Jack Grealish

Red & White

He’s been very good this season. His delivery and ball retention is impressive. He does seem to get fouled a lot/ draws fouls and goes down. I don’t know where he’d fit in with us as of now but certainly looks like a United player.

Kyonn

He put at least 2 magnificent balls from the right yesterday.
A few good plays isn't the same as playing there full time. I've seen Rashford make a few good plays from the right too, but I don't want him playing there full time.

NoPace

City are crying out for a David Silva replacement who can run the game and pin teams back so badly that I think he sadly ends up there after they sell Bernardo Silva for 60M to the continent to pay for most of it. Maybe add a loanee or permanent move for someone like Zinchenko or maybe Villa scouts think Nmecha (10 in 16 for Anderlecht), Tommy Doyle or Delap could be a difference maker and ask for one permanently or a loan with option to buy. Might suit City to send talent and 70M for Grealish instead of a flat 90-100M fee that would completely smash their transfer record, and if your'e a team like Villa resigned to losing Grealish then getting a proper young talent might do it.

From us, I think they'd maybe push for Tuanzebe back, but Daniel James seems like the guy they'd want to plug into Grealish's spot along with the giant fee they could bank some of and use the rest on a permanent signing of Ross Barkley and a couple of highly rated young players since their 11 of Watkins-James-Traore-Barkley-McGinn-Luiz-Targett-Mings-Konsa-Cash-Martinez is probably set enough that they could buy sustainably and go for the best players in the Champo or some foreign talent even if they need a season to integrate, develop and perform.

Red Star One

Think he’s a good player but I’m not as terrified as few others if he goes to other Premier League team, City, Liverpool and Chelsea have long stolen better players from the market and many of them ended up mediocre buys (Mahrez rings a bell, I felt he would’ve been top for us and was sure he’ll run riots with City), I’d much rather we prioritized RW or a top top striker if we were to splash tens of millions of pounds now or in the summer.

arnie_ni

Theres an article in The Times today about this same subject. Grealish would be perfect here if Bruno wasnt already in his position. Grealish is not replacing Bruno in the middle, and its unlikely he replaces Rashford on the left either. Forget Rashford's up and down form, it's the pace and power he has that's so important out wide.
No harm to rashford but if grealish is here he's 2nd name on the teamsters after Bruno and rashford will be working around him, which likes means starting on the right

No harm to rashford but if grealish is here he's 2nd name on the teamsters after Bruno and rashford will be working around him, which likes means starting on the right
I doubt that. Grealish is a big fish in a small pond right now, and everything Villa do goes through him. It will be an entirely different challenge here. Rashford is already on another level, and even if he weren't our team still requires somebody with his power and pace to stretch the games.

keithsingleton

Grealish is a good passer but let’s not overate him.

He is a top class player but his passing isn’t on par with Beckham people have very short memories.
The fact he's compared with Beckham will do for me. There's no doubting where ever Grealish goes he will improve the side. Please god it's us that gets him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

He is a top class player but his passing isn’t on par with Beckham people have very short memories.
True. He isnt even close to Beckham but still very good

it doesn’t have to be one or the other. Grealish was all over the park the other day. Bruno, Rashford and Grealish could easily play on the same team with a striker (Martial, Cavani or whoever) up front.

Rashford perhaps doesn’t work as hard as he used to for the team, but I think that’s because he’s carrying an injury. But Bruno and Grealish are not your typical flashy players and would both put a real shift in. It would work really well.

mosschopps

My first post in here after long term lurking. IMO Grealish would fit us down to a tea. Not only does he resemble beckham in some of his playing style but I think woodward would see him as PR masterstroke for man utds future global name. Lets face it, the lad knows how to make himself look good. If man utd can carry on improving and he can be a big part of it. Global shirt sales of Grealish would be a big winner for the woodward man utd brand.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We have one playmaker in Bruno with VDB as cover and bunch of left wingers. Grealish with his fee is not a player who you buy for "rotation". So only position where i can see him in first 11 is Pogba position when we play diamond/4222. So if we sell Pogba then we will go for Jack

AKDevil

I doubt that. Grealish is a big fish in a small pond right now, and everything Villa do goes through him. It will be an entirely different challenge here. Rashford is already on another level, and even if he weren't our team still requires somebody with his power and pace to stretch the games.
Grealish is different. Has a charisma about him, bigger the stage, better he plays, more and more he wants the ball. Look at him with England. Going in with significantly more experienced players, he’s new to the scene and just bosses it. Plays like he belongs. Excellent self confidence. A United player if ever I’ve seen one.

