Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It looks like he is playing on astro turf and slipping and falling around everywhere.

He seems like a very skilled player that just can't get to the speed of his team mates or his opponents currently.

Yesterday was his best performance for me though. Gave me some hope.

Il get killed for mentioning a player people hate like Rashford- but I think he actually needs to learn a bit from him. Be a bit more direct and simple. Take shots. Just run etc. Then add the skills after.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think yesterday was one of his best performances for us yet, even then he didn't do much and should have scored a goal.

I think the team don't know how he plays yet, he made quite a few runs in behind and was constantly ignored by the team mates opting for a back or side ways pass.
Definitely there’s a lack of understanding between him and his team mates so far, but also I think he’s being ignored a lot. Bruno complains at him a lot and prefers the Hollywood pass over the simple ball into a good area for Sancho, Ronaldo and Greenwood are selfish and don’t seem that keen on sharing the glory with the new guy. Looks like he has to work hard to earn respect at the moment.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

At times he was our best player yesterday. Tried some good 1-2s and tracked back a lot. I really hope he will stay in the starting 11, but I am afraid that similar to Donny our coaching set-up might not have a clue how to perfectly utilize a player with his abilities.

Lewnited

Probably one of the most obvious 'adaptation periods' I've seen. He's improving game on game and starting to take more risks on an individual level, though he's still not lighting it up of course.

Over the next few months we'll see him starting to think a split second faster and he won't look back from there, as his decision making is arguably his best attribute. Not even slightly worried about him if I'm honest.

El-Manos

Clearly massive potential there but he is like Bambi out there at times. I’m sure he’ll come good though.

dal

He played very well however it does seem he is more suited on the left rather than the right but his close control and awareness is fantastic, couple this with Rashfords directness and Greenwood’s finishing ability. It’s a great blend for the future.

BarstoolProphet

Liked what I saw from him yesterday. His close control is insanely good. Shame Villarreal managed to shut him down with having 3-4 players on him immediately. Shame he miskicked his shot, a goal there would really kickstart his United career.

Deery

Dreary
Plucked the ball out of the air a few times with a silky first touch, it’s slowly coming together for him a goal or assist might spark the fire in him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Actually was encouraged by what I seen last night. He was keen to drive forward and beat his man, unlike in the other games where he was playing it safe. My only worry for him is, with Rashford coming back he might not get a chance to stake a claim as a regular starter, and he isn't the impact sub type of player.

Jordan_mufc

His price tag is completely irrelevant. We have a £40m midfielder glued to our bench because we can’t give him any minutes, if Sancho can’t find time on the pitch after Rashford’s return a short loan could be good for him that’s all. I’m not saying let’s sell him for £4m to Reading, just that we may be in a situation where we have to play players who are more in form and more confident - especially if we are competing for trophies in Jan to May. In that case a short loan spell at a club that can give him time and allow him to be a focal point of their attack could help him. Our front 3 is extremely overloaded with talent.
It's a great way to kill the confidence of someone who is already low on confidence. If anyone is getting loaned out it will be Lingard or Martial. Sancho is waaaay down on that list. Not sure what Donny has to do with it.

kirk buttercup

The weight of expectation that comes with his price tag looks to be effecting him and our Judgment on him . If that was Amad out there or Pellistri last night we would be saying solid performance just needs more time. The kid can play but hasn't found his flow yet. It always comes down to moments too in my opinion if he doesn't slip or Ronaldo plays him through instead of Bruno we are having a very different conversation here. Ronaldo wasn't incredible last night over 90 but he was incredible for the moment that mattered and the narrative becomes different on his game last night. Give him time , He is another very good option for us .

Drizzle

What worries me a little is that he looks a bit lightweight and slow. He's clearly technically very good and has quick feet but he can't do players for pace and he usually loses 50-50 challenges.

We seem to have a habit of buying players like this in the hope they'll make our play more technical and clever but we don't have the coaching to make it work. They don't gel with players like Bruno, Pogba, Rashford etc who are all about gambling on moments in the hope that one or two come off during the game. Players that are looking to quickly go for the killer ball rather than look after it and pass and move.

Hope I'm wrong. He's good enough to thrive even with our tactical limitations if he gets a run of games and some confidence. But he really could've done with putting that chance away.

Eddy_JukeZ

If people are expecting him to take the ball and constantly attack the full-back, they will be disappointed.

That's not the type of player he is. There is a definite lack of understanding with his teammates, but I think we should deploy him more in the half-spaces. He could also in general perform better. I don't think he's really played well in a game yet.

