Jack Grenglish

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Most of the Irish posters here will have heard of this young lad, who is a great prospect from the recently hugely successful Aston Villa academy. Grealish has courted a lot of attention in the past 18 months or so due to the fact that he has featured for both Republic of Ireland and England underage squads (called up for England u16s at the age of 14, but didn't play, and played for the Irish u17 team before he was even selected for the u16 side).

Grealish was probably Villa's standout performer in their NextGen Series win a couple of months back when they beat the pick of Europe's youth sides. Indeed, his coaches are said to be of the opinion that he's among the best the club have ever produced. Big things are certainly expected of him and many at Villa Park expect him to be feature for the senior side very soon. He's a left-winger primarily and has shone consistently above his age group. I seem to recall Andy Cole raving about him having seen him in action for Villa's youth team not long ago.

Apologies for the lack of Youtube footage to wow people, but from what I have seen and heard of this lad, he's destined for the very top. What says the Caf?

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
From what I have seen he has very good close control and dribbling ability. Glides past players effortlessly.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
By all accounts, the lad has been doing great for Notts County on loan this season, scoring four league goals in 21 appearances. He's terrific in possession and never seems fazed, confident and patient enough to play the pass only when it's on.

I also love his Totti-esque penchant for wearing his socks low. Still only 18-years-old, it looks like Villa and Ireland have got a great prospect on their hands.

Robbie Boy

Hopefully doesn't switch his allegiance to England. Dan Crowley who is an Arsenal academy player, recently switched from Ireland to England, he looks an unbelievable prospect. Villa also have Samir Carruthers who is highly rated.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He's always been outstanding against our u18s and u21s. There's something very natural about him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/indemand-grealish-on-fast-track-to-senior-call-30075664.html

England still trying to steal him the bastards.

Jack's brother said this:
Jack spoke to petrov after his charity game which we attended today and we found out martin o'neil actually rang up petrov to ask about jack (probably because noel king put jack forward aswell). And petrov said he is ready ( Petrov was jacks coach earlier on in the season for the villa u21s) . But apparently MON felt that the irish u21 match was of more importance as it was a must win match. Very surprising tbh... just cant imagine jack getting called up to the irish senior team at such a young age. Im not expecting a call up tbf not so soon anyway.

Stan also said he mentioned to PL that he thinks Jacks ready for first team for villa and doesn't think he should be playing for a league one side. Such a legend
Seems to be having a good time at Notts County by all accounts and should be playing a part for Villa next season.

Match from a few weeks back. Scored and won a penalty.

Decotron

Some good news...

Grealish sets sights on senior call-up from O'Neill in summer

Aidan Fitzmaurice

HE HAS scored a point at Croke Park for his county but now the goal for Jack Grealish is to be a success in a different code with club and country.

Only 18 years old, Grealish is the baby of the side in the current Ireland U21 team but the gifted midfielder is also one of the bright hopes of Irish football, as he showed with some superb touches for the U21s in their midweek defeat by Montenegro in the European Championship qualifiers.

Currently on loan to League One strugglers Notts County from Aston Villa, Grealish has been mentioned in dispatches by Martin O'Neill and he has also been the subject of debate at international level, with the English FA making an attempt to lure Grealish back to the England camp recently. It was an offer Grealish refused.

Making the grade with Villa and the Ireland senior team are the long-term aims, but the Brummie lad has talents in other areas, as he had a promising career in Gaelic football in his native England.

"I got a point for Warwickshire when we got to play in Croke Park a while back," says Grealish, due to feature for Notts County against Orient today, a game the Magpies need to win to move off the bottom of the League One table.

"I loved GAA, I played from when I was eight up to 14. We had won a tournament over in England so we got invited over to play in Croke Park, it was at half-time during a senior game. I can't remember who was in the senior game but I know I scored a point and my dad was delighted with that," added Grealish, who qualified for Ireland as his father is from Dublin.

He has been talked about for some time now in England and Villa thought enough of the player to name him on the bench for a Premier League game two seasons ago when he was just 16.

KEY

He has also been sought-after at international level, hence England's bid to bring him into their fold, but he remains committed to Ireland and while a senior call-up may be in the future, he will be a key figure for the U21 side in their next campaign after the current qualifying group ended for Ireland with Wednesday's defeat.

Villa have sent Grealish out on loan to learn some more about football and with Notts County struggling at the bottom of the third tier, it's been a case of harsh lessons.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/g...or-callup-from-oneill-in-summer-30074752.html

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
:lol:

I like how that fullback (?) suddenly turns up from nowhere

limerickcitykid

Was top scorer at the HK 7-aside last year and got 5 goals this year. Should hopefully see him breakthrough at Villa next season and we should get him up with the senior national side.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think it was in last week's Sunday Times they seemed to say quite casually that he'd end up playing for us. From what I'd heard there's still a chance he'll choose England.

limerickcitykid

I don't think so. From what his brother has said on a Villa forum he is very happy in the Irish setup and he has turned down advances from England and guarantees of a starting spot for England's U19s. Martin O'Neill has also talked to him about his prospects of being called up to the senior side too.

