5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart89

Really, really happy for him to get that goal. Happy to not have jumped the gun and slagged him off during the previous management. Whoever comes in has a fine player at their disposal.

RPT_Reddevil

Been excellent for the past 2 games. Very well deserved goal for him today. Hope it opens the floodgates for him in terms of goals and assists that we usually associate with Sancho of Dortmund.

Best outfield player tonight. His touch, passing, shooting, crossing everything were just incredible. Long may this continue.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Ben won't chill well this Sunday, Jadon is gonna toast him.

tjb

Unpopular opinion: Martial and our lack of a RW made Greenwood look much better than he really is outside of finishing.

I'd rather we give Sancho a run of games on the right.
As a winger yes, but as a player, I don't think so. Greenwood has clearly come on leaps and bounds. As a forward, he is already a fantastic player. However, he's not a winger, and especially due to how static our midfield 2 can be, that is what we need. He doesn't have the ability to consistently beat his man or create space for himself to drive the ball to the box. He's not very inventive. He's creative for a forward, but not for a winger. It's pretty clear his future is as a 9 or a second striker; in some systems maybe even as an inside forward, but not a winger expected to support the team in possession or creatively.

Sancho is a winger. He's the creative force we need that can work possession and chances. Unfortunately, I don't actually believe Ole knows how to get wingers into favorable positions. If you watch most teams, their team, not just the individual, creates the avenues and platform for the wingers to cause havoc. At United with Ole, the only way to get favorable possession is moving centrally, which is a far too congested space to spark the type of magic we expect from wingers. Our fans talk so much about how the players that we have don't get enough of the ball and hence blame them instead; I feel that the attackers ( and moreso the wide players) have to fight way harder on a game to game basis to get involved in games due to how we were structured. Rashford was the only one under Ole to provide consistent performances; that was due to his amazing off runs of the ball more than anything else. If not, our wingers are usually trapped having to fend off 2 to 3 opposition players every game.

The_Midfielder

Adds so much more to the right wing than Greenwood does as we've seen tonight. Not hating on Greenwood but this is why Ole should've been playing Sancho all along.
Even before the goal, he was having his moments and looked like our best attacking player. There's so much potential with his passing & link up play, he just needs the right coaching set up and teammates on the same wavelength to excel. Really happy for him that he finally got his first goal for the club and the coaching staff should support him by giving him more starts & playing time.
He has a pretty good cross too

Thiagoal

Adds an important element to our attack that links it to our midfield. Not sure why people have felt the need to use his performance as an excuse to criticise Mason though who’s performances have been fantastic for a boy his age too!

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
As a winger yes, but as a player, I don't think so. Greenwood has clearly come on leaps and bounds. As a forward, he is already a fantastic player. However, he's not a winger, and especially due to how static our midfield 2 can be, that is what we need. He doesn't have the ability to consistently beat his man or create space for himself to drive the ball to the box. He's not very inventive. He's creative for a forward, but not for a winger. It's pretty clear his future is as a 9 or a second striker; in some systems maybe even as an inside forward, but not a winger expected to support the team in possession or creatively.

Sancho is a winger. He's the creative force we need that can work possession and chances. Unfortunately, I don't actually believe Ole knows how to get wingers into favorable positions. If you watch most teams, their team, not just the individual, creates the avenues and platform for the wingers to cause havoc. At United with Ole, the only way to get favorable possession is moving centrally, which is a far too congested space to spark the type of magic we expect from wingers. Our fans talk so much about how the players that we have don't get enough of the ball and hence blame them instead; I feel that the attackers ( and moreso the wide players) have to fight way harder on a game to game basis to get involved in games due to how we were structured. Rashford was the only one under Ole to provide consistent performances; that was due to his amazing off runs of the ball more than anything else. If not, our wingers are usually trapped having to fend off 2 to 3 opposition players every game.
I'm really sorry that I have to break this to you, but Ole is not your manager anymore.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I love how averse to losing possession he is. I want more players who hate losing possession.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Great game from him. Showed what we've been lacking since...I don't know when.

His technical ability is outstanding.

lex talionis

Superb performance by Sancho. And it’s still only at maybe 60% of what he’s already proven he can do.

RuudTom83

Happy for the lad...we wont see fully what he is capable of doing until he's grabbed a few more goals and assists. But the last 2 games have been promising.

Keep it up Jadon.

arthurka

He was good, still think he should have scored that sitter though. Great to see him getting there.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Was gutted for him when he missed that first chance after great work, buzzing for him with that finish at the end. Good times ahead with this player, especially once we sort out the RB issue.

