Jack Grealish

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because I really like him!

With VDB I don't see it happening.

GledTheRed

How long will he stay at Villa?

He will want to be playing in the CL and competing for trophies at 25 years old, not to mention the wage bump.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Unfortunately I think so*... If we didn't want to pay £80m or whatever in the summer then I don't see how we'll want to pay more then that now...

*unless he has a clause in his new contract.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think it's sailed for everyone unless someone bids a 60m+ type fee and Villa aren't in contention for EL.

Judas

Open to offers
He'll end up at City or Liverpool if he leaves Villa anytime soon, but I think he'll be priced out of a move, because they're going to ask for a mad amount.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How long will he stay at Villa?

He will want to be playing in the CL and competing for trophies at 25 years old, not to mention the wage bump.
He signed a new 5 year deal 6 weeks ago.

I think he'll give it to around 27 and then evaluate. Young moved to you when he was 26 I think, RVP 28 and both then won the league pretty soon. Gareth Barry was 28 when he left us to go to Man. City so might be similar case.

He's the type that will still be on a high level in his early 30s.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Really wanted him in the summer too... Over Sancho and anyone else. Clearly top quality and has an excellent mentality on the pitch.

GledTheRed

He signed a new 5 year deal 6 weeks ago.

I think he'll give it to around 27 and then evaluate. Young moved to you when he was 26 I think, RVP 28 and both then won the league pretty soon. Gareth Barry was 28 when he left us to go to Man. City so might be similar case.

He's the type that will still be on a high level in his early 30s.
I can't see him staying beyond the summer with how he is currently performing.

yamo123x

Grealish outstanding again, been saying it for a year now, he is the player we need, for me he offers more than sancho, he is a class act

Remember the geese

I would have taken him in the Summer for £40m as squad depth. Unfortunately, Villa's valuation doubled upon their survival. I only really tend to watch United games, but managed to watch the game tonight. Honestly, I didnt realise he was this good. What a player he has developed into. He looked like Zidane out there, pulling all the strings.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Looks to be able to assert himself more on a game than Sancho.

That's what we need. Players who can drag us up a level at all cost, not those coming from cushty surroundings expecting to be gifted chances and space.

brzez

Granted it was one international fixture (you cannot draw big conclusions), but for me, he is the definition of a Solkjaer player. Great individual brilliance, and a must have against dross teams that parks the bus at OT. He's a great player in terms of picking up space and finding the astute forward pass. He's never going to score more goals than Martial and Rashford, but I would still prefer Grealish to both of them. If he were left footed this would be a no brainer, but I don't know how we would fit into our first XI regularly. I see him as a CAM or LW, so he's not a potential replacement for Pogba. And United aren't signing him for £80m+, unless the club is ready to offload one of our guys upfront.

Davie Moyes

I would have taken him in the Summer for £40m as squad depth. Unfortunately, Villa's valuation doubled upon their survival. I only really tend to watch United games, but managed to watch the game tonight. Honestly, I didnt realise he was this good. What a player he has developed into. He looked like Zidane out there, pulling all the strings.
I'm in a similar position to you in don't get to watch him much but my younger brother who is also a Utd fan has been raving about him for a couple of years. I would have gone up to 55/60m for him in summer, but he's gone up now to probably around 80m.

My bro has been raving about Jota for ages also and seems he's been proven right there too given how's he has started at Liverpool.

Raw

I'm in a similar position to you in don't get to watch him much but my younger brother who is also a Utd fan has been raving about him for a couple of years. I would have gone up to 55/60m for him in summer, but he's gone up now to probably around 80m.

My bro has been raving about Jota for ages also and seems he's been proven right there too given how's he has started at Liverpool.
I think your brother should apply to be United's head scout.

Walters_19_MuFc

What player is your brother raving about now? Whoever it is, sign him up, Ole!

izec

That flick past Meunier was beautiful. Guy is one of the best players in the league this season, he is on fire. I wanted him badly in the summer as well

pascell

I'm fairly certain if we'd sold Pogba in summer we'd have got Grealish, even for the £60-80m Villa wanted. He would still be worth every penny of £80m as he's a consistent performer, one of my dream signings in summer and would've instantly improved us.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Old school style player. Not a lot of pace but confident, strong and surprisingly good technique. Like a less refined zidane

Last edited:

El Zoido

He’s better this season cause Villa are better this season. It’s incredible how much he’s carried them already, no disrespect to the other players but they would have been fecked without him last season. Couldn’t say that about any other player. He’d be even better in a better team.

Davie Moyes

What player is your brother raving about now? Whoever it is, sign him up, Ole!
He he. Not sure, I'll ask him. I suppose it's not a surprise that my bro likes those two players in that his own playing style is quite similar to both. Technically very good, good dribbling and passing and likes to run games (5 a side of course).

redshaw

One of those pivotal orchestrator players.

With a couple of good additions to the Villa squad this year it's been even better for Jack to strut his stuff. I'm not sure we or another club could've got him though. He's such a Villa man and helped them survive and now has the chance to get Villa established in the PL.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The second he signed that new contract he said goodbye to signing for a top team.
He seems the type who is happy at his team though. And only a relegation will change that.
I think he's happy to stay at Villa being a boyhood fan while ensuring that if he is sold Villa are heavily compensated for it. It's kind of a win-win for him, I imagine he'd happily retire at Villa being a legend or get a mega money move to a top club if they're willing to pay.

Robindinho

I know it’s always easy in hindsight but really don’t know why we didn’t push the boat out and get him instead of wasting time on Sancho.

If we’d have really tried before he signed the extension, would have probably got him for £50-60m. Would have turned out to be a bargain.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I remember being annoyed Villa escaped relegation last season. We were not gonna get him for a reasonable amount of money once that happened.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Hindsight ... There were a lot of comments here during the transfer window when there were rumours it would be either Grealish or Sancho: „From Sancho to Grealish, how depressing”.
6 weeks can be a long time in football!
However his quality was there for everyone to see long before this season started.
Well, there’s always next year ...

archiebald

I started following him in 2019-2020 because of Fantasy PL and he was already by far the best player on the team, keeping them afloat almost singlehandedly.

The disrespect we have for players from lesser EPL teams is frankly laughable.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Would have been perfect for Chelsea instead of Havertz.