View full 2021-22 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was OK today. He has good technique and retained possession...but he just doesn't do much. Again today he completed 1 dribble out of 3 attempts. He's averaging 0.7 completed dribbles per game at a really low percentage.

He's very much a system player and we don't have one. I'm not sure that we'll ever build one for him, regardless of who the new manager ends up being. His style just doesn't mesh with our other big attackers - Bruno, Ronaldo, Pogba, Rashford etc - who are all suited to a more direct approach.

Last edited:

Bobski

System or not Rashford will take that place, he is one of our best players and his running power and penetration drives our counter attack. Sancho will be in and out of team all season as rotation occurs, but he has to show more, be braver in his decision making.

Frank Grimes

A really bad day for him (in the short term at least). With both Greenwood and Rashford scoring he will be benched for the forseeable.
Actually think this will be the final straw for the United board when it comes to sacking Ole. Benching DVB is bad enough but not been able to get a tune out of Sancho exposes him further.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A really bad day for him (in the short term at least). With both Greenwood and Rashford scoring he will be benched for the forseeable.
Actually think this will be the final straw for the United board when it comes to sacking Ole. Benching DVB is bad enough but not been able to get a tune out of Sancho exposes him further.
I think it's the whole summer of signings that does it for Ole.
One of the best defenders, one of the best young talents, and Ronaldo.

And you go backwards, with those 3? We have barely played anyone this season, so imagine it in a month's time when we've played everyone.

miked99

Seems to be lacking confidence to me. Keep seeing scenarios where you'd expect him to drive at his man and get a shot away, but he does a meek sideways layoff instead.

I thought he'd be doing a lot better for us than he is currently, but I fullly expect him to be a class act in the long run.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seems to be lacking confidence to me. Keep seeing scenarios where you'd expect him to drive at his man and get a shot away, but he does a meek sideways layoff instead.

I thought he'd be doing a lot better for us than he is currently, but I fullly expect him to be a class act in the long run.
Really hope you're right with that last line.

Having a horrible sense of Mhky, Kagawa de-ja vu at the moment.

At least he's without any doubt got the time to make it though, and guaranteed to be under a different manager at some point either soonish, or if we're stubborn in a couple of years.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
He was bought to give us balance in attack and creativity coming from the right..but instead he offered us nothing in 10 games. He was mainly used on the left because of Greenwood's form and with Rashford returning I don't see him play too many games, he is invisble most of the time.

UnitedRepublic

Waste of money, If Greenwood was going to play on the right we should of invested in a proper DM. Left wings was already covered.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Each passing game he does little to convince that he’s going to be justifying anything. We didn’t need him. Got better attackers here already. Can only hope the next manager has an idea on how to use him because Ole literally pressed sign and hasn’t a bloomin’ clue.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well he is like Lingard in his worst form, minus the pressing/running.
Absoluetly zero contribution in attack over the first 10 games of his United career.

The Oracle

If Sancho cost £25m then there would be no issue with his current performances

However, we have spent circa £73m on him, and for that outlay, we should be expecting a bit more than someone who just throws his arms up in the air in frustration towards the referee when things don't go his way.

How about a goal or assist?
Heck how about just be more direct and play forward, instead of being negative and continually passing the ball backwards?

I have said it before, and I will say it again...
We have signed a dud.

chiz2kul

The new Pepe :lol:

Like someone said, he needs time and structure - the very 2 things that he'll wont get at present. I think he'll come good.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I feel like he just looks a bit lost on the pitch, like he often does just not know how to move forward. It can't be that he turned just shite overnight, and this is worse than a slow start. I am not sure what the reason for this is, compared to his quite productive time at Dortmund. But it definitely is not the different league I think. If he would try the same things he tried in the Bundesliga and failed, then we could talk about different quality of the opposition etc, but he does not even try this (most of the time). And if he tries, it is rarely convincing, a bit like he does not think that a dribble would be the best option, but that he has no alternative and has to try it.

It is easy to point to Ole's coaching (or lack thereof), but I have a feeling there could additionally some trouble for him getting to know and getting accepted by the squad? I really don't know, but it is simply puzzling to see him play so bad all the time.

