Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Like i said. His team is wank. He can’t be the star every single week. Players have poor games.
But then he is judged over his teammates. Has a quiet game? What can he do.
Plays decent? Hes head and shoulder over his teammates.. Who are shit anyway?
I can't remember a game where we came away thinkin wow, Jack ran that game.
He needs that to get into this Unites side

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Christ are people really basing his quality on one bad game against the most inform side in the league?
No not at all. But for those who are claiming he’d be a game changer and would make the step up he showed nothing tonight to suggest he can handle a truly top side.

The way we are playing at the moment £60m for him would be a joke.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
But then he is judged over his teammates. Has a quiet game? What can he do.
Plays decent? Hes head and shoulder over his teammates.. Who are shit anyway?
I can't remember a game where we came away thinkin wow, Jack ran that game.
He needs that to get into this Unites side
Without him they’d be a lot worse off and he’s had plenty of games where he’s been the best on the pitch.

People expect him to be Messi all of a sudden, he isn’t.

Pav1878

Good player, great close control, by all accounts a good character and could definitely contribute.

Looked like he's been carrying Villa all season tonight, give the guy a break

jamesjimmybyrondean

No not at all. But for those who are claiming he’d be a game changer and would make the step up he showed nothing tonight to suggest he can handle a truly top side.

The way we are playing at the moment £60m for him would be a joke.
We won't pay 60m.

dogwithabone

Wouldn’t get near our starting eleven. Good player though, I like him, but where does he fit in to this team ?

RC89

Would be happy if we could get him for 35-40m. 45m would be what I expect we'll pay but we should not move to 50m. 45 should be our ceiling for a player of his quality for a squad position.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Good player, great close control, by all accounts a good character and could definitely contribute.

Looked like he's been carrying Villa all season tonight, give the guy a break
All accounts a good character :lol:

I’m not keen on drink drivers myself.
We won't pay 60m.
You know what I’m getting at though. He’s a good player but he’s not good enough to get near our starting XI and he’s not worth big money.

He had a real chance to show something positive tonight and instead he was outshone by Douglas Luis.

RedCurry

Just isn’t good enough. Maybe he can do well at a team with ambitions of Europa but we should either be aiming higher.

future2future

Right now he'd be a good player to have to rest Pogba or Bruno. With CL, PL, and all the cups they will all play enough matches. The bench isn't strong enough to make this a real winning team, look what happened when Pogba got injured. We need solid players behind them. But not for 60 mil, 35 I'd take him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

All accounts a good character :lol:

I’m not keen on drink drivers myself.

You know what I’m getting at though. He’s a good player but he’s not good enough to get near our starting XI and he’s not worth big money.

He had a real chance to show something positive tonight and instead he was outshone by Douglas Luis.
That's my point. Lot of you are going off here like we want to get him for 60m to replace Pogba. It's as if just before the match the general opinion that he was Bruno's backup and would be cheap if Villa relegate didn't exist

RC89

Just isn’t good enough. Maybe he can do well at a team with ambitions of Europa but we should either be aiming higher.
If he's good enough for a team fighting for Europa positions, does that not qualify him as a squad player for us? Maybe not good enough to start for us consistently but the lack of creativity sans Pogba/Bruno worries me.

I do believe though that we shouldn't push the boat out too much for him. There are likely other players on the continent of similar level that we could get (e.g. VDB) who wouldn't cost too much.

NJM78

Do like him, he is currently a lot better than Pereira, Lingard and Mata. Three players we hopefully sell. Think he would be a good addition but £40m max. Maybe give them Chong on loan to sweeten the deal, as they will be in the championship next season I think Chong could do a job in that league.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Of course he's good enough, people are being very short sighted.

He's playing in a pretty trash Villa side, he started the game well and looked dangerous until the penalty, then their heads dropped.

He'd suit european football really well.

I don't see him being a Pogba replacement though, don't get that talk at all. He's not a central midfielder.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Hes a good player. Literally reminds me of the hatred Pogba gets. Everyone expects everything from him at all times.

If hes available for a good price I would take him easily. Would be wonderful for the squad if anyone goes down

pascell

Sancho, Grealish and a top CB whilst selling deadwood would be an amazing summer.

There's not much he could do tonight when some of his team mates aren't on his wavelength or skill level.

If he came he'd get plenty of games starting, there's a lot of football to play in a season if we're aiming to challenge on all fronts.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Agreed a nice squad option but on the big ocassion today looked mentally out of it and didn’t threaten at any point. Disappointing.
He's still a good player who can improve Spurs & Arsenal starting XI. Just not De Bruyne, Bruno & Pogba level.

Adamsk7

He’s good but he’s currently a step away from being a reliable first team player for us. Regardless of how bad Villa are, if he was a £50m+ player he’d be influencing games like tonight, even when his teammates heads dropped.

Maybe we’ll still go for him but he should be no more than £40m, maybe even less. Also, I can’t help thinking he’s a bit of a trouble maker....it’s just something about his face and demeanour

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
That's my point. Lot of you are going off here like we want to get him for 60m to replace Pogba. It's as if just before the match the general opinion that he was Bruno's backup and would be cheap if Villa relegate didn't exist
And I’m making the point that any talk of £60m fees should be dead and buried now.

It’s also not aimed at the general consensus which appears to be much more sensible now

Most are starting to realise he’s a squad player at best at the moment but there has to be a limit. Bruno cost us £46m and has completely changed the side. Grealish hasn’t broken into England is going to be relegated and is a knob.

