5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

United in sin

That is Bruno’s own responsibility. Our attack isn’t ‘based around’ him. In fact, what does that mean, in real terms?
He expects the ball to be played to him at every opportunity in the box and his negative body language and lack of workrate heaps pressure on his teammates.

You don't think this affects how the rest of the attacking players express themselves? They are expected to play to his strengths. He demands it on the pitch and he's the self proclaimed leader off it. Rangknick seemingly appears afraid to sub him early since the Brentford theatrics. I blame Rangknick for this

Greenwood was the only other attacker who ignored him and took his own chances where he saw fit and it caused a wedge between them behind the scenes. It really is all about him and it's impacting our play whether you see it or not. So yes, in my eyes we're building around Ronaldo whether intended or not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He expects the ball to be played to him at every opportunity in the box and his negative body language and lack of workrate heaps pressure on his teammates.

You don't think this affects how the rest of the attacking players express themselves? They are expected to play to his strengths. He demands it on the pitch and he's the self proclaimed leader off it. Rangknick seemingly appears afraid to sub him early since the Brentford theatrics. I blame Rangknick for this

Greenwood was the only other attacker who ignored him and took his own chances where he saw fit and it caused a wedge between them behind the scenes. It really is all about him and it's impacting our play whether you see it or not. So yes, in my eyes we're building around Ronaldo whether intended or not.
That is all conjecture and made up. He himself has played his teammates through on many occasions when they are better placed. And the Bruno you speak of has had plenty of presentable chances. And missed them. He’s also had many chances where he has opted to shoot himself instead of pass to an available Ronaldo. Like his goal against Brighton just the other day.

This is just one of those microwaveable pre-packaged football opinions that are so readily available, seemingly off the shelf, these days that people can just run with without thought because it sounds like something that could feasibly make sense. Ronaldo is a centre forward, and will of course expect the ball to be passed to him ffs!

3KDré

That is all conjecture and made up. He himself has played his teammates through on many occasions when they are better placed. And the Bruno you speak of has had plenty of presentable chances. And missed them. He’s also had many chances where he has opted to shoot himself instead of pass to an available Ronaldo. Like his goal against Brighton just the other day.

This is just one of those microwaveable pre-packaged football opinions that are so readily available, seemingly off the shelf, these days that people can just run with without thought because it sounds like something that could feasibly make sense. Ronaldo is a centre forward, and will of course expect the ball to be passed to him ffs!
I don't think it is made up, the truth is somewhere in between. If we are being completely objective, when Ole was here the team was based around him. I don't think that was intentional though. I think that the players, just like us, got caught up in the whole Ronnie being back thing and whether they did it on purpose or not they based their play on him and so they would play less of their own individual games. It's not that he demands it, more that because of who he is, the players kind of looked to him for the initiative to score goals and make plays rather than taking their own initiative. I noticed the same thing with Portugal, when he plays the whole team is more focussed on him, but when he doesn't I see players like Jota playing better for example. Since Rangnick has come in I have noticed this happening less hence why you are seeing Ronaldo scoring less but in my view being more of a team player, and as a whole the team is improving because of it.

pacifictheme

Think he's been one of our best players for weeks now. Getting better all the time.

Think a combination of the euros and very weird playing time under ole hurt his performances but now he's getting a better run of starts his talent is plain to see.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ole had no idea what we signed or how to utilise it.
That's another typical dumb comment here in the caf. Throwaway line.
He only chased him for 2 summers. And you think Ole has no idea what he signed?

Christ - the number of people here who just type without thinking. How did they get here into the mains?

Sylar

The timing off his assists too. The one for Fred was class. The one where he timed the pass to elangas first chance was brilliant too. Hes taking people on now too

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The timing off his assists too. The one for Fred was class. The one where he timed the pass to elangas first chance was brilliant too. Hes taking people on now too
It was very Dortmund. A fast flowing 1-2 touch goal that moved from right to left very quickly.

I love that Sancho looks to pass more than take a silly shot on. He should have had 3 assists today if Elanga tucked the first away.

The run by Fred really helped though, I'd love to see us make more overlapping runs like that.

It seems we are adjusting to how he likes to play, but more importantly he's much fitter and now the confidence is flowing.

Sylar

It was very Dortmund. A fast flowing 1-2 touch goal that moved from right to left very quickly.

I love that Sancho looks to pass more than take a silly shot on. He should have had 3 assists today if Elanga tucked the first away.

The run by Fred really helped though, I'd love to see us make more overlapping runs like that.

It seems we are adjusting to how he likes to play, but more importantly he's much fitter and now the confidence is flowing.
Yeah players moving off the ball. Think that was always gonna help Sancho. We need a few more players like that

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

Christ - the number of people here who just type without thinking. How did they get here into the mains?
Pipedown darling.

Are we suggesting it's an absolute coincidence that he's actually looked like the player we signed since he left (under both Carrick and RR?)..

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Pipedown darling.

Are we suggesting it's an absolute coincidence that he's actually looked like the player we signed since he left (under both Carrick and RR?)..
I'm with you and I don't think it is a coincidence that his best performances came for managers who are quite obsessed about details (Favre and Rangnick), despite having quite different styles. Sancho appears to be someone who really needs a clearly defined plan to follow and it seems likely that Ole did not give him that plan, so he looked lost.

Adam-Utd

Pipedown darling.

I think he's just genuinely getting fitter and used to the pace of the league. It really does make a huge difference.

