Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

What's a solidarity payment? Never heard of that before.
It's a thing that allows clubs that develop academy players to get a portion of future transfers as long as the player is active. Don't remember how long it lasts though so uncertain if it's entire career. Sancho was part of both Watford and Man City's academy so they get a cut of the transfer fee that Dortmund would get.

When we signed Pogba from Juventus, his previous club Le Havre would have gotten a small cut of that from Juventus.

roseguy64

Agreed. I'm hoping we sell Pogba and use the money plus dangle Martial as bait to buy a top class striker. Between moving both players on, we should be able to get Haaland or Kane.
That will not happen this summer.

croadyman

Agreed. I'm hoping we sell Pogba and use the money plus dangle Martial as bait to buy a top class striker. Between moving both players on, we should be able to get Haaland or Kane.
I fully expect signing a replacement for Edi to be the focus next summer and possibly either a DM/CM (whichever we don't manage to get this summer after sales because feel a bit more optimistic of getting one)

jesperjaap

True. It just feels like we need to strengthen at striker given Cavani is basically a one and done at this point, and no one else is remotely good enough to be our main striker. Therefore I was hoping for someone like Haaland or Kane. Maybe next summer.
A big injury or succession of niggling ones to Cavani is a concern of course. That is why personally I wouldnt be selling Martial this summer anyway. I think he is definately a good option as a back up striker despite his consistency problems and I would expect some sort of assimilating Greenwood as a striker over the course of a season. Week in week out without Cavani would be a concern, but that goes for most top sides in the league without there main striker. As a trio of options for one postion, I actually think in the short term at least, we are pretty strong, its next summer when Martial should be sold and Cavani probably moves on a new striker is definately needed regard less of whether or not Greenwood comes to the fore over this season as a striker. Haaland or Kane would have been great this summer, but in terms of priorities and the probable prices, I think its right down the list of what we should do at the moment

TsuWave

now renew Pogba and bag Camavinga and I'll start thinking we're a serious club again

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
now renew Pogba and bag Camavinga and I'll start thinking we're a serious club again
Pogba is almost certainly leaving and tbh there isn't really a spot for him in in starting 11 long term. We've replaced him and moved on as a club.

macheda14

Greenwood

Sancho Hannibal Amad

Worst case scenario, we are definately winning the U23 tournaments for a couple of years. I can only think of the big two SPanish side with young attacking prospects to rival those four
In a few years time

Greenwood/Hugill
Rashford/Sancho - Hannibal/Shola - Sancho/Amad
Camavinga - Bellingham

E-mal

Pogba is almost certainly leaving and tbh there isn't really a spot for him in in starting 11 long term. We've replaced him and moved on as a club.
:lol::lol::lol:we have a very poor midfield, how have we replaced him?
McFred are not good enough to start, period!

krentz

so we are paying Dortmund for same amount of money Arsenal paid for Pepe? :lol: TOLD you Dortmund aredespera te after they recorded 100M loss due to covid, they NEED sancho's money. :D

criticalanalysis

I made some comments about being underwhelmed by his England performances but can't say I'm unhappy about this :D

I hope this means Ole will reign in Bruno's position and ask him to drop deeper to support the midfield more. Hopefully with Sancho as a playmaker/goal scorer on the right, we don't have to play this suicidal and ill fitted 4-2-4 formation at times.

TsuWave

You guys write fantiction with some much conviction. Bet you thought you were Tolkien when you were typing this post

Bondi77

Sancho and Haaland are good friends.

In no way am I suggesting signing Sancho means signing Haaland down the road, but maybe I am a little bit.
Ronnie and Rooney were good mates and Tevez was as well, it has nothing to do with where they end up playing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Fair play to the Murtough and the rest of the front office, that's a heck of a fair deal for this sort of profile of a player. I'm shocked they agreed to 5 installments as well after how stubborn they seemed last year
I think Woodward did his financial due diligence last year and figured that Dortmund would be desperate for money and they thought they would be more than willing to negotiate.