JuriM

I feel like he just looks a bit lost on the pitch, like he often does just not know how to move forward. It can't be that he turned just shite overnight, and this is worse than a slow start. I am not sure what the reason for this is, compared to his quite productive time at Dortmund. But it definitely is not the different league I think. If he would try the same things he tried in the Bundesliga and failed, then we could talk about different quality of the opposition etc, but he does not even try this (most of the time). And if he tries, it is rarely convincing, a bit like he does not think that a dribble would be the best option, but that he has no alternative and has to try it.

It is easy to point to Ole's coaching (or lack thereof), but I have a feeling there could additionally some trouble for him getting to know and getting accepted by the squad? I really don't know, but it is simply puzzling to see him play so bad all the time.
It's probably all you mentioned combined, he is still the least experienced of our attacking line up and coming into dysfunctional team is making everything much harder for him.

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

However, we have spent circa £73m on him, and for that outlay, we should be expecting a bit more than someone who just throws his arms up in the air in frustration towards the referee when things don't go his way.

Heck how about just be more direct and play forward, instead of being negative and continually passing the ball backwards?

We have signed a dud.
For 10 million bucks, I could pull some strings to get him off your payroll and transfer him back to BVB. :D

PoTMS

I mean I could understand if he was flopping and he was playing down the right. But he's playing on the fecking left where we are well stocked. What a waste of £73m when we desperately needed a midfielder.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm Hoping a new manager can get a tune out of him because right now he’s absolute gash.

not even bench worthy.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

We have signed a dud.
Well remember James we've bought for 15m? And Lingard who cost nothing from our academy.... I think there will still be some discontent among the fans for keep playing him.

The Oracle

For 10 million bucks, I could pull some strings to get him off your payroll and transfer him back to BVB. :D
50 million and I will personally drive him to the airport for you :)

I'm beginning to think it is a motivational thing with him...

When he was at Dortmund, he clearly had a long-term plan to make it back to the Premier League, so he played out of his skin and the goals and assists was proof of that.

Now that he has achieved his ambition and made it back to England, and when you combine that with the fact that he is among the best paid players in the league; then where does his motivation come from?

Because so far he has been underwhelming to say the least.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Our setup favours individualistic players who are willing to gamble on hitting low percentage shots and pray they come good. Players who do the smart thing and play team ball will find themselves without the ball and out of the squad very soon.

redshaw

I doubt it's motivation, the whole team is playing poorly, even Shawberto is now the Shaw that was being kept out by Williams a couple of years back.

He's in at the deep end at United, you have to make things happen like Bruno, Rashford and Mason do. It's going to take time to adapt and hopefully United can improve to help Sancho but with Ole I really doubt it, it's another high price decent player we can't slot in straight away signing with a gaping hole in midfield.

I'm not a big fan of his but I thought he looked decent, some good runs and passes. His acceleration isn't great but his close control means when he's running fast, he's usually a threat. He just needs to do it more. Start wide and get running at defenders.

The problem is the price tag. Dortmund have always been a red-herring when it comes to stats, they score almost double the league goals of an average PL team, and that's in 34 games vs 38. There's a reason why every 17 year old that goes there looks good.
Crazy is how people were screaming at the the club to pay Dortmund £108 million the summer before. We might've challenged they said had we had Sancho.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Personally I hate how we are forcing inverted wingers. We play with no width and get crowded out so easily. Put Sancho on the right, yeah Greenwood will score a screamer once in a while but thats not something that leads to good play. It's a fluke moment. Inverted wingers lead to congestion in the middle and clutter. Which can work with good coaching. But also can lead to what happens with us, which is horrible play and easy losses of possession. We need to get Sancho on the right and just get some natural width, Greenwood can use both feet but they can both cut in still and play passes, or hold width and stretch teams. I doubt it happens with Ole, but it's a huge problem in our game.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The new Pepe :lol:

Like someone said, he needs time and structure - the very 2 things that he'll wont get at present. I think he'll come good.
How come Greenwood was able to come in at do it at 17 under this manager? Rashford as well did it under LVG when we were even worse than now.

Sancho just isn't good enough. A good attacker shines no matter what the setup.

Bwuk

He’s joined a team where everyone is playing badly. He’s clearly a very good player.

My only real concern with him is his lack of explosiveness that Rashford & Greenwood possess.

GMoore23

His starting place is gone now with Rashford back and I think he's now just a backup player for the foreseeable future. I wasn't that excited about his signing in the first place but he has been extremely underwhelming overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.