't English. Buendia at Norwich for example has maybe even been more impressive this year, but obviously you won't hear about him coming.
Would rather look elsewhere. Maddison I'd say is a lot better but at the same time, will cost way too much relative to his own level (and likely won't leave with them in the CL). Better to look abroad.

thomas porter

We should go for him over Maddison this summer. Absolute brilliant player on the ball.

RedDevilRoshi

If it’s true he has a £45M release clause, then it’s an absolute no brainer. Having said that, watch Liverpool now go and get him

Champagne Football

Grealish and Sancho would be my top summer targets. I'd sign both.

Assuming Pogba goes it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect a window of Sancho, Grealish, Saul?(Top Cm to replace Pogba) and then another backup Cm considering Matic is useless and probably going.

For a proper top team that a very realistic window when you losing your best player. For us I don't think we could pull it off.

Think only Sancho might turn us down. If so we need a 2nd option to him.

Anyway Grealish looks a class above Madison to me.
Assuming Pogba goes it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect a window of Sancho, Grealish, Saul?(Top Cm to replace Pogba)
Saul no chance. Sancho unlikely. Grealish hopefully. Maybe one of Longstaff or Rice too. I'm sure we'll bid for Eriksen too but he'll probs go to Juve. Jude Bellingham would be a great kid for the future too.
I think the board might prefer to see Garner getting more minutes next season, as opposed to signing someone like Saul for a fortune.

Cliche Guevara

He just seems to be getting better and better. Has the real look of a United player about him and I could see him becoming a fan favourite.

If we can get him for £45m I’d do it today and start him tonight.

El Jefe

Like who?
I don't watch as much European football anymore so I'm not sure about names but watching Grealish, it's hard to imagine there aren't better options out there. Good player but hardly a world beater.

He is the talisman of that Villa side, he has the freedom and authority to play his best game. In a better side, he'd have to fit in a structure and I'm not sure he could do that for a top 4 side. A bit like Zaha in my opinion.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
If it’s true he has a £45M release clause, then it’s an absolute no brainer. Having said that, watch Liverpool now go and get him
Dean Smith emphatically denied that Grealish had a release clause in an interview a couple of weeks ago.

starman

No chance he comes in January.

I don't mind Villa, i like their ground but for the sake of getting him I hope they go down

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't think we will be buying anyone in January tbh.

Summer moves will depend on where we finish or if we can win the EL. If we qualify for the CL I can forsee a pretty nice budget for Ole. If we don't then they will continue to tighten the purse strings I bet.