5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

We setup in a way where we expect him to play like Rashford, it makes no sense. He's not going to run with the ball as direct or from as deep as Rashford does, it's simply not his game. Sancho does bear some of the responsibility for his average performances but Ole and the system is a massive factor in why he looks lost out there at times.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Playing out exactly as I predicted. It's going to be a long and painful experience for some coming to the acceptance that we've wasted £70 million on a player who is no good on the right and worse on the left than what we have already.

SAFMUTD

He's not going to shine under Ole, he's neither a poacher nor lightning fast. He's a creator, all our attacks seem improvised so there's no connection between passes and one-twos.

Naturally he's struggling with this, hopefully with a new manager we'll implement a cohesive system that'll benefit him and Ronaldo.

LoneStar

He's been downright disappointing so far. But I'll be honest, I'm not going to judge him too much because our manager and coaching team are shit.

It's not like he's struggling while others are thriving. Everyone seems to have dipped in form compared to last season. Can't be that all the players decided to drop form at the same time.

dmst

Bit premature to call him a flop surely.

Remember when we gave players at least half a season to acclimatise to the PL?

Eddy_JukeZ

Personally I hate how we are forcing inverted wingers. We play with no width and get crowded out so easily. Put Sancho on the right, yeah Greenwood will score a screamer once in a while but thats not something that leads to good play. It's a fluke moment. Inverted wingers lead to congestion in the middle and clutter. Which can work with good coaching. But also can lead to what happens with us, which is horrible play and easy losses of possession. We need to get Sancho on the right and just get some natural width, Greenwood can use both feet but they can both cut in still and play passes, or hold width and stretch teams. I doubt it happens with Ole, but it's a huge problem in our game.
Sancho isn't a natural winger.

He operates more in the half-spaces.

If people were expecting an explosive winger that hugs the sideline, they will always be disappointed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sancho isn't a natural winger.

He operates more in the half-spaces.

If people were expecting an explosive winger that hugs the sideline, they will always be disappointed.
He's not. But he likes starting from out wide which keeps the width. He's a playmaker from wide. We don't need an explosive winger, but we do need to keep the width and have players make better decisions. Sancho is generally equally fine on either wing, but in our set up, he would be more beneficial if he was on the right as he could hold width wider there more naturally and leave more space in the middle.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I will stand by what I said a few weeks ago, don’t care I will be ridiculed for that. If you disregard his £70m+ price he’s basically a 21 year old player with close to zero PL experience who is struggling to perform under pressure at the highest level. If it carries on like that until January, with Rashford back, we should look to loan him to another PL club for the next few months so he can build back his confidence and get used to the league. If the best we can find is a team like Leeds/Palace then be it.

If he were an Academy player coming though that’s exactly what we would be doing. He’s 21.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

With how we play it doesn't suit anyone but Rashford as he has pace to run in behind.

We dont control games enough to get the best out of technical players

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Disappointed by him so far. Ok it's early days but lets hope he won't turn out like another Theo Walcott.

beer&grill

The Ole inners always wanted to see how would he fare with a new CB, new RW, new RB, new CB again before judging him. I will judge Sancho(and Ronaldo) after I see them under a competent manager.

lex talionis

No doubt that Jadon never contemplated that going to OT would be a step backward for will be in the end a brilliant football career.

Eddy_JukeZ

I will stand by what I said a few weeks ago, don’t care I will be ridiculed for that. If you disregard his £70m+ price he’s basically a 21 year old player with close to zero PL experience who is struggling to perform under pressure at the highest level. If it carries on like that until January, with Rashford back, we should look to loan him to another PL club for the next few months so he can build back his confidence and get used to the league. If the best we can find is a team like Leeds/Palace then be it.

If he were an Academy player coming though that’s exactly what we would be doing. He’s 21.
It didn't make sense and it still doesn't.

You're acting like the Bundesliga is an amateur league compared to the Premier League.

Obviously, the Premier League is better, but he has top level football experience.

Literally, it's a non-starter of an idea.

BlueHaze

I stand by my opinion that I still think he'll come good but not under this management. I'm afraid under Ole we'll see the same performances from Sancho and he will struggle to develop.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn't suit Ole-ball at all (pace, power and disjointed individual play). Will do better under the next manager. Having said much is also down to his confidence levels which are extremely low.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Doesn't suit Ole-ball at all (pace, power and disjointed individual play). Will do better under the next manager. Having said much is also down to his confidence levels which are extremely low.
He doesn't do well under Southgate either, we need to have a new manager who could improve our overall build up, in order for him to improve. He can't do anything by himself at a disjointed team, or under a manager who is too defensive, or not very good at possession football.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Top player who had been developed by City and Dortmund, 2 of the best attacking teams in Europe with very exact/ingrained attacking systems.

No wonder he struggles under Ole and Southgate.

NoPace

It didn't make sense and it still doesn't.

You're acting like the Bundesliga is an amateur league compared to the Premier League.

Obviously, the Premier League is better, but he has top level football experience.