Rashford is going to displace him when he returns, so Sancho will have to fight it out vs Greenwod on the right.

Grande

I thought Sancho had a good game yesterday, one of few apart from De Gea. A difference from previous games where he has drifted out, this time he grew into the game. His sprints increased in intesity during the game, his dribbles started to come off, his defensive contributions went from weak to good, quite the opposite of Greenwood on the other side of the pitch.

He’s not very strong, nor super fast, but he’s not slow, and wether he wins or loses a duel seems to depend a lot on his confidence, physical form and understanding of his tasks. Yesterday seemed a step in the right direction for him.

KingCavani

He’s going to fail spectacularly under the current management.

He’s not a guy you give it to and hope for something brilliant, he was a great part of a great attacking system.

Andersons Dietician

I thought Sancho had a good game yesterday, one of few apart from De Gea. A difference from previous games where he has drifted out, this time he grew into the game. His sprints increased in intesity during the game, his dribbles started to come off, his defensive contributions went from weak to good, quite the opposite of Greenwood on the other side of the pitch.

He’s not very strong, nor super fast, but he’s not slow, and wether he wins or loses a duel seems to depend a lot on his confidence, physical form and understanding of his tasks. Yesterday seemed a step in the right direction for him.
I felt the same. He seemed to really grow in to the game and started getting success I felt. I actually thought it weird he was taken off and not Greenwood who looked quite leggy to me.

I do think he maybe needs to try and commit to taking more people on if he wants to make something happen as to me he’s not even attempting the things he was doing at Dortmund.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I could understand his game has been affected as he is not clicking with his teammates yet, and hence might affect his overall playmaking and passing game. But I couldn’t quite understand why he couldn’t get past the opponents often here, thought he was a good dribbler in Dortmund?

tidraKS

Not really worried about him, he'll come good I'm sure. I can see he has all the needed attributes.

More worried about anything else in the team.

Kaizane

The issue with Sancho is that he excels when there's players around him and space to run in to. Here, he has neither of those because of the way we play and how teams set up against us with the deep back line, so he's either got to try beat the offside and hope a teammate finds him (which they never do), or he has to try beat his man and then another. Sancho had a good game last night, but we won't see the best out of him until this is addressed. He's probably the best player in the squad at receiving the ball in tight spaces, turning and facing up the defender but it doesn't appear that way because he's rarely got the movement around him so he'll either hold onto it too long and lose it or play a safe pass back. It's not a matter of his ability, it's a coaching issue.

I'm not going to pretend like I have the solution, I'm just the average every day United fan, but we all know what Einstein said about repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Surely, if I, the average every day fan, can see it, the coaches can too, surely?

It's still early days for Sancho but he will be feeling the pressure and there's no doubt, he was meant to be the marquee signing this summer, so why aren't the coaches doing everything within their power to get the best out him? Why do they try the same things over and over and expect a different outcome? Why not try him in a central position where he'll at least be able to play to one of his strengths, and then have the wide players push inside so they're playing closer together where they can play off each other and have the fullbacks provide the width? He's played there before and done well. He's capable, great even, at playing a pass through the lines or using his team mate for a give and go. He'd have Ronaldo in front of him, movement from the inside wide players and the midfield behind him. On the wings, he usually only has his fullbacks to play off and a few yards of space to work with whilst being doubled up on and marked. Shaw is technical enough to link up to a degree to work those situations but it's still far too predictable and on the right, it's worse because he has AWB for support. I don't care who you are, you're gonna struggle if that's all you've got to work with against two banks of 4.

It would mean pushing Bruno deeper where he played for Sporting as a CM, yes, and it would also mean less output from him in terms of G/A, but what we'd get in return is an actual midfield and balance. He'd have to adapt his game slightly and have a lot more discipline and care with the ball, but easy work for a player of Bruno's many qualities. When we signed him, we all thought he was going to be one half of the solution to our midfield dilemma, let's be honest. It was only because he literally dragged us up to 2nd single-handedly playing where he wanted in his first half-season, that Ole had no other choice to leave him where he is now, playing in that non-position between the striker and midfield, not really a playmaker, nor a striker. It was a happy accident and it was effective at the time, when we had Martial as our main striker before we got sussed out. I don't think Ole ever envisaged him playing him so advanced because when we scouted him at Sporting, he played deeper. Back then was a dire time of need not want, but now we have options and times have changed. Playing him in CM, where he drops back when out of possession and chips in with defensive duties and the opposite when in possession. Stick one of McT or Fred alongside him and gain control of the midfield and build from there.

