Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks very physically solid, bulked up for the PL?
nope, he’s always been strong with good balance.

the bundesliga isn’t a land of wimps you know :lol: if he can do it against the likes of bayern I think he will manage ok here.

Andersons Dietician

Obviously the team took their foot off the gas in a major way and we just cruised to a victory and didn’t really get him involved that much. However that one pass where he tried to slip in Bissaka is what he’s about. Just making great decisions and finding passes that no one else does and executing them. Hopefully much more of things like that to come but ending in a goal or something.

MadMike

Ole should have instead played martial on the left, greenwood forward and sancho on the right.
Don't think so. Martial is better up front than on the left, Sancho is better left than right and Greenwood has built most of his experience from the right.

It made complete sense.

MadMike

If we're going by stats the Sancho is better central.
Disagree, because if we're going by stats the sample of games played centrally is not big enough to draw solid conclusions.

According to transfermarkt in his senior career he has 154 games from the wings (82 left and 72 right) and only 22 games centrally (19 in AM and 3 in CF). There's an exact 7-to-1 difference in the sample size. Also many of these games where he's listed as AM or CF he was actually playing/starting from the wing but the heatmap brought him centrally (like probably Pogba today).

Besides, I was merely comparing left to right as he won't be playing #10 or #9 for us, because we simply have better options there.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
His touch looked a little heavy which was to be expected considering he's only been training since Monday. Like any new player to the league, he will need time to settle and find his rythym with his new teammates, let's hope our fanbase are patient with him!

Nicolarra90

No goals, no assists, barely touched the ball. What a flop!

Sack Sancho, sell Ole

Kaizane

Obviously the team took their foot off the gas in a major way and we just cruised to a victory and didn’t really get him involved that much. However that one pass where he tried to slip in Bissaka is what he’s about. Just making great decisions and finding passes that no one else does and executing them. Hopefully much more of things like that to come but ending in a goal or something.
Noticed that too. He's got an eye for angles others don't see. Once he's settled in we're in for a treat.

tjb

More of a Hazard / Sterling hybrid for me.
Not really. His dribbling isn't as tight as Hazard, he uses his positioning and intelligence to create spaces to drive into, which is more comparable to Neymar.

tjb

Yeah I think once he is up to speed and Cavani is back he is going to love him.
He's going to be really dangerous when we're dealing with low blocks. He has the intelligence to use space and touches to get into the right zones like Ozil, but he also has pace and in combination with his spatial intelligence, means he knows how and where to run into.

Thiagoal

So Ole sees him as a left winger?

I'd imagine Ole sees him operating left, right and central (ala CR7) At the moment with Pogba's form I think he'll play right with Money Mason down the middle

lost7

He better start on the right on Sunday or I'm not gonna be impressed. We've already got enough left wingers in the team as it is

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Did anybody really expect us to sign a right winger>? :wenger:

macheda14

I think with Rashford being out we’ll see a lot of Sancho on the left and Greenwood on the right.

Raw

Is this gonna be a repeat of the Sanchez situation where we all thought he'd play on the right, only for him to play on the left and leave a gaping hole on the RW yet again :lol:

Macern

Pee pee pants
Is this gonna be a repeat of the Sanchez situation where we all thought he'd play on the right, only for him to play on the left and leave a gaping hole on the RW yet again :lol:
Obviously not, when Rashford is back he's going to play right. As for now, he'll probably play mostly on the left when Cavani is back and before that on the right with Pogba on the left and Mason up front.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Didn’t the Bundesliga fans in here say he played on the left quite a bit at Dortmund (though fluid)?
He's both. It'll just depend on availability.
If it's a big game with Pogba on the wing, then Sancho will play on the right. If Rashford is playing, then Sancho will play on the right. If we play Cavani or Martial and Greenwood together, then Sancho will play on the left. As of now, probably our most common lineup will have Sancho on the left due to Rashfords injury. But in the end he'll be more on the right IMO.

Blood Mage

He'll be drifting between the left and the right most games, we'll see quite a lot of interchange in attack I think.

E-mal

Obviously not, when Rashford is back he's going to play right. As for now, he'll probably play mostly on the left when Cavani is back and before that on the right with Pogba on the left and Mason up front.
The complete disregard of Martial, I reckon he will play more than Cavani and Mason, Ole believes in him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He'll be eased into the team from the left hand side as it's the 'easier' position to play for a right footer, and with Rashford being out. But long-term, he'll play both positions as he's very good at either, unlike Rashford and Martial, for example, who are miles worse on the right (compared to the left).

E-mal

You're joking right?
If it weren't for the injury he would have been heavily involved. Cavani cannot keep up with the number of games due to age and Greenwood will struggle with teams that we need hold up play.
Of course I might be wrong but that's my opinion though. We will wait and see.

Macern

Pee pee pants
If it weren't for the injury he would have been heavily involved. Cavani cannot keep up with the number of games due to age and Greenwood will struggle with teams that we need hold up play.
Of course I might be wrong but that's my opinion though. We will wait and see.
Martial scored 4 goals in 1488 league minutes last season, I seriously doubt he'll be preferred ahead of a fit Greenwood and Cavani regardless of opponent. Obviously he'll play when other players need a rest, but unless he improves massively I don't see him starting a lot of important games.

Status
Not open for further replies.