Literally, it's a non-starter of an idea.
Yeah it's insane. He was in Kicker's Bundesliga best XI 2 seasons in a row. Got his first Bundesliga player of the month exactly 3 YEARS ago this month.

passtheball

You can see that he tries to pass and move but there is no movement ahead of him. He is going to be Donny II.

We are in the middle of October and a top-10 assist-maker from across Europe in the 20/21 season has not scored or assisted yet in this team. I wonder why. Reserving judgement until we get a half-decent manager and proper coaches.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
The new Pepe :lol:

Like someone said, he needs time and structure - the very 2 things that he'll wont get at present. I think he'll come good.
Pepe actually scores, assists and dribbles opponents. Don't try that one.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I didn't rare him that highly I the bundesliga but I'd wait until he gets to play with a striker like Greenwood who has some pace to make some run in behind the defences to reach the passes he routinely tries to make.

Other than that he loses possesion because the current players just stand there a bit.

He needs to play with players like Greenwood, Rashford, VDB and Bruno Fernandes further up the pitch than deeper or on the other side of the pitch to him.

yamo123x

Doesn't look sharp to me, whether it's a lack of confidence or just simply he doesn't suit the players around him I just don't know.

I said Grealish was the signing we wanted in the summer and I stick by this but indo hope Sancho comes good even if under a new manager

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
You can see that he tries to pass and move but there is no movement ahead of him. He is going to be Donny II.

We are in the middle of October and a top-10 assist-maker from across Europe in the 20/21 season has not scored or assisted yet in this team. I wonder why. Reserving judgement until we get a half-decent manager and proper coaches.
How come Greenwood could come in at 17 and make and impact? Rashford at 18 under LVG terrible second season. They were able to shine despite the setup. Sancho has shown nothing.

IncyWincySpider

If we hadn't signed Ronaldo then presumably this season would have been Cavani and Greenwood rotating in the centre, Rashford left, Sancho right and Amad and Elanga rotating with them. With Greenwood on the right in fine form and Rashford back strong from his surgery, Sancho is now a bench option.

That may all change under a new manager, of course.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I could be proven wrong because he is really talented but I'm quite certain when he starts playing on the right he would contribute very little and there will lots of sideways passes, specifically against low blocks

finneh

I think it's a bit of a cop out blaming his poor form on the manager. We've seen numerous players over the last decade shine under awful conditions. Whether it be Greenwood, Rashford, Cavani, Shaw, Martial; hell even Januzaj, Smalling and Lukaku went through periods where they've looked quality under equally poor regimes.

It's too early to write him off of course but it's concerning to see such slow, ponderous, uncreative and quite lazy performances coming from a £70m young signing. Certainly the work ethic element you'd assume coming into a new side would be apparent. You'd especially not expect him to be conspicuously slow/lazy in comparison with our other attackers.

He needs to be given regular game time but I agree with a poster above that if he's still far off the pace come January then a 6 month loan at a team like Brentford, Leeds, Brighton etc might do him some good.

Ole's lack of ability as a manager and our awful coaching has obviously not helped, but that's a mitigating factor rather than an excuse.

Stringer

I like how you have chosen to disregard two seasons at Dortmund where he was regarded as one of the best players in the league. His situation is not at all similar to a 21 year old academy player who may not even have played senior football.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's never getting in that team ahead of Greenwood on current form.
He's never getting in that team ahead of Rashford, who I don't rate much on the wing but can produce a moment of brilliance, has pace and makes good runs.

Normally I'd say he'd be a good sub for either of them, but usually our game collapses in the last 30' so I expect him to have a rough first half of the season.
But I rate him highly, the problem is not his technique or decision making, he's just not the right player for Ole.
Him and Donny will be important for the next manager.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I like how you have chosen to disregard two seasons at Dortmund where he was regarded as one of the best players in the league. His situation is not at all similar to a 21 year old academy player who may not even have played senior football.
Different league, different system, different pressure & expectations. We already had two players who were good at Dortmund but quite bad here. He will need time.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There’s people in this thread who genuinely believe that a loan move to Brighton, Brentford, Leeds or Palace might be a good move for Sancho and United.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Moving and adapting to a new league is always tough, especially when you have a manager in charge, who brought you in to play on the right but plays you on the left. Maybe just wait until he's played more than 5/6 games in his correct position before calling him a dud?
The problem isn't our players its the incompetent manager and coaches!

Bobski

Look, translating his attacking numbers was always unlikely, especially immediately, but his struggles on that side are paired with a guy who gives very little defensively either. The last game before the break he looked bright and lively but if he is not producing going forward you are not getting anything else out of him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is top talent and will prove that but not under Solskjaer. He is not typical counter attacking winger. He is more a wide playmaker. He would be great in Pep's system.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ole doesn’t know what to do with him, even Southgate gets better performances out of him. No player will play their best football at United with Ole, not at the moment anyway.

MattofManchester

The biggest problem is he doesn't seem to do anything.

Tries some fancy stuff with his feet and then passes it sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.