5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholsey2004

He's not asserting himself enough, either with the ball or with his team-mates. Maybe the managers at Dortmund did more organising the attacking plays whereas here things seem to be less rehearsed so the players self organise to a large extent. I've been a big fan since he was about 17 but i'm starting to be concerned. This feels like the Mata and Mkhitaryan signings where we signed the technical player but didnt bother to adopt the tactics to successfully utilise them.

OverratedOpinion

I have said Marcus Rashford is world class and got shot down. Our attacking pattern down the wings is basically a full back passes the winger the ball whilst they are standing still and unless the winger can take on half the defence from a standing start then nothing happens. No dig at Sancho who is used to being a star attacker in a cohesive attacking unit, it just highlights how special Rashford is to get the numbers that he does in this team.

George Beast

He's not asserting himself enough, either with the ball or with his team-mates. Maybe the managers at Dortmund did more organising the attacking plays whereas here things seem to be less rehearsed so the players self organise to a large extent. I've been a big fan since he was about 17 but i'm starting to be concerned. This feels like the Mata and Mkhitaryan signings where we signed the technical player but didnt bother to adopt the tactics to successfully utilise them.
Maybe not a big enough fan if you don't recognise that even at Dortmund where he was settled, he always had very slow starts to the season.

redshaw

Ronaldo during the game and after is just living and breathing this game. Cavani as well, so driven to win and keep running. people often say it will be good for such and such a player to see and learn but I don't see it rubbing off and Sancho is the latest to let things pass him by. Martial hasn't really took in any of it. Ibra was here too.

Oranges038

So he assisted the 2nd assister? It’s a start I guess!

Reallt don’t see how he will be getting starts for us with Rash and Cavani both fit and raring to go.
And he created space for the cross by making a little dart down the win.

I think he's a slow starter. It's up to him to play well to get himself the team. It's going to be extremely tough if he only going to be getting sub appearances.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Fan of his but nowhere near Rashford of Greenwood it seams.

el3mel

He's not starting ahead of either Rashford or Greenwood. They are just so much ahead of him it's not really a contest at this point. They both also have a habit of scoring even if they have a poor performance, while Sancho has been struggling to make a difference to a game at all so far.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Disappointing for me today. That moment where he was isolated 1v1 and didn’t look like he can do much, especially. I expected this to be one of his strengths.

Scholsey2004

Maybe not a big enough fan if you don't recognise that even at Dortmund where he was settled, he always had very slow starts to the season.
14 games in now. Its clear at this point that he's struggling no matter how big a fan you are.

Scholsey2004

Disappointing for me today. That moment where he was isolated 1v1 and didn’t look like he can do much, especially. I expected this to be one of his strengths.
Its frustrating at times when he has to pull up because he hasnt got the ball back as he's a player whose dribbling style heavily relies on give and go's with team-mates. It may be a bit like with Berbatov where Fergie said players will have to get more comfortable giving him the ball in tight areas where you wouldnt normally pass to someone for fear of losing possession. Like Berbatov, Sancho is most effective by being able to use the ball in those tight areas but team-mates need to facilitate that.

Caesar2290

Man needs a well defined attacking system to thrive. He doesn't do the whole "individual brilliance" thing too well.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He never had a slow start in 18/19 or 19/20

His only slow start was last year but by the time he had made 11 apps he still had something like 3 goals 5 assists in all comps

meamth

Time will come.

He is the neatest of the lot. Once he is in tune with us, we will see the true Sancho!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He needs a season to bed in.

There's a big jump in quality from the Bundesliga to the PL. Kai Havertz was £72m and took a year to bed in. Werner came for a big price and is still shit. Even Pulisic took at least a year to bed himself in.

Sancho has the most quality out of the lot and I have no doubt that he will kill it for us - let's give him time.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He needs a season to bed in.

There's a big jump in quality from the Bundesliga to the PL. Kai Havertz was £72m and took a year to bed in. Werner came for a big price and is still shit. Even Pulisic took at least a year to bed himself in.

Sancho has the most quality out of the lot and I have no doubt that he will kill it for us - let's give him time.
Pulisic is a bad comparison, as he was bought from Dortmund's bench, not from the first team. Sancho took Pulisic place.

The Corinthian

Pulisic is a bad comparison, as he was bought from Dortmund's bench, not from the first team. Sancho took Pulisic place.
That's not the point I'm making. I'm saying there's a jump in quality from the Bundesliga to the PL. Players will need time to bed in.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That's not the point I'm making. I'm saying there's a jump in quality from the Bundesliga to the PL. Players will need time to bed in.
That statement also is not universally true. Someone like Gray at Newcastle seems to work directly after his transfer from BL to PL.

