Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

enwhykiid

A great player but signing him makes the Bruno transfer very underwhelming IMO. They both occupy the most forward role in a midfield three, playing them anywhere else doesnt really work against top teams.
I think Bruno was signed as a Pogba replacement, so signing Grealish to play more forward makes sense

RedDevilRoshi

Don’t care how much Villa want for him, just get him. He’s a massive upgrade on what we already have.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I could live with £40-50 plus Lingard. If we could get Grealish on an initial outlay of less than £50m and bring him in for lower wages than Jesse that could surely be considered nothing but a victory?
I know he's a bit crap mate but I can see him going for more than that

Jericholyte2

I know he's a bit crap mate but I can see him going for more than that
I’d see Grealish as a £60m bracket player, so £40m and Lingard puts Jesse at the £20m range.

For a player with as little consistent output as Lingard i think £20m would be generous, especially given his wage demands to any buyer.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I’d see Grealish as a £60m bracket player, so £40m and Lingard puts Jesse at the £20m range.

For a player with as little consistent output as Lingard i think £20m would be generous, especially given his wage demands to any buyer.
Mino is now his agent, things are going to be a lot difficult with this guy.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Cafe never fails to amaze me. Why would Villa pay 20m for Lingard and pay upwards of 100k in wages?

Why would Grealish come for wages less than Lingard ? He should already be on minimum 80k and would definitely want to double it.

Jericholyte2

Cafe never fails to amaze me. Why would Villa pay 20m for Lingard and pay upwards of 100k in wages?

Why would Grealish come for wages less than Lingard ? He should already be on minimum 80k and would definitely want to double it.
Did you actually read my post? I’d explained that £20m would be generous and that the wages would be a stumbling block. Also noting a hypothetical of Grealish accepting reasonable wages in a similar vein to Fernandes.

thepolice123

Some of the posts here are truly muppetry at its finest. Why would we sign Grealish and play Bruno at a deeper position where he has never played before? I mean haven't we been through this enough with Pogba? He is more of a CM than Bruno or Grealish will ever be and we still struggled with his best position.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/is-pogba-being-misused-by-mourinho.435070/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/meulensteen-how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-paul-pogba.446932/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/play-pogba-number-10.450258/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ole-playing-pogba-as-a-dlp-is-sheer-idiocy.450346/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/where-to-fit-pogba.452196/

If Villa get relegated, no way Jese is going to agree to a swap deal and play the next season in the championship. Ffs wake up people :lol:

Kostov

Some of the posts here are truly muppetry at its finest. Why would we sign Grealish and play Bruno at a deeper position where he has never played before? I mean haven't we been through this enough with Pogba? He is more of a CM than Bruno or Grealish will ever be and we still struggled with his best position.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/meulensteen-how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-paul-pogba.446932/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ole-playing-pogba-as-a-dlp-is-sheer-idiocy.450346/

If Villa get relegated, no way Jese is going to agree to a swap deal and play the next season in the championship. Ffs wake up people :lol:
Not that Villa would mind and want him anyway.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Let's buy Grealish and a DM and go 4-3-3 like City do with their attacking midfielders.

----------Grealish------------Bruno---------------
-------------------------DM----------------------------

Fred, McTominay, Matic, Gomes to provide midfield options/competition.

Adamsk7

Think he’d do great as a left CM in a diamond with Fred, McT and Bruno, occasionally switching to the 10 when we see fit. There’s no out and out DM there but all four are competitive and intelligent enough positionally.

I’d much rather him than Maddison. Just seems more of a Utd player to me, got a bit of the Beckhams about him and I like that he plays with rolled down socks haha!

pascell

Have you watched Bruno before he signed for United? I'm guessing not as he played as a CM for Sporting, only 84 times.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Let's buy Grealish and a DM and go 4-3-3 like City do with their attacking midfielders.

I'm down with that and we can even go for that formation for the rest of the season with
-----------pogba---------bruno---------------
-------------------mctominy--------------------

cyberman

Have you watched Bruno before he signed for United? I'm guessing not as he played as a CM for Sporting, only 84 times.
Yeah, if you want to restrict him. Hes come alive by all accounts with the freedom of playing further forward. Its why there were meh reactions on here when we saw his Portugal performances since he does actually play deeper for them.

thepolice123

I’m talking about the deep-lying playmaker position which Pogba has played for us. Both are technically CMs but Bruno plays further up the pitch.

bond19821982

And has been pants when played there- nothing special . You will just get another midfielder who will simply recycle the ball.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What do people think he would cost? I guess he'd be sold for slightly less if Villa are relegated..

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What do people think he would cost? I guess he'd be sold for slightly less if Villa are relegated..
There was some rumor about his release clause, then Villa manager said there isn't any clause. Maybe the clause is active if they are relegated.

If they stay in PL, can't see them selling for less than 70 million.

pascell

Yeah, if you want to restrict him. Hes come alive by all accounts with the freedom of playing further forward. Its why there were meh reactions on here when we saw his Portugal performances since he does actually play deeper for them.
I’m talking about the deep-lying playmaker position which Pogba has played for us. Both are technically CMs but Bruno plays further up the pitch.
Why would it restrict him playing in a midfield 3 and pivot, with Grealish or even Pogba before the seasons out? Both would have freedom with the ball when they have it to create chances for us, whilst the other sits in and creates a 2 man midfield.

And has been pants when played there- nothing special . You will just get another midfielder who will simply recycle the ball.
23 goals and 19 assists isn't a bad return, better than what we've seen from our players in that position since the injury to Pogba.

bond19821982

Why would it restrict him playing in a midfield 3 and pivot, with Grealish or even Pogba before the seasons out? Both would have freedom with the ball when they have it to create chances for us, whilst the other sits in and creates a 2 man midfield.

