Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The way he felt the ball at his feet was on another level even in comparison to Cristiano who's mixed bag at times.

He's gonna be one hell of a player.

lawliet354

Okay game, still the best out of Bruno, ronaldo and rashford. The only one that can take players 1 on 1 in the team with Rashford losing his ability every week

Sylar

I think he needs a team with a system. Hopefully we see that coming soon because the number of times he goes for a 121 and doesn't get the ball back has got to be frustrating

Jev

Had disappeared completely in the second half while Rashford was beginning to become dangerous. The substitution made sense (or rather, it should have been Ronaldo to come off).

Still, our least bad attacking player today overall. Which isn't saying much.

Bobski

For balance of the front line I don't think we can afford him to be so loose in possession. Bruno, Rashford and Ronaldo lost the ball a ridiculous number of times, especially in the first half. I thought Sancho was okay (6/10) but he was at least doing the basics right and trying to link play without overdoing it.
RR is not a possession coach, there are going to be a lot of direct passes, long balls and pressing off the breakdowns to create transitions. It isn't some smooth possession game, it is all about the explosion on the break. Not as different from Ole as some think, if more systematic in execution.

Sancho is going to have to be more direct than he is comfortable with.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Anonymous again. 2 key passes. Didn't give the ball away as much as the other 3 attacking players, so that's something.
Yes but if the other 3 didn’t give the ball away, like Sancho then we would have been far better as a team and Sancho would’ve had more opportunities.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
IMO he'll never look good with forwards performing like they did today. He's not Rashford who will just try running at goal every time he gets the ball.
I thought he had a good game and he is very good at finding those key passes, but I think he should be playing in the wing rather than whatever he does in this formation.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The way he felt the ball at his feet was on another level even in comparison to Cristiano who's mixed bag at times.

He's gonna be one hell of a player.
You liked his first touch? He's not a 16 year old getting his first sub appearance in the reserves. He's had 25 goal contributions a season for the last 3 years. Please set the bar higher.

Yes but if the other 3 didn’t give the ball away, like Sancho then we would have been far better as a team and Sancho would’ve had more opportunities.
I wish blondie would get these excuses for why he's ineffective.

Born2Lose

Do look at the kid sometimes and think if only we'd spent that £73m on a midfielder.

united for life

I think he needs a team with a system. Hopefully we see that coming soon because the number of times he goes for a 121 and doesn't get the ball back has got to be frustrating
will we get the best out of him in this formation? I doubt it really. Wouldn’t it be better to play him as a pure winger? In games he played there, he showed more potential. He surely has lots of credentials that make him a good player with lots of prospect, but RR needs to figure out how to utilise him best

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
You liked his first touch? He's not a 16 year old getting his first sub appearance in the reserves. He's had 25 goal contributions a season for the last 3 years. Please set the bar higher.
When we'll have a coherent football system developed I'll definitely will.

saivet

RR is not a possession coach, there are going to be a lot of direct passes, long balls and pressing off the breakdowns to create transitions. It isn't some smooth possession game, it is all about the explosion on the break. Not as different from Ole as some think, if more systematic in execution.

Sancho is going to have to be more direct than he is comfortable with.
I agree he needs to be more direct but we'll struggle if our front four turnover the ball as much as the other three did today.

Bobski

I agree he needs to be more direct but we'll struggle if our front four turnover the ball as much as the other three did today.
Yes, they were awful as a group, but I do think we are going to see a lot of chaotic football, Sancho trying to play patterns with current Ronaldo, Rashford on his current form and King chaos Bruno is an imperfect match.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He has very obvious deficiencies to his game and will almost certainly never be a world-beater. Doesn't quite equate with a £70 million fee.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

I wish blondie would get these excuses for why he's ineffective.
Ah I see…..your moaning because Rashford gets criticised. I’m a big Rashford fan…but he was just shite. Sancho did well with what he had and those around him failed.

saivet

Yes, they were awful as a group, but I do think we are going to see a lot of chaotic football, Sancho trying to play patterns with current Ronaldo, Rashford on his current form and King chaos Bruno is an imperfect match.
That is true, he's the odd one out of those four. I think for the benefit of the team we need to manage that chaos otherwise I don't think the team will succeed with or without Sancho.

Abraxas

Probably the least bad of the forwards in that he gave it away the least.

However, this doesn't mean it was good. It was average at best and non threatening.

For me he too often seems to be miles away from goal, or completely isolated with nobody to interlink with. He's not going to blaze past 2 defenders, we need to be supporting him and allowing him to play some of those clever passes or dribbles by opening up some space. I think he has to work harder, get into more space and be more demanding too.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Ah I see…..your moaning because Rashford gets criticised. I’m a big Rashford fan…but he was just shite. Sancho did well with what he had and those around him failed.
I was referring to the natural blond.

For what it's worth I don't really get the Rashford criticism either and thought he was much more of a threat than Sancho.

