Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
There was a small moment where he did two give and go's, moved the ball nicely across the pitch, tried to play another one with Fred who took 2 touches to control and passed it back to Lindelof.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I want someone to ask Ole at a press conference why he's playing a system with no wide attackers after just spending £70m+ on a wide attacker we've been chasing for 2 years.

SATA

You can see there’s a very good player in him. The touch, the technique, the one-twos link up but half of his teammates aren’t on a level with him to play the same way especially Fred :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Imagine trying to do a one-two with Fred ? probably get more success playing one with a fecking Goldfish.

Andersons Dietician

I’m starting to feel a little sorry for him. You can see he’s a good player and you can see he is trying to do things and make things happen with some intelligent runs. Feel like he’s really being let down by how poor everyone else is. Waiting for people to make runs but no one seems anywhere near his wave length at the moment.

He was looking for one twos off people and getting nothing. I also couldn’t help but think if he’d been in that City team today he wouldn’t have looked out of place at all.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah not gonna make any hard judgments about him until the manager goes. Worst possible time for this type of player to arrive at the club.

Offsideagain

Ole to Sancho, ‘Jadon, I know you played on the right for Dortmund and scored loads of goals and many assists, but I want you to play on the left whee you haven’t played for three years’. Great management.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Ole to Sancho, ‘Jadon, I know you played on the right for Dortmund and scored loads of goals and many assists, but I want you to play on the left whee you haven’t played for three years’. Great management.
Sancho played almost half the games last season on the left, that is not the issue.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wonder what he's made of the move so far.
I suppose trousering a few hundred k a week helps the transition though!

Firstouch20

We signed Depay at a similar age and can you honestly say Sancho is more talented and brings more to the table than Depay did? I dont think there's much that separates both of them, the only difference is that one of them cost 80m. Watching him play for Dortmund he was never a player that gave me that WOW factor. He was efficient in his output but he never really blew me away with his raw ability and talent. Certainly didn't warrant such a high price tag especially when we are pretty well stocked in his position and there were more pressing area's on the pitch where that money would have went to good use.

Last edited:

sp_107

We need 2 proper modern CM's along with a good RB + a good coaching setup

What are the midfielders we can go after to replace McFred who can give good platform for Sancho/Rashford/Greenwod

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Sancho played almost half the games last season on the left, that is not the issue.
The issue is Ole has shot his confidence. Rashy being out was the perfect time to give him a run of games. Instead we get Jogba, Marital and Dan fecking James every other game. That's the best way to let the kid know he isn't first choice and the manager doesn't believe in him. Introduce him slowly while you play your best winger (Lingard) or give him a run.

Same thing with my namesake last season and I rate him much less than Sancho Pancho. I just hope Ole's out before Sancho makes up his mind on leaving.

Anyway great man management. Give him another 5 mins as a sub in a lost game. That'll make him forget he's lost a spot in the international team.

We signed Depay at a similar age and can you honestly say Sancho is more talented and brings more to the table than Depay did? I dont think there's much that separates both of them, the only difference is that one of them cost 80m. Watching him play for Dortmund he was never a player that gave me that WOW factor. He was efficient in his output but he never really blew me away with his raw ability and talent. Certainly didn't warranted such a high price tag especially when we are pretty well stocked in his position and there were more pressing area's in the pitch where that money would have went to good use.
Memphis had roughly the same output playing for the Dutch champions and the Eredivisie was more shite then than it is now. Dortmund is a much better team in a better league than PSV in '15.

I think it's unfair to do a straight comparison with Memphis and bring up when we signed him. He's clearly developed into a much better player and is probably a top 20 CF in the world if you can look at him objectively.

I saw quite some stunning stuff from Sancho at Dortmund, but fine if you don't rate I guess. I agree we could've spent more wisely.

RuudTom83

Must be easy being a footballer at United. No matter what performance you put on there will always be a long list of excuses to clear you of any blame or responsibility.

TSE123

We need 2 proper modern CM's along with a good RB + a good coaching setup

What are the midfielders we can go after to replace McFred who can give good platform for Sancho/Rashford/Greenwod
I hope for Philips and Rice. Would be amazing.

Firstouch20

The issue is Ole has shot his confidence. Rashy being out was the perfect time to give him a run of games. Instead we get Jogba, Marital and Dan fecking James every other game. That's the best way to let the kid know he isn't first choice and the manager doesn't believe in him. Introduce him slowly while you play your best winger (Lingard) or give him a run.

Same thing with my namesake last season and I rate him much less than Sancho Pancho. I just hope Ole's out before Sancho makes up his mind on leaving.

Anyway great man management. Give him another 5 mins as a sub in a lost game. That'll make him forget he's lost a spot in the international team.

Memphis had roughly the same output playing for the Dutch champions and the Eredivisie was more shite then than it is now. Dortmund is a much better team in a better league than PSV in '15.