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I told you so on numerous occasions how he is one of the best soccer players I have ever seen at Borussia. Maybe he is one of the players that needs to feel the love. But he is definitely world class if he gets traction for his immense abilities.

lost7

So happy for him, he can secure that right wing for the next 10 years for us if he delivers on his potential

Gandalf

Time to move Greenwood inside and give Sancho the RW with Amad and Elanga available as back ups. Greenwood could get minutes by us letting Cavani go in the window which is starting to look like the sensible option as he is only here a few more months and earning mega wages to not play.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I told you so on numerous occasions how he is one of the best soccer players I have ever seen at Borussia. Maybe he is one of the players that needs to feel the love. But he is definitely world class if he gets traction for his immense abilities.
yep.

he played well against bayern, psg, barca etc etc.

it was always a case of him settling in, getting fit and being confident.

fans on here expecting players to perform instantly like it’s fifa ultimate team or something daft.

No doubt they’ll be raving about him over the next few seasons.

predator

Youth NITK
Winning tonight was the main thing and seeing Ronaldo score just as good but seeing Sancho get a goal was just as important for me moving forward.

The way he feints past players and wrongfoots them despite playing as a right footed right winger, tonight, is crazy. Alot of people, on here and in my social sphere expected him to be this rapid winger but those who have watched him at BD knew he is a player who needs the ball at his feet.

I'm generally bitter watching footballers thinking I could do better if I stuck to it but when I see the likes of Sancho dropping his shoulder and feinting against internationally established defenders I accept that I wasn't good enough. He is not only technically great but physically he is capable of moving past them. That is scary and any top level manager will see this and turn him into a monster.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Time to move Greenwood inside and give Sancho the RW with Amad and Elanga available as back ups. Greenwood could get minutes by us letting Cavani go in the window which is starting to look like the sensible option as he is only here a few more months and earning mega wages to not play.
I reckon the "cavani is not respected" thread needs to be bumped.

MUFC OK

I reckon the "cavani is not respected" thread needs to be bumped.
Yep, absolutely no way we should let him go. World Class when fit, plus him and Ronaldo in a front 2 is a great option, especially with crosses from the likes of Telles and Sancho.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Made me very happy today. The first half was horrible all round form all of us, because we were lost and couldn't get near to the ball, but he seemed to be eager to win the ball, so I think the next manager will be happy to work with him, because the talent is there, just need to impose more on the game when we are chasing the ball.

Going forward, seems very promising he can really play from the right. his crossing is superb and very sharp, so I think he should defo be used there since ROnnie and Edi will take advantage from this, and the rest we have seen, neat dribbling and interplay along with a superb finish.

But :lol: at all people already saying he's better on the right than Greenwood who had at least 20 games like that there. Different players and styles butwe shoul dbe happy we can rotate Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood based on their form and game plan.. all of them will have plenty of time and dumps in form..

Also please cash in on Martial, would take 10 million for him and let him go, even Lingard would do better these days, much better ball winner but eventually should be replaced by Elanga.

Guapa

Man of the match along with David.Starting to show what he's capable of.Should be starting more often than not from now on.

TsuWave

Entirely possible that we generally consider him to be our best / most valuable player a year from now
said this before and still tick by it:

he'll likely end up being the best bit of business we've done this summer
he’s 21 and has already had 3 consecutive seasons in which he was one of the top wide creators in the game

lex talionis

RW is officially, after all these years, sorted. But it will be interesting to see whether Amad is developed as Sancho's backup or whether Greenwood stays there. The sensible path forward is to commit to Greenwood's development at CF, which of course means releasing Cavani in January.

meamth

His trademark sudden burst of acceleration is something else. He can go any direction and surprise defenders!

He did that twice tonight, and both of that moment of brilliance created chances.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That finishing is just superb. So nonchalant but just unstoppable. It reminds me of Shearer's style.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even forgetting his creativity, just having someone who progresses the ball as well as Sancho on our right-flank should help balance the team a bit. With AWB offering so little in that regard from RB where Shaw is much better at it on the left, having Sancho at RW makes so much more sense. Greenwood is class, but that isn't part of his game and when you pair him with AWB.....

Blood Mage

Class footballer who will only get better, it's easy to forget that he's just 21. If he has one big weakness it's that he doesn't have elite pace, but that shouldn't be an issue once we convert to a proper system and leave the kick and rush freestyle bollocks behind.

Waynne

Had a fantastic game tonight but feel he can be even better with Bruno and Donny alongside him in an attacking midfield trio.

--- VD.Beek -- Bruno -- Sancho ---

lloyd2wayne

What impressed me more was his defending. He tracked backed a lot and had some understanding with Wan Bissaka. My man of the match, very happy for him.

The United

Thought he was just decent. And strangely enough, I thought his end products and dribbling needed improvement even in this game. Obviously not for a 70M winger.

But then again, those were his strengths in Germany. So I don't have to worry too much about it and they will come good in time. Hopefully.

The United

We can't plan with Cavani anyway as he seems to be always injured. So just play Greenwood up front whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.