5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delano

He hasn't got going so far. We'll give him time of course, but at the moment he's behind Lingard.

el3mel

I just can't wait for Rashford to return and regain the left forward position. He's leagues ahead of Sancho on current form.

lost7

He didn't play well, but I can see his qualities clear as day. I reckon he's gonna start showing his abilities after a short period of adjustment and hopefully shut the mouth of the clowns here with their "I'm starting to get worried" comments

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He's not a 75 million player. The parts of his game he is meant to be good at turns out he's not very good at.

Looks like Dortmund have played a blinder.
They always do. Mikhi, auba, kagawa, sancho

All players who the world thought are better than they actually were

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Links up well with others

Thats all I've heard from his fans.
He’s moved to the wrong team then, because we don’t exactly play in a way that involved players linking up well, more individual quality shines through and everything else is a bit rough around the edges. He’s being exposed so far.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Skills aren't the problem, unfortunately there won't be many games in near future for him to regain his confidence.
But damn this boy can't defend.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He's meant to be a wide playmaker but doesn't even play-make. What exactly does he do? He doesn't shoot, he barely passes forward, and hardly ever beats his man.

Fourth start and the theatrics on here begins.
It's not like Dortmund are some obscure team that nobody watched. The Sancho we've seen is just about the Sancho I expected (stylistically).

He had some nice moments tonight - more than he's shown in other matches imo. The pass and go with Lingard right on half-time, couple of nice turns on the halfway line, quick feet.

He also showed the same weaknesses he showed at Dortmund - heavily reliant on interplay, lack of explosiveness, fondness for floating around without really doing much in the way of directly committing defenders.

He'll improve. His touch is usually great and it's been patchy so far. He'll also build more of an understanding with certain players which will take the interplay up a notch. Still don't think he's a perfect fit, by any means, and I'm not sure he's markedly better than Amad who does similar things...but he's a big talent and he'll get better.

OmarUnited4ever

He needs to buck up his ideas and show some desire, i get he needs time but at the very least he has to show some fighting spirit and be courageous with ball

Sylar

His best moments seemed to come with the quick passing and moving.

He did put in a shift also

Kag

I said it in the summer and I’m convinced by this with every game that passes: the vast majority of our supporters have little to no understanding of Sancho’s game and what he actually is.

That doesn’t mean to say we can’t critique his performances, because we can. But some folk are looking to see things that he isn’t really known for doing. He isn’t going to stride up the full pitch on the counter in the way that Rashford does, for example.

When he’s up and running and striking a relationship with the likes of Pogba, Bruno and Ronaldo we’ll see some tidy work in and around the box. That’s what he‘s about.

JPB

Dortmund have ripped us off again. :lol:
When will we learn?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

What were his strengths at Dortmund? I thought he might be the type to take a man on but I don’t think he’s even attempted that once since he’s been here.
Counterattacking and link-up play with a super fast, world class talent fullback in Hakimi

mu4c_20le

He wasn't bad, looked to take on his man a few times and was unlucky to have a few shots blocked

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's not like Dortmund are some obscure team that nobody watched. The Sancho we've seen is just about the Sancho I expected (stylistically).

He had some nice moments tonight - more than he's shown in other matches imo. The pass and go with Lingard right on half-time, couple of nice turns on the halfway line, quick feet.

He also showed the same weaknesses he showed at Dortmund - heavily reliant on interplay, lack of explosiveness, fondness for floating around without really doing much in the way of directly committing defenders.

He'll improve. His touch is usually great and it's been patchy so far. He'll also build more of an understanding with certain players which will take the interplay up a notch. Still don't think he's a perfect fit, by any means, and I'm not sure he's markedly better than Amad who does similar things...but he's a big talent and he'll get better.
Ah look a reasonable take. I agree with this, anyone who watches him and thinks "we've gotten robbed" with his age and qualities might need to find a new sport. I would like him to show a bit more aggression and decisiveness but I think that will come with more experience.

I also think he's a great option as a 10 if Bruno goes down, he would light it up from the middle imo.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
They always do. Mikhi, auba, kagawa, sancho

All players who the world thought are better than they actually were
Yeah, I mean Werner was a baller in the bundesliga and look at him now. He's a dud too.

Maybe bundesliga is actually a poor league. If you go there looking to buy an attacker anyway.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Some bright spots but he's gotta do more.

I'm not seeing these Hazard comparisons, by the way. Hazard was press resistant and could hold off players twice his size. Sancho is pretty weak.

El-Manos

He was good in the second half, especially the last 20 min. Not sure why he is being singled out on this occasion.

Salwan

I don't know what you lot were watching today.

He clearly showed a footballing brain levels above his other teammates in attack and hit some beautiful passes around the box and on the counter.
He also demanded the ball much more than in previous games.

He will come good as soon as he gets on the same wavelength with the team.

Reactions: Fortitude

dal

I’ve said it all along, I think Sancho will come good but regardless of where Grealish plays I would have rather have signed him as he’s a game changer, we’d find room for him.

Nero

It's natural and expected but I hate how the culture of instant gratification and entitlement now permeates football.

If you don't become an instant hit you're shit and a waste of money.

Reactions: Fortitude

Brophs

The One and Only
He looks to me to be a player whose confidence has been shot by what happened at the Euros. A bit of time and patience will see him right.

Revan

Assumptionman
I do not understand, he is not even trying. Looks a bit how I would have imagined Cleverley playing a winger. Get the ball, pass it back, that's it more or less. very disappointed so far, though early days.

Godfather

Is it our coaching/system or him that make him look so shit is the big question. He sure played very well for Dortmund.

OL29

I actually thought he was decent compared to his other performances so far. We saw some glimpses of his link up, some nice touches and he carried the ball well. No way near where he needs to be yet but he looks like he’s going to need time to adjust to the English game so I hope to see some encouraging performances in the meantime.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Is it our coaching/system or him that make him look so shit is the big question. He sure played very well for Dortmund.
The Bundesliga is so open. Greenwood and Rashford would be scoring 30 goals a season over there.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He looks to me to be a player whose confidence has been shot by what happened at the Euros. A bit of time and patience will see him right.
It was ages ago and has no bearing on United. Beckham NEVER let his Argentina sending off effect him for United, he won the treble after that. A lot of the other players in that current squad also have done fine since then. If he can't get over it, then why is he in football if he is so mentally weak?

JPB

People saying he played "ok". You expect more than just an "ok" performance every game when you supposedly bought one of the best young players in the world and payed top money for him.

We would probably have been better off spending that money on a CDM than on him in hindsight.

pascell

Even I can't defend his performance tonight. That RB he was against looker fecked Sunday, tonight was his 3rd game in less than a week and he should've had him on toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.