If we’re paying similar fees for a squad player we need to look at why?

If Villa go down £30m is a good deal risk wise any more than that and you want guaranteed results and no problems.

RedTiger

Half mast
And I’m making the point that any talk of £60m fees should be dead and buried now.

It’s also not aimed at the general consensus which appears to be much more sensible now

Most are starting to realise he’s a squad player at best at the moment but there has to be a limit. Bruno cost us £46m and has completely changed the side. Grealish hasn’t broken into England is going to be relegated and is a knob.

If we’re paying similar fees for a squad player we need to look at why?

If Villa go down £30m is a good deal risk wise any more than that and you want guaranteed results and no problems.
Is grealish a knob? Aside from the quarantine thing has he done anything else to be considered a knob?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Forget about this guy. He’s a Man United 2018 type player. We’ve moved on from this standard now, he’s mid table.

RedCurry

If he's good enough for a team fighting for Europa positions, does that not qualify him as a squad player for us? Maybe not good enough to start for us consistently but the lack of creativity sans Pogba/Bruno worries me.

I do believe though that we shouldn't push the boat out too much for him. There are likely other players on the continent of similar level that we could get (e.g. VDB) who wouldn't cost too much.
I prefer our bench players to have a higher ceiling and/or cost much lesser than what we’ll pay for him. Dan James is an example of a decent bench player in that regard. Alternatively, I want our bench players to have a specific skill set that really sets them apart, again like Dan James and his blistering pace or Ighalo with his hold up play. We should be looking at midfielders who have much better ability on the ball.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Kane
Son Grealish RW

OR

Kane
Grealish AM Son​
I’m not sure I’d play him CAM and be confident he can perform consistently better than Dele or others.

He’s done it in the championship but I would argue it’s not clear.

RyRoc

If United are to go for him now is the time to do it whilst his stock is fairly low. Disagree with those saying you see how he does at a better club because do that and you're getting fleeced for big money next time you might want to sign him in two three years. You can sign him now for a relatively fair price and if it works out you get your money worth and if it doesn't you don't lose too much by selling him to a midtable side in a couple years. I think you either bid now or leave it.

White Fury

Another overrated englishman. No thanks. The next Jack Whilshere. We can do better.

jesperjaap

Agreed a nice squad option but on the big ocassion today looked mentally out of it and didn’t threaten at any point. Disappointing.
So you wouldnt sign him as he was poor against us today? Does that mean you would sign him when he was superb again us at Old Trafford earlier in the season then?

I think he has been poor since the lockdown but excellent most of the season before it. Think he has been an under rated player for several years until this season. I would like us to sign him I think he adds more options and competition for us in several positions we dont currently have much competition at all in and in fact have players we should be looking to move on, he covers most of those.

My only real concern in signing him is the cost and if it stops us from being able to strengthen in other areas. If we were to sign him and Sancho for example, I think that would probabl be all of our business incoming, which would still be a good window of course....However with what seems currently a big turn around in our team of unity and enjoyment from players and there better form from the likes of Martial, Matic and Pogba (staying too) and the emergence of Greenwood and possible emergence next season of the likes of Laird and Mjebri and maybe even Menghi, that maybe our priorities and targets have changed now.

As much as I like Grealish, if we are to sign Sancho and that only allows one other big signing.....I think I would maybe now rather a quality centre back as the second priority. Ideally we make four signings but even if we manage to move on several players not good enough, dont see it beign financially viable, especially if Grealish/Sancho are two of those purchases

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’m not sure I’d play him CAM and be confident he can perform consistently better than Dele or others.

He’s done it in the championship but I would argue it’s not clear.
None of Dele, Lo Celso & Lamela had done anything better than Grealish this season.

Grealish 7 goals & 6 assists in the league. If anything Spurs need him to add more creativity, they can't even create chance against Bournemouth.

CAM behind the striker was always his best position to unleash his potential, even Aston Villa fans would admit that's where he should play. He was CM/CAM in midfield 3 in the championship last season. He played on the left this season because they got no quality on the wing.

Artorias

Do like him, he is currently a lot better than Pereira, Lingard and Mata. Three players we hopefully sell. Think he would be a good addition but £40m max. Maybe give them Chong on loan to sweeten the deal, as they will be in the championship next season I think Chong could do a job in that league.
Excellent idea. In thay way Chong can get experience and we could get a bit cheaper the price of JG.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he'd be competing with Lo Celso at best. Lo Celso is younger and has probably proven more at a higher level as well.
Younger doesn't mean he's better currently. Lo Celso had 0 goal & assist in the league this season. Who knows in 3-5 years but right now Grealish is a much better player than him.

Lo Celso also been played in midfield 2 lot of time alongside Sissoko by Mourinho.

GBBQ

I’d take him in a heart beat. We’ve spent most of this season without Pogba; injuries happen but losing key players and not having ample replacements is the difference between title challenges and fading away. Just look at the options City have in midfield. There’ll be plenty of games and plenty of rotation.

Gerald G

I'd still take him but for no more than £40m. I've always had my doubts, and still do, but we require another AM.

Despite playing in the Dutch league, I'd probably take VdB over him. My issue is that I haven't seen Grealish play for a good side and I'm not sure if he can standout

Status
Not open for further replies.