Jack Grealish

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Grealish’s passing is far superior to Beckham in general. As far as pure old crossing goes, he is behind.... but football isn’t played with Beckham-crossing anymore, well, perhaps only from full-backs. The good old touch, wait and perfect swerve died ten years ago, an attacking player seldom has the time to do that in 2021. Grealish is an expert at the touch, wait and and sliding through corridors with perfect weight, bringing in full-backs at full speed or finding other attackers. Only him and de Bruyne can do that with such stable execution.
Nice try at being a WUM.
There's so much wrong in this post. The funny thing is if Beckham were playing in this era, the player his game would be most similar to is De Bruyne.

Imagine thinking Beckham was just a crosser and Grealish's passing is far superior :lol: Deary me.
I didn’t respond as it’s clearly a WUM.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Most key passes. 4th most successful dribbles. Can play right-wing, left-wing, and attacking midfield.
His best position is comfortably on the left side of midfield with licence to drift. Since returning to Premier League with Villa, it’s where about 90% of his football has been played. I don’t even think he’s played on the right.

Were we to sign him, he would definitely be our best left winger, but the idea that he can play in many positions is just one of those fan things. I’ve seen a lot say he’d replace Pogba — I’m assuming they mean in a creative sense and not in actual position!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Still no 1 for the xA. Him, Bruno and KDB are just above the rest in creativity this season. Grealish will be perfect for Pogba’s replacement, Grealish, Bruno Rashford, those three together behind our striker Martial or Cavani is just very exciting.

Worth 20m yet? ;)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Still trying to get over Tom Cleverley's performances for us!

I was actually think at the time last season if there was any realistic decent player for Man. United who could come in and improve us given the Grealish rumours started 12 months ago.

We were snail pace on counter attack last season so think last summer Daniel James on loan with option for permanent move would've made sense for both parties. Now though we have El Ghazi playing some good games again and Traore is starting to pick up the pace of the league so it's not a big priority currently.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
he's changed his tune, he's been one of Pogba's most vocal supporters for years. He was also banging the Sancho drum as well. He's basically just as big a muppet as the rest of us :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
There's so much wrong in this post. The funny thing is if Beckham were playing in this era, the player his game would be most similar to is De Bruyne.

Imagine thinking Beckham was just a crosser and Grealish's passing is far superior :lol: Deary me.
I'm as big a Grealish fan as anyone. I wanted us to spend the £80m on him whilst most wanted Donny for £40m, but you're spot on. I think Grealish is a world class playmaker but Beckham, to me, was still on another level. That's how highly I rate Becks' passing/playmaking.

It's unfortunate how our past greats have become underrated in recent years. Beckham and Keane probably being the victims of that the most. Becks is just remembered as a pretty boy who could cross and hit a free kick, and Keane was just a hard man. They were both so much more, but I digress!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Bryan Robson: “I wouldn’t mind seeing Jack Grealish in a Manchester United shirt. But I don’t know whether the staff at Old Trafford fancy him, as much as you’d like to see him playing for your club.”

Interesting to see this, not sure if I'm reading too much into this but Robson does have an ambassadorial role for the club.

dal

He’s the talisman who could have left for years but dug in every season aswell as last season when he may have been sold if they got relegated.

I’ll be honest I’m his biggest fan from the championship times but I didn’t expect him to get this good in this league.

Has the maradona about him, nonchalant inspiration leader, has plenty of heart and likes women and the odd substance abuse. Real gem.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
For me what's most pleasing about watching Grealish is that he could come off the pitch after a game and record zero assists/goals and still be the best player on the pitch due to how brilliant he is in the transition.

432JuanMata

Most English players get overrated by the English media yet this guy is a star and doesn’t?. I don’t get it. Southgate was starting mount over him which is crazy. You can build a team around this guy which England should do.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Most English players get overrated by the English media yet this guy is a star and doesn’t?. I don’t get it. Southgate was starting mount over him which is crazy. You can build a team around this guy which England should do.
Think it is that Mount is a goody two shoes.

432JuanMata

For me what's most pleasing about watching Grealish is that he could come off the pitch after a game and record zero assists/goals and still be the best player on the pitch due to how brilliant he is in the transition.
This 100%. He is mint even if he doesn’t score or assist. He is so unselfish aswell he plays the right pass nearly all the time cracking player

432JuanMata

Think it is that Mount is a goody two shoes.
But it’s madness isn’t it ? I think the English pundits(older players) love the “he gets around” “he puts in a shift”. No matter what mount or any other player does Grealish should be starting every game for England

SER19

I try to avoid hype trains, but I really do think he's a fantastic player. Whether or not he's what we need here in terms of squad is another thing. Can see city opening the pepbook

Bondi77

Where have all the posters gone that reckoned VDB was the better player?
The silence is deafening!

432JuanMata

I try to avoid hype trains, but I really do think he's a fantastic player. Whether or not he's what we need here in terms of squad is another thing. Can see city opening the pepbook
That’s the thing he is so good but we don’t actually need him at the moment we need to focus on RW. But if Pogba was too move on he would be the best replacement

Renegade

Did people say this? I don’t recall people saying he was better but more that the DVB made more sense as it was half the price.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Did people say this? I don’t recall people saying he was better but more that the DVB made more sense as it was half the price.
Yeah. Think that was the reason, we were still after Sancho for most of last summer. Trouble is this summer will be the same, going after Sancho.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
But it’s madness isn’t it ? I think the English pundits(older players) love the “he gets around” “he puts in a shift”. No matter what mount or any other player does Grealish should be starting every game for England
English national team has a long tradition of marginalizing naturally gifted, creative players.

432JuanMata

Maybe a poster or two said that but I’m sure most were happy with VDB because he was improving the squad and was much cheaper. Also with Pogba,Bruno and Grealish you have a headache trying to fit them in.

Josh 76

Maybe a poster or two said that but I’m sure most were happy with VDB because he was improving the squad and was much cheaper. Also with Pogba,Bruno and Grealish you have a headache trying to fit them in.
If Villa had been relegated. Grealish would be a Utd player now.