Jack Grenglish

Irrational.

What a talent. Granted, he was up against the Welsh Xavi, the Brazilian Messi, the Geordie Iniesta and the English Stampy today, he outshone them all. Alongside Delph, the pair of them were awesome. Both have great quick feet and an eye for a pass.

Has a huge future ahead of him.

Walters_19_MuFc

He dribbling style reminds me off Januzaj. Not blisteringly fast or strong, but goes past players with ease.

Super performance from the lad today. Needs to sort out those socks, though.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Seems like a nice lad too. Has he declared his nationality yet?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Seems like a nice lad too. Has he declared his nationality yet?
He's said he'll be returning to Ireland next season, whether that is with the u21s or senior side I don't know. He took this year off to focus on playing for Villa, he loves Villa more than anything. Last year, I think it was England u19s that were promising him a starting spot but he declined and said he has enjoyed playing for Ireland and wants to stay there. We'll just have to wait and see really if he will turn out for our senior side but I expect he will.

Thisistheone

I like the look of this lad. Has a nonchalant air about him. Plays with his socks down and his head up.

saivet

Played very well today. And I've just found out from twitter that he's a United fan too.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Jack Grealish had not started a game for Aston Villa prior to Tim Sherwood's appointment in February yet played a vital role in FA Cup semi-final win against Liverpool on Sunday.
The 19-year old midfielder created both goals in the 2-1 triumph at Wembley and was singled out for some special praise by his manager.

"He gave me a kiss as I came off," the Republic of Ireland u21 international said.
"I enjoyed that one. It’s one of the best kisses I’ve ever had!"
I'll give a kiss to Hogdson too if he can convince Grealish to play for England

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Jack Grealish: English FA to push Ireland for services of the dual-nationality Aston Villa player

The English Football Association will push its Irish counterparts all the way for the services of the dual-nationality Aston Villamidfielder Jack Grealish who will be eligible for the England Under-21s following this summer’s European championships.

Grealish, 19, is yet to commit his future to the Republic of Ireland despite having played in the Irish Under-21s qualification campaign, and at every level from the Under-15s on through the junior ranks. It is understood that so far the English FA have inquired about the possibility of Grealish playing for Aidy Boothroyd’s Under-20s team who will feature in the Toulon tournament at end of May.

Grealish’s stand-out performance in Villa’s FA Cup semi-final win on Sunday over Liverpool demonstrated what rapid progress he has made under Tim Sherwood. Under Paul Lambert, the club were considering sending him out on another loan spell, this time to Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers but he has flourished with the confidence his new manager has shown him in.

Grealish cannot play for another Under-21s team until the new cycle in that age group begins in the autumn. He was named Ireland’s Under-21s player of the year at an awards ceremony in Dublin last month but, speaking at the event, was vague about his intentions in the future. He said that he had told Under-21s coach Noel King that he was taking a “year out” to concentrate on his club form but would be back in contention in September.

Martin O’Neill has said that the player will not be selected for the senior squad for the big Euro 2016 qualifier against Scotland in June, which is also preceded by a friendly against England in Dublin. Ideally, for the English FA it would have Gareth Southgate select Grealish for the Under-21s’ first 2017 European championship qualifier, away to Norway on 7 September.

From then on the expectation is that the teenager, who turns 20 later that same month, would begin to challenge for the senior team. Hodgson could end the debate by calling up Grealish for the final Euro 2016 qualifier of the season against Slovenia on 14 June but is unlikely to do so. He has said in the past that he prefers dual-nationality players to commit to an England career.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...lnationality-aston-villa-player-10190827.html

Classical Mechanic

Anytime I do be chatting his cousins Jason and Jack Grealish they do tell me it's Ireland all the way with him.
I don't know where he will end up playing, but do you really believe that? He wouldn't have ever been in this situation if that were true. He is obviously torn over the decision, unless he is just using it as an excuse so he doesn't have to bother with the Irish youth teams, which wouldn't be good either.

paulscholes18

He did play well, but he did drift inside a lot though, when I thought he would be better off hugging the left side more

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Really hope he decides to play for Ireland. Hate the idea of any decent dual national playing for England just because they are the better team. Mcgeady did it, prick.

Classical Mechanic

Really hope he decides to play for Ireland. Hate the idea of any decent dual national playing for England just because they are the better team. Mcgeady did it, prick.
I kind of agree with that. I think/assume that his heart is with Ireland but his professional ambition tempts him to England. It is worth pointing out that he was born and raised in England though so it is hard to know what is going on in his head exactly.

I wouldn't begrudge him playing for England. I don't think we should take these things too seriously.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Make the decision and get the whole thing off the table. It's putting unneccessary pressure on him.

Ringo 07

Looks like Joey Essex...... Ireland need him a hell of a lot more than England do that's for sure. So would he have a better chance of getting into an International team where the competition on the wing is Ox-Chamberlin, Walcott, Raheem Sterling, Ashley Young, Adam Lallana, Milner or would he have a better chance getting into a team where the competition is McGeady and McClean? That ginger useless muppet Stephen Quinn didn't help things when calling him a plastic Paddy when Hull played Villa a good few months ago. But as a Paddy meself - honestly if he chooses England then I will wish him all the best and will hope he has a great International career for you'se. Would be chuffed though if he stuck with us as we are a bit pants right now

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Hope he picks England.. not because he necessarily loves england more but its always nice to see a top british talent play on the biggest stages.

