5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew7582

He was a slow starter, but I am not really aware of fitness issues like you mention, at least no big ones. Problem he most often had was adapting to new circumstances, like a new position or a different partner (for example last season he was definitely missing Hakimi and his overlapping runs a lot and took time to get in form again)
How else do you explain how poor his conditioning was during the first half of the season, he looked heavy and slow and he was gassing out after about 60 minutes. Against Burnley is the sharpest he has looked by far. I have read comments from Dortmund fans about him returning from the off season in bad shape.

Last edited:

Devil may care

MOTM again, his confidence looks to have kicked in, shame the rest of the attack isn't up to par right now.

Grande

He can be a star for this club if he gets his fitness right, 60 min player at the moment.
We’re a 60 min team at the moment, so maybe it’s not about him?

Today he looked for the entire first half like the complete opposite of what he has looked most games for us. Fast, decisive, aggressive, challenging. That RB had a mare of a first half.

I think Sancho is going to look more and more like this, and if so, we’ve got a lot of fun to look forward to.

meamth

Desperately trying to link up, but all of his runs and passes were wasted. Amazing player.

SATA

Brilliant little player. His first touch and control is amazing and almost always spot on. He would already have a row of assists now if the strikers know how to finish where as he had Haaland to feed to at Dortmund. Absolutely puzzling that we have people here comparing him to the likes of Aaron Lennon and Walcott :houllier:

red4ever 79

MOTM again, his confidence looks to have kicked in, shame the rest of the attack isn't up to par right now.
Absolutely this. Watch every game and the difference you see now with him. He is buzzing, full of confidence. His touch and movement is sublime. Easily our most talented wide player

Mac1997

Played well first half last night, maybe his best game for us so far.

Would still much prefer to have him play from the right though as Rashford is just awful there.

Lentwood

That was his best game I have seen him have for us. Looked confident at last.

I have been quite harsh on him because I can't really work out what kind of player he is, but his technique is absolutely ridiculous. I was sat right by the touchline and his first-touch on several occasions on a night when there was a hurricane blowing and the ball and pitch where soaked was insane.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
How else do you explain how poor his conditioning was during the first half of the season, he looked heavy and slow and he was gassing out after about 60 minutes. Against Burnley is the sharpest he has looked by far. I have read comments from Dortmund fans about him returning from the off season in bad shape.
I can't. The issues at Dortmund existed, but he was never physically out of form for half a season.

SATA

I can't. The issues at Dortmund existed, but he was never physically out of form for half a season.
I like that you are a big Jadon Sancho fan (I wouldn’t term it fanboy because i hate that word) and can recognise a unique talent. Don’t worry i am one too once he was confirmed as a United player. I’m really looking forward to more from him and hopefully wins a few trophies while he’s here because he’s just getting started

Classical Mechanic

He's starting to look confident but he still doesn't work that well with our attackers. He's a link player and needs crafty technical players with good movement around him to be at his best. Probably Lingard is the closest to what we have as a player that meshes with him.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

That was his best game I have seen him have for us. Looked confident at last.

I have been quite harsh on him because I can't really work out what kind of player he is, but his technique is absolutely ridiculous. I was sat right by the touchline and his first-touch on several occasions on a night when there was a hurricane blowing and the ball and pitch where soaked was insane.
There was an occasion in the second half where he controlled a high ball near the right side corner flag. Was done ridiculously easily.

People keep forgetting that he had a bout of sickness at the start of the season, and then never had a consistent run in the team. How's a player going to build match fitness if he isn't playing regularly?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
People keep forgetting that he had a bout of sickness at the start of the season, and then never had a consistent run in the team. How's a player going to build match fitness if he isn't playing regularly?
Nevertheless I'm surprised it took him so long. But maybe you are right and it was simply a perfect storm of sickness, little injuries and on top lack of confidence due to his bad start (that was caused by the things) and all this really slowed down his return to form a lot.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Thought he was our best player last night and he's showing signs of getting there.