Germany is a lot slower and you get way more space to take your time on the ball. What we are seeing now is him digging in and fighting.

Do you remember at the start he was getting the ball robbed off him easily, he was turning and passing backwards pretty much every time?

Now he's flying at this defenders, he's not losing the ball weakly under pressure.

He's just fitter, stronger and now playing at his top level. Whether he would have achieved that under Ole? He'd probably be on the bench still behind Martial or Rashy

United in sin

Well I don't agree and that's fine homie

sglowrider

I think he's just genuinely getting fitter and used to the pace of the league. It really does make a huge difference.

Germany is a lot slower and you get way more space to take your time on the ball. What we are seeing now is him digging in and fighting.

Do you remember at the start he was getting the ball robbed off him easily, he was turning and passing backwards pretty much every time?

Now he's flying at this defenders, he's not losing the ball weakly under pressure.

He's just fitter, stronger and now playing at his top level. Whether he would have achieved that under Ole? He'd probably be on the bench still behind Martial or Rashy
This.

He's a lot fitter and faster -- therefore more confident on taking players on.

Adam-Utd

This.

He's a lot fitter and faster -- therefore more confident on taking players on.
I think he had covid and pretty much zero pre season if I remember correctly? no wonder it was a difficult start for him.

Anyway, if we have this type of ability from him consistently from now on, I think we can all accept a slow start.

Wonder if people would still swap him for Grealish now?

Red00012

He’s been excellent the past few games , badly needed with the problems with Rashford and been without Greenwood

rotherham_red

Yeah players moving off the ball. Think that was always gonna help Sancho. We need a few more players like that
To be fair, Leeds are about as midtable Bundesliga as you're ever going to get in the PL... Not to denigrate the performance, it was class, but he and Rangnick will have much sterner tests than that

Sylar

To be fair, Leeds are about as midtable Bundesliga as you're ever going to get in the PL... Not to denigrate the performance, it was class, but he and Rangnick will have much sterner tests than that
Of course, but weve seen Sancho doing this last few games too. (this isnt a one off). Hes probably our most inform attacker at the moment.

rotherham_red

Of course, but weve seen Sancho doing this last few games too. (this isnt a one off). Hes probably our most inform attacker at the moment.
Agreed, but equally the level of opposition hasn't been the highest. Let's hope he can do something decisive in the games at the Etihad and Anfield. Imagine if he can somehow inspire us to a win in both games and beat Spurs :drool:

Abraxas

His confidence has gone up more than one notch since the start of the season. It's night and day.

He's gone from his first instinct being to lay the ball off, to pass inside or look for an overlap to his first choice being to isolate full backs with his running. They have no idea what he's doing to do, sometimes he goes past them and sometimes he finds a pass.

I think a big part of it is we're playing quicker football going forward. He's getting the ball in space more often than under Ole. In those matches I noticed that he'd always be doubled up on and he had no options, and he'd be picking the ball up on the half way line with every opposition player ahead. So I think you have to give some credit to Ralf for continually backing him and getting him positions to shine.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Agreed, but equally the level of opposition hasn't been the highest. Let's hope he can do something decisive in the games at the Etihad and Anfield. Imagine if he can somehow inspire us to a win in both games and beat Spurs :drool:
Much greater chance of him doing something now. Also I reckon the good teams will be keeping a much closer eye on him than they would have been in 2021. That should hopefully make extra space for the likes of Bruno and Pogba to conjure something up.

SoCross

A GIF of that run he made along the touch line prior to Elanga’s missed chance? Think he skinned two Leeds players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good game, he was always a threat. He took bit of time to adapt which is natural for a young player, now he is showing what he is capable of. Shame Shaw isn't supporting him well which makes his job harder than it should be.

foolsgold

He had no idea with Donny so it's hardly out side the bounds of possibility.

On Sancho, there's clear improvement, week on week. Really enthused about his future at the club and the things he's going to do.

Godfather

What a bit of confidence can do to a player.

Very happy with him. Looks really the part at the moment.

sglowrider

He had no idea with Donny so it's hardly out side the bounds of possibility.

On Sancho, there's clear improvement, week on week. Really enthused about his future at the club and the things he's going to do.
Nobody does. Its clear that Donnie wasn't Ole's buy. Going back to Sancho -- he looks like he shredded a couple of kilos and is a tad faster nowadays. He defo came into Carrington less fit than expected.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Really good to see that he is getting more and more confidence towards the end of the season.. He can become key towards getting into the CL spots towards the end of the season..

Corridor of Uncertainty

He's demonstrated over the last few weeks to be one of the best decision makers we have in the squad. And he looks after the ball so well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's class. Starting to become very composed in the final third and not rushing his decisions.

Doracle

Please please please can we start playing him on the right wing. He was virtually anonymous for 35 minutes and we then switched him over. He was immediately far more involved and created a great assist. Playing him as an inside right, interchanging with Bruno, will get far more out of his skillset.

Second half he looked a lot more confident generally and the play for the Elanga chance was excellent. Best I’ve seen him play in a United shirt.

led_scholes

The gap between him in terms of talent with our other wingers (Rashford, Lingard, Elanga) is laughable. This guy oozes class.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Very happy he's finally showing his quality weak in weak out.

Solskjaer's departure really was a blessing for him (and United itself, of course). More structure and cohesion in terms of build up and pressing and finally playing in his favorite role and position - inverted playmaking winger on the left ;)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Great great player, coupled with a very solid work rate too. Love watching him play and will wear no. 7 next season

Status
Not open for further replies.