5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

Good first half but faded off in the second. He’s showing progress and an increase in confidence though

Anustart89

I really enjoyed that nutmeg. I really don't get why we're indulging him on the left though, he's just as good if not better holding the width in the right and both Elanga and Rashford are pretty average there.
As frustrating as the underlying reason is, I think that the net effect of him being on the left when Rashford is on the other side is positive since Rashford can't try to dribble past three players for a 25 yard shot when his starting position is on the right. They touched upon it on the Talk of the Devils podcast, that being on the right forces Rashford to make more runs in behind and pass the ball instead of going wide, waiting to receive it to feet before dribbling inside for a pointless shot.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
As frustrating as the underlying reason is, I think that the net effect of him being on the left when Rashford is on the other side is positive since Rashford can't try to dribble past three players for a 25 yard shot when his starting position is on the right. They touched upon it on the Talk of the Devils podcast, that being on the right forces Rashford to make more runs in behind and pass the ball instead of going wide, waiting to receive it to feet before dribbling inside for a pointless shot.
Yeah instead he can fail to knock it past his man and kick it at their shins. A huge improvement no doubt.

Anustart89

Yeah instead he can fail to knock it past his man and kick it at their shins. A huge improvement no doubt.
Haha, true, but at least 1% of the time he'll do what he did against Southampton and run in behind and pass the ball for a tap-in.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Little bit quieter than the last few but I enjoyed what he offered again. Looks to be settling in finally.

Gordon S

Not great but still a good performance. Need to find someone he can link up with however, he is all alone up there at times, our movement is just a disgrace.

Coops73

Okish tonight but definitely getting better and he’s one of the few United players I’m actually enjoying watching right now

Yagami

Good post resistant
Like some of the best wide playmakers of the pl era in Silva, Nasri, Hazard, etc, he's very good at, when out wide, cutting in, doing a la Pelopina turn, and then playing the overlapping full back through.

He needs to utilise that skill more often. Even if there is no overlap, the la Pelopina is a great move in someone's arsenal as it'll allow them to keep possession under pressure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bit quiet compared to the last few games, but you can tell his quality. Surprised he took on that chance instead of passing it off, obviously great chance regardless but Sancho's decision making and willingness to pass instead of shoot has always been a highlight of his.

He sees the game so well...just needs a few others on that wavelength to get some combination play going.

His passing when he's being pressured is his best attribute for me. Had a really good month and added to it tonight.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
we’ve been so starved of quality attacking play that everyone’s going way over the top with Sancho.

He’s been decent, nothing more than a 6.5 out of 10 so far. Nani showed far more in his first season by this point.

Our standards have gone so far low that everyone’s raving about this so much.

Skills

Snitch
His dribbling reminds me a bit of Suarez. Weird knack of getting tackled and still managing to keep the ball.

Could just be lucky

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Im seeing rashford influence on him because he's started to hog the ball. He beat the defender a couple of times and instead of passing/crossing the ball he tried to take on a wall of defenders and lost the ball.

Beat the defender, pass the ball. Simple.

predator

Youth NITK
His touch is unreal. I remember when we signed him and alot of people, on here and elsewhere, thought he was some pacey winger. They were disappointed to find out he's not and never will be. He never was and the reason why he has excelled and become a professional footballer at the highest level because he has been tearing apart players for a while.
He's a very intelligent player but we arent even yet to see his true football intelligence as we don't even have a winning style yet but his close control, quick thinking, feints and I will say composure beats pace and power all day long for me.

lost7

we’ve been so starved of quality attacking play that everyone’s going way over the top with Sancho.

He’s been decent, nothing more than a 6.5 out of 10 so far. Nani showed far more in his first season by this point.

I think this season overall he's been poor, but I'd say the last 3/4 games he's been our best player. Nothing outstanding mind you, but he's clearly showed what he's about. And it's nice to have a winger who's willing to consistently take on a man and also doesn't have the decision making of a sunday league striker. Remember that he's still 21 (will turn 22 next month) so he has massive room for improvement, especially as he gets more and more used to the premier league

Witchking

Which players and what quality of players played with Nani and what quality of players are playing with Sancho?

Looking at United's quality of football, he is head at shoulders above everyone except bruno and de gea

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Which players and what quality of players played with Nani and what quality of players are playing with Sancho?

Looking at United's quality of football, he is head at shoulders above everyone except bruno and de gea
Thats exactly what I’m saying. Half-decent performances make us so excited - I’m lamenting the fall in standards. I don’t have anything against Sancho, hope he keeps this up and improves as we enter the crunch period of the season.

Alfie092

Slowly getting there. Think initially the pace of the PL was a huge shock for him and he wasn't there stamina wise to keep up. He is so talented I'm not worried about him at all and will come good for us for sure!

Terry Chango

Im seeing rashford influence on him because he's started to hog the ball. He beat the defender a couple of times and instead of passing/crossing the ball he tried to take on a wall of defenders and lost the ball.

Beat the defender, pass the ball. Simple.
Right.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The talent is clearly there. The nutmeg , the pace, the short passing. Needs to work on stamina, crossing and decision making/shooting. Looking like a young Hazard out there

Frank Grimes

Didn't think he was great last night. Missed a great chance at 0-0. Was also quiet for large spells.
Still miles better than Rashford or Greenwood talent (and effort) wise but still want to see more.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's looking fit and confident now, and his speed has definitely returned. He blitzed past defenders last night ,and won a foot race with Lamptey too. - should be the first name attacker in the pitch.

Unlucky not to have scored again yesterday. No idea why we subbed him offf instead of Elanga, maybe we are protecting him a little towards the end of matches still as he does tire out a bit.

rooney2009

He reminds me of a young Ronaldo
great skills and can beat a man but final decision lacking
He is easily becoming my favourite utd player at the moment

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Is it just me or is he starting to outpace defenders much more regularly than before these past 3 or so games?
He may not rely on it as much, but he definitely has some pace to burn. Love how he almost always seems to casually find a pass infield in the final 3rd
Certainly. Seems like his fitness levels have improved alongside his confidence.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Presumably a coincidence, but the Sancho we've seen before and after Greenwood went away are night and day.

Great to see him looking so confident and showing a bit of what he's about in a United shirt.

ash_86

Complete turnaround from initial games. He goes forward also tracks back which i like the most. His final ball/shot is still not perfect yet but he will get there.

Bruno8

Looking great in moments and needs to be less selfish in some instances and pass the ball to unmarked team mates in the box

PoTMS

Now this is the Sancho I was expecting from Dortmund. Still a long way to go but much more promising than a few weeks back.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To be honest, with his range of skills, decision making and general impact on games in all areas... I think he's a player literally every team would love to have. In fact I'm pretty confident in my opinion that he would start for every team in the world, apart from PSG (as they have Neymar/Mbappe/Messi).

Provides an insane amount of ball progression through his passing or dribbling, makes good decisions often and has a huge impact on the build up and in the final third, works hard with his pressing and tracks back, good off the ball movement. Glad we finally managed to bring him in, and he'll be a key player for a long long time thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.