Jack Wilshere to leave Arsenal

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
His whole reputation is based on that one game against Barcelona years ago. Average player in reality - no better than someone like Jonjo Shelvey.

montpelier

What does he actually do that is reckoned to be so fantastic?

Reasonably good at everything apart from heading the ball. So overall, he progresses well to a certain level but nothing to make him completely outstanding.

Reputation based on hope & hype - and he's been plagued by injury & he's not very bright & he's a bellend.

Watford?

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Reasonably good at everything apart from heading the ball. So overall, he progresses well to a certain level but nothing to make him completely outstanding.

Reputation based on hope & hype - and he's been plagued by injury & he's not very bright & he's a bellend.

Watford?
I think you need to be able to watch football and understand it to see what Jack is good at.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Watford?
His whole reputation is based on that one game against Barcelona years ago. Average player in reality - no better than someone like Jonjo Shelvey.
Do people really believe this or this just because he's a rival player? No one is saying he is Modric, Pogba or Kroos but he's a top class player when he isn't injured.

R'hllor

Surprised Juve isnt drooling all over this, free transfer, pay to play option, its like their wet dream.

montpelier

I think you need to be able to watch football and understand it to see what Jack is good at.
I did (kind of) say he was good at everything - most of the very best (world class, if you like) have something (in at least one area) that totally sets them apart.

In the way that you'd say Cazorla is a far bigger loss to the Arse, for instance. Better passer, better technically, more intelligent. Much nearer to a world class footy player than Jacko.

Zoo

Think he’ll go to Palace. Hodgson loves him.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Manager bigging up his player. He certainly had the potential but we're all sick of that word paired with him.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Do people really believe this or this just because he's a rival player? No one is saying he is Modric, Pogba or Kroos but he's a top class player when he isn't injured.
No, I genuinely think it. Name a season where he's put up performances/figures befitting his reputation?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was on loan at Bournemouth and couldnt get off the bench at one point. He is talented but is clearly one of the most overrated players in a long time.

He is not a top class player at all. He had top class potential but people cant seem to move past that and realise that he has not fulfilled that potential.

I dont even remember his dominating in midfield for Arsenal for a season. Ramsey is a much better player than he is. Even when England took him to the Euros he was poor there too

Arsenal have obviously realised this now.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Apparently signing for Fenerbache next week.

To me in his present situation his agent should be sounding out all Seria A top teams (there was talk Roma and AC Milan were interested when he went to Bournemouth). That style and pace of league would suit him.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Apparently signing for Fenerbache next week.

To me in his present situation his agent should be sounding out all Seria A top teams (there was talk Roma and AC Milan were interested when he went to Bournemouth). That style and pace of league would suit him.
He's asking crazy wages (6,5/7m per year) considering his physical fitness and last years performances, he's definitely overrated…. Nobody seems interested to him in Italia.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
His hot headed-ness will take him places in Turkey.
My view too. I've occasionally thought I might clean up on red card betting in a big match, but he always gets injured for a spell so I forget about it.

No, I don't know how many times he has actually been sent off, but I know a liability when I see one.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Incredible this player. Don't know if his carreer is based on bad luck or being a bad professional off the pitch had influence.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Incredible this player. Don't know if his carreer is based on bad luck or being a bad professional off the pitch had influence.
To be fair to Jack, I'm not sure how much of an impact a bit of fags & beer could possibly have on the effects of ankle surgery.

But yeah, 5 minutes of football played since September according to Talksport. Ouch.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
To be fair to Jack, I'm not sure how much of an impact a bit of fags & beer could possibly have on the effects of ankle surgery.

But yeah, 5 minutes of football played since September according to Talksport. Ouch.
The problem is he had a lot of injuries. Ok he might be the most unlucky guy in the world, but there were always rumours regarding his professionalism, if that is true or not...

Mick321

I can’t believe a player with a huge history of injuries is going to spend most of the season injured. No one could have known!

Football clubs really make some dumb decisions sometimes. They’ll take Welbeck and Sturridge too over the next few years.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
West Ham are great to watch without him so doubt he will be missed by anyone.

Should probably move to one of the retirement leagues (USA/China) next season and get a final paycheck. Somehow he's only 26 but I seriously doubt his legs will last more than 2-3 years. Or just do the sensible thing and retire now, what exactly is the point of constant extensive rehab periods when you'll only break like a glass some weeks later?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
West Ham are great to watch without him so doubt he will be missed by anyone.

Should probably move to one of the retirement leagues (USA/China) next season and get a final paycheck. Somehow he's only 26 but I seriously doubt his legs will last more than 2-3 years. Or just do the sensible thing and retire now, what exactly is the point of constant extensive rehab periods when you'll only break like a glass some weeks later?
For £80k a week or whatever he's on, I'm sure I could think of a few reasons :D