Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant. Just loving him now. Kind of Neymar vibes . Not as pacy as him but the close control is just way too good. I'm glad he is given that left sided role because as much as I hate to say this , he is better on left than right.

Gazautd18

Love him.
Starting to look like the player we saw at Dortmund.
Think he will have a great end to the season if he keeps this form up.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is starting to get numbers for United which is great to see.

I'm hoping the goal or assists start turning to more 70 mins top opposition pressure performances because he can go a bit missing in the game even if he does produce a goal or assist.

For his first season though, it's absolutely great.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
"Maybe we should have signed ASM or any other wingers, wasted 70 million and all that", wondering if the posters still think that or realise that we have signed very talented player.

What a player he is and he is just warming up. Hopefully we hire proper manager who can create system to bring best out of players.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The pass infield to Ronaldo which led to a shot is what separated him from other wide players and the reason why he has so many assists at such a young age. Love a wide player who can play passes like that

Josh 76

The pass infield to Ronaldo which led to a shot is what separated him from other wide players and the reason why he has so many assists at such a young age. Love a wide player who can play passes like that
To be honest it was the first time I’ve seen him pass first time like that. Usually he’s been making the wrong choices since joining Utd.

Deery

Dreary
Glad to see him playing well, if he can consistently keep up these performances he will easily justify his price tag. Not ashamed to say I was harsh on him earlier on but he’s toughed it out and looks very good now, fair play Jadon.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Very encouraging signs from Sancho after Rangnick came in.

Hopefully the first steps towards becoming a great player for us. He’s great to watch!

RedRoach

Him, Ronaldo, Varane and De Gea are the only players in the squad playing consistently to the level required at United.

Sancho is just class, we just need more players in deeper positions who are consistently able to retain possession and find him in space.

Classical Mechanic

we were in jail with Ole:

fecking hell :lol:
Its not that crazy, it depends what you ask the wing backs to do. Look how many goals and assists Chilwell and James have this season for Chelsea (even while being injured for much of it). Tuchel also plays Hudson Odoi in this position when he plays the same position as Sancho naturally. Against a low block I don’t find this a strange approach as the wing backs are in effect extra attackers. Shame that Ole didn’t have the tactical knowledge or courage to try it.

Love Sancho as a player. Very smooth and considered.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Its not that crazy, it depends what you ask the wing backs to do. Look how many goals and assists Chilwell and James have this season for Chelsea (even while being injured for much of it). Tuchel also plays Hudson Odoi in this position when he plays the same position as Sancho naturally. Against a low block I don’t find this a strange approach as the wing backs are in effect extra attackers. Shame that Ole didn’t have the tactical knowledge or courage to try it.

Love Sancho as a player. Very smooth and considered.
It was a terrible idea, IMO. You typically want fast and strong player with a very high fitness level in these positions who can cover create distances and utilize space. That's the opposite of Sancho.

Solskjaer being fired is the best thing that could've happened to him :) I hope he can start an era now at United. Would be great to see if you could find back to former glory worth him being the young star and Ronaldo being the old guard at it. Best of the new and old, so to speak ;)

Classical Mechanic

It was a terrible idea, IMO. You typically want fast and strong player with a very high fitness level in these positions who can cover create distances and utilize space. That's the opposite of Sancho.

Solskjaer being fired is the best thing that could've happened to him :) I hope he can start an era now at United. Would be great to see if you could find back to former glory worth him being the young star and Ronaldo being the old guard at it. Best of the new and old, so to speak ;)
You don’t need that against a low block! Most of the time you’re high up the pitch, in possession and trying to unlock a defence.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You don’t need that against a low block! Most of the time you’re high up the pitch, in possession and trying to unlock a defence.
Yes, but primarily to provide width and make runs in behind :) And you need the athleticism for tracking back, too. Over here many teams play with wing backs and they're almost always energetic, strong and fast. Your Dani Alves type of player. Sancho actually played in a 3-4-2-1 in Dortmund a lot and was always used as a central player in it :)

Andersons Dietician

starting to see glimpses of the real Sancho. having the awareness and ability to get his head up and find the passes in the final 3rd. Played well yesterday.

