5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

Well, he wouldn't be played to take players on and if he would, they would make sure that he's surrounded with the right movent to dribble off them by overloading the fullbackk. But he would most likely be played in a similar fashion to how Guardiola plays Bernardo Silva or Klopp played Götze and/or Kagawa.

I also think it's quite funny that you use Guardiola and Klopp as your arguments when both would probably completely disagree with your take on the Bundesliga and the players you deem not good enough to play in the EPL.
I admire that you are resolute even if I disagree

OmarUnited4ever

Not the best start to the season so far, and yet to show his best, we still got around 45/50% of the season ahead, and hopefully he can get into good form and be consistent, so far, his best game was vs Villareal I think, and he didn't replicate that performance yet.

Satsuma United

He is a system player, he would be brilliant under Pep.

Having said that i still think once we have an updated, modern manager we will see the real Sancho.

Son

Oh please. Literally only a few Man Utd fans would claim he is better than Saka, (almost guaranteed lol) this is so biased I actually laughed. No nuetral fan in the world would agree. I actually think if you put a poll on here would you swap them, Saka would likely STILL come out on top.

Sancho runs like he is towing a skip mate. The Bundesliga have shipped a few dummies over to the PL haven't they.
Your talking absolute rubbish tbf. Sancho reached levels in Dortmund at times Saka can only dream of.

Arsenal are garbage let’s face it. This United team is worse because it’s in disarray. I’m not judging Sancho at United so far. In Dortmund he was their best player most of the time above even Haaland.

We can never even give the guy the ball because everything is wrong in our squad right now. He gets very little support and unlike you I know a good footballer when I see one. Your just judging output despite the guy adapting in a new league, gaining fitness and been in a disaster of a club team.

As some have stated if he played for City you would be calling him one of the best wingers in the world playing under Pep. Which he is when used correctly.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw his better performances on the RW for us.

Gives me hope that his time should come. It actually makes it okay for me that he is being played on arguably his weaker lane so that maybe he can improve his game a bit.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Your talking absolute rubbish tbf. Sancho reached levels in Dortmund at times Saka can only dream of.

Arsenal are garbage let’s face it. This United team is worse because it’s in disarray. I’m not judging Sancho at United so far. In Dortmund he was their best player most of the time above even Haaland.

We can never even give the guy the ball because everything is wrong in our squad right now. He gets very little support and unlike you I know a good footballer when I see one. Your just judging output despite the guy adapting in a new league, gaining fitness and been in a disaster of a club team.

As some have stated if he played for City you would be calling him one of the best wingers in the world playing under Pep. Which he is when used correctly.
"Arsenal are garbage let’s face it."

Nice deflection there kiddo, pretty pathetic, and very few would agree with your opinion on Saka vs Sancho, including the England manager it would appear. What are you - his dad?

As if Saka wouldn't tear up that joke one club league in Germany, Sancho did it and he is slower than I am. Although it is all pretty irrelevant as the last time I checked Man Utd don't play in the Bundesliga.

Nicolas Pepe reached levels in Lille that Mason Greenwood can only dream of. Scoring 23 league goals and providing 9 assists in a single league campaign. I assume this is also relevant to you my man, or is it a ridiculous thing to say? as a blind man can see Greenwood is infinitely better, but it is identical to your point.

It might be worth checking if Sancho has been playing with his over inflated wallet in his back pocket. ;)

Last edited:

Frank White

Nice deflection there kiddo, pretty pathetic, and very few would agree with your opinion on Saka vs Sancho, including the England manager it would appear. What are you - his dad?

As if Saka wouldn't tear up that joke one club league in Germany, Sancho did it and he is slower than I am. Although it is all pretty irrelevant as the last time I checked Man Utd don't play in the Bundesliga.

Nicolas Pepe reached levels in Lille that Mason Greenwood can only dream of. Scoring 23 league goals and providing 9 assists in a single league campaign. I assume this is also relevant to you my man, or is it a ridiculous thing to say? as a blind man can see Greenwood is infinitely better, but it is identical to your point.

