Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We've been dupe once again by Dortmund, he won't make it here, I'll be glad if he proves me wrong.

Yes he's a flair player with skills and technical abilities but in the EPL you have to be ready to run at full backs directly and purposefully, which he's not been prepared to do for the 3 games he's played

It would have been better if United took Vinicious Jr on loan when the chance was offered, as he is very direct and I think he suits United style of play better.
I trust Sancho and I believe he'll come good but Vinicius suits our play more. Where players are isolated and need to produce magic individually.

kirk buttercup

I can't believe the number of fans who think he was poor against Newcastle. He was part of a number of dangerous moves which he could have easily had a goal or an assist. He was very good against Newcastle.
I thought so too. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a different match

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
New league and new system yes. But 21 is not a young player with that amount of CL games and internationals.

He needs time and games but when Rashford returns he could be seeing a lot of the bench.
He's not a robot. He's still a kid at 21. Moving home, playing in front of 75k fans at OT, rubbing shoulders with legends like Ronaldo, this all carries a certain pressure that he hadn't had to deal with before. Expecting him to be settled after starting just his 2nd game is a completely unrealistic expectation at his age. Some players are fine with it, others need more time. Shit, I'm in my 30s and I still feeling rattled when starting a new job, as I'm sure you would be.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't believe the number of fans who think he was poor against Newcastle. He was part of a number of dangerous moves which he could have easily had a goal or an assist. He was very good against Newcastle.
Agreed. I think some just expect a goal or assist ever game otherwise it's deemed a poor performance.

It was a solid game, yes he could have done some things better but it wasn't bad at all.

macheda14

If Bruno hadn't have played that pass quite behind him I think he would have gotten a goal

ivaldo

We've been dupe once again by Dortmund, he won't make it here, I'll be glad if he proves me wrong.

Yes he's a flair player with skills and technical abilities but in the EPL you have to be ready to run at full backs directly and purposefully, which he's not been prepared to do for the 3 games he's played

It would have been better if United took Vinicious Jr on loan when the chance was offered, as he is very direct and I think he suits United style of play better.
Yeah, we'll judge Sancho after 2 fecking starts and decide he's terrible, and should've instead signed Vini Jr, who spent 2 seasons launching the ball into the stands and being criticized by RM fans. Flawless logic there.

Oh what's that? Sancho took players on considerably more last season compared to Vini? Yeah but that's all changed now. We've seen a whole two starts from Jadon and he's a completely different player now.

Am I in an alternate reality?

Last edited:

Castia

Started last season slow and fans were saying thank God we didn’t buy him…..before finding form again and ripping the league up.

He will be fine

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Come on, he might come out good but he has not yet had a single game where he`s been impressive. What standards do some fans in here have ?

I`ve been very consistent in my view on him, and i said from day one that he aint as good as people in here want him to be. I`ve watched the majority of Dortmund games since Haaland joined them and he never impressed me, and looked like a player who would fit us. People in here are so shallow in their analysis of players. Its always stats stats stats. I fecking hate stats. He also is a player who has been having attitude problems over the years.

Grealish was the deal for me, or a CM + RB.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yeah its definitely too early but you can only comment on what you've seen till now, might as well close the thread if you can't discuss a player before he's played X amount of games.
If a player was ripping it up in Germany, France or any other league and suddenly starts dropping 5/10 performances after moving to PL its always concerning.
It isn’t concerning in the slightest. Only daft reactionary people will be concerned by 4 games. The thread may as well be closed because no rational reasonable judgements can be made until at least half a season of evidence.

mu4c_20le

So we are going to go off on a tangent now....so you genuinely believe sancho is only "worth" £36m?

To come to that conclusion just illustrates that you've barely watched any of his career so far.
Would you pay 72m for him if he was 30 years old?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
In one game (hopefully in the next few weeks and hopefully at OT) he will probably score the 3rd or 4th United goal of the game, OT will erupt and from there he will come good.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Yeah, we'll judge Sancho after 2 fecking starts and decide he's terrible, and should've instead signed Vini Jr, who spent 2 seasons launching the ball into the stands and being criticized by RM fans. Flawless logic there.

