Jack Rodwell | Sold to City

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
If Jack Rodwell was a woman you considered marrying, and you had to evaluate the pro's and con's of such a marriage, it would go approximately as follows:

He(she) would be average at cleaning, average at cooking, boring to talk with, quite stupid, not particularly pretty, a nice body but ultimately below average in bed.

buckooo1978

If Jack Rodwell was a woman you considered marrying, and you had to evaluate the pro's and con's of such a marriage, it would go approximately as follows:

He(she) would be average at cleaning, average at cooking, boring to talk with, quite stupid, not particularly pretty, a nice body but ultimately below average in bed.
what a strange post haha

you could have just said he was average

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Has Rodwell said anything about this? Is it true he was pushed out?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Rodwell is one of those players who never ever impress me, yet I read all the praises. He is the prime example in fact. I can't understand where all the hype is coming from, really. Decent, big lad, but potentially 'one hell of a player?'

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Rodwell is one of those players who never ever impress me, yet I read all the praises. He is the prime example in fact. I can't understand where all the hype is coming from, really. Decent, big lad, but potentially 'one hell of a player?'
Same here and I watched him a lot (just like you I guess) to form the same opinion.Not once I have seen an aspect of his game that made me think he'll be some player in the future.

Carl

Yeh I've mentioned a similar thing in this thread in the past.

He hasn't impressed me for a couple of years now. He looked much better at centre half as a young un.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Funny though because he looks balls at centre half nowadays, well, not the position he should be moulded for.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was forced out as the other players who would go for big money are more crucial than him right now and we still have Barkley to break through this season.

Skywarden

He is a proper footballer but I reckon he lacks the winner mentality to become a star for a title-hunting team.

Chabon

Pretty shocked by this, as far as anything is certain in football I was sure one day he'd sign for us, he's definitely been a target for a very long time. A small part of me wonders if this and the Henriquez thing is City being incredibly small-time over Van Persie, although even by their low standards that would be ridiculous

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think we dodged a bullet frankly. Injuries have hampered his progress big time and I can't see him improving without game time. Game time he won't be getting much of at City!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Wasn't friendlytramp pretty convinced that we had already signed Rodwell but were just waiting a couple years to watch his progress before we announce it, or something equally nonsense?

ICIP

Pretty shocked by this, as far as anything is certain in football I was sure one day he'd sign for us, he's definitely been a target for a very long time. A small part of me wonders if this and the Henriquez thing is City being incredibly small-time over Van Persie, although even by their low standards that would be ridiculous
We've been looking at him for about 2 and a half years according to Platt.

In this day and age scouting from club to club will be so extensive that clubs of similar stature will be looking at the same players with few exceptions. Especially a player like Rodwell who's been playing in the PL for a few years now.

Ringo 07

With Javi Garcia impressing on his debut for City today......I think its fair to say that poor Jacks career is nailed on to go the same way as Adam Johnsons has

Carl

With Javi Garcia impressing on his debut for City today......I think its fair to say that poor Jacks career is nailed on to go the same way as Adam Johnsons has
Aye. When everyone's fit he'll be 4th in the queue I'd have thought.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Well he's clocked up over 200mins for City already. The problem he's got though is the competition for places. He's fighting for a place in the first team alongside 4 other players: Yaya, Barry, Milner, Garcia.

He'll find it tough to get into the first team, but what did he expect?

Carl

Well he's clocked up over 200mins for City already. The problem he's got though is the competition for places. He's fighting for a place in the first team alongside 4 other players: Yaya, Barry, Milner, Garcia.

He'll find it tough to get into the first team, but what did he expect?
Aye but that was with Barry injured and before they signed Garcia.

Carl

True, but they had De Jong who could have played. The fact he was picked ahead of him suggests they think he's up to it.

I'll be surprised if he gets past 1000mins though this year at City.
As Prateik said, it was evident De Jong was leaving.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Yes, he left because he wanted more money than City would give him :houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier: Has nothing to do with never getting a game.
Yes, he wanted a new contract at City, but they didn't want to pay him what he thought was worth. By the end they were trying to force him out, which is why he hardly got a look in, he was one year from leaving on a free.

Ekeke

Yes, he wanted a new contract at City, but they didn't want to pay him what he thought was worth. By the end they were trying to force him out, which is why he hardly got a look in, he was one year from leaving on a free.
He hasnt played regularly since his injury. Thats why City werent keen on giving him a new contract, he wasnt in the plans. He also didnt want to leave.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

He hasnt played regularly since his injury. Thats why City werent keen on giving him a new contract, he wasnt in the plans. He also didnt want to leave.
City offered him a new contract! Six figures, he said no, as he wanted more, then he fell out of favour, the injury was coincidental.

Ekeke

How is it coincidental when he was first choice before his injury and when he came back Barry and Toure had taken over spot in central midfield and Tevez was back in City's good books to take over Toure's role off a striker. He didnt get a look in

Jimy_Hills_Chin

How is it coincidental when he was first choice before his injury and when he came back Barry and Toure had taken over spot in central midfield and Tevez was back in City's good books to take over Toure's role off a striker. He didnt get a look in
City wanted to keep him and De Jong wanted to stay. City were not happy with his wage demands and De Jong was not happy with City's proposal of remuneration. They hit an impasse and he fell out of favour. He got injured and that just compounded his situation.

I live in Manchester and have heard about the De Jong situation for the past year from City fans. What I have detailed is what has been reported in the press and what I have been told by the City fans that I talk football with. Apparently De Jong was on 40k per week, one of the lowest in the team, he thought that he should have been should have been paid much much more after being a key player the season before last, City had other ideas and they fell out.

Skywarden

Haven't seen much of him. Actually, last night was the first time I saw him live. I cannot understand what he's suppose to add to this City side based on the player he was for Everton. Anyone?

Edited for clarity.

Skywarden

I still think that he looks a talented player otherwise. If he can overcome his injury issues then I think that he will be a very good player.
His biggest flaw is his lack of concentration. If he continues like this, he'll be a liability and shipped sooner rather than later.