5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stw2022

Another guy Ole’s signed that he’s no clue on how to utilise properly.
This will probably be a reason more than results why the owners will lose patience. Same happened with Fred for Mourinho then he got pissy about not being backed

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Sancho would of been good in this game where they’ll be space, hopefully he gets on late in the game and shows us why we bought him.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Maybe we should get a manager that can actually use Sancho?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
£75m just to chill on the bench along with a £40m midfielder. Great management.

And some journalists were saying Ole wanted Sancho to be his first signing at United. His handling of Sancho so far is damning.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tried signing him for two seasons, spent £70m plus… doesn’t even play against our biggest rivals

Leg-End

The next manager in, if they have half a clue will look at the attacking options and scratch their head as to how we managed to fail to achieve even the bare minimum.

Sancho hasn’t hit the ground running, but he also has been chucked into a team with no system and certainly not one that plays to his strengths. I still think there is some layover from that penalty miss and we as a club have done nothing to fill him with confidence again.

There can’t be another club in the world that buys a player for £75 million and then just doesn’t know what to do with them. But with Ole anything is possible, VDB can fill Sancho in on bench etiquette.

Devil may care

I feel bad for him, he signed for a clueless manager and it looks like we're going to bring in a manager who has no use for him,

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I feel bad for him, he signed for a clueless manager and it looks like we're going to bring in a manager who has no use for him,
Who would that be? Any manager that uses a formation with any right winger will have him starting. If you're talking about Conte, we'd likely just go 343 and there's an obvious spot for him. If it's 352, then he competes for the #10. Either way, he's a world class talent who will come good in time. He needs a new manager urgently though because Ole doesn't know what to do with him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Who would that be? Any manager that uses a formation with any right winger will have him starting. If you're talking about Conte, we'd likely just go 343 and there's an obvious spot for him. If it's 352, then he competes for the #10. Either way, he's a world class talent who will come good in time. He needs a new manager urgently though because Ole doesn't know what to do with him.
Dortmund played 3-4-3 under Favre a lot and Sancho plqyed as a right sided ten in that squad with Hakimi as wing back. That's where the myth that he is a RW was coming from. You could still play him as a right sided ten in that system but you'd need a real attacking right wing back, I don't see that working with Wan-Bissaka. Sancho dropped off a cliff when played as a RAM after Hakimi left.

I think you maneuvred yourself in a dead end by signing both Sancho and Ronaldo. Sancho plays the same position as Rashford and now you can't even try out Rashford as a mobile striker making runs inbehind in a similar role to Werner at Chelsea. You'll always have to play one of them out of position or not at all.

Coops73

Spend two years chasing a player then have no fecking clue what to do with him. Planning of this club in a nutshell.
fecking odd isn’t it, if you was a player being offered the chance to sign for United and then looked at the Sancho or Donny situation would it put you off signing?

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
fecking odd isn’t it, if you was a player being offered the chance to sign for United and then looked at the Sancho or Donny situation would it put you off signing?
Any up and coming player with options would be well advised to steer well clear of this club right now. VDB looks fecking depressed and Sancho’s probably thinking wtf he’s gotten in to.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
It wasn't the right signing. Rather just a headache for whoever the new manager is.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Spend two years chasing a player then have no fecking clue what to do with him. Planning of this club in a nutshell.
The funny thing is that it isn't all that confusing how to use him. But that also depends on your attacking system actually having a system that functions as a team, which Ole's doesn't.

KeanoMagicHat

It’s madness to spend that much on a player and not be a pretty much guaranteed starter, with a team pretty much built around his talents. Sancho was perfect to fit into the attack with Martial and Rashford a few years ago. If Ole felt Greenwood was the future on RW then he shouldn’t have signed him.

United have managed to do that twice now with Pogba and Sancho, it’s a crazy waste of money.

Blood Mage

Ole probably thought he could turn him into a more direct kick and rush merchant like Rashford but Sancho just doesn't have the pace to do that. In fact I think in the future he'll become more of a no.10.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
$JS7 stocks are at an all time low, feel for the guy. Ole is really horrible and it is a disgrace he's still the United manager.

Cloud7

Imagine chasing a player for two summers and not knowing what to do with him when you get him.

Remember when Sancho was going to be the transformative player for Ole during the first summer we were after him and didn't get him. He was going to be the final piece that made us a free flowing attacking team :lol: There's always been one piece missing that stopped Ole from having a dominant attacking team :lol:

Idxomer

The main reason we bought him is that he is friends with Rashford, there was no real need for him after buying Amad.

It's also no surprise he's not working under Ole, the warning signs were all there.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The main reason we bought him is that he is friends with Rashford, there was no real need for him after buying Amad.

It's also no surprise he's not working under Ole, the warning signs were all there.
I've read this before from a poster when United was chasing Sancho; it's still as mad of a take now as it was then.

Idxomer

I've read this before from a poster when United was chasing Sancho; it's still as mad of a take now as it was then.
It isn't, you have very two young players with big potential in one position and one of them was already delivering.

How does it make any sense to go and buy a 3rd one in the same position?

Deery

Dreary
Said we should have gone with Raphinha or Pedro Neto (even if injured) and lots of people went nuts..

Blood Mage

Said we should have gone with Raphinha or Pedro Neto (even if injured) and lots of people went nuts..
They would have looked bang average under Ole too. A direct pace merchant like Traore might have fit right in I suppose.

Deery

Dreary
They would have looked bang average under Ole too. A direct pace merchant like Traore might have fit right in I suppose.
Neto is twice the player of Traore and I’d say better than Jota too.

We could have even pushed for Chiesa although he wasn’t my first choice.

Highfather_24

Dortmund played 3-4-3 under Favre a lot and Sancho plqyed as a right sided ten in that squad with Hakimi as wing back.
Conte used a similar 3-4-3 with Chelsea. Wont be suprised if he is suddenly much better under a competent manager.

RuudTom83

Finding a position and getting Sancho playing well is a higher priority than trying to sort the Pogba puzzle out.

Status
Not open for further replies.