Oh what's that? Sancho took players on considerably more last s

eason compared to Vini? Yeah but that's all changed now. We've seen a whole two starts from Jadon and he's a completely different player now.

Am I in an alternate reality?
You can say what you like, but unless Sancho Changes his game and makes it more less predictable by not always coming inside with the ball, by showing some change of pace by going out side to the baseline to either dink in an early cross or flasing it across the face of goal he'll fail here,

Why?? because the EPL defenders don't enjoy defending low balls into the 6 yard box but are capable of defending one twos in and around the 18 yard box.

Put it this way if you flash a low ball or a dink ball into a crowded 6 yard area, 3× in a match one would trun out to be a goal, same can not be said about attempting one twos in and around the 18 yard box when the team is set at a low block, 4× of of 5 the defense deals with it.

How's is that for a Flawless logic?

Offsideagain

We have to give the lad a little time. He was used to playing in a dominant team in Germany and now he’s finding his feet with a team coached by people who are also finding their feet. If he’s not tearing up trees by Christmas, then it is another Mkhitaryan job. Hyped to death but turned out to be ordinary.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We have to give the lad a little time. He was used to playing in a dominant team in Germany and now he’s finding his feet with a team coached by people who are also finding their feet. If he’s not tearing up trees by Christmas, then it is another Mkhitaryan job. Hyped to death but turned out to be ordinary.
That's not how it works.

There's no time limit, not 2 games, not 2 months, not 2 seasons. I'm not being funny but Sancho didn't just play well because he played at Dortmund, if you can't see what he did individually and not realise he's a good player then I have no idea.

He's had no pre season, he's played literally 2 and a bit league games and 45 minutes of a CL tie. Give the kid a chance to get fully fit and actually get used to playing in the side eh?

ivaldo

You can say what you like, but unless Sancho Changes his game and makes it more less predictable by not always coming inside with the ball, by showing some change of pace by going out side to the baseline to either dink in an early cross or flasing it across the face of goal he'll fail here,

Why?? because the EPL defenders don't enjoy defending low balls into the 6 yard box but are capable of defending one twos in and around the 18 yard box.

Put it this way if you flash a low ball or a dink ball into a crowded 6 yard area, 3× in a match one would trun out to be a goal, same can not be said about attempting one twos in and around the 18 yard box when the team is set at a low block, 4× of of 5 the defense deals with it.

He's been doing that considerably longer than Vini has. 2 starts doesn't suddenly scrub history clean.

Here's some numbers that haven't been made up based on last season (per 90min):

Successful Take-ons
Sancho: 3.4
Vini Jr: 2.1

Crosses Attempted
Sancho: 46
Vini Jr: 1.8

Crossing Accuracy %
Sancho: 23.81
Vinci Jr: 17.95

Chances created:
Sancho: 3.1
Vini Jr: 1.6

So, bearing in mind you've decided, again, after 2 starts, that Vini Jr is the better option based on his directness, his ability to take players on, and your thought that crossing is king, I'd say your flawless logic (or rather, made up numbers) is pretty damn flawed.

Stacks

th
This isn't fifa career mode mate. No club expects immediate results except for unrealisitc fans.

Look at Havertz for Chelsea....very expensive signing and took most of the first season to start showing his class and ultimately helping them with the UCL.

Maguire - £80m and took a while to start showing consistency and become a rock solid defender in our team.

Pogba - £90m and only now we are seeing the best of him on a consistent basis.
that was his solitary CL goal. I wouldn't say one moment is akin to "showing ones class" otherwise Torres was a success at Chelsea!

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Bigger picture:

We brought in 3 massive signings this window.

2 have hit the ground running - Ronaldo (unsurprisingly) and Varane's looked imperious.

Sancho has started 2 league games so far this season, looked good in patches, whilst the team settles into the season.