United58

Grealish is different. Has a charisma about him, bigger the stage, better he plays, more and more he wants the ball. Look at him with England. Going in with significantly more experienced players, he’s new to the scene and just bosses it. Plays like he belongs. Excellent self confidence. A United player if ever I’ve seen one.
How much would you pay for him? I was discussing with Arsenal fans, and they reckoned he'd priced himself out of a move with his new contract last season

And by the way, i predicted last three world cup winners correctly. Spain 2010, Germany 2014 and France 2018. Next one is too difficult to call.
Gun to your head, what's your call? :D

AKDevil

How much would you pay for him? I was discussing with Arsenal fans, and they reckoned he'd priced himself out of a move with his new contract last season

It’s going to be £80m plus. I’d have no issues with us paying it. In top three players in the league. Would play for us every week.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal

100m + easy. He's a bonafide success, there's absolutely no doubt about him. 70-80m gets you Lukaku, Pepe level players. He's easily worth more.

United58

100m + easy. He's a bonafide success, there's absolutely no doubt about him. 70-80m gets you Lukaku, Pepe level players. He's easily worth more.
Only if you're a bad manager ;) but I agree, Grealish (especially after that contract) will command a considerable fee. Maybe £80m tops, but that's still massive money

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Think he’s a good player but I’m not as terrified as few others if he goes to other Premier League team, City, Liverpool and Chelsea have long stolen better players from the market and many of them ended up mediocre buys (Mahrez rings a bell, I felt he would’ve been top for us and was sure he’ll run riots with City), I’d much rather we prioritized RW or a top top striker if we were to splash tens of millions of pounds now or in the summer.
You don’t think this front four will excite you more than signing that RW?

Martial
Grealish Bruno Rashford​

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Still no 1 for the xA. Him, Bruno and KDB are just above the rest in creativity this season. Grealish will be perfect for Pogba’s replacement, Grealish, Bruno Rashford, those three together behind our striker Martial or Cavani is just very exciting.

Sanche7

Can he play as an attacking left sided midfielder in a 4-3-3? We will need a monster of a DM to cover for Bruno and Grealish but i dont think we will be able to get the best out of Rashford if we play him as a RW. We would still need a RW but I've high hopes for Amad Diallo. Would love to add Haaland too. With Haalands movement and finishing and Bruno+Grealish combining, i think we could have potentially the best attack in the PL.

Last edited:

croadyman

Can he play as an attacking left sided midfielder in a 4-3-3? We will need a monster of a DM to cover for Bruno and Grealish but i dont think we will be able to get the best out of Rashford if we play him as a RW. We would still need a RW but I've high hopes for Amad Diallo. Would love to add Haaland too as IMO. With Haalands movement and finishing and Bruno+Grealish combining, i think we could have potentially the best attacking in the PL.
Don't give me hopes of them three ever playing together

Sanche7

Don't give me hopes of them three ever playing together
Imagine an attack comprising of those three plus Rashford, Greenwood, Martial and a competent RW with most of them in their prime. It will be just :drool:

Moiraine

I would be able to call a week before the Event. :smirk:

Trex

If Pogba leaves I'll sign Grealish and play him as an 8 in the pivot allow him run it all,it's his favorite position according to himself. He is the player people thought Wilshere would be,that would allow United become a genuine front footed team

Rashford Fernandes Diallo
Grealish Caicedo

Hypothetical middle five for next season

James Peril

Grealish’s passing is far superior to Beckham in general. As far as pure old crossing goes, he is behind.... but football isn’t played with Beckham-crossing anymore, well, perhaps only from full-backs. The good old touch, wait and perfect swerve died ten years ago, an attacking player seldom has the time to do that in 2021. Grealish is an expert at the touch, wait and and sliding through corridors with perfect weight, bringing in full-backs at full speed or finding other attackers. Only him and de Bruyne can do that with such stable execution.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If we can somehow sell Pogba and VDB I think Grealish would cover both those aspects if we could get him. He would cover and compete for the left side with Rashford, and he would cover for Bruno when he has to rest or hits bad form at any stage. Two attacking, creative midfielders with different skills means we can move on from that position and focus on other positions.