I think it's unfair to do a straight comparison with Memphis and bring up when we signed him. He's clearly developed into a much better player and is probably a top 20 CF in the world if you can look at him objectively.

I saw quite some stunning stuff from Sancho at Dortmund, but fine if you don't rate I guess. I agree we could've spent more wisely.
I agree Depay has come a long way and i actually like him as a player. I think he has more about him than Sancho tbh. I didn't really want to say it but i rate him higher. There's just not one area in Sancho's game that stands out for me and i'm not just saying that after assessing his time at the club so far but i've felt the same way before he had signed for the club. I'd have rather spent 120 million on Chiesa than spend 80 million on Sancho.

sherrinford

Sancho played predominantly on the left for Dortmund. It's his best position. He is not a right winger.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
People will think I'm wumming or not being serious but I'm really not.

I think that, while Foden is a brilliant player, Sancho is even better.

Think about what that means about the state of your team and your coaching.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I agree Depay has come a long way and i actually like him as a player. I think he has more about him than Sancho tbh. I didn't really want to say it but i rate him higher. There's just not one area in Sancho's game that stands out for me and i'm not just saying that after assessing his time at the club so far but i've felt the same way before he had signed for the club. I'd have rather spent 120 million on Chiesa than spend 80 million on Sancho.
I respectfully disagree, but we don't know where Sancho is going to be in his prime is my point. Look at Martial and Memphis. Football can we weird like that.

He's our player now, so let's hope you're wrong and we can enjoy Rashford - Greenwood - Sancho leading our attack in 2 years time :D

Giggs' right foot

He'll survive Ole and he'll be great. Same with VDB. It's a waiting game - a tiresome one - but we are approaching the end and we all know it, the players included.

Will look forward to seeing Sancho play for a manager, who knows how to set his team up to keep the ball, master progressive passes, and to fecking press the opponent when possession is lost.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

We are seeing someone playing in a fluid, well organised team and has been playing regularly for them the past few years, vs someone coming in with a big transfer attached to him, moving from a team with fast paced movement up front and players he interlinked with well.

Sancho is clearly a talent, and his glimpses today, to me at least, showed me he needs smarter players on his wavelength to get the best out of him and what he can do. Players like Bruno and Pogba should be the ones we get working more closely with him, and I agree that we could see a better player. We put Foden into this team now and you would get the same results as you get with Sancho right now

dal

What you do now with is you gain some balls and drop the back 5 it’s really getting annoying. Play four at the back as we are just as shit with 5. We can style set up to counter and be compact in a 433 4321.Differing playing styles of the below would be my choice when everyone is available.

Also I think De Gea has been great but Henderson will sort out defence out properly he’s just a better presence.

————————-Henderson————————-
AWB——- Varane——Maguire————Shaw
————————Mctominay—————————
—————-—Bruno——-————VDB—————
—-Sancho————————————-Rashford
—————————-Ronaldo—————————

That’s a proper team with Cavani, Greenwood and Pogba in reserve.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not quite true. His best was on the left.
It's absolutely true, Sancho has played 70 games on the right and 45 on the left. He has been excellent on both wings but plays different roles.

Chief123

I forgot he was on in the 2nd half

we won’t see the best of him until there is complete stability in the middle
Tbh we could have had 11 milkmen on the pitch and it wouldn’t have matter. We didn’t see the ball second half. So doesn’t matter who was in the team.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Playing him on the left is actually one of the few things Solskjaer gets right. Sancho was quite clearly better on the left last season.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's absolutely true, Sancho has played 70 games on the right and 45 on the left. He has been excellent on both wings but plays different roles.
I assume.you're basing this on some stat website, transfermarkt probably. Trust me, they get their formations wrong all the time. Sancho played predominantly on the left last season. The previous season it was 50/50 and the season before that was predominantly on the right. As a 17 year old, it was the left again, same as in the youth.

If you really want to know his position you should look at heat mals, for example on SofaScore. And that goes to show he's a natural left winger. Moreover, his stats are best in the seasons and competitions in which he predominantly played on the left.

JPRouve

Scout
I assume.you're basing this on some stat website, transfermarkt probably. Trust me, they get their formations wrong all the time. Sancho played predominantly on the left last season. The previous season it was 50/50 and the season before that was predominantly on the right. As a 17 year old, it was the left again, same as in the youth.

If you really want to know his position you should look at heat mals, for example on SofaScore. And that goes to show he's a natural left winger. Moreover, his stats are best in the seasons and competitions in which he predominantly played on the left.
I didn't talk about last season. Someone made a clearly wrong statement about him playing for Dortmund on the left and not being a right winger, that statement is wrong. He has mainly played on the right for Dortmund, he indeed mainly started on the left last season but he didn't exclusively played there and he mainly played on the right during previous seasons. Sancho has been excellent on both wings, he plays naturally on both wings but does it differently which one you prefer for him is your opinion and I won't try to argue that part.

