View full 2021-22 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of posters mention that he is slow.

His main strength is meant to be dodging tackles with his, street football honed, skills.

Even on form he is not a pacy winger. I can't see the point of criticising him for being, relatively, slow.

Even if our scouts happened to be inept-they would have known what type of player we were buying.

I am pretty sure that noone inside the club is expecting him to be fast.

Zen86

He was pretty poor today. Didn’t do anything of note and was sloppy quite a bit. That said, it was a pretty shit game all round so I’m sure he’ll improve

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Doesn't explain not being able to take on a single player, mis-placing passes and just jogging around. Generational talent you said?
He is a generational talent. He had 86% passing anyway, so if you're going to crucify him for misplacing 1 or 2 passes then sure I guess.

He's a link up player. Probably confidence isn't up there so he didn't take on players when he had the ball, but they did also cover his side constantly. Our whole team was garbage anyway. He was invisible, but when our tactic was at it was today, no, Sancho won't have an impact. When we decide to play as a team, he'll turn into a star here. We'll achieve feck all if we play like today's tactics and just swap players around. It was a fecking joke the lack of any team link up play or balance.

lostcauz

Not even looking at his performances, he shouldn’t have been a priority when Pogba finished last season starting on the left and with the other attacking options we have for the wings. Bissouma + Neves or similar whilst not the most exciting signings were what we needed.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wasn't hyped with this signing because I thought he'd be another Kagawa/Mata in that he needs the team to play well in order to play well himself. It's why I never thought he should start ahead of Rashford/Sterling/Grealish for England.

What we needed was a player who can take the game by the scruff of the neck if the team is having an off day. I've never seen Sancho do that, and that's why I think Grealish would've been the better signing.

When Ronaldo and Rashford come in, he's going to find games hard to come by as those two, along with Cavani and Greenwood, are simply better. Pogba is, too, on the left.

Devil81

People saying he was terrible, no he wasn't. He just kept it far too simple for my liking.

I was expecting a player who would take the game to the opposition.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know it's one game so I will be patient -

But that free ability behind German defenders vs English teams are night and day.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Which could be a serious problem if in the same team with Ronaldo and Pogba.
I said a while ago that Bruno essentially replaced Pogba as the 10 and Sancho would replace Pogba's creative role from wide, and that you can't get all of them in the same balanced side. But that's no different to Rashford in for Sancho. It's the same problem as before. There is no way to balance out our team with Pogba playing deeper behind our attackers.

There's hope for Sancho, Bruno and Pogba together in the 3 behind a striker like Ronaldo, because of his movement. But then you leave out one of Greenwood or Rashford. Pogba is class but long term I thought the plan was going to be:

Greenwood
Rashford Bruno Sancho
2 new mids
Pogba doesn't work in that setup. He never will.

Gibb11

That's not a new thing.

He does nothing out of possession. Bottom 10% of active wide players in most pressing and defensive metrics.
fair play, hes new to me only seen like 4 games of him, bit worrying to me you say that, better deliver offensively if your so non existant defensively at Manchester United

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Playing against high defensive lines on
Which could be a serious problem if in the same team with Ronaldo and Pogba.
You could certainly notice the lack of pressing today and how easy it was for Wolves to push forward. 3 luxury players is going to be too much.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Hope he is not going to be another Kagawa or Mkhit for us, early signs are worrying. But I still have faith in him, just need more time to adapt I guess.

But anyway, Greenwood > Sancho on right side. I have no doubts on that one.

mu4c_20le

Alot of posters mention that he is slow.

His main strength is meant to be dodging tackles with his, street football honed, skills.

Even on form he is not a pacy winger. I can't see the point of criticising him for being, relatively, slow.

Even if our scouts happened to be inept-they would have known what type of player we were buying.

I am pretty sure that noone inside the club is expecting him to be fast.
Could've just signed Ravel for free

Tony247

Go easy on the kid. He is young, first time playing in PL, tough for him to settle so quickly. He will come around.

Jev

I wasn't hyped with this signing because I thought he'd be another Kagawa/Mata in that he needs the team to play well in order to play well himself. It's why I never thought he should start ahead of Rashford/Sterling/Grealish for England.

What we needed was a player who can take the game by the scruff of the neck if the team is having an off day. I've never seen Sancho do that, and that's why I think Grealish would've been the better signing.

When Ronaldo and Rashford come in, he's going to find games hard to come by as those two, along with Cavani and Greenwood, are simply better. Pogba is, too, on the left.
Early days but yeah, you could easily see him fall back into the pecking order quite quickly. If Martial regains his form, we might be in a position where Sancho would be fifth-choice winger (behind Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, Martial). Hindsight is easy and we didn't know Ronaldo was coming, but looking at the squad now, it's hard to say he was a necessary signing. Certainly not a promising performance today.