Lad is 21 playing in a new league, a new team, coming in off the back of an injury/draining international tournament.

He'll be fine.

Polar

Don’t worry be happy.. Just saying ;)

Despite Sancho has played only two matches and underperformed (according to his standard), he has played descent and been an upgrade from James already.

He will bring a lot more to the table very soon.

Let’s forget (PlayStation) people who are concluding already now or talk about Vini Jr. This isn’t a gaming arena for FIFA2021:nono:

Last edited:

Daonico

Bigger picture:

We brought in 3 massive signings this window.

2 have hit the ground running - Ronaldo (unsurprisingly) and Varane's looked imperious.

Sancho has started 2 league games so far this season, looked good in patches, whilst the team settles into the season.

Lad is 21 playing in a new league, a new team, coming in off the back of an injury/draining international tournament.

He'll be fine.
No wonder the one who is little more than a kid is the one having some trouble either
I think one of the best things about signing Ronaldo is how he attracts to pressure to himself (who can manage it perfectly). Imagine how much stick would Sancho be getting if he was our main offensive incoming.

Blood Mage

He was putting up elite stats for Dortmund for two seasons in a row, and he's only 21. He'll be fine. He needs to get used to playing in a more direct way and I'm confident he will do in time.

I also don't think Mkhitaryan was a dud either, Mourinho just ruined him like he ruins most attacking players at his disposal these days.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
No wonder the one who is little more than a kid is the one having some trouble either
I think one of the best things about signing Ronaldo is how he attracts to pressure to himself (who can manage it perfectly). Imagine how much stick would Sancho be getting if he was our main offensive incoming.
Completely agree with this - especially if we'd gone for him last summer and paid more than we did. People seem to be forgetting the good price we were able to get for him this summer.

Also - his signing has meant we've been able to get Rashford the treatment he seems to have needed for ages, and improve the squad as a whole.

The impatience in some fans is baffling.

Chief123

Wow, how are you not a premier league manager? You've found the secret formula to success. "Flash a low ball or dink ball into a crowded 6 yard area and you will get a goal every 3 attempts"....absolute genius. This is where Ole is going wrong!

I hope you realise that even if a player is "predictable", they can still be extremely successful. Sancho coming inside with the ball and doing lots of quick one-twos is a large part of his game. He has had amazing success so far doing that. The whole of Bundesliga knew his game yet he was still able to be one of the outstanding performers.

Salah plays very predictable for Liverpool. He wants to come inside all the time and get shots off with his left foot. Nothing unpredictable. He's just brilliant at doing it time and time again.

Basically, your post makes no sense.

yamo123x

Very early days but a goal will help him. Tough playing 3rd fiddle to Ronaldo and Varane signings but i believe in him.

For me he looks not so sharp and nimble at the moment ...this will come with games i guess. Big game at West Ham this week i have a feeling Lingard will get nod ahead of him

Chief123

I mentioned this in another post. Sancho will be the biggest benefactor of the Ronaldo signing simply because it takes all the attention away from him.

The posters on here having absolute meltdowns about his limited game time so far will soon realise how prematurely foolish their assessment was.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
His workrate isn't that great. Is it the way he's with Dortmund?
Dortmund played in a way that each player knew his role in the team, they played the same system most weeks so he knew what his exact role in the team was, I feel Solskjaer doesn't really play to a set system and allows the players to work it out in the game, he's a top talent so will come good but I think it'll take him a while before you see the best out of him.

Stadjer

Very early days but a goal will help him. Tough playing 3rd fiddle to Ronaldo and Varane signings but i believe in him.

For me he looks not so sharp and nimble at the moment ...this will come with games i guess. Big game at West Ham this week i have a feeling Lingard will get nod ahead of him
If Lingard, a player who was not in Ole his plans but is only still at United because he wants to be a United player instead of actual playing football on a weekly base, will get the nod over Ole his expensive signing that Ole wanted for two years than i would be okay with Moyes and Ole swapping jobs during the match.

