5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

Yep. I wonder if our scouts are completely shite or if their reports are just ignored by the management? Our hit rate is so low that either the scouts need to go or the management. Shambles.
Sack both. Our strategy largely is sign well known players that no one else wants for large money. AWB £50m because he's a young english RB. Maguire £80m. Van De Beek £40m. Sancho £70m. Never actually considering what kind of player we're signing, what their attributes our, how they'll fit into the team.

Ole's at fault but blame goes to the scouts, the board and the glazers, for not implementing a proper footballing analyst team that actually analyses the players we sign. Nothing's changed either, Murtough and Fletch are now our footballing experts. Compared to how some other teams do things we're light years away.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
People say he would fit in at City but watching them today with the energy and eagerness to press of Foden, Silva, Sterling, even bloody Grealish, I just don't see it. He plays like the luxury player everyone else has to work for, and we have too many of them in our squad.
Really no point comparing City to us. Any signing they make is going into a well oiled machine with one of the greatest managers of all time coaching him.

ForeverRed1

I wanted us to sign him so bad, he’s still only 21 so there’s time.. but I do feel like he’s being exposed at the moment in a league as fast and physical as this one.

he probably is better suited to other leagues.. but let’s see, time will tell.

flameinthesun

People say he would fit in at City but watching them today with the energy and eagerness to press of Foden, Silva, Sterling, even bloody Grealish, I just don't see it. He plays like the luxury player everyone else has to work for, and we have too many of them in our squad.
Yeah this is something that I thought that hed fit in at city, I still think he would as they spend so much of their time with the ball and camped in the oppositions half but you are right, their wingers do all have a bit of pace. He could possibly play for them in the 8 position.

He's very talented, but I fear hes just not that guy for united.

Frank White

People need to calm the feck down. He's 21, under immense pressure and in a much more aggressive league than the German farmers division, hardly a surprise that it takes time getting used to it. Expect more from him next season
What's the minimum we should be expecting of him this season? because as it stands he rarely takes anyone, has nearly 0 work ethic and apparently can't pass to save his life.

AndySmith1990

Sick and tired of it tbh. Almost every player we sign turns out to be a dud. I bet we could unearth the next Messi and somehow manage to sap all of the creativity, skill, and joy out of them. United is where players go to stagnate or at worst ruin their career. No wonder ambitious players like Haland and Bellingham had zero interest in coming here.

Born2Lose

Another game closer to hipster flop of the year 2021/22. When will we learn with the Bundesliga players, even Klopp and Tuchel rarely go back there.

Guardiola steered well clear of a return for a reason.

UncleBob

What's the minimum we should be expecting of him this season? because as it stands he rarely takes anyone, has nearly 0 work ethic and apparently can't pass to save his life.
This is below the minimum I expect of a question I'll answer.

spiriticon

He might be better for City where life is cushy but we are not City.

He needs to figure out how to be good for United.

Posh Red

Another game closer to hipster flop of the year 2021/22. When will we learn with the Bundesliga players, even Klopp and Tuchel rarely go back there.

City’s best player came from the Budesliga. And Gundogan was arguably their best player last season. Strange comment.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
2 goals 0 assist in 23 games.

Have to admit, I didm't expect him to be that bad.

Perhaps he will need another 1 or 2 years to settle in.

TheRedHearted

Yep. I wonder if our scouts are completely shite or if their reports are just ignored by the management? Our hit rate is so low that either the scouts need to go or the management. Shambles.
Na. These young players come into teams that are completely unbalanced and don’t have proper management to make them better. That’s why we go look at teams with a strong system (like Leicester when we bought Harry) and go oh look! He will fix all of our problems at the back! But then we realize he looked great in a well drilled team.
Same for Donny, Pogba for France. Some players will look great once we are cohesive and managed right

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I know people talk some shite after a bad result, but come on. :lol:
Sancho is just a total fraud. People are fooling themselves. Even Elanga offers more. A kid who has only played a couple of games at this level.

El Jefe

He looks like a 14 year old out there. Possibly the most lightweight player I've ever seen play for us. Dan James was weak as piss but he at least had pace to burn and was aggressive, Sancho is as physically imposing as a ply of wet tissue.

The coaching staff need to put him on an intense programme over the next couple of years or he'll be a guaranteed flop.

Lentwood

The knee jerk reactions from the usual suspects who are braying for a new scapegoat.