Where all all the chances he's meant to create though? He hasn't impressed with his final ball yet in a red shirt. That's something he needs to work on as he's tidy on the ball and works hard too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Much better last night, I like that we were using him as the ball carrier. I think it's important we give him as many touches as possible, that helps him grow into the game.

Just needs to get a bit more confident with his shooting but he will grow into that. I think next year he will be a different beast.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Feel bad for him. Such a class player making things happen but he only has a 34 and 37 year old standing idle in the box when it does.

Longshanks

He was decent last night, but for all his good play there was very little end product and he really has got to stop coming inside all the time. He basically cocked up the counter attack that eventually led to the Burnley goal because he picked it up out wide and then for some reason ran inside with the ball closing the space for runners which is why the attack broke down.

Our two best chances come from the left when rashford was there and he went down the outside rather than coming in. Sancho need to mix it up more, everytime he comes inside and bunches the play up.

Sylar

We need an intelligent player around him. You can see Sancho wants to work as a team but we have too many that look to be individuals and its frustrating.

Glad to see him getting better and better.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He was decent last night, but for all his good play there was very little end product and he really has got to stop coming inside all the time. He basically cocked up the counter attack that eventually led to the Burnley goal because he picked it up out wide and then for some reason ran inside with the ball closing the space for runners which is why the attack broke down.

Our two best chances come from the left when rashford was there and he went down the outside rather than coming in. Sancho need to mix it up more, everytime he comes inside and bunches the play up.
To me the coming inside thing, engaging defenders on the corner of the box and then pass to some player, either overlapping fullback or a free midfielder seemed like a tactical directive - it was very noticeable in the beginning and also Rashford did the same in the setup for the goal in the same position. I could be wrong of course.

saivet

I think some of that can be attributed to his lack of pre-season. He joined the squad late after the Euros and according to Ole he was very ill, which delayed his arrival as well.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought last night was his best game over 90 minutes for us.

Longshanks

To me the coming inside thing, engaging defenders on the corner of the box and then pass to some player, either overlapping fullback or a free midfielder seemed like a tactical directive - it was very noticeable in the beginning and also Rashford did the same in the setup for the goal in the same position. I could be wrong of course.
The thing is he was coming inside all the time I don't think I saw him take his man on, on the outside once it becomes to easy to telegraph. And it seems to be something he does weather playing in the left or the right. Mix it up have the full back over-lapping and underlapping becomes much more difficult to deal with, when rashford popped up on the left he looked more dangerous than sancho because he was coming inside and outside the defender didn't know which way to set himself, with sancho he knew he could just show him on the inside and let him run into traffic.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The best of his performance I had seen with us honestly. Hope it continues.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Glad people are starting to recognize his talent. No doubting it for me. He's gonna be a star here.

As a couple have mentioned though, his fitness levels need to improve and that's on him, he does look pretty knackered after 60 minutes and we sub him out pretty often because of it. But his slow start to the season was very explainable through:
  • Switch to premier league
  • Initial mental struggle
  • Team around him a disaster, playing desperate hero ball with 0 team play
  • Injury/illness/other absences meaning he doesn't get a consistent run
  • Multiple coaching changes, multiple system changes
Hopefully we see some steady growth until the end of the season and I think he'll continue to push on. This can apply for a good chunk of our players though, so hopefully we have a strong 2nd half to the season.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I know he came from the Bundesliga - but you have to question the style of play/personnel when he goes from 60 assists over 3 seasons to 0 at United after half a season.

You can tell he's thinking completely differently to his colleagues. Imagine going from playing with prime Haaland to broken Ronaldo/Cavani/Rashford? On paper we thought the team would be great, but the reality is different.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Would love to see a clip of that bit of trickery he did in the left corner during the 2nd half, where he beat a few of the defenders. Entertaining stuff.

Adam-Utd

The only criticism I have of him is i'd like to see him drive at his defender in the box a little more.

He has a habit of stopping them to a walking pace then looking for a pass. While that can sometimes work, their RB was scared as hell and kept backing off. I have no doubt he could have skinned him or won a penalty if he took him on.