It might be worth checking if Sancho has been playing with his over inflated wallet in his back pocket. ;)
Good point. Based solely off Premier League performances don't think it's crazy to assume people would swap Saka for Sancho, if you're a United fan anyway. Now this is Sancho's 1st season so maybe next year this will seem like a horrible take but Saka seems to be going from strength to strength.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I’d swap Sancho for Saka in a heartbeat. Going by their PL performances Saka is on a different level. Current Sancho would maybe get into 5-6 PL teams (Burnley, Norwich etc.).

He may improve but let’s judge him on what he has actually shown for the last 6 months. Bundesliga is a different league and we’ve seen top players from over there struggle in PL multiple times already.

SAF is the GOAT

Rangnick: “Whenever I see him [Sancho] train, he’s showing that he’s one of the best players in the training sessions, but now it’s about transferring that to when he’s playing, and showing the same kind of level and performance on the pitch.”

Rangnick: “I said that to him [Sancho], by the way, the day before yesterday. 'Confirm the performances you show in training when you’re playing on the pitch.'”

Rangnick: “For me it’s not at all a question of his [Sancho] position. It’s clear that in a 4-3-3 he’s a player for either of the two wing positions, either left or right. He can play both.”

Rangnick: “I think he [Sancho] would prefer a little bit the left side, because he can then switch inside and have a go on goal or shoot on goal with his strong foot. But for me, there’s no question, no doubt about his position.”

Rangnick: “He’s [Sancho] a winger. He’s somebody who can dribble fast with ball, and for me it’s not at all a question of which is the best possible position for him.”

Rangnick on Sancho: “He’s playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. I think it’s [his slow start] also got to do with a lot of different things up here in his head. It’s a difference if you come as an 18-year-old, unknown, a talented English boy to Borussia Dortmund.”

Rangnick: “From then on, you can only improve; you can only make a success out of that. The level of expectation was a lot lower compared to the situation when, at the age of 21, you come to a club like #mufc for a high transfer fee, with a high level of expectation.”

Rangnick: “Everybody expected from him [Sancho] that he would be one of the best players in the team. Again, this is psychologically, emotionally a more challenging situation than the one he had at Borussia Dortmund…”

Rangnick: “and these are exactly the kind of steps that he has to make to become a top player for the next 10 years for this club.”

Rangnick on Jadon Sancho: “With those kinds of players, with those kinds of creative, offensive players, it’s all about confidence. It's about having that confidence, being aware how good they can be, and then showing it in front of 75,000 or 40 to 45,000 at Villa Park.”

Rangnick: “Of course, in the end he has to do that. He has [to make] that step again. As I said, in most training sessions he’s training on a very high level. Now it’s about having the transfer onto the pitch in the Premier League, in the FA Cup and in the #UCL.”

Rangnick: “He can do that; he has the ability to do that. There is no doubt about that, but now we have to develop him into that kind of player, showing the same kind of performances that he showed at Borussia Dortmund.”

Rangnick: “We can give him the guidelines, we can give him helping hands and show him that we are trying to accompany him on this way, and give all the necessary assistance that he needs, but in the end it’s up to him to take those next steps.”

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I’d swap Sancho for Saka in a heartbeat. Going by their PL performances Saka is on a different level. Current Sancho would maybe get into 5-6 PL teams (Burnley, Norwich etc.).

He may improve but let’s judge him on what he has actually shown for the last 6 months. Bundesliga is a different league and we’ve seen top players from over there struggle in PL multiple times already.
By Current Sancho , you mean the one who just came to epl and is playing for a team that has been hopeless this season ?

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
By Current Sancho , you mean the one who just came to epl and is playing for a team that has been hopeless this season ?
If I am wrong about Sancho I will be the first one to hold my hands up, but I am shocked how slow he is, unless he is carrying a knock, or not reached full fitness yet.

To play as a winger in the EPL with a lack of pace is difficult. Compare him to Elanga the other night, I thought my TV had froze when he was replaced by Sancho. Mind you that kid looks electric. I got excited until I found out he wasn't English.

bond19821982

If I am wrong about Sancho I will be the first one to hold my hands up, but I am shocked how slow he is, unless he is carrying a knock, or not reached full fitness yet.