Real Name

We played 3 games and he started one of them. You can't possibly draw any long term conclusions from that. Especially not Mickhi or Kagawa comparisons.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
If Daniel James can at least put a few crosses in, Sancho can. This game is not good for a young, new player like him. Should have started against Leeds to boost his confidence but there'll be more chances along the way, next home game he has to start. Has the talent but he looked nervous.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Main issue today was how passive he was. He kept passing back and sideways — definitely think it’s a confidence thing. I’m so sure he’ll be class, don’t let me down Jadon.

Abraxas

A very slow start. He looks off the pace, he's not anticipating the space he has and when he's being pressed. He's not finding enough space or making incisive runs.

We also aren't getting the ball to him quickly which does not help because he's never facing anybody up in a dangerous position. He usually had the ball back to goal, or 40 yards out with one presser and another on the cover meaning a dribble attempt was secondary to simply finding a team mate.

Some work to be done on his adjustment to the league and cohesion in the side. We need to pass the ball much more quickly.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I said a while ago that Bruno essentially replaced Pogba as the 10 and Sancho would replace Pogba's creative role from wide, and that you can't get all of them in the same balanced side. But that's no different to Rashford in for Sancho. It's the same problem as before. There is no way to balance out our team with Pogba playing deeper behind our attackers.

There's hope for Sancho, Bruno and Pogba together in the 3 behind a striker like Ronaldo, because of his movement. But then you leave out one of Greenwood or Rashford. Pogba is class but long term I thought the plan was going to be:

Greenwood
Rashford Bruno Sancho
2 new mids
Pogba doesn't work in that setup. He never will.
I think Pogba is far better than Rashford or Sancho in LWF (left side attacking midfield) role.

Orton

If Daniel James can at least put a few crosses in, Sancho can. This game is not good for a young, new player like him. Should have started against Leeds to boost his confidence but there'll be more chances along the way, next home game he has to start. Has the talent but he looked nervous.
He is one of the most expensive signings ever. Not some youth player.

Worrying considering this is how we’ve played against pressing teams for as long as I remember. He barely got a sniff and when he did he offered nothing. Bundesliga gave him space to work in. Won’t be afforded that here.

Pronewbie

Peep
I thought he'd be more of a chance creator with threatening dribbles and passes.. Hopefully Ronaldo teaches him a thing or 2.

Greenwood is staking a strong claim for a starting spot on the right wing, with Rashford / Pogba / Martial on the left.

We've got very strong competition on the wings now.

MadMike

He'll take a bit of time to adapt to the league and his new team. He sure won't be getting as much space as he go in the Bundesliga, that's for sure.

Orton

I think Pogba is far better than Rashford or Sancho in LWF (left side attacking midfield) role.
Ideally we play him there and have a better midfielder sitting back instead of Pogba. He was our best player in the first 2 games and we missed the attacking outlet today.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Early days but yeah, you could easily see him fall back into the pecking order quite quickly. If Martial regains his form, we might be in a position where Sancho would be fifth-choice winger (behind Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, Martial). Hindsight is easy and we didn't know Ronaldo was coming, but looking at the squad now, it's hard to say he was a necessary signing. Certainly not a promising performance today.
It's kinda crazy when you think about it. Ronaldo coming in and Pogba owning the left has pushed him right down the pecking order. After chasing him for so long, and spending so much, it'd be weird to see him as a squad player but he just isn't as good as his competition right now.

MattofManchester

He plays with zero confidence for us. Always hesitates on the ball.

He needs to relax and play his game.

The pressure of the club has got to him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I was hoping he would dribble more. Very passive. It’s early days but we’ve seen this with many of our flops before. He needs to do more.

DomM

not the greatest debut but let's give him time to settle into the league and the team, he's very young and it's a big move for him, let's judge him at the end of his first season.

Vaibhav Raj

This one time the cameras were on Solskjaer and you could see Sancho sat behind him, having been subbed, shaking his head, looking unhappy with himself. Dortmund fans really held him in super high regards and he did have a poor start there as well in the previous season. Maybe he's no Bruno who will just come in and start firing on all cylinders. Maybe he will take his time. Today he was static, looked disinterested in running or making space for himself, and appeared too keen to just play real intricate, short passes which didn't help in this specific match where we were already looking dreadful and ponderous on the ball.

The talent is there and was fleetingly visible in some quick touches and dribbles, especially one right at the beginning of the game. He's just got to get his energy levels up a few notches which should come with more game time

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ideally we play him there and have a better midfielder sitting back instead of Pogba. He was our best player in the first 2 games and we missed the attacking outlet today.
Also, I think with Ronaldo joining us, its better to have Pogba as our creative outlet, rather than having Sancho or Rashford on the left.

Greenwood must start on the right by the way. And we must play with solid double pivot DM. No more Pogba in DM please.

Status
Not open for further replies.