5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart89

It's pretty obvious that he's a type of player that doesn't fit into the way the rest of this squad plays football.

He always tries to slow it down, suck the defender in and then release the ball when the over- or underlapping run comes, but with us the only run that comes is from the second defender who doubles up on him and makes it easy to dispossess him. I think it was about 4-5 times that he was the only player in red in a 30 yard radius down that left-hand side. It makes him look like an incredibly basic player since he always has to turn back and play it backwards, but we'd be much more effective if the rest adapted to him rather than him adapting to the others. He'd be perfect in Pep's City, to be honest.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Maybe. It's hard to pick a starting 11 of worthy players right now, literally everyone has been shite apart from Dave.
Lindelof has been alright. Yes we can all recall one or two stinkers but that's normal given the amount of games he's played.

Never thought he'd be our 2nd most consistent player this season. Props to him.

MasterCode

Said it before… German league is weak. He was above average for Dortmund but not good enough for the prem. 70 million wasted.
Preach they've been doing this for Years with Kagawa and Mkhi etc. Don't get how people keep falling for it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There was me thinking I could just edit my SANCHEZ shirt to SANCHO to save money, and then he doesn't hit the ground running, to be kind!

Already weighing up how I can edit the name to save the value... It could probably be tweaked to RASHFORD with a bit of work, but then he's looking awful too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
2 goals and 1 assist in all competitions.....is that what we have to show for 74m?

Without a doubt he's flop of the season. Absymal signing. Just because Rashford is utterly woeful does not excuse Sancho. He's just as bad.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The bar is the lowest possible :lol: Being not as bad as Rashford is hardly an achievement.
Fair enough, but I am not sure if I would single-out Sancho today, as the worst. At the end of the day, it is Ronaldo and Cavani's job to finish goals and they simply haven't been doing it. Sure, we have problems in midfield, but the fact that world-class Cavani and GOAT Ronaldo are not clinical in finishing, it our #1 problem right now, if we are honest about it. Had we scored enough goals today and on Sunday, we'd have won both matches. Simple as that

Swiss_Red89

Have to say I'm really disappointed with him so far. He looses possesion so easily and far too much. He can't beat his man and his passing is erratic. His decision making also not really consistantly good.

I expected a much better player than what we've seen so far. There is time to improve. But he certainly has to improve better sooner than later. Otherwise the fanbase will turn on him as they are doing with Rashford atm.

acnumber9

£73m for him to be used as a left wing back at home to Wolves. God help us.

JoaquinJoaquin

I really like him, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't starting to become a concern now.

I think for me the most disappointing thing about him is his work ethic. He just seems so passive and a meh attitude. With the way this team has so many of these types already, it's no wonder we are playing as bad as we are.

Doracle

And yet he was much better than Rashford. That sub made zero sense. We literally became worse.
Rashford for Sancho was a sub that had to be made, given how poor Sancho played. It should have been at half-time in all honesty to give Rashford more time to get some rhythm.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Rashford for Sancho was a sub that had to be made, given how poor Sancho played. It should have been at half-time in all honesty to give Rashford more time to get some rhythm.
You could have given Rashford 90 minutes and he would still be shit. He's in horrible form and doesn't seem to give two fecks. Rhythm is the least of his problems.

Sea-Cow

I really like him, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't starting to become a concern now.

I think for me the most disappointing thing about him is his work ethic. He just seems so passive and a meh attitude. With the way this team has so many of these types already, it's no wonder we are playing as bad as we are.
I have been annoyed with him this year because he doesn't look fully fit to me, but today against Wolves I was actually impressed with his effort. He was working extremely hard today, but he also couldn't pick the right option in the attacking third if his life depended on it. He would selfishly shoot when he should certainly pass, like that break early in the first-half when Mason did brilliantly to put him in and Jadon looked like he was running in sand as he ignored Ronaldo to his left and instead had a lazy shot blocked, or he tries to force a blatantly obvious pass to Ronaldo when literally any other option would be better.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Lack of acceleration is killer in this league. Fullbacks are faster here than anywhere else.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think Sancho's performances are just a symptom of the issues we're having as a whole at the moment and certainly not one of the causes.

It's got to be incredibly hard (maybe even impossible) for him to come into this environment and flourish.

It's also true that he needs to adjust to the pace of the league but on the long list of things to be worried about at the club right now, Sancho's form is near the bottom of that list.

I'm confident he'll come good and that he has genuine world class talent.

Baneofthegame

More disappointed with his sloppy passes and touches all first half.

Also it would be nice for Shaw to overlap him every now and then.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think Rangnick is trying to accomodate all these attackers. But we lost control of the match by doing this.

We have an abundance of attackers. Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford, Bruno, Sancho. Martial and Van De Beek then if you play him as a 10.

The only system where we can play four of them is this 4-2-2-2/4-4-2. But we lost control of the MF as a result.

We will have to see what he plays next game against Villa. Surely he has to give up the two in midfield. But that means he has to lose some of the attackers.

lilcurt

I think after Sancho we need to reassess the Bundesliga, how many players have came from that league and done it in the PL?

Sancho looks quick in Germany but in this league he looks so slow with the ball, can't pass anyone despite his skills. That whole league must be significantly slower paced than here.

Wayne's World

People want to spend 100 million+ on Declan Rice. Spent 75 million on Sancho and he's devoid of confidence...

