Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
People are deluded themselves if they think he will come good. Half an hour of watching him play for United and you can see he isnt cut out for this level.

We need to cut our losses and sell him in January. Then use the funds to buy a RB or DM.

cyberman

I called this after the Spurs game. Imagine Sancho getting the space AWB does in a back 3. He could be phenomenal and it’s a huge question for the opposition to solve

Baxter

Pretty damning indictment on the scouting team and coaching staff.

You don’t pay £70m for a player, to them play him in a position he’s never played before.

Ibi Dreams

If he actually plays as right back then we've spent £120m on two right backs, one who can't defend and one who can't attack

gajender

And an even bigger issue defensively for us. Wingbacks still have to defend too
Not to mention Sancho isn't the quickest either and is more of a playmaker and the reason AWB gets that kind of space is because he is useless on the ball put anybody decent there they won't be given same kind of leeway by the opposition .

Classical Mechanic

I called this after the Spurs game. Imagine Sancho getting the space AWB does in a back 3. He could be phenomenal and it’s a huge question for the opposition to solve
I don't have much of a problem with it either. Full back used to be the position for failed wingers but in the modern game they're key attakers, see Trent, James etc. If he can do it is a different question.

El Jefe

I call bullshit, not even our coaching staff is inept enough to try out something so ridiculous.

I don't care if it's The Athletic reporting it, I can't believe that until seen on the pitch at which point Ole and his coaching staff should be sacked on the spot.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I call bullshit, not even our coaching staff is inept enough to try out something so ridiculous.

I don't care if it's The Athletic reporting it, I can't believe that until seen on the pitch at which point Ole and his coaching staff should be sacked on the spot.
Its most likely true to be honest

red4ever 79

Makes perfect sense. Let's take one of the most creative wingers in Europe and turn them into a RWB. Hasn't even played as RW for us, never mind wing back

the_cliff

So we bought him to be our long awaited rw :lol: :lol:

But Ole can't run that tactic without us conceding 5 so he's going to have to turn into a rwb. Disgraceful.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This is what happens when a manager is under pressure , he loses the fecking clue.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I watched winger who is not really that good in defending like Carrasco and Odoi being used as wingback by Simeone and Tuchel. So it's not like it's impossible to play Sancho as wingback depends on how you are using him for in that 352, the coach could instruct him not to drop deep in defense too much and use McFred to cover for him or something like that. But this requires very detail coaching which I doubt we have someone who are capable to transfer this imagination into reality. This really is like experimental, trying many different things.

cyberman

And an even bigger issue defensively for us. Wingbacks still have to defend too
But you could adjust for that? Who would even attack down his side if they leave the other side of the pitch open for them?
I’ve said this since CHO was moved back there for Chelsea. Any world class winger with an ounce of defence acumen would be lethal in those wide positions. It’s just that every other team doesn’t have the spare world class wide man to fill in.
Wingbacks are usually caught out up field anyway, they’re weirdly asked to do less defensively as WB

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
But you could adjust for that? Who would even attack down his side if they leave the other side of the pitch open for them?
I’ve said this since CHO was moved back there for Chelsea. Any world class winger with an ounce of defence acumen would be lethal in those wide positions. It’s just that every other team doesn’t have the spare world class wide man to fill in.
Wingbacks are usually caught out up field anyway, they’re weirdly asked to do less defensively as WB
CHO plays there when James isn't available and Chelsea didn't buy him for a lot of money to play for a completely different position.

Truth be told, it'd be kinda humiliating for him too. Besides this formation with wingbacks is something Ole has stumbled upon, they never planned for it. This is all a big joke. I swear if we had played and beaten Spurs with any other experimental setup, it'd be the one tried vs Atalanta and City too.

Nothing is planned by Ole and his team, just pure fecking luck when some things work in some games. Tuchel has earned a lot of cred to try stuff like that. Ole cannot even get the basics right in terms of collective pressing/defending/attacking.

Roboc7

Sancho as a wingback, Mctominay as a sole holding midfielder I really hope their not that stupid and it’s just rumours but who knows.

Simple fact is Ole would have been better keeping Dan James rather than buying Sancho. James would have been starting most weeks and he fits Ole’s simple, defensive tactics but Sancho never will.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
CHO plays there when James isn't available and Chelsea didn't buy him for a lot of money to play for a completely different position.

Truth be told, it'd be kinda humiliating for him too. Besides this formation with wingbacks is something Ole has stumbled upon, they never planned for it. This is all a big joke. I swear if we had played and beaten Spurs with any other experimental setup, it'd be the one tried vs Atalanta and City too.

Nothing is planned by Ole and his team, just pure fecking luck when some things work in some games. Tuchel has earned a lot of cred to try stuff like that. Ole cannot even get the basics right in terms of collective pressing/defending/attacking.
I don't see the luck, we only won one of those games and dominated none of them.

Nico87

I don’t understand the logic of using this specifically against teams that “sit deep”. If they’re sitting deep, why do we need 5 at the back?

Walters_19_MuFc

What's funny is, Daniel James, who we sold, would have been much better suited to this wing back role than Jadon Sancho, who is more of a playmaking winger than a direct one.

Going forward, Ole needs to revert back to the 4231 and give him a run of games on the right. He hasn't even had the chance to build an understanding with any of the full backs yet. Put him down the right, with Rashford or Lingard on the left and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.