Jack Grealish

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
I think we saw the result of him being played 3 games in a week by England. Probably the worst I've seen him perform for Villa for 3 years. Even in saying that, he really should have had 3 assists of we could hit a barn door. Not sure how many players you can say that about. Even at his worst he was still our best player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s been very good with his creativity. 3.69 xA Expected assist but he still managed to score more than what’s expected 5 assists.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
He’s been very good with his creativity. 3.69 xA Expected assist but he still managed to score more than what’s expected 5 assists.
That one "extra" assist is probably the one for Barkley's deflected goal against Liverpool. The bit of change left I'd imagine is for Watkins' second goal in that game, where he still had a lot to do to score. Or maybe it's the other way around, not sure how these things are calculated.The other 3 assists he's had this season he's put on a plate.

Rolaholic

He's becoming quite the proper player but can't help but feel he might be a bit of a nuisance off the pitch with all these different infractions

Last edited:

Annouchez

I think we saw the result of him being played 3 games in a week by England. Probably the worst I've seen him perform for Villa for 3 years. Even in saying that, he really should have had 3 assists of we could hit a barn door. Not sure how many players you can say that about. Even at his worst he was still our best player.
That sounds exactly like Bruno! Players who can play bad but still create are worth their weight in gold.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

He's becoming quite the proper player but can't help but feel he might be a bit of a nonce off the pitch with all these different infractions
Not quite sure that's the word you meant.

DWelbz19

Ziyech's xA... That good, or just smaller sample size that will level itself out?

Becks00

Instead of having midfielder who is great dribbler but suspect defensively to play with Bruno in midfield, I would rather have someone who’s decent dribbler but still good & discipline defensively like Zakaria. A midfielder who likes to dribble and take too many touches like Grealish to play with someone who lose possession easily due to being risk taker & passer like Bruno probably will give the same Pogba’s issue all over again.
Zakaria would actually be the perfect def midfielder to play with both of them and that would be a superb midfield. Although I would hold up on signing Sancho, got a feeling the Diallo boy would be a very good player.

And for the team posted, if we hold up on Sancho, is not that far fetched to assemble if we have a capable transfer team. Pogba and Martial could be sold to fund Grealish and Haland, then Zakaria and Konate/Upamecano can be funded from the normal yearly budget. For example Pogba and Martial should get us somewhere between 100-120m, that should go some way in alleviating the cost of Haland and Grealish both should cost somewhere around 140-160m. And Zakaria and one of the other two should be somewhere around 70-100m and hopefully we can shift some of Matic, Mata, Lingard, Jones, Dalot, Romero, Rojo for a bit of cash.

Rolaholic

Not quite sure that's the word you meant.
Think nuisance is the word you're looking for.
Damn you autocorrect :lol:, got too many groupchat insults saved :nervous:

But yea his off the pitch decision making has been a bit worrying this year judgement wise. Hope he doesn't fully lean into all the Gazza comparisons because he should be on of England's star players in international competition in the coming years

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

He's becoming quite the proper player but can't help but feel he might be a bit of a nuisance off the pitch with all these different infractions
He’s just a shit driver that’s all, it has anything to do with him regarding professional footballer attitude and professionalism. He’s the captain of the club means there is a reason that he could be very well dedicated to football, to training, to his fitness that the manager can use as good set of example to others.

Although him being shit driver has something to do with him risking his life if he’s not be careful.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
He’s just a shit driver that’s all, it has anything to do with him regarding professional footballer attitude and professionalism. He’s the captain of the club means there is a reason that he could be very well dedicated to football, to training, to his fitness that the manager can use as good set of example to others.

Although him being shit driver has something to do with him risking his life if he’s not be careful.
Not to mention the lives of others.

I thought he outgrew this juvenile behaviour off the pitch. I actually prefer him going on the lash like he used to than these drunk/dangerous driving shenanigans. Get a chauffeur and call it a day Jack.

MattofManchester

I'm struggling to believe he's going to be one of those players who remains at a club for the rest of his career.

arnie_ni

Hes some player. Hazard isn't a bad comparison by Jamie carragher.

Must sign

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
He's starting to reach that level where he could be having a poor game by his standards but still have match winning contributions.

dal

Yes hazard is pretty bang on, not as good A dribbler but his total skill set more than makes up for it.

Let’s send pogba to villa in a swap deal.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
His ability to win a game is amazing. It’s hard to find game changers like him
He used to be the complete opposite. He'd absolutely run the show every game, but his stats were comparatively poor. He already surpassed his tally for the whole of our promotion season and only 4 off last seasons tally. The fact that he's still developing is incredible.

DWelbz19

The numbers are the biggest thing — I don’t think the general play was ever in doubt, it was whether or not he had enough in the final third to make the cut for the top level. He’s certainly proving that now; 5 goals and 5 assists so far this season. He managed 8 goals and 6 assists all of last season.

Edit: basically what @Winzaghi has said above.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ship Pogba in January and throw the cash at this lad. Him and Bruno ahead of a proper DM would be cheat code.

arnie_ni

He used to be the complete opposite. He'd absolutely run the show every game, but his stats were comparatively poor. He already surpassed his tally for the whole of our promotion season and only 4 off last seasons tally. The fact that he's still developing is incredible.
You have to be worried he'll be gone in the summer surely? Someone has to buy him

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
You have to be worried he'll be gone in the summer surely? Someone has to buy him
Looking that way. I guess the reassuring thing is the number of teams that can get him keeps decreasing.

arnie_ni

Looking that way. I guess the reassuring thing is the number of teams that can get him keeps decreasing.
Realistically what would you sell for?

For what its worth he seems loyal to you. If you could qualify for the Europa he might stay

Posh Red

Might be a brilliant player on the pitch, but his off field antics really put me off. We've had enough of all that this season, with Maguire and Greenwood.
All that catches up with the player at some point. Ronaldinho with all his talent, only had a peak of 2-3 seasons or so.
Some of our most successful periods have included players that had off-field issues so it doesn’t bother me much.

Gordon S

He is just different class compared to his teammates. Don`t think he will be happy there for long.
But, just how good is he? His first touch and close control just seem so effortless. Few players better in the league right now.

pascell

He'd take United up another level, now he's adding consistency to his game. He'd definitely help massively against the low block, we'd have different types and dimensions to our attack.

I wanted him in the summer as a dream signing, I'll now say he's a must, must buy. He'll soon be in that world class bracket, hopefully City and Liverpool keep their mitts off him, even though I can see both going for him next summer.

DoomSlayer

Why did he have to sign that contract? We are not paying £80 million for a single player any time soon, so I just don't see him ever playing for us. City would be able to afford it though, even during the current times, which is worrying as if Guardiola is really staying, he'd want some sort of rebuild.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Might be a brilliant player on the pitch, but his off field antics really put me off. We've had enough of all that this season, with Maguire and Greenwood.
All that catches up with the player at some point. Ronaldinho with all his talent, only had a peak of 2-3 seasons or so.
He has his moments but Young dived far more often in games imo under minimal contact when he played for us. Ironically now we get very few penalties (probablyt a good job as we're not great at them) where we used to get about 10 a season with Young and Gabby charging forward. Young then did a nice dive that won you a penalty v us late on in 11/12.