So either Dortmund thought the following financial year would improve for the better (and were very wrong) or/and Woodward knew they would be more flexible the following year.

He called their bluff then.

Thats why last year's bravado, bluster and name-calling turned out to what it was, a front. They must have known that they could squeeze Dortmund down quite a bit because Dortmund was completely silent through the process this summer.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Ronnie and Rooney were good mates and Tevez was as well, it has nothing to do with where they end up playing.
I mean, it's not the be all and end all, but it a factor.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
To:
Bundesliga Solidarity Group,
Jan Farts,
Dortmund,
.mica

Subject : You love to see it

You love to see it.

Best regards,
You love to see it.

Don't you think it's sort of crazy to aim to basically change our whole attacking engine at once? We have one glaring hole in RW, but other than that our attack is where we're best. I'd way prefer to focus on 2 or 3 players in priority positions. Giving Cavani a new contract just before we buy a £120m striker reeks of the type of poor planning that derails squad harmony and that we have been criticising the board for for ages.

I think Haaland will stay at Dortmund this summer. If we get this summer right with a cdm and a cb to follow Sancho that feels like our team is actually being built in a considered, intelligent way (and it's been a long time since we've been able to say that). Then we will be really well placed to come in for Haaland (who I think is a better fit for us than Kane) when Cavani leaves, and we can also potentially look at replacing pogba when we aren't also trying to fill gaps all over our first team.

Reactions: mazhar13

alexthelion

It's a thing that allows clubs that develop academy players to get a portion of future transfers as long as the player is active. Don't remember how long it lasts though so uncertain if it's entire career. Sancho was part of both Watford and Man City's academy so they get a cut of the transfer fee that Dortmund would get.

When we signed Pogba from Juventus, his previous club Le Havre would have gotten a small cut of that from Juventus.
Thanks.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Don't you think it's sort of crazy to aim to basically change our whole attacking engine at once? We have one glaring hole in RW, but other than that our attack is where we're best. I'd way prefer to focus on 2 or 3 players in priority positions. Giving Cavani a new contract just before we buy a £120m striker reeks of the type of poor planning that derails squad harmony and that we have been criticising the board for for ages.

I think Haaland will stay at Dortmund this summer. If we get this summer right with a cdm and a cb to follow Sancho that feels like our team is actually being built in a considered, intelligent way (and it's been a long time since we've been able to say that). Then we will be really well placed to come in for Haaland (who I think is a better fit for us than Kane) when Cavani leaves, and we can also potentially look at replacing pogba when we aren't also trying to fill gaps all over our first team.
Yes, I don't think we're buying a striker in this summer in any case. Sancho the player, just doesn't excite me that much. Not sure why, other than the suspicion he may wind up a Depay like disappointment a few years from now.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Putting deadline in order to get more money but ended up getting less money the year after. Good plan. Bezt club in da world at dealing with transfer.

bosskeano

Unless the family have something against Ole or United (because of Keane) then I can't see any reason why he wouldn't come.
i think his dad wants him playing at Madrid but you know City will be in for him and offering a shit ton of cash

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Both are winners who won’t put up with anything less. It would be a very positive move but I’d say the money will be going back into the striker kitty for next summer. Gotta be Haaland once Cavani bows out. I seriously doubt we can afford Kane along with the players we already seem to be in for this summer. That would be 300 million with Cavani and Greenwood also needing games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
:lol::lol::lol:we have a very poor midfield, how have we replaced him?
McFred are not good enough to start, period!
Pogba rarely plays in midfield, and when he does, we are horribly unbalanced. We've replaced him with Bruno as an attacking midfielder and then his added creativity and build up that he provided out wide has now been replaced by Sancho. So yeah...in the 4231 that Ole plays, with Rashford/Greenwood and Sancho wide, Bruno as the 10, Pogba just doesn't work in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.