Maybe that's the fitness issue showing again, but he's certainly getting there. It was great to see him carrying the ball so well though, that was much more like what I expect of him.

I think having Pogba back in the team helped him a lot, as he loves playing the 1-2 touch passing game.

Anustart89

The only criticism I have of him is i'd like to see him drive at his defender in the box a little more.

He has a habit of stopping them to a walking pace then looking for a pass. While that can sometimes work, their RB was scared as hell and kept backing off. I have no doubt he could have skinned him or won a penalty if he took him on.

Maybe that's the fitness issue showing again, but he's certainly getting there. It was great to see him carrying the ball so well though, that was much more like what I expect of him.

I think having Pogba back in the team helped him a lot, as he loves playing the 1-2 touch passing game.
What usually creates the opportunity for him to dribble past his opponent on the inside is an overlapping run that distracts the full-back and forces him to half-commit to the pass and the dribble at the same time. Considering we have a left back that only overlaps when he feels like it, which is like every third opportunity, we’re not going to see it as much until we get someone more ambitious playing behind him on the left wing.

Adam-Utd

What usually creates the opportunity for him to dribble past his opponent on the inside is an overlapping run that distracts the full-back and forces him to half-commit to the pass and the dribble at the same time. Considering we have a left back that only overlaps when he feels like it, which is like every third opportunity, we’re not going to see it as much until we get someone more ambitious playing behind him on the left wing.
Yeah I do agree we need more overlaps.

We scored from 2 of them, 2nd half for some reason we just stopped doing it.

I do think sometimes we end up letting games become to end to end, so it makes it impossible for the fullback to keep sprinting up and down the pitch.

A few times though Sancho can decide to go on the outside, but the decides to turn backwards and pass backward or inside. I think he had his fullback on toast if he really committed him.

Only a small criticism anyway.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I know he came from the Bundesliga - but you have to question the style of play/personnel when he goes from 60 assists over 3 seasons to 0 at United after half a season.

You can tell he's thinking completely differently to his colleagues. Imagine going from playing with prime Haaland to broken Ronaldo/Cavani/Rashford? On paper we thought the team would be great, but the reality is different.
Think about who's playing around him and their playstyles though. Rashford and Greenwood were/are selfish as hell, Ronaldo and Cavani are looking to poach inside the box, McTominay needs 4 touches to decide his next pass, Telles is strictly a crosser, AWB is terrified of the ball.

So basically you have Pogba, Shaw, and formerly Martial as the only good linkup options that look to play similar to him and can think as fast . Part of this is coaching a style into the team that will take time, but a player like Rashford or McT will never be good in any sort of quick passing set up.

Cypriot

I actually saw this last night, the only person on his 'wavelength' seems to be Pogba. Everyone else is either one step behind him, or too selfish.

Prime example was the one two they played to play it out from Left Back and Sancho ran onto the through ball well before it had been played by Pogba.

youmeletsfly

Assists are not goals. If your teammates don't make runs or if they're not on the same wavelength, you can't assist.

Bondi77

Two Utd games in FPL week and Sancho has been drafted into my squad and I am wondering what I should be satisfied with as he probably had his best game for us in his last outing.....I am thinking 10pts?

Lost bear

I like that you are a big Jadon Sancho fan (I wouldn’t term it fanboy because i hate that word) and can recognise a unique talent. Don’t worry i am one too once he was confirmed as a United player. I’m really looking forward to more from him and hopefully wins a few trophies while he’s here because he’s just getting started
Yes- last few games he’s looked excellent, a really talented exciting player. If only some if the others could get into form, we’d have a fecking deadly attack. Such a lot of potential - alas I think Ronaldo is on the way down. But Sancho- I’m drooling with anticipation for when we get a few of our attackers playing.

acnumber9

The one shining light at the moment. With that said, he needs to work on his stamina.

Cloud7

He was very good today. The only real bright spark in the team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.