Jack Grealish

neilv93

We're fortunate to have a lot of good options on the left flank but man is this guy crazily good. Looks worth every penny of the so-say £60m Villa wanted this summer. Getting better and better each game.

slored1

Spectacular player. Bet Levy is kicking himself for not wanting to pay 30 million quid for him 2 years ago.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Really enjoyable player to watch. Didn't realise how fast he was but he blitzed Bellerin on the counter for the third goal.

I hope we at least try to get him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It had to be one of him or Sancho we got. These ball magnet players in the final third are a glaring miss in our side.

A9X SJ

He’s a top class player we should have been all over this one.....

Barkley has been a breath of freshair moving to Villa, with McGinn In there also they have a good midfield

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Pogba’s top level is far higher. He hasn’t hit his best form for about 18 months though. Grealish is the much more consistent player though.
I mean, when you're saying a player hasn't hit their best form in 18 months that just means their level has dropped, it isn't a passing phase.

Grealish is a far better player than Pogba now.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Should splash 80m on him instead of 120m on Sancho next summer.

What a fecking player.
I said this when everyone was laughing at the price. He would've been easily worth it in today's market. It's nice to see people realising just how good he is now instead of thinking he'd be a backup player. Same, hopefully, goes for Southgate.

His talent, and elite mentality, were obvious even in the championship. I'm glad Levy ignored Poch on this one because him alongside Bale, Kane and Son would've been frightening.

tjb

Are what elitism gets you.....so many posters were bashing him for the team he played for, well hes been performing like this since last season

tob

That offensive tackle on Bellerin for the third goal - take note United forwards.

Superunknown

He's doing the business, that's for sure.

I'm confident that we would find a way to coach all of his good qualities out of his game.

Idxomer

He's like peak Hazard but with more purpose in his play right now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Found it weird in the summer how many people wanted VDB over him.
I would want both, get rid of Pogba so Donny will get a chance anyway. That was why I said our midfield options in all areas would be miles stronger, because you would have two players who are actually bothered.

neilv93

Genuine question but would he be a potential RW option or nah? I know he plays left or in a midfield-trio but good players can play anywhere right? He's extraordinary.

TsuWave

I’m actually surprised at how well he’s doing

I would want both, get rid of Pogba so Donny will get a chance anyway. That was why I said our midfield options in all areas would be miles stronger, because you would have two players who are actually bothered.
Donny isn’t not getting chances because of Pogba. Pogba has had a limited number of starts for a minute now and VDB has not featured significantly more. You guys have a fetish with Pogba’s name. It’s weird.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I’m actually surprised at how well he’s doing

Donny isn’t not getting chances because of Pogba. Pogba has had a limited number of starts for a minute now and VDB has not featured significantly more. You guys have a fetish with Pogba’s name. It’s weird.
Probably because he is our highest profile player, who constantly flirts with the other clubs, is one of our highest earners and does feck all.

Cloud7

I would prefer if we plugged our money into him rather than Sancho next transfer window.

PoTMS

How he doesn't start over Mount for England is beyond me. He's one of our best players. Southgate is an utter idiot.

James Peril

Pogba’s top level is far higher. He hasn’t hit his best form for about 18 months though. Grealish is the much more consistent player but he’s not world class yet, very very good player though.
I am and have always been a huge fan of what Pogba has been before this season, but in no universe is his top level «far» higher. Higher perhaps, I am not even sure anymore! Grealish right now is world-class, who knows if he can keep it up. Few players glide through blocks like he does, on top of that is fantastic technique and goal points, every single game. Ball stuck to foot, at top speed... again, very few players have that ability. Grealish is top class and Gareth Southgate must stop messing about if he wants to keep his job.

fps

Pogba’s top level is far higher. He hasn’t hit his best form for about 18 months though. Grealish is the much more consistent player but he’s not world class yet, very very good player though.
When has Pogba ever shown this mythical top level? Don’t say the World Cup.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Fair play to him and Villa. I think most of us thought he was daft to sign a new contract and that they'd be fighting relegation this year but they have a good shot at fighting for a EL spot and he's once again looking like their main man. If he gets a big move or not he made the right choice and I hope Southgate or the FA pull their fecking finger out soon and start playing him for England.

Joeycha88

Jack is a fantastic talent. He should be on our shortlist. Just dominated Arsenal!!

marktan

Stats say last season he got 8 goals and 6 assists.

In hindsight, he looks a missed opportunity but on those stats (acknowledge the rest of his game was good too and arguably, slightly out of position), £80m looked too much.

Every player who has a great season or great start to a season, looks good in hindsight.
The thing is I watched them last season and they had no recognised striker, samatta and Davies can't finish. Graelish would've had more assists with an actual striker, its no surprise he looks better in a better team.