Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

Holiday in the US so stock market is closed. Tomorrow is Sancho Day.

el3mel

I see we're starting the "impending bid" phase ?

When will the "48 hours" phase begin ?

So excited ! Have never seen such saga before.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
I'd say there's a decent chance he gets announced on Friday June 4th before the fan forum if nobody tells Phelan first and it suddenly leaks earlier. We'll get maybe Jadon, but at least Ole contract extension (I know some disagree, but it will happen so), Pogba new contract and some investment plan to make repairs to Old Trafford.
This will get the panties dropping fo sho

Last edited:

Cantonagotmehere

They want to sell for 80, why cant we put in a bid and close the deal...

I know its not FM but 5 signins in 1 summer cant be that tough for a club like UTD (except Grealish other signings would be easy to get)

Sancho(80) + Grealish(70) + Saul(40) +Aarons(30) + Varane(50) = 270 + If possible Lewondosky as a free agent
Martial(50) -Pogba(50)- Jesse(20) -VDB(40)-DDG(50)-Perrera (10)-Dalot(10)-Lindelof(30)=+260

With a net 10M budget we will have this

----------------------------------------------------------Cavani/Greenwood-------------------------------------------
-------Rashford/James -------------------- Bruno/Hannibal ---------------------Sancho/Amad-----
--------------------------------------Grealish/Fred----------------Saul/MCT-------------------------------------------

------Shaw/Telles------------Varane/Axel------Maguire/Baily----------------------AWB/Aarons--------

----------------------------------------------------Henderson/Heaton-----------------------------------------------------
I like this a lot, as a squad, but I don't think Pogba goes or Saul comes. Also need more defense. Play McTominay and Rashford (hurt) starts on bench with Pogba back with McT?

Fun to dream....

beingshe7don

Can't wait for him to sign and for the moderators to lock this thread.... sick and tired of the same discussions for the past 2 years.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I like this a lot, as a squad, but I don't think Pogba goes or Saul comes. Also need more defense. Play McTominay and Rashford (hurt) starts on bench with Pogba back with McT?

Fun to dream....
I don't like this squad. Grealish is more of an attacker and martial on his day is a better option than james. Midfield looks too flimsy. I actually would like a formation change from Ole because I don't think he has the right players for a 4231.

I want to see Utd get their business done early. I don't want Ole to have any excuses for next season / pre-season. His balls are on the block next year.

Teja

They want to sell for 80, why cant we put in a bid and close the deal...

I know its not FM but 5 signins in 1 summer cant be that tough for a club like UTD (except Grealish other signings would be easy to get)

Sancho(80) + Grealish(70) + Saul(40) +Aarons(30) + Varane(50) = 270 + If possible Lewondosky as a free agent
Martial(50) -Pogba(50)- Jesse(20) -VDB(40)-DDG(50)-Perrera (10)-Dalot(10)-Lindelof(30)=+260

With a net 10M budget we will have this

----------------------------------------------------------Cavani/Greenwood-------------------------------------------
-------Rashford/James -------------------- Bruno/Hannibal ---------------------Sancho/Amad-----
--------------------------------------Grealish/Fred----------------Saul/MCT-------------------------------------------

------Shaw/Telles------------Varane/Axel------Maguire/Baily----------------------AWB/Aarons--------

----------------------------------------------------Henderson/Heaton-----------------------------------------------------
Think you're underestimating how hard it is to move players on, esp. when they're no longer needed at a club. The only time we ever broke the 100M on player sales was when we sold Ronaldo. The thing also though is that we don't have to have a netspend of 10M. Pretty sure we'll spend 100m+ net this year, so your incomings could still happen even if we don't get as much from player sales.

DDG His contract is going to be super hard to move, so we're stuck with him for the forseeable future. Noone's paying 350k p/w, so if he leaves it'd have to be close to a free for it to work out for the buyers. It'll probably end up being another Sanchez-like deal if we're lucky. Personally, I think there's still a great keeper in there, struggling with mental issues. Competition between Henderson / DDG next year will push both players into getting better (£0)

Pogba: Normally we'd probably get 50m for Pogba with 1 year left on his contract but given most clubs are still coming out of Covid induced financial woes, I dunno. I think he's another one that might stay for another season and leave on a free. I think PSG / Chelsea could afford it though and he'd improve both teams, so let's put that down as £50m.

Martial: Again the big wages get in the way a bit. Spurs currently pay Kane 200k p/w while we pay Martial 250k p/w. No chance in hell that they'll match his wages, so realistically he'd have to take a 100k p/w hit to leave which, knowing football players, they'd never agree to. £20m tops.

Lingard: £20m
is realistic. Maybe a bit higher as well.

