5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dempsey19

Rashford and him are going to be fighting for that LW spot as Greenwood is undroppable in the RW spot on current form.

The Hilton

Some seriously harsh reviews in here, I thought he was decent today. Not spectacular, but carried the ball well, some nice link up play with Shaw, even won it back in advanced positions a couple of times.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Separate to his individual performances, we need him on the right.

When he plays at LW with Shaw at LB we have two of our best ball progressers on the same side of the pitch, with Greenwood and AWB (who are not good in that regard) on the right. It continues our longstanding problem of being a lopsided attack. Sancho + AWB is a much more natural partnership than Greenwood + AWB and Shaw is much less in need of someone like Sancho ahead of him. It will also offer better supply to Ronaldo, as if he's waiting for a quality deep cross at the back post then it's currently a lot more likely to come from one side than the other.

I realise it's down to Greenwood's form and Rashord's absence atm but it's worth noting going forward.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Definitely some good moments today, give him a bit of time to adjust, you can see he has the ability.

Mr Smith

Can't believe some are saying he was poor. He's not hit top gear yet but he was dangerous and probably our most positive player in the first half. He'll continue to improve. Still think he'll be better on the right though.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
There's a tidy player in there, some good moments to come, bedding in slowly but surely

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He looked good but still kind of unsynced with the rest of the squad. It'll come over time.

Drainy

He just looks so flat. Always seems to be playing with 80% effort. Rashford is far better than him. The next Donny.
:rolleyes:

I mean, they are both at their best playing combinations and are new to a side so need to fit in more to get the best out of them, but beyond that your post is just silly to the point of being trollish

Womp

idiot
I thought he played quite well. The end product will come, but you can tell his close control is different gravy. His ability to draw 1-2 defenders to him and skip away from challenges will be crucial for us moving forward

Just needs time to get use to the league

Golden Nugget

Much, much better than he was at Wolves. Still needs more time to adapt and grow into the team - but much more happy with him than I was last game against Wolves

Giggs' right foot

Think people make their assumptions and expectations based on his nationality - yeah he's English, but he should be treated like, say, Havertz, in regards to patience.

Sancho has his senior football degree from Germany. This is his first senior season in England. The fact he's English means nothing because he's played most of his professional games in Germany, thus needing time to adjust. It's natural that he hasn't come and sat defenders down.

Think he'll be so fearsome in not too long - and he did just fine today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is was our best attacker in the first half. Had that extra control in possesion compared to others. Faded in the second and still hasn't gelled with the rest of the team but that'll come with confidence.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Remember he literally took a knock in training for England and only just came back this week. It’s early days.

PoTMS

No point dressing it up, he was better but still pretty poor. No doubt he'll get better as he adapts to the league but he should be very much starting on the bench with the attacking lineup we have now.

Dazzmondo

Seems to be getting a lot of stick which I don't understand. Thought he was actually very good today, particularly in 1st half. Some of his link up play was really good and he was getting in much better positions than in his first 2 games. It'll take him a while to get used to the PL, it's a far supperior league to the Bundesliga, but the talent is clearly there. Glad Ronaldo came after Sancho to take some of the pressure off him. Would hate to see how much he would be criticised if he was our big signing this season.

Sylar

Should have had a penalty when his shot was blocked by a hand

There was one chance when he cut in but was more interested in passing to Ronaldo out wide, it looked obvious he would do it and kicked it short

Think he will grow into the season as he looked good at times in the first half

Strelok

I thought he played quite well. The end product will come, but you can tell his close control is different gravy. His ability to draw 1-2 defenders to him and skip away from challenges will be crucial for us moving forward

Just needs time to get use to the league
Yeah I really like his touch too. Was much better today than his previous cameos imo. Ole took him off early so he'll start in the CL I think.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He played well, ran out of gas in the second half which is understandable but overall much better. Feel like he’s going to get a lot of unwarranted stick this season if he isn’t producing goals and assists on a regular basis.

stu_1992

Thought this was the best we've seen of him yet in United shirt. Not the easiest game to impress in when your opponent is just relentlessly defensive. But got into some good positions and had some tidy play. I'm sure he'd be deadly on the counter or with space, but it's these games he's going to need to learn to put a mark on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Remember he literally took a knock in training for England and only just came back this week. It’s early days.
I don't think he actually took a knock. International managers often say this as a nice way of saying "he's not fully fit and his club don't want to risk him". I reckon this was the case because he trained pretty much as soon as he returned from England camp.

In any case I do agree, he's working toward full fitness for sure.

UnitedFire

Strange start to life at United. Very tidy and just blending into the team. Some very clever moments and can see he is a player who'll offer a lot for many years to come.

The problem is he is arguably playing like Mata! I.e. a bit too focused on the tidy and clever and not enough on the explosive directness.

Its early days and he has plenty of time to built it up, but we need to be creating more dynamism in midfield to free up space for him to shine.

Scottynaldinho

Just read that he's shit/next Donny apparently.

We brought him in to support the forward play through his goals and assists. It will come with time and fitness. He's at a new club and lacking full fitness as he was reasonably sick for a few days.

I liked that he was immediately driving the ball into space as soon as receiving it, has great touch and is always available for the ball. Works a lot off the ball as well.

His low center of gravity will come in handy and we'll see the real deal against good teams where we'll be pressed and have limited space. He's quality.

Let's continue with your ridiculous assessments of a 21 years old, in a new league, after a couple of games until then.

Reactions: Fortitude

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
very good today. looked fitter and sharper and was taking people on for fun. the assists/goals will come.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's getting there. His passes into space are so well weighted. When/if the others start making good runs we'll see him shine.

Devil may care

This was more like the Sancho that we've seen from Dortmund, he was sharper and more direct today in the first half and just needs a bit of time to sync up with his new team.

Passitlikescholes

Will get better with every game as he gets used to his new team and league. Definite signs there that he will be an extremely valuable player for us.

Didn't help him that he played against a Newcastle who refused to budge from their box.

As the game progressed Newcastle began opening up but by that stage Sancho had been subbed.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He needs a game vs some simple CL opponent to get used to some dribbling.

pascell

One of our best attacking players in the first half, always had the beating of his defender, who didn't know what Sancho was going to do next.

Those complaining are doing it for the sake of it

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
People are hyping up his performances and calling Rashford overrated. :houllier:

Talk about trying to strike a balance.

largelyworried

Honestly, other than Ronaldo, no attacker really stood out for the first hour for the simple reason that every attacker was double marked by Newcastle. So even though Sancho wasn't that dangerous, he was no different than Greenwood, Bruno, Shaw or Pogba. Overall I thought he looked a lot more involved and sharp than in previous games. Our next league game is West Ham away, where they're bound to come on to us more and that'll give more room for the likes of Sancho to thrive.

AshRK

He is a technical player and not a direct like rashford or Greenwood. He has to adapt but you could see he is a baller. I am glad ronaldo will take the pressure off him and let him settle.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He will be fine. He was decent today and that sub was probably because he had knock at the start of the week. Was unlucky to get substituted when game opened up. Before that he was basically playing against Newcastle bus

Status
Not open for further replies.