People are saying we aren't coached, we are, just not in a way that's conducive to the players we have, which is ultimately bad coaching. If you go back to when Ole and his team first arrived, we tried the short, intricate passing and triangles often but struggled with it because we didn't have the players. Now, ironically we have the players but are now in danger of becoming a long-ball team if last night was anything to go by. In an ideal world we'd have a CDM good enough to allow Bruno to play more advanced but for now, I don't think it would harm to try Bruno there if we've tried Pogba there to no avail, while bringing more balance to the team whilst also potentially finding a solution to get Sancho more involved. For games when the opposition will give us space, by all means, stick him on the wing and push Bruno further forward to play Fred and McT, but in games where there is none, it's insanity and quite frankly, terrible man-management to stick him out on the wing in isolation and expect him to make things happen.

Acole9

Outstanding
Probably his best game for us. Not too worried about him really. He'll come good.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Natural for him to struggle.

Look at Havertz,Werner,Jovic or Haller.

He's not gonna get 20+ goals and 20+ assists, doesn't mean he won't come good.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is bit better, and hopefully will come good, but it's quite annoying that as a trickster winger he tries less running at players than 36 year old Ronaldo. I don't think I have seen him once so far running at full speed with the ball.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I would like to see him with Donny, Martial, maybe Lingard on the pitch beside Bruno and Shaw, as those are all players who I believe are good at quick pass, give and go and use the space.

Womp

idiot
Are we really surprised that a player who has excelled at one-twos, teammate movement etc. is struggling in our static set up? I wouldn't be surprised to see all of our attackers go up a level with better coaching.

Threesus

This guy struggles to beat a man. From videos of his time at Dortmund, I supposed he would be an excellent dribbler and playmaker who could chip in with double digit goals and assists in the league.

Are we going to be only relying on Bruno and Rashford(when he comes back) for goals and assists again this season? (Excluding CR)

PoTMS

He's getting praised for doing the basics. I really hope he bucks his ideas up and fast as I'm worried we've paid all that money for another Dortmund dud. I thought we already had but hopefully one of these days we'll actually buy a winger that wants to play on the right.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This guy struggles to beat a man. From videos of his time at Dortmund, I supposed he would be an excellent dribbler and playmaker who could chip in with double digit goals and assists in the league.

Are we going to be only relying on Bruno and Rashford(when he comes back) for goals and assists again this season? (Excluding CR)
He literally went past his man about 3 times in the first half. How often do you expect it to happen? I swear most of you on here have awful short memories :lol:

spiriticon

He can beat a man quite easily. The only issue for him (and our team) is finding the final pass.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Jesus that Southgate quote is rough enough isn’t it? I read a stat stating he didn’t score or assist for Dortmund in his first season until GW 14 and then he was chipping in a lot after that. Don’t be so short term guys. He’s used to rough defending and being double marked and kicked from his time in England. Does being in the BL distort the stats? Yeah of course it does but if you also take his performances in the CL into consideration then I think long term there’s nothing to be worried about at all. This lad is going to be a leading PL player once he gets to grips with what we need him to do and with what his team mates do on and off the ball. Don’t be a Southgate!

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Jesus that Southgate quote is rough enough isn’t it? I read a stat stating he didn’t score or assist for Dortmund in his first season until GW 14 and then he was chipping in a lot after that. Don’t be so short term guys. He’s used to rough defending and being double marked and kicked from his time in England. Does being in the BL distort the stats? Yeah of course it does but if you also take his performances in the CL into consideration then I think long term there’s nothing to be worried about at all. This lad is going to be a leading PL player once he gets to grips with what we need him to do and with what his team mates do on and off the ball. Don’t be a Southgate!
He got an assist on the 1st match day of both his first season (2018/19) and final season (2020/21) as a starter for Dortmund
Last year he did have a slow start, but he still had 3 assists in the first 6 Bundesliga gamedays, only played 5 out of these games as well.

He's never struggled as much in his career as he currently does, this is his biggest challenge yet.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He got an assist on the 1st match day of both his first season (2018/19) and final season (2020/21) as a starter for Dortmund
Last year he did have a slow start, but he still had 3 assists in the first 6 Bundesliga gamedays, only played 5 out of these games as well.

He's never struggled as much in his career as he currently does, this is his biggest challenge yet.
Yeah so the stat actually was that he didn’t score a goal until GW 14 last season. My bad. He’s a slow starter and this is a harder gig. Gotta keep the faith. He’ll come good in the second half of the season I reckon. I fancy him to get a goal against young boys or Atalanta at Old Trafford and to take it from there

Status
Not open for further replies.