5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redpatron

Confidence is shot. He's been the main man or primary playmaker for several seasons, now's he's like the 4th/5th option. I think he's trying to figure out what his role is on the squad and where he fits in. Going to be interesting to see Rashford adapt to this as well when he comes back.

It's probably also worth pointing out he started fairly slowly the past two season but two excellent seasons come May.
True, but this isn't just something that should be accepted as "oh he's always terrible for the first few months".

A lot of good United journalists reported that our management weren't pleased that Sancho didn't make himself available for, what they considered, an important preseason training camp for both fitness and team chemistry.

He's had plenty of similar issues at Dortmund (and England...and City...) over his short career.

dal

Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho. Futures bright.

We are so fortunate to have Ronaldo though,

KennyBurner

Bundesliga tax is just too much. We bought another left forward to add to our already packed left options.

Swiss_Red89

I'm not convinced yet. He's obviously a good player and deserves a bit of time. But I think he needs to up his game soon because otherwise when Rashford is back he could find himself on the bench.

keithsingleton

Hoping he's just finding his feet but like Ive stated before, never so him have a good game for England so always had reservations from what little I saw of him. Fingers crossed when he catches up with the pace we play at in the league he picks himself up.

The Irish Connection

I said it a few times when we were linked to him that he reminds me a bit of the poor version of Sanchez in that he prefers to stop on the ball and pick a pass. He doesn’t have the explosiveness to go past people regularly. But I was happy that we got him for a better price. 100m would have been criminal.
He will need time, just hope he doesn’t flop completely.

marktan

I said it a few times when we were linked to him that he reminds me a bit of the poor version of Sanchez in that he prefers to stop on the ball and pick a pass. He doesn’t have the explosiveness to go past people regularly. But I was happy that we got him for a better price. 100m would have been criminal.
He will need time, just hope he doesn’t flop completely.
Pretty much my opinion on it. I'm not sure how good he'll be for us because we already have the passers in Bruno and Pogba and it's not like he'll suddenly gain pace. I think Rashford and Greenwood will start over him but I hope he grows into his role here and contributes as a squad member.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think the problem is the lack of collective coaching, in that he does not know what to do. We rely on individual brilliance whereas at dortmund the team would have been drilled in how to attack to create chances.

Early days yet though.

We need to play players in their correct positions for christs sake. Pogba should have been in MF today and Greenwood and Sancho should have been on the RW and LW respectively.

Roboc7

He’s a lot better than he’s showing but also think Ole probably doesn’t know what to do with him. Not long before other players are back and he’ll be on the bench, it might be a really tough season for him.

spiriticon

He needs to pull his finger out his fecking arse pronto. You wanted an extended holiday? You got one. Now you have to do what you need to do to get up to speed with the damn game.

This wasn't even Premier League gamespeed. This was Young Boys.

croadyman

Felt like we really missed out on Grealish to City but am desperate for Jadon to find his feet and prove me wrong

FreddieTheReddie

He needs to pull his finger out his fecking arse pronto. You wanted an extended holiday? You got one. Now you have to do what you need to do to get up to speed with the damn game.

This wasn't even Premier League gamespeed. This was Young Boys.
He was fecking sick, didn't want an extended holiday.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Is someone holding his family hostage? Does he have loans piling up? He seems so incredibly nervous /anxious in everything he does... Lad needs to calm down.

croadyman

Is someone holding his family hostage? Does he have loans piling up? He seems so incredibly nervous /anxious in everything he does... Lad needs to calm down.
Think he ends up going elsewhere if Villa would have been relegated last summer because would have gone for Grealish

JoaquinJoaquin

Confidence is shot. He's been the main man or primary playmaker for several seasons, now's he's like the 4th/5th option. I think he's trying to figure out what his role is on the squad and where he fits in. Going to be interesting to see Rashford adapt to this as well when he comes back.
See, this should make it easier for him as there is barely no pressure on him, yet he still seems like he is overawed at the size of the club.

Adamsk7

We do forget he’s only 21. Playing for Dortmund and playing for us is just a huge gulf, even though they are a good side. Playing in the hardest league in the world for a team that is truly monstrous in its global appeal and therefore also critical judgement. He had a slow start last year, he came back late, he’s had an injury. I’m not worried.

darioterios

True, but this isn't just something that should be accepted as "oh he's always terrible for the first few months".