Classical Mechanic

Yes, but primarily to provide width and make runs in behind :) And you need the athleticism for tracking back, too. Over here many teams play with wing backs and they're almost always energetic, strong and fast. Your Dani Alves type of player. Sancho actually played in a 3-4-2-1 in Dortmund a lot and was always used as a central player in it :)
You don’t need that much athleticism to track back against Burnley, the counters are generally limited. That’s why you have 3 centre backs too. Put an athlete like Bailly on the right side. Reece James is a contradiction to your point because his main weakness is a lack of pace so can be exposed yet Tuchel has him taking up centre forward positions sometimes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Left wing is 100% his at this point. Get us a left footed RW with pace and we’ll be floating.

arthurka

A player who is used to play for a manager who wants to press and play on the front foot. He has been very good under Ralf.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hasn't hit his BVB form yet, arguably under difficult circumstances at United because the team lacks cohesion, intelligence and confidence, but he's slowly getting there.

ti vu

It's still a terrible idea. Sancho is the kind of player you want and trust to give him the freedom to drift. A wingback primary priority is keeping the width most of the time. It's a the most misuse way for someone like Sancho. The wingback has the tendency to go outside more even against a packed defense.

Edit: Saw your other post. Reece James has the physique to force himself and be prevalent inside the box. Sancho is still the type that play the ball on the ground.

Tracking back is not just running. It's actually defending too as a defender when the other flank advance too much. ItKs the same old debate between Nani vs Valencia defensive attribute. Nani was no way lazy, or not tracking. The thing with Valencia is that he has defensive capacity almost near a full back, so he's often trusted when we need him to help the full back.

Last and most important point is that a a change in formation may some time have a surprising effect. However, without building a foundation for a system, and switching formation from game to game like Ole did, especially during this period of that tweet, it proved to be useless (ended up playing AWB as rwb vs Man City, and Bailly again struggling in back 3 as he did vs PSG on that Paris night). Players have to learn their roles. Chelsea under Tuchel, Conte teams have that as their main system. You don't expect a player that never that role to pick it up on short notice, and that's under a manager who don't really believe in that system.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Why sod Bruno?
A pretty good idea to just have both of them! I was looking forward to seeing Pogba in that creative role today with his control, but that was a huge let down. Not sure what's up with him. But no reason Sancho and Bruno can't excel together in that creative line behind the strikers.
I feel with Bruno on the pitch he automatically becomes the first option to receive the ball and his style is to go for the jugular as soon as possible. Its one of the reasons him and Rashford worked so well in the past. Sancho although he can run in behind as shown yesterday, he prefers a more patient approach he will break a team down in stages rather than with a Hollywood ball. This is the reason why I feel its important to get him the ball as much as possible.

Pogba while he still had legs yesterday was playing in a way to aid our team play which in turn helped Sancho.

I'm not necessarily saying Bruno and Sancho can't play together but if Bruno remains the main creative outlet of the team it won't fully get the best out of Sancho's playmaking because of Bruno's style. Sancho should be the main creative outlet of this team from next season hopefully.

Ibi Dreams

You can see he's one of the few players we have with the genuine technical ability required. Been a very hard first season for him but he's a baller. So glad we signed him

Swedish_Plumber

Need 3/4 players of his ilk. Don’t really care about extreme pace, technical ability trumps it all. City don’t have a flyer in their attack and it doesn’t matter.

Get a manager in who excels in using technical players and go from there.

Chief123

He is a player that he gives me confidence when he has the ball. Yeah, he makes some mistakes here and there, and he will continue to do so, but he has a really fine decision making.
Agreed. He looks so comfortable on the ball and on the eye. He reminds me a bit like hazard when he receives the ball. You feel like anything dangerous could happen or you’re confident he’s going to do something creative.

When some of our other players get it, I get anxiety just hoping they don’t make a mistake or give the ball away.

The way he provided the assist for Ronaldo was brilliant and much harder than some would appreciate. Played it early with his weaker foot and the correct pace to eliminate any chance of it being blocked out or defender getting back in time.

lost7

I do agree that I think we should focus our attacks around him. I feel like for as long as he has fuel in the tank he's our most consistent source of threat

SATA

He’s decently quick but i wish he has more pace, because he’ll be such a complete player. His first touch, control and decision making really reminds me of prime Eden Hazard, but Eden was probably faster. The left wing spot is surely his for the next decade for United and England

Rolaholic

Love this lad, got all the making of a really influential player for us over the long term

Status
Not open for further replies.