Stop signing overhyped English players who aren't good enough

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You could have given Rashford 90 minutes and he would still be shit. He's in horrible form and doesn't seem to give two fecks. Rhythm is the least of his problems.
Sancho has 2 goals and 1 assist since August. Please explain to me how that's any better form wise. Rashford actually has more goal contributions than him and we all know he's been a total shambles.

People just can't help but protect him. He's been the PL flop of the season without a doubt. Maybe joint with Lukaku.

miked99

I've been seriously disappointed so far, although I think he'll come good. Right now he seems to be playing with the handbrake on. So many times he's one on one with a defender at the edge of the box, and instead of taking decisive action such as driving at the player and getting a shot or cross off he seems to lack the courage or conviction to try it. Everything he attempts seems to be a bit vague, like he lacks belief.

Matt851

I thought he looked decent for a few games in a row late last year, albeit the team weren't getting the ball to him often enough. However today was very poor. I know he isn't this flying winger some people were expecting but I thought we would get someone with reliable technique at least

miked99

There was me thinking I could just edit my SANCHEZ shirt to SANCHO to save money, and then he doesn't hit the ground running, to be kind!

Already weighing up how I can edit the name to save the value... It could probably be tweaked to RASHFORD with a bit of work, but then he's looking awful too.
Can't you just change it to 'SANDIKAN'? You'd probably get in the team at the moment.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He hasn't a clue what he's doing. He runs at defenders and his legs go all jittery and then he just gives the ball away.

Fecking colossal waste of money.

::sonny::

Seems also with zero personality

He has a good dribbling, but bad passing and decisions

Incomplete player

Matt851

Seems also with zero personality

He has a good dribbling, but bad passing and decisions

Incomplete player
Those who watched him in Germany always highlighted passing and decision making as one of his strengths so hopefully that will come good

He hasn't a clue what he's doing. He runs at defenders and his legs go all jittery and then he just gives the ball away.

Fecking colossal waste of money.
What bits I saw of him in Germany, he likes to link up with other players and move the ball into the box. We stick him out wide on his own and wonder why he's not firing in crosses.

Deery

Dreary
Lack of acceleration is killer in this league. Fullbacks are faster here than anywhere else.
Yep. Without speed you’re fecked as a winger in this league and Sancho hasn’t beat a man since he got here.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The most annoying thing about him is that he constantly looks like he’s terrified to play out there. He’s not an inexperienced player and has played at the highest level before but he looks completely lost, hides from the ball and either passes it to the closest player or just runs straight at a defender when he gets it.

I thought this was just a temporary blip in confidence after Euros but he seems to have got worse at that.

I doubt we will have the time and willingness to build the rest of the team around him so that his average pace can be hidden a bit. At this rate we will be hoping Newcastle can give us part of the fee back next Summer or something.

Devil’s Trident

Was never a fan of him. Never saw anything in him than made me go wow. The winger that was/is made for us is Kingsley Coman. I’m rarely wrong in transfers if ever and I won’t be wrong on this one. Sorry but sancho is never a world beater. But as usual caf never learns.

Deery

Dreary
That's a lie. He has been poor but he skinned some defender on a wing and whip in a ball for Ronaldo to have a chance, that is just one of the top of my head.
Haven’t seen him beat a man yet, every time he tries he has to cut it back and do a Cruff turn.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He is playing like Bebe played for us. Few good runs then whole game misplacing passes and fecking up possession with heavy first touch

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I wasn't that hyped up for him as he wasn't really the explosive right winger we were looking for and came from Germany, but his technical skills and ball retention seems to be particularly impressive do had high expectations for him.

Its very telling that a while back there was an analysis of him posted here making the observation that the player he most closely resembles is our very own mata and it was immediately met with ridicule, but so far has been spot on. To me it showcases how clueless our general fan base were about and how skewed our expectations were, but even more damning is the fact that our previously regime seems to have had no idea on how to fit the boy in to the system and in my opinion only went for him because he seemed to be the "united type" (young exciting player with a big media and fan following and a supposedly cool and hip personality)

Its one of one's more questionable acts over his tenure vlbut he still has time to turn it around , i still believe in his talent but he'd need to work a lot harder than that as for now he doesn't even seem to do the basics right and simply is in horrific form ( can't even take on a defender and can't even make the most simple 5 yard pass killing the attack instantly)

If the worst came to pass and he didn't even match the next managers plans we might as well go the dimaria route and sell him next summer as he would still command a hefty fee and has some credit in the bank and not repeat our mistake with the likes of martial

i just hope it doesn't come to that.

chiz2kul

poor guy. Confidence must be absolutely shot. Hope he can recover from this but it'll be very difficult to.
I honestly believe he has the skillset, but the pressure, toxic environment, poor coaching, run of terrible games - it'll be hard to break out of it.
honestly feel for the guy. He's a kid, hopefully he'll bounce back. Here or elsewhere.

marktan

I wasn't a big fan of us spending big on him, he's a decent player but I think he's more akin to the likes of Demari Gray and Adoman Lookman rather than say someone like Nani who had genuine moments of being world class. If you put any of those two into that Dortmund team that scores a boat load then they too would have put up big numbers.

The one wide forward that sticks out to me as having the potential to be genuinely great is St Maximin, it's a surprise to me no one's taking a punt on him. The ability to consistently skin players and have a decent final ball would be a huge asset in a team like ours. I'd honestly bite Newcastle's hands off if we could do a trade with Sancho and St Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.