Jack Grealish

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The reason I want him here is not necessarily because he is the most consistent- but its genuinely that he has this style of play that I've hardly ever seen before.

He has this ability to almost stroll along with the football and I love to watch that for us. I'd love to hope that he can stroll along with the ball to try and entice players in before making the turn in CM, LCAM positions so he finds himself in free spaces.

crossy1686

career ending
There’s a rumour doing the rounds that years ago when Southgate was under 21 manager and Grealish was in the team, they were asked to write anonymous feedback after an England session. Apparently Grealish wrote “fecking nobhead” on his paper and Southgate found out it was him.

It would certainly explain why he can’t get in the England team despite being England’s best player.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There’s a rumour doing the rounds that years ago when Southgate was under 21 manager and Grealish was in the team, they were asked to write anonymous feedback after an England session. Apparently Grealish wrote “fecking nobhead” on his paper and Southgate found out it was him.

It would certainly explain why he can’t get in the England team despite being England’s best player.
Can't believe anyone still fall into this trap of "anonymous feedback".

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dunno about that. When both are fit, it's 50/50 on who starts with Kane and Sterling, and, imo, Rashford always outperforms Sancho for us.
Yeah that's true. I don't think Sancho has performed that well for England bar a good half v Kosovo last year.

Guess it could be like France starting with Dembele at last world cup when he'd just moved to Barca for 70m. He had a poor game v Australia and they took him out for Giroud and the balance in final third was much better.

Mindhunter

It that's true then it speaks more about Southgate than it does about Grealish. Make no mistake, Grealish is no saint and has had his fair share of troubles but keeping someone out due to a petty grudge for a position in the national team is scandalous and a pretty big blot on his character. I really doubt if that's the case though.

With Sancho, Rashford, Kane, Sterling, Grealish and potentially DCL we have a very potent attack.

I can understand why he didn’t play when he was in the Championship (although he’s called up many other players), but his call up has been at least a year overdue.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wondering if we'll regret not paying more for him as opposed to saving and signing VDB instead. He does seem to have more qualities we need. Then again if we were willing to spend more we'd just have signed Sancho.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Whilst I wouldn't be happy about it as I want the player with us - I'd wonder how Grealish would play where Da silva played at City - an ability to play wide or stay narrow.

I really enjoy watching him.

I remember some didnt want him because of some driving or drinking issue.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If we sell Pogba I would now rather pay 70-80 mil for Grealish (which obviously is a lot) than 100+ mil for Sancho.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Would be a great replacement for Pogba after all once we let our Frenchman go. Think it was just a question of whether Villa go down or stay, was so close. One thing I wanted him here is that we don't have a player with his skillset in our team in midfielders. Dribblers like that are really essential, you can pass it around well but if you don't have a player who can draw a fould or keep it under pressure it can be a tough game. Pogba can do it in advanced position but he's a different kind of dribbler, more powerful while Grealish is smoother, effortlessly glides on the pitch, works a bit harder of the ball too.

Let's see if he can get away from his huge contract he signed

UbicaMekogSrca

Supports
FK Sloboda
Lovely player. Would walk in our side.
I think he is stuck like Zaha. But who can blame them.One big injury and your are over.

Red-17

Damn they just lost 3 0 and yall still saying this. Says a lot.
Almost scored a worldie. Dribbled the whole length of the pitch showing his skill, speed, and strength. Had a goal cleared off the line in the first half too.

ForeverRed1

Damn they just lost 3 0 and yall still saying this. Says a lot.
so the best players don’t lose games? Doesn’t mean a single thing that they lost tonight, Grealish has won villa plenty. Bought them up to the prem and kept them up last season, despite playing with dross. His stats are are very impressive. I would love to see what he would do in a top top side.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
so the best players don’t lose games? Doesn’t mean a single thing that they lost tonight, Grealish has won villa plenty. Bought them up to the prem and kept them up last season, despite playing with dross. His stats are are very impressive. I would love to see what he would do in a top top side.
He's implying that Grealish must have been good if he's still the talking point after a 3-0 loss, I don't think he was having a go.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
He's implying that Grealish must have been good if he's still the talking point after a 3-0 loss, I don't think he was having a go.
This. I didnt see the game just the score but he must have been good if yall praising him after they lost 3 0

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Seems to have kicked on even further after not getting his move. Impressive player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems to be the sort of player we need much more than VDB. Villa surviving last season out priced pretty much everyone though

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Seen the highlights looked like he was involved in everything good villa did until leeds got the first and then bamford scored two quality goals.
That run from his own half was immense. Would have been goal of the season so far if he finished it.

Mercurial

Rebel.
He didn't lie either, we missed out big time.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

So was the intent to get anonymous feedbacks or to bait players who didn't like him? :lol:

Mercurial

So was the intent to get anonymous feedbacks or to bait players who didn't like him? :lol:
Southgate trying tips and tricks from an economy tier leadership consultant and/or book tips from Moyes on how to be a respected leader. :rolleyes:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It that's true then it speaks more about Southgate than it does about Grealish. Make no mistake, Grealish is no saint and has had his fair share of troubles but keeping someone out due to a petty grudge for a position in the national team is scandalous and a pretty big blot on his character. I really doubt if that's the case though.
As opposed to a petty grudge, the other way of interpreting it is yet another example of Grealish's immaturity and willingness to put his own ego before team solidarity before he's even established himself at that level. Which is a legitimate consideration in team selection at the national level.

RashyForPM

He’s not wrong :lol:

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
How are we going to get him out of Villa. Is he worth spending 100m on, cause thats what he's worth to Villa. Would hate to see him spend his best years out of the CL.

izec

Remember when folks wanted VDB over him in the summer? Bonkers. VDB is decent, but felt stupid having to explain why i wanted Grealish

GueRed

glad fans coming round and seeing what a good player he really is.

he's a strong personality on the pitch (which we lack), better than sleepy Martial would easily walk into our team

As opposed to a petty grudge, the other way of interpreting it is yet another example of Grealish's immaturity and willingness to put his own ego before team solidarity before he's even established himself at that level. Which is a legitimate consideration in team selection at the national level.
If true, it’s 5 or 6 years ago. So what.

Look at Grealish now, he’s the ultimate team player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
glad fans coming round and seeing what a good player he really is.

he's a strong personality on the pitch (which we lack), better than sleepy Martial would easily walk into our team
Would he or would he be in the same position VDB is in now i.e. no actual place for him in our normal XI so waiting for his opportunity

GueRed

Would he or would he be in the same position VDB is in now i.e. no actual place for him in our normal XI so waiting for his opportunity
De Beek can only play in a midfield role which we're well stocked in tbh

Grealish can occupy the attacking wide spots as well as attacking midfield

I would've played him wide left with Rashford up top and Greenwood/Martial on the right