Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
He's going to suffer the good player in bottom half epl team curse. Good enough to play for a top four team, but not good enough to justify the fees their team demands for him.

Clermontois

Supports
France
I'll ignore condescending bs regarding how battling the press works for the sake of healthier discussion.

I'm saying that he'll face adversity here the likes of which he never faced before and people assuming he'll just bristle through it, hitting the ground running based on his ability to dribble and get fouled? There are far too many question marks for a £80m player that's supposed to be a rotational player.

We're not looking for a player to hog the ball until he gets fouled or until he dribbles past 2 men.
Agreed with you and your point has been well made no need to continue on with others who are overrating('press resistant','one of the best dribblers in the league") the lad.

croadyman

I think my Paddy Crerand quotes about Grealish rather got lost in that e-fight

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I want another e-fight. Grealish is bringing it out of me

Yagami

Good post resistant
Agreed with you and your point has been well made no need to continue on with others who are overrating('press resistant','one of the best dribblers in the league") the lad.
If we do sign him, I can't wait for him to surprise you all as those underrating him mustn't watch much Villa. He'd end up as one of our best players in no time.

croadyman

If we do sign him, I can't wait for him to surprise you all as those underrating him mustn't watch much Villa. He'd end up as one of our best players in no time.
Yeah I totally agree with you and could see Utd structuring a deal for Jack in a similar way to the Sancho one, however does he have it in him to really push for the move or is he just happy to remain as the big fish at Villa like Le Tissier did at Southampton.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah I totally agree with you and could see Utd structuring a deal for Jack in a similar way to the Sancho one, however does he have it in him to really push for the move or is he just happy to remain as the big fish at Villa like Le Tissier did at Southampton.
I'm hoping he pushes like a woman giving birth.

Clermontois

Supports
France
I definetly dont go out of my way to watch Aston Villa play however I did see them against the top ten teams and against the bottom three; none of the attributes some people mentioned here were on display but there sure was a lot of diving and moaning to the referee.

Unless our current midfielders bar Mctominay jump ship then it is more likely we will see pigs fly than see him impress here. Overrated player who if we take him should be happy coming off the bench.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hopefully the Grealish saga doesn't go on too long, hoping for 50M + some minor add-ons, then a CB and it'll be a very good summer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Also known as the Wilfred Zaha.
you say that, but Grealish scored the same as Zaha's best ever season this year. He was playing a far worse team and Zaha basically plays up top.

Edit: sorry, that's not what you were saying at all. My bad!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Time to get some decent shorts and a proper pair of shins Jack, you're off!

croadyman

Think this will be the "saga" like transfer of the window. Even though there's plenty of Villa fans thinking its already done.
Yeah this has got transfer window saga written all over it as soon as he returns from his holiday. Maybe we will go down the £50m this year and £30m next year road with this one seeing as that seems to be how we are doing big transfers in this COVID situation.

Superunknown

Getting closer with the Sancho signing makes me think that we're a bit less likely to go for Grealish. Definitely agree with the comments here about this one potentially dragging on. I get the impression that we'll go for it, but not pay over the odds, whereas we are prepared to push ourselves with the Sancho deal.

croadyman

Getting closer with the Sancho signing makes me think that we're a bit less likely to go for Grealish. Definitely agree with the comments here about this one potentially dragging on. I get the impression that we'll go for it, but not pay over the odds, whereas we are prepared to push ourselves with the Sancho deal.
Yeah it will definitely drag on and if it looks like we aren't going to get this over the line then I am confident we will make sure there is still enough time to secure VDB instead.

E-mal

I think he's going to surprise alot of people here when we sign him and become one of our best players.

Stretender

Yeah this has got transfer window saga written all over it as soon as he returns from his holiday. Maybe we will go down the £50m this year and £30m next year road with this one seeing as that seems to be how we are doing big transfers in this COVID situation.
The moment Villa stayed up, our chances of signing him went down. I was counting on them going down, we would have got him at 40 million max. Its not possible now.

Kaos

I'll be honest, I'm not too excited about this one. Seems like the exact sort of 'big fish small pond' English player Liverpool and Spurs used to swallow up years ago.

Where would we play him exactly? Backup for Bruno or our wingers? Are we really going to splash out north of £50mill for a squad player? Granted he's definitely an improvement over Lingard and Pereira, but for the prices quoted I'd rather just let Arsenal blow the bulk of their kitty on him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I definetly dont go out of my way to watch Aston Villa play however I did see them against the top ten teams and against the bottom three; none of the attributes some people mentioned here were on display but there sure was a lot of diving and moaning to the referee.

Unless our current midfielders bar Mctominay jump ship then it is more likely we will see pigs fly than see him impress here. Overrated player who if we take him should be happy coming off the bench.
Oooooh, I hope this transfer goes through so you can see how poorly you've misjudged him!

Flytan

Dunno what it is about him but he looks like an asshole and I think our team could use someone else with that attitude. Really would want him + Sancho + CB/LB (someone who can play both maybe?)

space

Would love him here, we need the depth and he looks like he really wants to be here

Shark

@NotShark
Would love him here, we need the depth and he looks like he really wants to be here
Does he? His Twitter and Instagram seems to suggest he's going to give Villa at least another year.

wolvored

I think Arsenal or Spurs will probably end up with him, if we get Sancho. We will have 5 excellent players who can all cover 4 slots in the team. I would sooner we buy a £40-50-60 mill DM and maybe a starlet, than spend £80 mill on Grealish, providing we get Sancho.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I said we'd not pay anything over 80 to 85n for Sancho or not get him at all and it looks like I called that one badly wrong.....

But I'm still going to go out and say that if we get Sancho then we won't be getting Grealish too. 200m rouhly on 2 attacking players just seems overkill.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well now Sancho is done (almost) is this the place to set up camp for the rest of the window?

davidmichael

I still think it’s more important to get a pure defensive midfielder in as once Matic gets tired he’s awful and with him being a year older and pre season not being as normal we need to manage his game time really well yet he’s our only defensive midfielder.

Looks like Sancho should be done in the next few days which gives us a hell of a lot of time to work on other deals both incoming and outgoing. If we can get one of Smalling or Bailly, Jones, Rojo, one of Lingard or Pereira and Sanchez all out within the next month then we could get a couple more players in.

Status
Not open for further replies.