5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRoach

Let's see his scores out of 10 tomorrow from the Sundays shall we? Doubt anyone gives him above a 6.

He was hooked off first for a reason. He wasn't effecting the game.
Currently averaging 6.2 so quite a few already have.

Your last statement is just pure BS he was taken off because he had a knock for England and is clearly not yet fully fit.

Winrar

Better today.

Not too worried about him not setting the place alight immediately, some players take longer to adjust to the team and league than others.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Currently averaging 6.2 so quite a few already have.

Your last statement is just pure BS he was taken off because he had a knock for England and is clearly not yet fully fit.
He wasn't playing well either though. Doesn't make him a bad player. He's taking time to get used to the PL and our team. I'm comfident he will come good soon.

tjb

Let's see his scores out of 10 tomorrow from the Sundays shall we? Doubt anyone gives him above a 6.

Like I said it's early day and he will get better and have impact soon enough I'm sure. Just can't get behind this 'he played well' malarky when he clearly didn't.
He wasn't hooked off. Are people going to act like he didn't have an injury prior to this game. He dropped out of the England team for that reason. Ole was managing his minutes, not due to his performance, but due to his fitness. Impact wise, outside of Ronaldo up front, he looked like our most dangerous threat before he was taken off. I love Greenwood, but he was barely involved. Bruno was not on his game today either.

One thing people should also be a bit more mindful of is that Sancho will be competing with both Rashford and Greenwood. He's not a guaranteed week in week out starter, just like Mahrez and Sterling aren't at City. If he starts having dominant performances, he will be, if he doesn't he wouldn't be. People seem to be expecting a Bruno like start from him and tbh haven't really been welcoming.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I want him on the right. Wan Bissaka doesn't offer any creativity and Greenwood isn't creative either, Sancho I think would just do better out there with our current side and balance us better. Greenwood can work well with both wings and cut in from either, and having Ronaldo and Bruno central, would do us well to have that more natural width with Sancho on the right. As we're still too reliant with left wing build up. And I'm not that into inverted wingers, or at least not forcing it like we were in the first half.

Tony247

he was brilliant. He will be lethal as he gets better understanding of the players around him and vice versa.

SAF is the GOAT

It looks like that Jadon is suffering because lack of a proper system. He and others don't know where to run or what to do.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You can see genuine class. It'll take time for him to settle. Decent game today. OT crowd seemed understanding that it'll take time to settle in too.

Crustanoid

Crikey, some really unsupportive opinions on here. He’s doing well all things considered. Maybe try and get behind a 21yo playing his first few games in a new team and unfamiliar league? Not sure he deserves this

UnitedWA

His problem today was passing, few inside the box were terrible. Also Matić took that side and he ruined almost every attack today by being a tortoise in passing. Hopefully he'll get into his full mode soon!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Must do better. Hope to see him on right wing. Mason doing excellent job so far but time to see Jadon there.

Red Royal

Crikey, some really unsupportive opinions on here. He’s doing well all things considered. Maybe try and get behind a 21yo playing his first few games in a new team and unfamiliar league? Not sure he deserves this
He is doing just fine, when he scores or assists those same posters will be comparing him to peak Messi.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Geez, some people are really quick to write a player off. He's not had a massive immediate impact, but I think he did well today. I don't think it will be too long before he starts finding his feet and imposing himself a bit more.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I thought he was much better than against Wolves. Still not quite there yet, but he showed far today and was not being cowardly.

BlackBen

Sancho’s performance was better today. Showed at times today why he’s highly rated. He’ll set this league on fire once he gets used to the pace .

He’s playing a little within himself at the moment and you can see he’s a bit nervous about making mistakes like most new signings do.

Those “fans” with the pitchforks out already need to get a grip. New signings don’t need time anymore eh?:houllier:

criticalanalysis

I'm not worried about his talent, I'm worried about the fact we don't have good build up play and movement i.e things that he excels in.

Strats

Thought he had a very decent run out.

Feels like a typical monkey on the back situation. Once he gets a goal or assist I think he'll become more confident and show the levels he showed at Dortmund.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I'm not worried about his talent, I'm worried about the fact we don't have good build up play and movement i.e things that he excels in.
He will make us better in that. He was fine today .We were playing against 10 defenders, bit more open game and he would have been much more involved

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Remember the post come the end of the season. Sancho has been extremely average since he arrived, and putting the excuses (new league, needs time) aside, I've seen nothing to back-up the hype over the last 2 years.
:lol:

Sure why let facts get in the way of opinions?!

