5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Ole said him and varane will be on the bench didn't he?
He did. But with Cavani also out our options are limited.

Greenwood And Bruno and a cert for the front 4. Rest is up in the air.

Options are:

1. Greenwood Bruno Martial James
2. Greenwood Bruno Pogba James
3. Greenwood Bruno Pogba Sancho
4. Greenwood Bruno Sancho James
5. Greenwood Bruno Martial Sancho
6. Greenwood Bruno Pogba Martial

I'm taking option 3 or 5 if Pogba is playing Midfield. James should not play. And Martial would probably be less fit than Sancho and Pogba with how long he has been out of football

Last edited:

Strats

Was he training alone? Not seeing any other players there

saivet

Was he training alone? Not seeing any other players there
Just about to say that it looks to be the case. There aren't many pictures but I haven't seen him in the group with any other players on Getty Images.

laughtersassassin

To the people thinking he won't start for a while I think your forgetting we only have 3 other options

Martial: would be less fit than Sancho with how long he has been out.

James: Most people would play Sancho over James no matter what. As would I.

Pogba: Will be playing CM as well.

2 of those 4 have to play so Sancho will be in sooner than later. Very possibly from the first game.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Interestingly you mentioned Pogba, I recall he was similar after the last World Cup, he came back the week of the season starting (France of course went to the final) and played against Leicester in the first game (even scored).

I don’t see why Sancho can’t be straight involved.
He was phenomenal that game as well

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He did. But with Cavani also out our options are limited.

Greenwood And Bruno and a cert for the front 4. Rest is up in the air.

Options are:

1. Greenwood Bruno Martial James
2. Greenwood Bruno Pogba James
3. Greenwood Bruno Pogba Sancho
4. Greenwood Bruno Sancho James
5. Greenwood Bruno Martial Sancho

I'm taking option 3 or 5 if Pogba is playing Midfield. James should not play. And Martial would probably be less fit than Sancho and Pogba with how long he has been out of football
What about Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno, Martial?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Possibly. But I really don't see how Martial would be more fit than Sancho

Was very rusty in the game versus Everton
Ole might also think in terms of team chemistry. Sancho only will have about 5 sessions with the lads ahead of the game. But you might well be right.

Gandalf

To the people thinking he won't start for a while I think your forgetting we only have 3 other options

Martial: would be less fit than Sancho with how long he has been out.

James: Most people would play Sancho over James no matter what. As would I.

Pogba: Will be playing CM as well.

2 of those 4 have to play so Sancho will be in sooner than later. Very possibly from the first game.
I actually think we probably intend picking the same XI that started against Everton unless something really pushes Ole into a change during training this week. I do think James is pencilled in to start and that is partially due to the opposition, the way Leeds play always leaves space at the back which suits James as an attacker, it is the low block that is his kryptonite and James is also the most consistent at tackling back and putting in a shift defensively which against the workrate of Leeds will be valuable. I believe Sancho will be introduced in the second half when he can have some fun running at tired legs.

Shimo

At first thought he was training with one ear pod in his ear, something kids love to do for some reason. But, it was cotton wool, looked very weird.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
At first thought he was training with one ear pod in his ear, something kids love to do for some reason. But, it was cotton wool, looked very weird.
Is that what it was? I thought AirPod at first but that seemed silly. Why did he have cotton wool?

laughtersassassin

Ole might also think in terms of team chemistry. Sancho only will have about 5 sessions with the lads ahead of the game. But you might well be right.
I actually think we probably intend picking the same XI that started against Everton unless something really pushes Ole into a change during training this week. I do think James is pencilled in to start and that is partially due to the opposition, the way Leeds play always leaves space at the back which suits James as an attacker, it is the low block that is his kryptonite and James is also the most consistent at tackling back and putting in a shift defensively which against the workrate of Leeds will be valuable. I believe Sancho will be introduced in the second half when he can have some fun running at tired legs.
Maybe. We will see. I think there will be a few changes.

It's funny that James is always cited at being able to expose teams with a high line and on paper it makes sense but we basically never see it.

Bondi77

Leeds run for the full game and James comes into his own in these games and we can introduce Sancho in the following game.
We do not need to risk him in this game and it will give him more time to get up to speed training with his new teammates.

Red00012

The season could do with been postponed for a week , it feels like it’s too soon for the likes of Martial , Sancho and Varane

Mr Smith

Interestingly you mentioned Pogba, I recall he was similar after the last World Cup, he came back the week of the season starting (France of course went to the final) and played against Leicester in the first game (even scored).

I don’t see why Sancho can’t be straight involved.
You're misremembering; his first game was against Southampton; we didn't play Leicester until several weeks later. He was good in that game too though.

I think there's a fairly good chance Sancho starts the first game of the season, but even of he's only on the bench, he'll be starting before you know it.

acnumber9

You're misremembering; his first game was against Southampton; we didn't play Leicester until several weeks later. He was good in that game too though.

I think there's a fairly good chance Sancho starts the first game of the season, but even of he's only on the bench, he'll be starting before you know it.
He’s referring to the 18/19 season. Not the season we signed him.

Leonzo1

Reckon he'll get around 30 minutes agains leeds and the he starts the next match.

----------------------Martial------------------
James---------Bruno----------Greenwood
---------------Matic--------Fred----------

I'm guessing the above will start against leeds. Fairly happy with that.

Shimo

Is that what it was? I thought AirPod at first but that seemed silly. Why did he have cotton wool?
Maybe my old eyes are playing tricks but, towards the end of the video when they have a close up, it looks like a shaggy piece of cotton wool.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Nope, different seasons, one after Euro 16, other after Russia 18.

MadMike

Reckon he'll get around 30 minutes agains leeds and the he starts the next match.

I doubt Matic and James both start ahead of Pogba.

walkyle

Reminds me of school when some nerd did all the extra homework and teachers and parents started to ask normal kids why they didn’t do the same. And everyone hated the nerds for this.

I’m not a big fun of Maguire and Shaw going back early but I also can’t understand why fan don’t see the difference. I believe Sancho wes quite busy moving to Manchester, finding a new house, new car, taking car of stuff in Dortmund so Ole and the coaches decided to give him a few more days. It’s not very easy to move to a new place and you don’t want to start your new job right after your plane landed.
Aww, great this reminds me about Shaw's store and the Shaws Employee Benefits working at their store.

Borninthe80ts

I see this as the best way to tactically approach things. Start martial who needs the minutes most, rather than expecting him to come on and 'save' us. James gives us energy an direct game I believe we will need against Leeds. And Matic can hopefully carry on his pre season form next to Fred's enthusiasm. Fingers crossed bringing on Sancho, Pogba and MC T to close the game out and control possession.

Vaibhav Raj

Any images of Sancho training with the first team out yet? I was just wondering how likely he is to start the game against Leeds.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any images of Sancho training with the first team out yet? I was just wondering how likely he is to start the game against Leeds.
He will be on the bench, I doubt he will play more than 30 minutes. 1 Week of training isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.