Decotron

Dont mind negative Brophs and his posh paper! :smirk:

Quotes from Grealish after his last game with the u21's;

"Long-term, the aim is to do well with Ireland and Villa. It was very flattering to hear Martin O'Neill speak about me recently and that's a sign that I am doing something right. It was good to hear he knows who I am, Martin was first-team manager at Villa when I was on the books there, but there's no way he would have known who I was."

"I would love to play for the senior team and with all the games they have lined up for the summer it could happen, but for now I am just enjoying every game and every cap with the U21s."

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

I think he's as good as ours, we should look to cap him ASAP though. Memories of the nervy months leading to McCarthy's first full cap... Such relief when he eventually played in a full international.

Getsme

I will be very upset if he declares for England. Hope he gets on today.
Rumours are that he's going to wait to see if he's good enough for England, United and Chelsea are apparently keeping a close eye on him.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He's playing for Ireland though.
Doesn't change the fact he's English. I can understand that Ireland have given the kid a chance to impress but at the end of the day if he does choose to switch to England, you'd have to say fair enough. Not sure why you'd be 'very upset' with him choosing to play for his country. He's English at the end of the day, and perhaps thought he had a better chance of making it internationally with Ireland.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Doesn't change the fact he's English. I can understand that Ireland have given the kid a chance to impress but at the end of the day if he does choose to switch to England, you'd have to say fair enough. Not sure why you'd be 'very upset' with him choosing to play for his country. He's English at the end of the day, and perhaps thought he had a better chance of making it internationally with Ireland.
He just said he would be upset. But never mentioned he would be upset with the player. Which is fair isn't it?

Apparently his parents and grandparents want him to play for Ireland.

Count Orduck

As long as he's committed to the green shirt like Kilbane, McGeady and others in the 90s before them, then there's nothing wrong with it. An Irish father and Irish grandparents make him Irish enough. Or are Mo Farah and Chris Froome not actually British?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
As long as he's committed to the green shirt like Kilbane, McGeady and others in the 90s before them, then there's nothing wrong with it. An Irish father and Irish grandparents make him Irish enough. Or are Mo Farah and Chris Froome not actually British?
This

Señor

He just said he would be upset. But never mentioned he would be upset with the player. Which is fair isn't it?

Apparently his parents and grandparents want him to play for Ireland.
Fair enough, I read it wrong.

Hope he does switch to England, mind.

Keenst

Yeah as Randall said, I'd just be upset to miss out on such a talent, especially since he's represented us at youth level so long. Good luck to him if he goes with England but I'd much rather he didn't!

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
He's English though.
I can't believe this comment for its sheer ridiculousness.

I come from Irish parentage and I reserve the right to select my nationality as I see fit. Not be dictated to by individuals such as yourself.

Anyway Grealish looks a cracking player. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Señor

Yeah as Randall said, I'd just be upset to miss out on such a talent, especially since he's represented us at youth level so long. Good luck to him if he goes with England but I'd much rather he didn't!
Yeah, I totally understand, I read it wrong. Let us have Grealish though, we've given you St Ledger, Lawrence, Pearce and Walters, to name a few.

Señor

I come from Irish parentage and I reserve the right to select my nationality as I see fit. Not be dictated to by individuals such as yourself.

I didn't mean it that way. I meant he's English too, not that he's not Irish. Technically, he's English by nationality anyway. He has a right to switch to England if he chooses to do so.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I've heard the hype about him but haven't seen anything of him myself yet. How good do people think he can be?

Also, feck off Senor.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I didn't mean it that way. I meant he's English too, not that he's not Irish. Technically, he's English by nationality anyway. He has a right to switch to England if he chooses to do so.
He is whatever he decides to be. Which so far appears to be Irish.

Señor

I've heard the hype about him but haven't seen anything of him myself yet. How good do people think he can be?

Also, feck off Senor.
:lol:

Certainly looks a talented kid. I would be surprised if he doesn't make it as a PL footballer. Chelsea are sniffing around him apparently as well.

Keenst

I don't mean to sound ridiculous and am not saying he's nearly as talented but the way he moves and his body frame is similar to teenage Ronaldo.

Getsme

Oh FFS, he misunderstood the post.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Mo Farah lives in Britain though and has done since he was 8, Mo Farah the athlete is result of British coaching and British funded money, so why shouldn't he represent Britain?

Grealish doesn't live in Ireland, Ireland have contributed nothing to Jack Greenlish the man or footballer and i can't see Ireland have done for him to warrant Grealish representing them.

He was born in England/grown in England/educated in England/lives in England/coached by an English club which was funded by English money and plays for an English club, English as English come if you ask me.