And my point regarding Pulisic is that it will always take longer or in the end completely fail to make a bench warmer a proper starter, no matter where he comes from.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That statement also is not universally true. Someone like Gray at Newcastle seems to work directly after his transfer from BL to PL.
Demari Gray played senior football in the premier league with Leicester for 5 seasons and looked quite promising even back then. He only spent one year in Bundesliga, so he's more PL seasoned than Germany. It was a head scratching move as to why Leicester even sold him, when they did for that price.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Let's not write him off after one season but for 70+ millions you are looking for a real prospect, capable of changing game, right now he seems frightened to impose himself on the game. He's still very young and it's his first year with us in a dysfunctional team so these can be his excuses, but excellent players can overcome these, so let's just hope he can get up to speed of the game quickly.

BTW I wouldn't mind to give him a chance as a no10, he's played there and he can be more wasteful than Bruno, would give us different ideas there and would finally bench (as a rotation) one year and a half underperforming untouchable player who deserves to have the same treatment as others.

Rashford and Greenwood deserve to start so not many positions left to play him and 20 minutes here and there won't get him up to speed.

The Corinthian

And my point regarding Pulisic is that it will always take longer or in the end completely fail to make a bench warmer a proper starter, no matter where he comes from.
It's not universally true but there's a trend that's pretty apparent.

The Damarai Gray example is an awful one to cite. Out of 10 seasons he's spent as a pro footballer, 9 of them have been in the UK, with 5 in the PL with Leicester.

And Pulisic - whether he was on the bench before his Chelsea move or not, still was a starter before he lost his place to Sancho. He has over 100 appearances in the BL. And he definitely struggled to make the step up.

Werner has talked quite extensively on his struggles last season about the differences between the PL and BL.

SonyaCross493

He definitely deserves to start against Liverpool. We looked better and more balanced when he came on. Plus Greenwood was a disgrace.

Plus I want to see him finally start on the right. He can put in crosses just as good as Luke Shaw did tonight and feed the GOAT! It'll be epic to see with crosses coming in from both sides defenders won't know what to do!

danamann

It's not universally true but there's a trend that's pretty apparent.

The Damarai Gray example is an awful one to cite. Out of 10 seasons he's spent as a pro footballer, 9 of them have been in the UK, with 5 in the PL with Leicester.

And Pulisic - whether he was on the bench before his Chelsea move or not, still was a starter before he lost his place to Sancho. He has over 100 appearances in the BL. And he definitely struggled to make the step up.

Werner has talked quite extensively on his struggles last season about the differences between the PL and BL.
How has Pulisic struggled to make the step up when his most productive season in terms of goals and assists was in the PL? He never reached these numbers in any of his Bundesliga seasons. What’s holding him back is his injury problems.

Lynty

I thought he was ok.

I'd be starting him or Cavani over Greenwood at the moment. Greenwood is actually worse at pressing than Ronaldo - he jogs towards the player but he has no real intention of winning the ball.

Plus Greenwood is a better impact sub.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
How has Pulisic struggled to make the step up when his most productive season in terms of goals and assists was in the PL? He never reached these numbers in any of his Bundesliga seasons. What’s holding him back is his injury problems.
Thing with Pulisic is he looked dangerous from the very first moment he stepped on the pitch for Chelsea. Was it that 4-0 game against us? He was rapid.

Stacks

I have said Marcus Rashford is world class and got shot down. Our attacking pattern down the wings is basically a full back passes the winger the ball whilst they are standing still and unless the winger can take on half the defence from a standing start then nothing happens. No dig at Sancho who is used to being a star attacker in a cohesive attacking unit, it just highlights how special Rashford is to get the numbers that he does in this team.
Fan of his but nowhere near Rashford of Greenwood it seams.
He's not starting ahead of either Rashford or Greenwood. They are just so much ahead of him it's not really a contest at this point. They both also have a habit of scoring even if they have a poor performance, while Sancho has been struggling to make a difference to a game at all so far.
I always wondered if Sancho was actually better than Rashford as it was hard to know what Rashford would do in Germany. It was always my belief that Rashford would be a bigger impact player than Jadon as Marcus is always good for a goal or assist. Seeing Marcus come back into the team and make immediate impact I am not sure Jadon will kick him out of the team which many were certain of. Same with Greenwood

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Same with Greenwood. 43 goals and assists in his first 116 apps at senior level in this setup is remarkable.

The Corinthian

What was his injury record like in the BL?

Stacks

last year Pulisic managed 4 goals 2 assists. Honeymoon period is over

Status
Not open for further replies.