SAFMUTD

I think he was the best/least worst from the 4 attackers. We need to play more through him than Bruno. He can keep the ball in tight spaces and create.

Frank White

Like it's been said was less shite than the other 3 in the sense that he didn't lose the ball as much but only because he was completely anonymous.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s a real shame that he hasn’t got the confidence to take players on and commit them. He’s struggling at the moment. Shame he hasn’t got natural pace so he could just knock it and run

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The forwards are totally out of sync with each other. There's no chemistry or understanding at all.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
For all the stick Rashford and Bruno are getting, they're at least in the game. Sancho has a worrying habit of being completely anonymous.

bugmat

Was the best of the front 4 attackers but think he tired mid second half (assumed that's why he got subbed) - there was a moment a ball got to the top of our box and he was there but just watched someone else deal with a guy he could have picked up. Think he was knackered by then.

Seemed to be our most intelligent attacker. Didn't waste posession countless times like the others.

captaincantona

For all the stick Rashford and Bruno are getting, they're at least in the game. Sancho has a worrying habit of being completely anonymous.
Completely agree. Although the others deserve stick just for different reasons. Sancho reminds me so much of how pointless it was giving Kagawa a game...just playing football in a different language at the moment.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Rashford and Bruno are a big part of the reason Sancho's anonymous though. He's a combination player, he makes them better with precise touches and clever movement, they make that entirely redundant when they both ignore clever angles and consistently give the ball away with solo plays.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Rashford and Bruno are a big part of the reason Sancho's anonymous though. He's a combination player, he makes them better with precise touches and clever movement, they make that entirely redundant when they both ignore clever angles and consistently give the ball away with solo plays.
Aye, true enough.

bugmat

Agreed - Rash and Bruno are more involved because they play more selfishly (Hollywood dribbles or Hollywood balls respectively every chance that only pay off 1 out of 10 tries).

Sancho is the kind of player that makes the team infinitely better as we saw at Dortmund as he goes for high percentage plays which actually put the team in better positions. They need to get on his wavelength more.

SAFMUTD

I thought he was the best, or least worst, of our attackers tonight.

He plays really good on tight spaces and his short passing is superb. I think he'll flourish under Rangnick I just don't understand why he's always the one sacrificed when subbing someone.

The United

Still don't see any elite ability in him though. Not yet, at least. I mean I am patient but the way people talked about him after each game sounded like I have been watching a different Sancho in United shirt.

People compare him with Mata. He is decent at keeping the ball in tight spaces just like Mata but lack of creative passes unlike Mata so far in United shirt. But then again, our front line has been a bit shit as a whole this season.

RooneyLegend

He must be asking himself why no one else in attack can play some simple pass and move football. Ten Hag can't come soon enough for him. What were seeing from Ronaldo, Bruno and Rashford is unacceptable.

RooneyLegend

Don't forget Ronaldo in that statement.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Still don't see any elite ability in him though. Not yet, at least. I mean I am patient but the way people talked about him after each game sounded like I have been watching a different Sancho in United shirt.

People compare him with Mata. He is decent at keeping the ball in tight spaces just like Mata but lack of creative passes unlike Mata so far in United shirt. But then again, our front line has been a bit shit as a whole this season.
He had proven his talent while at Dortmund. He's been our best player over the last month or so. Get him in a functional system, which we are working towards, and he'll shine.

RUCK4444

He must be asking himself why no one else in attack can play some simple pass and move football. Ten Hag can't come soon enough for him. What were seeing from Ronaldo, Bruno and Rashford is unacceptable.
Yeah I’ve been crying out for movement for years, no matter who the manager is we never seem to improve it.

Just pass and move, give and go, basic Sunday league level stuff. Its the reason we can’t progress the ball nearly enough as we should and why we can’t sustain attacks, once the opposition are behind the ball we’re fecked.

The United

He had proven his talent while at Dortmund. He's been our best player over the last month or so. Get him in a functional system, which we are working towards, and he'll shine.
I would hope so because it would be fecking depressing that another player with big reputation came and went shit at United again or something.

RooneyLegend

Yeah I’ve been crying out for movement for years, no matter who the manager is we never seem to improve it.

Just pass and move, give and go, basic Sunday league level stuff. Its the reason we can’t progress the ball nearly enough as we should and why we can’t sustain attacks, once the opposition are behind the ball we’re fecked.
Even on the break those 3 ruin attacks with their basics failing them.

Devil may care

Very unlucky to be subbed, some lovely footwork in tight situations and always looking for one-two's but Rashford and Bruno weren't on the same wavelength.

KeanoMagicHat

There was one example in the game where Sancho dribbled at a player and looked to play a clever one-two but he gave it Dalot who just ignored him and took a weak shot on his left foot. I feel like this happens a few times in every game he plays. The other players aren’t on the same wavelength.

Status
Not open for further replies.