To play as a winger in the EPL with a lack of pace is difficult. Compare him to Elanga the other night, I thought my TV had froze when he was replaced by Sancho. Mind you that kid looks electric. I got excited until I found out he wasn't English.
Silva wasn't "Usain Bolt " yet he played as a winger , when he came into England. Was Nasri pacy enough for you guys ? Or ESR for that matter?

Kid is only 21 who just came to England. Give him the time he needs ffs. We, as a team has been horrible even for Ronaldo. So performances of this year means nothing.

ShinjiNinja26

I can’t believe people are writing Sancho off already. :lol:

He’s a 21 year old kid who’s having his debut season in the PL in an absolute dog shit team full of bluffers with zero organisation or discipline, cut the kid some slack of fecks sake. If he’s still performing like this next season then you can call him out.

chiz2kul

He is a system player, he would be brilliant under Pep.

Having said that i still think once we have an updated, modern manager we will see the real Sancho.
completely agree. Pep, Potter, Tuchel, Nagelsmann etc. He'll be brilliant with them

romufc

I can’t believe people are writing Sancho off already. :lol:

He’s a 21 year old kid who’s having his debut season in the PL in an absolute dog shit team full of bluffers with zero organisation or discipline, cut the kid some slack of fecks sake. If he’s still performing like this next season then you can call him out.
What a joke, in a season where none of our players have played well, people are writing of Sancho

One poster also went to say he can only get into 5 PL teams... lack of football knowledge.

Once we have a proper system and manager in the summer, I can see Sancho going up levels.

ShinjiNinja26

What a joke, in a season where none of our players have played well, people are writing of Sancho

One poster also went to say he can only get into 5 PL teams... lack of football knowledge.

Once we have a proper system and manager in the summer, I can see Sancho going up levels.
It’s unbelievable. Some folk treat football like Ultimate team on Fifa, oh he hasn’t made an impact in his first few games let’s feck him off and get the next new shiny toy in. Not a clue.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If you watch games, you can see flashes from him at times. A moment of tight control, a flash where he goes past a couple of players.

I think it was the lack of direction for the team that was holding him back.

I still fully expect him to become a key player under the new manager, with a more defined role in the team.

It’s not like AWB, where you can see that certain technique just isn’t there. He is going to come good.

romufc

It’s unbelievable. Some folk treat football like Ultimate team on Fifa, oh he hasn’t made an impact in his first few games let’s feck him off and get the next new shiny toy in. Not a clue.
Yep, but that is modern day fans. A purple patch of 2 months form = WC and a bad patch = dross.

I cannot make excuses for Sancho but when he plays, you can see there is a player there, he tracks back more than our attackers, it just hasn't clicked yet.

I am not worried about him tbh.

Stacks

Bundesliga are con artists. remember they had a £120 mill price tag and dudes were mad calling the glazers tight. We have had hella duds from that league but I will give Sancho more time to figure things out. pepe is world class btw

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Silva wasn't "Usain Bolt " yet he played as a winger , when he came into England. Was Nasri pacy enough for you guys ? Or ESR for that matter?

Kid is only 21 who just came to England. Give him the time he needs ffs. We, as a team has been horrible even for Ronaldo. So performances of this year means nothing.
ESR has a surprising turn of pace, but he is not a winger like Sancho. He is more of a clever playmaker, with an eye for goal, more Bruno. Nasri was weird, he had one good season and got too much praise for it.

Believe me, I know Arsenal have many issues too btw, I am very realistic and tell it as it is. I would be so happy to see Sancho line up against Tomiyasu, as oppose to Elanga. Hence why the young kid is going to bench the £75m man, similar to how Saka has sat our very own £72m flop in Pepe.

bond19821982

ESR has a surprising turn of pace, but he is not a winger like Sancho. He is more of a clever playmaker, with an eye for goal, more Bruno. Nasri was weird, he had one good season and got too much praise for it.