Ibi Dreams

Must be easy being a footballer at United. No matter what performance you put on there will always be a long list of excuses to clear you of any blame or responsibility.
Well, it's a consistent issue with United. Sign a good player, fail to integrate them or use them to their strengths, the player looks half the player they did at their previous club.

Having watched Sancho this season it's pretty obvious we don't know what to do with him and he doesn't know what to do with the rest of the team. It feels like we just thought "he gets goals and assists" and expected him to come in and automatically do the same here

shahzy

Oh mate we know. It doesn't take a united biased fan to realise this squad as it is, is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the tripe its showing. I mean liverpool and man city came to OT and made this team look like relegation candidates. it was that easy a game for them. Liverpool could have scored 6,7,8. City likewise. How you can get these bunch of players playing this disjointed and terribly just goes to show how awful the coaching is. That doesn't stop at Ole btw. Carrick and Mckenna have been here for all the failures too. Both are garbage too

Vaibhav Raj

There is this documentary on YouTube that showcases how Sancho was so raw in his first season for BVB, relying heavily on his pace and dribbling, his predominant skill-set. That, in turn, made him a frustrating player to watch as he was great in certain games and not so effective in others. Then, with a season under his belt, he transformed from a raw talent to a more mature one who begun utilising other players around him more and understood when to dribble and when to keep it moving.

I get a feeling that all our attacking players, led by a manager who apparently likes to keep things simple, rely too much on their own skill-set and don't play as a team. Greenwood/Ronaldo will always shoot, Bruno will always go for that killer pass, Rashford will always dribble and shoot. Sancho has come into this environment and is naturally struggling, having evolved as a player from the kind of play style Manchester United manager wants from him. "Stay wide and take him (an opposition player) on" was instruction being shouted at him by OGS in one of the games urging him to dribble past players irrespective of what the situation was. It's the encouragement of this kind of playing style, with overly-heavy emphasis on individual's strength that's making this team play not like a team but a bunch of individuals doing their thing. Messi is world best dribbler but you don't see him trying to dribble past everyone all the time. Our individual centred play style works well in some games but then there are games against the likes of Liverpool, Man City wherein the players are up against a well oiled team, don't get the ball much and the players need to understand each other more and use each other more. Our one good moment against City in the first half came from the our players finally using each other, passing to each other and the ended up with a Ronaldo volley and Ederson save. Sancho will come good when this team grows and evolves, much like he already has.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I didn't talk about last season. Someone made a clearly wrong statement about him playing for Dortmund on the left and not being a right winger, that statement is wrong. He has mainly played on the right for Dortmund, he indeed mainly started on the left last season but he didn't exclusively played there and he mainly played on the right during previous seasons. Sancho has been excellent on both wings, he plays naturally on both wings but does it differently which one you prefer for him is your opinion and I won't try to argue that part.
That's still not completely precise. Sancho played lots of games that are listed as starters on the right as a right sided ten in a 3-4-2-1 with Hakimi playing wing back. That's very different to playing on the right. The 3-4-2-1 was the first choice formation for a considerable amount of time under Favre and with that in mind the times he truly started as a right wing become even less - and they lie even further in the past.

JPRouve

Scout
That's still not completely precise. Sancho played lots of games that are listed as starters on the right as a right sided ten in a 3-4-2-1 with Hakimi playing wing back. That's very different to playing on the right. The 3-4-2-1 was the first choice formation for a considerable amount of time under Favre and with that in mind the times he truly started as a right wing become even less - and they lie even further in the past.
The 3421 is why he is listed as an AM(not a RW) a substantial amount of time in 19/20. Also I watch Dortmund and on that particular case the stats are correct, there may be a few mistakes here and there but the trend is correct, he largely played on the right outside of last season and no one can claim that he isn't a right winger and only a left winger.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The 3421 is why he is listed as an AM(not a RW) a substantial amount of time in 19/20. Also I watch Dortmund and on that particular case the stats are correct, there may be a few mistakes here in there but the trend is correct, he largely played on the right outside of last season and no one can claim that he isn't a right winger and only a left winger.
That's why I think the discussion should be put to bed and everyone should agree that he can play well on both sides, period. Putting him on either side is not misusing him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The 3421 is why he is listed as an AM(not a RW) a substantial amount of time in 19/20. Also I watch Dortmund and on that particular case the stats are correct, there may be a few mistakes here in there but the trend is correct, he largely played on the right outside of last season and no one can claim that he isn't a right winger and only a left winger.
I have a different impression having watched the majority of his Dortmund games and the heat maps support my take.

I also think one can state that he is in fact better on the left since his statistics are best in seasons and competitions in which he was found predominantly on the left. If not proof then that's at least a strong indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.