The other weird thing in your opinion is that be clearly played better today than in his last appearance. Which is exactly what you’d expect/hope for from a player trying to settled into a new team/league.

BeltUp

Supports
United
It's a good job we signed Ronaldo because I'd hate to see the reaction towards Sancho if we hadn't.

I'm sure he'll come good with time.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best game for us yet, still a bit too passive for me, but that could be nerves. Also rarely seems to his left-foot, cut in every time with his right-foot.

It's good for him and us that there is barely any pressure and talk about him in the press, he can settle in while Ronaldo takes all the pressure off the team, which is a massive bonus.

Highfather_24

Decent outing. Slowly but surely improving with every game. You can see has a bit of nerves, which is only understandable. So helpful that Ronaldo is here to take the pressure off him. He's not the Nani-esque explosive winger people think he is, he is more of a Juan Mata with decent pace.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Decent outing. Slowly but surely improving with every game. You can see has a bit of nerves, which is only understandable. So helpful that Ronaldo is here to take the pressure off him. He's not the Nani-esque explosive winger people think he is, he is more of a Juan Mata with decent pace.
Sounds promising

saivet

Decent outing. Slowly but surely improving with every game. You can see has a bit of nerves, which is only understandable. So helpful that Ronaldo is here to take the pressure off him.
Yep, feel he really needs the game time too. Slowly improving but he barely played at the Euros, hardly had a pre-season, picked up a knock and no games during the latest international break. This was his fourth start (including friendlies) since he finished with Dortmund.

I hope he keeps starting and if so I think he will be up to pace in a couple of weeks.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Getting better. Im confident he'll come good soon. The kid is class, just needs some more time.

RedRoach

I can see the Mata comparisons with his one touch passing and vision but he is a much better dribbler than Mata and he demonstrated that today.

Chief123

Like I said it's early day and he will get better and have impact soon enough I'm sure. Just can't get behind this 'he played well' malarky when he clearly didn't.
Your posts are prime example of tunnel vision bias. Sancho was one of our biggest threats in the first half. More so than Bruno and Greenwood. You seem adamant into shoehorning Sancho into being a failure. Very weird.

It's clear to see, when he receives the ball he has genuine class and looks a threat every time. A few small tweaks and he will be a huge success when players start understanding each others game. There are certain players where you just need to see a few glimpes and you can see they are going to be just fine.

podurban2

I thought he showed quality in dribbling and step-overs that Mata never did from what I recall. Either way, Mata was such a great player it’s difficult to compare him.

MadMike

Better today. I liked his movement and he was better on the ball. Could have scored too if he was a bit luckier.

He is probably not really starting on merit atm, I think Martial looks more dangerous, but I’m happy to persist with him till he finds his feet. Hopefully that will be soon though because when Rashford returns competition will be intense.

Highfather_24

I can see the Mata comparisons with his one touch passing and vision but he is a much better dribbler than Mata and he demonstrated that today.
He's a better dribbler for sure, but Juan wasnt bad himself back in the day. Mata is a better passer while Jadon is a better dribbler.

Hope he starts against YB. The pace of the game will suit him more, he needs minutes, and hopefully he can get a goal/assist, that will help him with nerves.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
C'mon guys, he's a young player new to the league, still getting to know his teammates and vice versa. Instead of getting on his back, lets support him and give him the time he needs to grow into this team and find a role here. He had a good 1st half, I actually thought he was our best player. Room for improvement no doubt but let's be patient with him and I'm certain he will be a star here!

Chief123

Better today. I liked his movement and he was better on the ball. Could have scored too if he was a bit luckier.

He is probably not really starting on merit atm, I think Martial looks more dangerous, but I’m happy to persist with him till he finds his feet. Hopefully that will be soon though because when Rashford returns competition will be intense.
Really? What are you seeing? I've genuinly not noticed Martial do anything to suggest he looks more dangerous than anyone so far this season, let alone Sancho. I'm not even a Martial hater but honestly, he looks so far off it he's actually looking like he may fall below lingard in the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.