VDB: Both club / player I think made statements that they'll stick around for another year atleast. Don't think anyone will buy for 40m (£0)

Pereira:
Free / Minimal amounts (£2.5M)

Lindelof: Don't think he's going anywhere. He's had a fairly successful partnership with Maguire and it'll be one of Bailly / Jones who has to leave first. (£5M)

Dalot: £10M
is realistic.

Total: ~£90M

CG1010

I don’t want to give the fecking Mail a click if I don’t have to, are there any rumoured transfer fees in there?

The former Manchester City academy graduate could command a fee close to Paul Pogba's British record £89 million and United will only be in a position to make one mega-signing due with the club having lost £150million in the pandemic and no guarantees so far of stadiums being allowed to operate at full capacity next season.

RkkMan

This is from Chelsea's correspondent from The Athletic.

Last edited:

flappyjay

All this talk of Sancho coming in to compete with Rashford as a LW makes me feel sick.

If I wanted a player to compete with Rashford then I’d go for grealish because they are two complete opposites in style.
Thing about Sancho is he class on the left and very good on the right. He is going to bring competition to both wings.

Swedish_Plumber

Sign him a CM and a CB quickly. Then bring Ronaldo in and every team should just give up. In return we can give them the league cup to fight for, quadruples are for losers.

Sign him a CM and a CB quickly. Then bring Ronaldo in and every team should just give up. In return we can give them the league cup to fight for, quadruples are for losers.
Would be the perfect time for a big Summer to build on this progress. Sancho, Ronaldo, Saul and a CB would actually be “cheap” and more importantly for United, quite simple signings in terms of bolstering this squad with some immense talent.

Therefore I fully expect it not to happen.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm getting my covid jab Friday morning, sweet sweet vaccine nectar and the signing of Sancho. I'm crying.
Sorry to break this to you but he will have probably made his debut before Friday.

redshaw

He wants to play in our rickety old stadium over the posh west London pad?

Lynty

Think you're underestimating how hard it is to move players on, esp. when they're no longer needed at a club. The only time we ever broke the 100M on player sales was when we sold Ronaldo. The thing also though is that we don't have to have a netspend of 10M. Pretty sure we'll spend 100m+ net this year, so your incomings could still happen even if we don't get as much from player sales.

DDG His contract is going to be super hard to move, so we're stuck with him for the forseeable future. Noone's paying 350k p/w, so if he leaves it'd have to be close to a free for it to work out for the buyers. It'll probably end up being another Sanchez-like deal if we're lucky. Personally, I think there's still a great keeper in there, struggling with mental issues. Competition between Henderson / DDG next year will push both players into getting better (£0)

Pogba: Normally we'd probably get 50m for Pogba with 1 year left on his contract but given most clubs are still coming out of Covid induced financial woes, I dunno. I think he's another one that might stay for another season and leave on a free. I think PSG / Chelsea could afford it though and he'd improve both teams, so let's put that down as £50m.

Martial: Again the big wages get in the way a bit. Spurs currently pay Kane 200k p/w while we pay Martial 250k p/w. No chance in hell that they'll match his wages, so realistically he'd have to take a 100k p/w hit to leave which, knowing football players, they'd never agree to. £20m tops.

Lingard: £20m
is realistic. Maybe a bit higher as well.

VDB: Both club / player I think made statements that they'll stick around for another year atleast. Don't think anyone will buy for 40m (£0)

Pereira:
Free / Minimal amounts (£2.5M)

Lindelof: Don't think he's going anywhere. He's had a fairly successful partnership with Maguire and it'll be one of Bailly / Jones who has to leave first. (£5M)

Dalot: £10M
is realistic.

Total: ~£90M
Realistic assessment in my opinion. Though I don't think Martial will be going anywhere, out goings should come close to paying for Sancho. Hopefully we'll have another £100m to spend on a CB and CDM. Though in all honesty, i'd blow it on Grealish and make do elsewhere.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Quite hilarious if this can't be done before Euros. They know the price, the personal terms are agreed.

romufc

Same thing happens every summer with United. Alot of media statements / rumours about the players we will sign etc. The fans get excited, 2 months later its all doom and gloom.

Last summer started of with selling Sanchez, agreeing personal terms with Sancho and then it went downhill.

We have to remember this is still the incompetent board of United.

Sancho has been worked on for almost 18 months now, if they want this done it is a very simple deal to do.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I wonder what we are going to do here. Are we waiting until the Euro ends to make sure Sancho doesn't get serious injury or we are just going to make this quick before or during the Euro.

We are showing our interest since 2019 summer, Sancho knows very well which club and manager who want him more.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wonder what we are going to do here. Are we waiting until the Euro ends to make sure Sancho doesn't get serious injury or we are just going to make this quick before or during the Euro.

We are showing our interest since 2019 summer, Sancho knows very well which club and manager who want him more.
Are the Euros more dangerous than any other type of match?

Nickelodeon

Why do people feel like its happening any time soon? What are the indicators?

Status
Not open for further replies.