I wonder if Giggs ever regrets his decision - I see his international career as a waste but thats probably the biased view of an englishman.

limerickcitykid

Anytime I do be chatting his cousins Jason and Jack Grealish they do tell me it's Ireland all the way with him.
Does he have much family kicking about in Galway? Do you know if his dad is from Dublin and then his parents are from Galway? I wonder who Jack supports in the gaa.

Did he tell you that is why he plays for Ireland then?

That ginger useless muppet Stephen Quinn didn't help things when calling him a plastic Paddy when Hull played Villa a good few months ago.
It was a joke.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Hope he picks England.. not because he necessarily loves england more but its always nice to see a top british talent play on the biggest stages.

I wonder if Giggs ever regrets his decision - I see his international career as a waste but thats probably the biased view of an englishman.
I don't think Giggs had a choice, there's some sort of an.agreement between the home nations I think.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
If he continues to develop and gets a big move, I'm sure the club would enforce him to wear bigger shinpads. They are not going to pay a player so many thousand pounds a week and have a target on his shins. It's a phase and he will grow out of it, probably after a broken leg.

limerickcitykid

If you're going to break your leg then you are going to break your leg. Adding an inch or two on to your shin pads ain't going to do shit. He wears them because it helps him with his dribbling and there is no point making him wear bigger shin pads that will make him uncomfortable and play worse. As a fellow child shin pad wearer I am fully behind his decision to wear them. I don't know how he wears them so low though, they are pretty much on the top of his ankle. I wear mine up just under my knee to get them completely out of the way.

Eric'sCollar

If you're going to break your leg then you are going to break your leg. Adding an inch or two on to your shin pads ain't going to do shit. He wears them because it helps him with his dribbling and there is no point making him wear bigger shin pads that will make him uncomfortable and play worse. As a fellow child shin pad wearer I am fully behind his decision to wear them. I don't know how he wears them so low though, they are pretty much on the top of his ankle. I wear mine up just under my knee to get them completely out of the way.
When he comes up against a player who doesn't give a shit or someone that doesn't like him, it's part of life, they are going to do him. Might break his leg, it might not but he will be a target, especially if he is the twat many say he is.

This idea that shinpads help him dribble is nonsense. Messi wears kids shinpads? Ronaldo?. It's a fashion, a lot of players have worn done it before, so he is well within his right to copy those players but I know when I see a player with flash boots, they are the first person I'm going to leave one on and the same will go with him with his shinpads.

Good luck to him though, I hope he doesn't suffer a serious injury but he is asking for one in my opinion.

limerickcitykid

When he comes up against a player who doesn't give a shit or someone that doesn't like him, it's part of life, they are going to do him. Might break his leg, it might not but he will be a target, especially if he is the twat many say he is.

This idea that shinpads help him dribble is nonsense. Messi wears kids shinpads? Ronaldo?. It's a fashion, a lot of players have worn done it before, so he is well within his right to copy those players but I know when I see a player with flash boots, they are the first person I'm going to leave one on and the same will go with him with his shinpads.

Good luck to him though, I hope he doesn't suffer a serious injury but he is asking for one in my opinion.
Many say Jack is a twat? Who is saying that? He is anything but a twat.

It isn't nonsense, big shin pads can get in the way and hit the ball and restrict movement. Quite a few players do wear small shin pads, Thomas Muller is one of them. Others do too but they pull up their socks higher so it is less noticeable. If anyone is a twat its people like you who purposely try to hurt people because they wear coloured boots or their socks down low.

Again, adding an inch or two on his shin pad isn't going to save him from a serious injury.

Eric'sCollar

Many say Jack is a twat? Who is saying that? He is anything but a twat.

It isn't nonsense, big shin pads can get in the way and hit the ball and restrict movement. Quite a few players do wear small shin pads, Thomas Muller is one of them. Others do too but they pull up their socks higher so it is less noticeable. If anyone is a twat its people like you who purposely try to hurt people because they wear coloured boots or their socks down low.

Again, adding an inch or two on his shin pad isn't going to save him from a serious injury.
I personally can't comment on him, have just heard a few rumours (that's all they are) but you don't often hear that about a random player.

I'm not saying he should wear hockey shinpads or shinpads with ankle guards but at least give the impression you have proper shinpads on and pull your socks up, as I said, it's just a fashion.

It's a contact sport, I'm not the only one who has gone out and tackled a player hard to rough them up. It's part of the game.

And on your last point, while that might be true. Play this card, United sign him next season and we are paying him 50k a week. A tackle goes in on the middle of his shin (you know where his shinpad should be), breaks his leg. Wouldn't you as a fan and the club as the employer be pretty pissed off that something as simple as wearing proper shinpads might have prevented it?

I know sometimes it wouldn't matter what shinpad a player has on, it might break his leg anyway and sometimes a horror tackle can go in at training and not even break the skin but the smallest of preventative measures is hardly much to ask of someone who has been heavily invested in.

AKDevil

Giggs couldn't play for England, only England Schools, as he did.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Does he have much family kicking about in Galway? Do you know if his dad is from Dublin and then his parents are from Galway? I wonder who Jack supports in the gaa.
He does here in Gort and no more than himself there's a few of them top of their game in their chosen sport as well, Jason Grealish plays hurling for Galway and is a class act and I'd say it won't be long more now until his younger brother Jack will be playing along side him. Although they play a different sport you wouldn't have to look that hard to see they are related somehow with the way they carry themselves on the pitch.