Well maybe not....

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Completely agree with this - especially if we'd gone for him last summer and paid more than we did. People seem to be forgetting the good price we were able to get for him this summer.

Also - his signing has meant we've been able to get Rashford the treatment he seems to have needed for ages, and improve the squad as a whole.

The impatience in some fans is baffling.
It is. But that is football. Instant results.
I feel that he may be a bit disappointed in his start at OT. But he is class and that will show as he gets used to the way we and the PL play.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Chances are he would bang a goal or assist vs Wankdorf Boys if not the red card. After Ronnie's goal we had them on the counter and Sancho had enough space to conjure something up, especially if he was on the pitch during 2nd half in which United usually play the most attacking stuff.

21 years old... more than decade of great football ahead of him.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I feel like I was seeing an increased confidence to his game, but I guess I was wrong. His attempts weren't coming off to his and our liking as yet, but he was trying exactly what we need him to do and what the team has been missing.

Chief123

Chances are he would bang a goal or assist vs Wankdorf Boys if not the red card. After Ronnie's goal we had them on the counter and Sancho had enough space to conjure something up, especially if he was on the pitch during 2nd half in which United usually play the most attacking stuff.

21 years old... more than decade of great football ahead of him.
Before that red card it looked like it was going to be a comfortable 3 or 4-0 with goals on the counter. I agree, Sancho could certainly have been on the scoresheet as he was getting into dangerous positions. But of course, according to some he was shit again because he had to be sacrificed due to the red card.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Before that red card it looked like it was going to be a comfortable 3 or 4-0 with goals on the counter. I agree, Sancho could certainly have been on the scoresheet as he was getting into dangerous positions. But of course, according to some he was shit again because he had to be sacrificed due to the red card.
Still fuming after that game. This was perfect 90 minutes to show Donny & Lindelof their better side and start a nice CL run of games. All got f*cked in just matter of seconds. Football...

As for Sancho, he'll learn from the Siu Provider how to be more lethal and perhaps in 3-4 years we'll have not only cracking winger but also lethal finisher.

lex talionis

Hilarious to read a few comments here that Sancho just isn’t up to it and that Dortmund have duped us again.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think he’ll come good, in fact I think in a year or so he’ll be recognised as one of our most important players & many of the comments in here will be getting quoted with laughing emojis

Chief123

Still fuming after that game. This was perfect 90 minutes to show Donny & Lindelof their better side and start a nice CL run of games. All got f*cked in just matter of seconds. Football...

As for Sancho, he'll learn from the Siu Provider how to be more lethal and perhaps in 3-4 years we'll have not only cracking winger but also lethal finisher.
Agreed, I felt like this was going to be a good game for both Sancho and Donny. The balance of Donny and Fred felt like it would be good and we had plenty of firepower up top. Really is frustrating the red card basically sacrified AWB, Sancho and Donny.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Dortmund played in a way that each player knew his role in the team, they played the same system most weeks so he knew what his exact role in the team was, I feel Solskjaer doesn't really play to a set system and allows the players to work it out in the game, he's a top talent so will come good but I think it'll take him a while before you see the best out of him.
I hope he'll be fine. But being sure he'll turn good or shit at this time, is just trying to convince ourselves.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I hope he'll be fine. But being sure he'll turn good or shit at this time, is just trying to convince ourselves.
haha honestly, I hope he's an unmitigated disaster for you, but I really don't think he will be

NewYorkRed

I can’t believe some of the people on here. He’s 21. New league. New team. Missed a decent chunk of pre season. Give the kid a chance at least sheesh. I was never of the opinion that he was perfect for us simply because I don’t think he’s pacy enough- but he is still a world class talent. Just give him time, yeah? Luka Modric was older when he went to Madrid, had an awful first year and everybody wrote him off. We all know what happened next (Vidic and Evra are good examples too). You guys need to chill.

Reactions: Solius
Status
Not open for further replies.