23 goals and 19 assists isn't a bad return, better than what we've seen from our players in that position since the injury to Pogba.
23 goals and 19 assists is not from a CM position.

zenith

Don't think Grealish plays as advance a role as bruno does. He's more of a ball carrier with play making abilities. Can spot a good pass but also very good at transitioning into attack.

If we get him, can see him playing alongside Mctominay / DM in the role currently occupied by Fred. I feel that given both bruno and Grealish track back and press a fair bit, the system can work, especially with defensive full backs like shaw and Awb. Generally in such a system, the full backs push up the field into more central areas to support the DM, while both the AM track back to prevent counter attacks.

And before someone jumps on the 'how can we drop Fred' bandwagon, just know that in an incredibly long and intense season we need at least 5 good midfielders to play across 3 positions. Also the fact that we want to see a combined of zero appearances from lingard and Andreas next season.

Jinn

Don't think Grealish plays as advance a role as bruno does. He's more of a ball carrier with play making abilities. Can spot a good pass but also very good at transitioning into attack.

If we get him, can see him playing alongside Mctominay / DM in the role currently occupied by Fred. I feel that given both bruno and Grealish track back and press a fair bit, the system can work, especially with defensive full backs like shaw and Awb. Generally in such a system, the full backs push up the field into more central areas to support the DM, while both the AM track back to prevent counter attacks.

And before someone jumps on the 'how can we drop Fred' bandwagon, just know that in an incredibly long and intense season we need at least 5 good midfielders to play across 3 positions. Also the fact that we want to see a combined of zero appearances from lingard and Andreas next season.
Easiest way is to check his heat map and see the common areas he occupies on the pitch. Compare that with Bruno's.

Seven Seas Sardines

I trust more in Carlos Carvahal than in youse youtube jokers.

Grealish.........
Bruno
Fred​

"He (Fernandes) is not a Number 10," Carvalhal told Sky Sports.

"He is a midfielder but he has developed that ability to break the line of the defence to score goals.

“He shoots, he assists, the passes and the free-kicks. But he is not a 10, he is an 8. He is a box-to-box player who understands very well the game. He doesn't just play. He understands everything that happens around him."

beingshe7don

Grealish is a winner, won promotion from Championship last season, and he pulled that team through at times. Absolutely bonkers to say he isnt a winner, he has had far less opportunity.
Firstly, I'm a huge Grealish fan and I want him to come to United. Secondly, Grealish winning the Championship and securing promotion to the PL is good no doubt but I won't call him a winner based on that achievement. It's like calling Ole a winner since he won those trophies with Molde. Lastly, Bruno has won individual honors as well as team honors with Portugal. Once again I don't think Grealish is a less of a player but on the international side, Bruno is far more accomplished and therefore, I don't think we should be paying for Grealish more than what we did for Bruno.

romufc

Firstly, I'm a huge Grealish fan and I want him to come to United. Secondly, Grealish winning the Championship and securing promotion to the PL is good no doubt but I won't call him a winner based on that achievement. It's like calling Ole a winner since he won those trophies with Molde. Lastly, Bruno has won individual honors as well as team honors with Portugal. Once again I don't think Grealish is a less of a player but on the international side, Bruno is far more accomplished and therefore, I don't think we should be paying for Grealish more than what we did for Bruno.
He is 2 years younger, English and plays in the PL.

Teams in the PL charge £20m more because they don't need to sell. They value players as to how valuable a player is to them rather than the true value of the player.

croadyman

Fred kinda plays in a box-to-box. Fred, Grealish and Bruno would be great to fight it out for 2 positions in CM. We need a proper DM who can sit back and protect the defense or even a deep-lying playmaker. Kante would have been perfect for us who breaks up play and passes it on to the No. 8s in the team. Getting Jorginho has severely affected his style of play.

Other options would be are Partey & Ndidi. Unfortunately, Leicester are going to take us to the cleaners. So, therefore, I would get Partey in. Partey, Bruno & Grealish would be a magic midfield.
Yeah really makes me wonder what it is going to take for Utd to see the quality of this midfield, really needs someone who is close to Atletico to confirm whether or not this release clause is still active or not because if so should be all over it

thepolice123

He's an attacking midfielder who likes to come from the left, while Bruno uses his crossing ability to great extent from right midfield.
How are we going fit Rashford in the team then?

Grealish’s heatmap.

Rashford’s heatmap

Are we going to buy the next shiny object we can get our hands on, never play him at his preferred position and then lambast him publicly again?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
How are we going fit Rashford in the team then?

Grealish’s heatmap.

Rashford’s heatmap

Are we going to buy the next shiny object we can get our hands on, never play him at his preferred position and then lambast him publicly again?
His preferred position is number 8, as said by Jack himself. His heat map is irrelevant. Villa are playing him LW because that is what is best for them at the bottom of the table. We aren’t at the bottom of the table nor do we set up like one. This is constantly brought up but it’s meaningless. Look at his heat map last season playing for a top of the league side.

thepolice123

His preferred position is number 8, as said by Jack himself. His heat map is irrelevant. Villa are playing him LW because that is what is best for them at the bottom of the table. We aren’t at the bottom of the table nor do we set up like one. This is constantly brought up but it’s meaningless. Look at his heat map last season playing for a top of the league side.
He is playing his best football as a LW in top flight league, but no, we are going look at what he did in the championship. Players have an idea of their best position all the time, that is the only irrelevant thing here.

Teja

This will be nice assuming Pogba leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.