I'd easily predict more balance to our side if we replaced Pogba, VDB with Grealish, Haaland. Even without a right winger like Sancho, it would easily make us better and more balanced. If we can avoid compromising on our proper workhorse midfield to get creativity in there, and rather have the creativity further forward it would be easier to keep a consistent style of play. Easier to swap players without losing a lot of momentum.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Looked great watching the highlight reel of us vs Villa but you people posting him in a midfield 3 with Bruno and some random DM/Fred/Mctominay, I wonder - isnt Grealish more like a classic 10, a Totti type of player rather than som Modric type of player who runs the game?

It looks to me as he should be near the box putting in crosses and hitting balls first or second time, rather than covering for Bruno in a midfield position.

Trex

His greatest qualities are ball retention and ball progression, you press him he beats you or you foul him,you stand off him he gets time to pick a pass,only way to stop him is to have multiple players already marking him even before the ball gets to his feet,by his own admission he prefers to play as an 8,Isco is a player he reminds me of but with more steel and Leadership about him,he would compliment Bruno more so than Pogba because he has that ability to retain possession( something both of them lack )meaning more of the ball for our forwards generally, he is such a good player he draws multiple players buying space for his teammate,Runners like Rashford would love that,he is not a Totti type as most of what he does is ball to fit,so wouldn't score as many goals, Totti is more of a forward

MU655

Such a class player. I would love us to sign him.

Percentage of passes that are key passes. Just shows how creative he really is.

Grealish (15 games) - 8.9% (3.7 key passes per game - 41.8 passes per game) - Highest in the league by 2%.
Pereira (11 games (2)) - 6.9% (2 key passes per game - 27.7 passes per game) - Pretty impressive for a player at West Brom.
De Bruyne (13 games (1)) - 6.4% (3.2 key passes per game - 49.8 passes per game)
Fernandes (15 games (1)) - 6% (3.3 key passes per game - 55.3 passes per game)

Most key passes. 4th most successful dribbles. Can play right-wing, left-wing, and attacking midfield. I would easily take him over Sancho; this guy has all the assets of being a world-class player. Also, the most fouled player in the league, so loads of freekicks and penalties! (1st Grealish - fouled 4.9 per game; 2nd Zaha - fouled 3.1 per game)

croadyman

Such a class player. I would love us to sign him.

Percentage of passes that are key passes. Just shows how creative he really is.

Grealish (15 games) - 8.9% (3.7 key passes per game - 41.8 passes per game) - Highest in the league by 2%.
Pereira (11 games (2)) - 6.9% (2 key passes per game - 27.7 passes per game) - Pretty impressive for a player at West Brom.
De Bruyne (13 games (1)) - 6.4% (3.2 key passes per game - 49.8 passes per game)
Fernandes (15 games (1)) - 6% (3.3 key passes per game - 55.3 passes per game)

Most key passes. 4th most successful dribbles. Can play right-wing, left-wing, and attacking midfield. I would easily take him over Sancho; this guy has all the assets of being a world-class player. Also, the most fouled player in the league, so loads of freekicks and penalties! (1st Grealish - fouled 4.9 per game; 2nd Zaha - fouled 3.1 per game)
He can certainly play the last two positions but hasn't played on the RW since his days on loan at Notts County, however believe that he would be very capable of doing that if it was so required by the club because he is good enough to be that flexible. The trouble is that Utd have seen no evidence of him playing on that side in top level football whereas they have with Sancho and then there is Woody's obsession with how marketable Jadon is to the club too.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Grealish’s passing is far superior to Beckham in general. As far as pure old crossing goes, he is behind.... but football isn’t played with Beckham-crossing anymore, well, perhaps only from full-backs. The good old touch, wait and perfect swerve died ten years ago, an attacking player seldom has the time to do that in 2021. Grealish is an expert at the touch, wait and and sliding through corridors with perfect weight, bringing in full-backs at full speed or finding other attackers. Only him and de Bruyne can do that with such stable execution.
There's so much wrong in this post. The funny thing is if Beckham were playing in this era, the player his game would be most similar to is De Bruyne.

Imagine thinking Beckham was just a crosser and Grealish's passing is far superior :lol: Deary me.