Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Didn't he had a similar start to the season at Dortmund last year as well. After the entire transfer saga he was a bit slow to start and then gradually picked up his form. But when the performances picked up the goals and assists just came in naturally.

So nothing to worried about as he is going to be a key contributor for the team this year.
Transfer saga is one thing, I also have the feeling that he is someone who really needs some time to get used to a different tactical setup (and that changed at Dortmund due to the loss of Hakimi). Maybe that is also why he so far wasn't impressive for the national team, maybe he still needs more time to get used to that setup.

SATA

Always excited to see him play. Hope he starts on Tuesday again. He seems to glide on the pitch with the football and his ball control is top notch

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
But we have more than these 3 for two spots. Also Martial, Lingard, Amad, Elanga, and Pogba sometimes play at LW as well. There is also Mata…
Lets be real here, Mata, Martial and Lingard probably won’t be here in 1-2 years time.

Amad and Elanga are kids who will either go on loan to get minutes or play in the cups over the next 1-2 years.

In reality for 2 spots we have Rashford, Greenwood (both can also play centre forward), Sancho, Amad, Elanga, (maybe pelestri?) At least in terms of actually having a future at united.

If anything our squad planning for the wing has been excellent, and now we look more like City have done over the years with depth and quality.

RPT_Reddevil

Transfer saga is one thing, I also have the feeling that he is someone who really needs some time to get used to a different tactical setup (and that changed at Dortmund due to the loss of Hakimi). Maybe that is also why he so far wasn't impressive for the national team, maybe he still needs more time to get used to that setup.
Agreed. He takes some time to adapt but makes up for it as soon as he picks up form with his output on the field.

His last performance was quite encouraging. You can see the quality with his touches, close control & weight on some of the passes. Really excited to see him do well for us.

Young Boys 2:1 Man Utd

saivet

Pretty mediocre for the period he was on the pitch yet he was eclipsed by shiteness from others after the red card so almost feels like an afterthought.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looks like he's got stage fright. Seen nothing from him so far. Needs to buck up his ideas before Rashford's fit, cos Greenwoods looking much better wide right. Yes he needs time to adjust but Young Boys didn't play at Premier League pace while he was on. Honestly, poor.

MattofManchester

The amount of time of he takes to make a decision on the ball is baffling and must be infuriating for his teammates

Yagami

Good post resistant
Have Dortmund swindled us again? He's not press resistant at all. Looks as weak as Kagawa and Mkhi. Couldn't even take on one of their players either.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Have Dortmund swindled us again? He's not press resistant at all. Looks as weak as Kagawa and Mkhi. Couldn't even take on one of their players either.
Hes young, talented as feck but low on confidence. Literally all it is. He'll take time to settle which is fine. No, dortmund didn't swindle us, as he'll be a class player for us.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
I remember how some hyped him as some second coming of Messi. Still early days I won't judge him yet till the end of the season, but Ole ain't the right manager for most these players.

el3mel

He looks half the player I watched in his highlights videos. He doesn't even look as explosive as I was expecting him to be.

I'm starting to get worried about the whole thing.

saivet

It's probably also worth pointing out he started fairly slowly the past two season but two excellent seasons come May.

Disappointing 35 mins but having watching him a lot at Dortmund, while he's a mediocre opening few games/minutes with us, I'm not concerned at all.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hes young, talented as feck but low on confidence. Literally all it is. He'll take time to settle which is fine. No, dortmund didn't swindle us, as he'll be a class player for us.
I hope you're right because everything I've seen of him (mainly for England) has been unimpressive.

Ace of Spades

I remember how some hyped him as some second coming of Messi. Still early days I won't judge him yet till the end of the season, but Ole ain't the right manager for most these players.
Yeah, because it's not like there are other players who have improved under Ole. Sancho's performances are his own responsibility, right now he can't even do basic things that he should be apparently good at.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Probably not with a team that has no clue. If he relies on players around him to play well then it ain’t going to work out here, and with brain dead full backs who he can’t link up with.

Stadjer

He could take on better players than Young Boy players while playing in the Bundesliga so i doubt its a problem.

He will be fine, he is young and might need some time. Today he didnt play well but it is way too early to get worried or even write him off already.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not seen that he’s any better than James so far. Needs to keep starting though. The thing that worries me is that he’s never really impressed me for England.

bondsname

Every time he gets the ball on the right wing he has no options but to pass it back to to the defence. He is always isolated by himself on the wing and has no decent options, I’m afraid he doesn’t function well against defensive teams and being double marked which is something that is going to happen often at United. Or he is just low on confidence. I find it harsh to judge him for the time being because he is young, it’s a new team but I can’t say I get excited when he has the ball.

With that being said he does misplace a lot of passes and loses the ball a lot. I never rated him at Dortmund but I know he can perform better than he does now.

MadMike

Very nervous today with poor decision making. Still early days though, I’m not worried yet. His performance at the weekend was better.

El Zoido

He’ll be fine, he’s just very clearly low on confidence. He’ll pick up I’m sure. The red card proper fecked him today, he was seeing a lot of the ball even though not doing a lot with it. Reckon it’d have been good for him to keep going at it, he isn’t shying away from the game. One goal or one good assist and it’ll turn around for him.

Eddy_JukeZ

I always rated Rashford over him.

That said, I'm sure he can and will play better.

He's off to a rocky start though.

Sylar

He looks hesistant and nervous. And its leading to him almost always making the wrong choice.
He needs to find a way to relax. Easier said than done, but that red card to AWB would not have helped, because I think leading 1-0 today, it would have opened up for him more in the second half.

MattofManchester

His performance at the weekend was better.
Some of the same signs were on display in that game as well tbh. He holds on to the ball far too long, before he decides what to do with it. Happened in the Newcastle game, and happened again today. Difference is that YB constantly pressed the players on the ball.

abkmufc92

He left a functional team for a dysfunctional team.

He may eventually play better but he won't find the same kind of form he had at Dortmund.

Bobski

Talented player who has had a poor start and does not look fit.

However one thing that will be an ongoing problem is that he is defensively appalling, he is going to cause defensive balance issues with Utd also having Ronaldo and Pogba in the front 6.

Drainy

Hard game for dribblers today. When he stuck to passing he did well, but the ball was holding up and it took some of his tools off the table, I think.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Talented player who has had a poor start and does not look fit.

However one thing that will be an ongoing problem is that he is defensively appalling, he is going to cause defensive balance issues with Utd also having Ronaldo and Pogba in the front 6.
No different to Greenwood or Martial. Rashford’s (pre-injury) defensive work rate is an anomaly for most wide forwards.

Bobski

No different to Greenwood or Martial. Rashford’s (pre-injury) defensive work rate is an anomaly for most wide forwards.
Maybe but neither stood out for it(to me) as Sancho has so far. It needs to improve, press from the front is huge in the modern game and with Sancho and Ronaldo starting together a workman-like midfield is inevitable.

ForeverRed1

Do you think the low confidence stems from the euros and then coming into the team late.. factor in the big price tag, expectations and the fact he’s still only 21 himself, coming into the hardest league in the world...

He’s also just had a injury aswell.. I hope he can get hold of his mentality right now and pull it together.. we expect big things from him. Willing him to do well.

Reactions: Fortitude
Status
Not open for further replies.