A lot of good United journalists reported that our management weren't pleased that Sancho didn't make himself available for, what they considered, an important preseason training camp for both fitness and team chemistry.

He's had plenty of similar issues at Dortmund (and England...and City...) over his short career.
This is news to me. Any sources for that? Thanks a lot.

The Irish Connection

Pretty much my opinion on it. I'm not sure how good he'll be for us because we already have the passers in Bruno and Pogba and it's not like he'll suddenly gain pace. I think Rashford and Greenwood will start over him but I hope he grows into his role here and contributes as a squad member.
I’m happy to be patient with him but he mightn’t be happy if he’s on the bench. If he’s ok being rotated then great.

Eddy_JukeZ

It is a good thing Ronaldo came back, because that #7 shirt next season would have added even more pressure on Sancho.

A goal would do him a world of good.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The jerking of knees is ridiculously strong in this thread

Abraxas

It's definitely been one of those stumbling starts for an attacking midfielder where the size of the club and the transition required hits them and feeds into a lack of confidence. You see the talent but passes are over and under hit, they misjudge teammates, and then to top it off he gets hauled off after a red. Reminds me of the Utd career of a few other lads we signed from Dortmund.

I didn't realise he was such a confidence player from the descriptions of him for Dortmund. He looks like somebody that desperately needs a contribution at the moment. That and maybe a good period of adjustment.

Godfather

Still looks like he has his finger up his arse. Lacks energy and explosiveness. Didn't expect a Nani like debut season but I hope he kicks on soon.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
If he is not fully fit or need time to know the team better, why rush him? why do not protect him, let him play some minutes before he is fully ready?

You buy a 70 million player, expecting him to stay for years, why rush him? Perhaps Ole is having a great pressure now to play him after 70 million spent.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Going to take a while to get going I assume. Didn't he have a poor start to last season after the transfer not coming through? Well, he was thrown to the wolves by Southgate in the summer and then joined United who then signed two world class players for a lot less (in terms of fees) money. He'll need to acclimatise mentally. Was really really poor tonight before being sacrificed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is the type of game he should shine in.
He's low on confidence and will take time to get it back and show his class. It happens. He's young. Not the first time a young player has struggled at the start of a season with big expectations or after a big move.

macheda14

This is the type of game he should shine in.
You could say that about any players who are now world beaters when they were 21. Inconsistency is just part and parcel of being a young player. Remember how many times we said this about Rashford. Even Ronaldo.

Idxomer

My prediction is that a player whose best attribute is his link-up moves in the final third won't fair well under our coaches.

PoTMS

Honestly didn't think he'd be this bad. I'm hoping it's just a touch of the Havertz rather than Werner. I'd only watched him in England games and he looked poor but his Dortmund stats were amazing.

snk123

Early days and would love to be proven wrong but it seems like all of us shouting from our rooftops to sign Grealish over Sancho had a point.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Honestly didn't think he'd be this bad. I'm hoping it's just a touch of the Havertz rather than the Werner. I'd only watched him in England games and he looked poor but his Dortmund stats were amazing.
You can’t really judge players from their performances in Bundesliga

Redlyn

Early days and would love to be proven wrong but it seems like all of us shouting from our rooftops to sign Grealish over Sancho had a point.
Like you said early days and cost a leg more.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
His attributes are clear to see, I think he'll be a good player for us but I still wonder why we buy players from teams that rely on coaching and system, when we have nothing of that sort.

Devil77

Making any sort of conclusions from this game is silly.
Yeah, you're right. But my biggest concern is that we have seen him in three games now and never has he made me stand up or done something remotely close to what Ronaldo did in his debut. Doesn't seem to have any pace nor trickery and the final passes have been abysmal. Really hope he will come good as the season progresses.

mu4c_20le

His attributes are clear to see, I think he'll be a good player for us but I still wonder why we buy players from teams that rely on coaching and system, when we have nothing of that sort.
That's another way of saying limited player.

Status
Not open for further replies.