Believe me, I know Arsenal have many issues too btw, I am very realistic and tell it as it is. I would be so happy to see Sancho line up against Tomiyasu, as oppose to Elanga. Hence why the young kid is going to bench the £75m man, similar to how Saka has sat our very own £72m flop in Pepe.
You ignored my Silva comparison just to bring your point. The point is, it's not always about pace. We can have this discussion again in an year time and you will see how wrong you were about.

Satsuma United

I am glad Rangnick sees the same talent but i guess he also knows he doesnt have the squad to surround Sancho.

Problem is Ralf isnt doing the job he was supposed to do, sell players, bring in new talent for a new system.

Lets have patience with Sancho then its got to be the new manager who will have the balls to do the dirty job Ralf doesnt dare to do.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
You ignored my Silva comparison just to bring your point.
I ignored your Silva point because it was pointless, he was not a convetional winger like Sanco either, and you know it. He was also brilliant which helps.

We can have this discussion again in an year time and you will see how wrong you were about.
So there's no chance I am right then? but you definitely are. Ok then.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
You ignored my Silva comparison just to bring your point. The point is, it's not always about pace. We can have this discussion again in an year time and you will see how wrong you were about.
I believe Silva is a wide play maker, just like Wenger put Rosicky and Nasir on the wing back then. We had Rosicky Fabregas Flamini Hleb for midfield back then. All of them are playmaker except Flamini.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It seems pointless to write him off when we’ve seen great players struggle in their first season and turn it on in the second. And that’s even more understandable given the chaos he stepped into. But clearly he’s been incredibly underwhelming and ultimately he’s responsible for that and should be held accountable for it. There’s a lot of defensiveness about that.

Gooner87

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure how any of your attacking players are supposed to thrive when the the midfield is Fred and McTominay. The speed at which they move the ball forward, they will always receive the ball under pressure and with the defense in position. Shaw's form hasn't helped him either.

It'll be more interesting to see how Sancho does with a proper midfield behind him. Plus should give him a couple of years to settle to the PL, he is a player from a foreign league nonetheless. Weirdly enough, Sancho looks like an old school Wenger player.

bond19821982

I ignored your Silva point because it was pointless, he was not a convetional winger like Sanco either, and you know it. He was also brilliant which helps.

So there's no chance I am right then? but you definitely are. Ok then.
It was absolutely not pointless. You were the one who said that without pace, you can't survive in PL. You are wrong. I just told you 3 examples who had enough success with no pace. Kid is only 21, who told you that he can't be like Silva ? You are writing off a player after 3 months in PL. Good luck with that !

And yes, there is a possibility that you are right. Just like any other player , the potential is 50-50 and that holds good for any players. Including ESR, Saka or Martinelli.

bond19821982

I believe Silva is a wide play maker, just like Wenger put Rosicky and Nasir on the wing back then. We had Rosicky Fabregas Flamini Hleb for midfield back then. All of them are playmaker except Flamini.
Fine. It just says that PL isn't exactly allergic to wide playmaker who don't have pace.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Is Sanchy playing tonight? Brentford will come at us so I hope (yet again) that he’ll be able to turn it on. He’ll get a goal or two and look a different player. Just needs to get that weight off his shoulders. He looks like he’s been Rashford’d this season. Nobody is finding each other in dangerous positions. It’s all on the individual or it goes nowhere. The player I most wanted us to sign. I think he’ll still end up being a top player for us but it could take a while and another signing or two for our attack to truly click as a unit

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Is Sanchy playing tonight? Brentford will come at us so I hope (yet again) that he’ll be able to turn it on. He’ll get a goal or two and look a different player. Just needs to get that weight off his shoulders. He looks like he’s been Rashford’d this season. Nobody is finding each other in dangerous positions. It’s all on the individual or it goes nowhere. The player I most wanted us to sign. I think he’ll still end up being a top player for us but it could take a while and another signing or two for our attack to truly click as a unit
Not even on the bench anymore.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is finished at MUFC. We will be cutting our losses. Maybe even this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.