Sancho didn't play well and hasn't played well for the most part this season. But he came with 15 minutes left into a side that was struggling massively. I'm not surprised he didn't impact the game. Very few players did for most of the second half and especially after we conceded our second.

I expect better from him and I think we'll eventually see it. But I think you're a fool of you write him off after one poor season. He's 21, coming into a new league of which he's never played before and into a team that's struggling immensely.
I would normally agree with you with a young lad coming into a new league but what massively worries me is that he doesnt look up for the fight. Even his first-touch of the game today, just waved the white flag under the simplest physical pressure. It's shocking how slow and weak he is. I don't know if anything can be done about that now at 21?

We've been guilty so many times of kidding ourselves on and holding onto to players too long. Personally, I am not saying he wont come good for someone somewhere, but if we could get £50m for him in Summer I'd be massively tempted because he just doesn't look cut out for it physically.

izec

Told you he is overrated and not needed. We should have spend the money on a CM/DM. But Ole wanted Sancho

Superunknown

I still think that with the right manager and right set-up, he can really flourish.

However, I have to say that I have been nothing of disappointed, so far. Very, very underwhelming. This signing has been all hype. He just hasn't come even close to delivering yet. But, he's let off the hook a little by how shit the whole side have been. He's just another underperforming player and we already have more than a dozen of those.

Lewnited

Yep, glad we steered clear of the likes of Mane, Son, De Bruyne, Aubameyang, Gundogan etc

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
It’s very hard to judge players when the whole club is in shambles. Not the player yet we thought we were signing but he’s still very young and things can change very quickly in the right setup. I keep saying that but it is what it is.

Lentwood

The fourth horseman of Ole's apocalypse after AWB, Maguire and VdB.

£250m spunked on four atrocious signings.
How is it 2022 and we still have posters who talk about managers signing players?

Id love to think the problems with our recruitment started and ended with one man, but unfortunately we have an entire rotten team of scouts, analysts and SMT members involved in our transfers.

Saddy

Elanga already looks better than this lad - my god what a waste of money ?
No pace and can't beat a man

Sanchez7

Sack both. Our strategy largely is sign well known players that no one else wants for large money. AWB £50m because he's a young english RB. Maguire £80m. Van De Beek £40m. Sancho £70m. Never actually considering what kind of player we're signing, what their attributes our, how they'll fit into the team.

Ole's at fault but blame goes to the scouts, the board and the glazers, for not implementing a proper footballing analyst team that actually analyses the players we sign. Nothing's changed either, Murtough and Fletch are now our footballing experts. Compared to how some other teams do things we're light years away.

Na. These young players come into teams that are completely unbalanced and don’t have proper management to make them better. That’s why we go look at teams with a strong system (like Leicester when we bought Harry) and go oh look! He will fix all of our problems at the back! But then we realize he looked great in a well drilled team.
Same for Donny, Pogba for France. Some players will look great once we are cohesive and managed right
I agree.

The club's management is rotten to the core - there is no accountability, standards have dropped and nepotism is rampant. Unless we have a complete reboot from the top or get lucky with a world class manager, nothing is going to change.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Never trust the Bundesliga (or Caf experts who wanted to spend £100m+ on this lad).

Needs to spend the summer getting physically ready for the PL because he's way off it.

hobbers

How is it 2022 and we still have posters who talk about managers signing players?

Id love to think the problems with our recruitment started and ended with one man, but unfortunately we have an entire rotten team of scouts, analysts and SMT members involved in our transfers.
I'm not just blaming Ole for them. Our scouts and analysis departments are literally the worst in the league, AWB is proof of that.

Although he clearly really wanted to sign Jadon given we chased him for 2 years. The "cultural reboot" to our signings that everyone lauded Ole for is just as dead a concept as all the other bullshit.

RepardReece

Na. These young players come into teams that are completely unbalanced and don’t have proper management to make them better. That’s why we go look at teams with a strong system (like Leicester when we bought Harry) and go oh look! He will fix all of our problems at the back! But then we realize he looked great in a well drilled team. Same for Donny, Pogba for France. Some players will look great once we are cohesive and managed right
Spot on.
What has that got to do with James having more effect for us in a game than Sancho has? Stay on point buddy!
James only had an effect on the game due to his pace, couldn't do anything other than that. Look at the quoted post above yours. How do you expect players to perform in such an unbalanced and messy team? The only player that's been effective is Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.