Jack Grealish

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That would cost a minimum £300m to put together with a decent CDM.
I know it would be expensive and I’m playing with names really, it’s more to show where I think we’d get the best out of grealish. Essentially he’d take Pogba’s spot and his running from deep, and skill at keeping possession would bring a new dimension to this team

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I know it would be expensive and I’m playing with names really, it’s more to show where I think we’d get the best out of grealish. Essentially he’d take Pogba’s spot and his running from deep, and skill at keeping possession would bring a new dimension to this team
The funny thing is, if you add Bellingham, that is how our team would look like if OGS got all the players he wanted. And a few of them would already look like bargains for the price quoted when we first started getting linked to them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hindsight is a funny thing.

Grealish would arguably be first name on the sheet right now.
Yet not one poster suggested similar beforehand, so all this "we shoulda signed him" stuff is easy now.

It was all a case of whether the 60-70m was too much for someone who wouldn't be a certain starter. Then throw in that we couldn't clear many unwanted players out, villa not going down and all that incident with the car, and all of a sudden not signing him is not at all as mad at some suggest.

Wilt

He could be a real game changer for Utd, but can’t see Villa wanting to sell January ....unless there is a release clause in his contract ?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I know it’s a bit cliche but he would be such a United player / SAF type of player.
80 mil minimum would be the price now. And around 180/200 k / week wages.
If it was my decision I would want United to pay it.
In 1-2 years he will most probably play for whoever out of United, City and Chelsea is prepared to pay that money.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I know it’s a bit cliche but he would be such a United player / SAF type of player.
80 mil minimum would be the price now. And around 180/200 k / week wages.
If it was my decision I would want United to pay it.
In 1-2 years he will most probably play for whoever out of United, City and Chelsea is prepared to pay that money.
I can see that SAF would've brought him two years ago or something but the fact of the matter is that he is now a £130m+ transfer when you take in fee (£80m) and wages (£200k a week for 5 years.) This wouldn't be a problem if Utd were absolutely desperate for a player in his position, however, Utd need the following before a Grealish:

CDM, CB, RWF. On top of that, I would argue a attacking RB option and a CF are also required before a Grealish also. Buying him at £130m+ in all, whilst still having those holes would be lunacy.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think we should try and sign him in jan, we can offer money and Jones/Romero, he's not cup tied in europe either, give us a push in final part of the season
Romero would move from number 3 at your place to number 3 here.

Maureen-yo

I can see that SAF would've brought him two years ago or something but the fact of the matter is that he is now a £130m+ transfer when you take in fee (£80m) and wages (£200k a week for 5 years.) This wouldn't be a problem if Utd were absolutely desperate for a player in his position, however, Utd need the following before a Grealish:

CDM, CB, RWF. On top of that, I would argue a attacking RB option and a CF are also required before a Grealish also. Buying him at £130m+ in all, whilst still having those holes would be lunacy.
This, I get that he's in fantastic form and looks great but if we add him to our squad we are still massively unbalanced. A DM is vital for us and a RWF a close second in my opinion.

archiebald

This, I get that he's in fantastic form and looks great but if we add him to our squad we are still massively unbalanced. A DM is vital for us and a RWF a close second in my opinion.
We've needed a proper DM for years ever since we lost Carrick. Matic was a decent stopgap but is past it now, and we are now resorting to playing McFred together to accomplish the effect of 1 good DM.

I think we should try and sign him in jan, we can offer money and Jones/Romero, he's not cup tied in europe either, give us a push in final part of the season
You really think they'd want either of those players? One's a dud and the other a keeper who's barely played and doesn't even feature for his NT anymore despite their poor pool of keepers.

Last edited:

Posh Red

As much as I like him as a player I think this is very true

Needham

Just forget about this one and keep ears pricked for the next Grealish and next time make a fecking move early instead of pussying around like two tons of fun in Sideways.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just forget about this one and keep ears pricked for the next Grealish and next time make a fecking move early instead of pussying around like two tons of fun in Sideways.
Eze at Palace is someone who reminds me of Jack with way he plays.

Ekeke

I'd take him on the right wing in a heartbeat. Putting the ball in the box with a cross is one of his better skills and when he pops up on the right he's usually able to make danger

Pagh Wraith

Love watching him play. Has a very unique way of moving about the football pitch which always makes him stand out. A bit like Hazard in that regard.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Love watching him play. Has a very unique way of moving about the football pitch which always makes him stand out. A bit like Hazard in that regard.
Hazard was the most fouled player before he left now Grealish is. They both invite tackles with their dribbling style imo.

Zoo

Cracking player but he’d be despised if he was a United player the number of fouls he plays for.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I see we're in the stage where he's getting praise for anything, was bang average today, disappointing if anything.

fergosaurus

Should never have signed that new contract, assuming there's no release clause. He'll almost be 31 by the time it's up. It's likely he'll be sold before that but also risks ending up like Zaha at Palace.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Rashford - Haaland - Sancho

Grealish - CDM - Bruno

Telles - maguire - konate - AWB
Instead of having midfielder who is great dribbler but suspect defensively to play with Bruno in midfield, I would rather have someone who’s decent dribbler but still good & discipline defensively like Zakaria. A midfielder who likes to dribble and take too many touches like Grealish to play with someone who lose possession easily due to being risk taker & passer like Bruno probably will give the same Pogba’s issue all over again.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
His last two appearances have been on the losing side yet the hype just does not stop. Good player who is getting a lot of overrating at the moment.